PL Opinion on New Virgin Poker Tables

hombre1

Punters Lounge Ted here from Virgin Poker We’ve often had feedback from players that the bright red virgin tables can send your eyes a bit funny when you play for long periods of time. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

In mid November we’ll be launching new graphics on the poker room and web-site (plus we’ll be ridding ourselves of the terrors of webdollar and launching our own payment system but more on that closer to the time) and we just wanted to get some feedback from You as You spend more time looking at the poker tables then we do.

We can’t go changing the functionality or set up of the poker table but we’d really appreciate your views on the three colour schemes below – which you prefer and if you’d find any of them particularly unpleasant to use.

This thread will be up for a few days & we will process your player feedback to our creative and marketing teams.

Thanks

Ted Virgin Poker Team

Here are the new table creatives:-

Table 1 - Wood Table

080912_Main_table_wood.jpg

Table 2 - Grey Table

080912_Main_table_Grey.jpg

Table 3 - Red Table

080912_Main_table_red.jpg

Re: PL Opinion on New Virgin Poker Tables I'd love to tell you which one would be better,but those red tables have sent me colour-blind,though No2 the Orange one looks good;) 1 and 3 look the best,so either for me.:ok But the grey one looks horrid unless you want to feel like your playing poker back in the 1920's:lol

Re: PL Opinion on New Virgin Poker Tables How ya doing Ted? Tables look good to be honest but by far the best change you can do is to get rid of the thieving cnuts that are webdollar! I hope the new banking exchange rates are going to be better for the public now as webdollar are nothing but thieves with their dodgy rates!

Re: PL Opinion on New Virgin Poker Tables Nice one Ted :ok All 3 are IMO a big improvement on the status quo :) Don't have strong preferences between them, but if I were to push myself for an opionion - I think I like the grey most, followed closely by the red - in generaly I think it's best to be pretty clear and "neutral" (a bit like a show room in a housing development!). The wood does seem to be a bit blurry in my eyes :unsure (there's perhaps too much detail with each plank section being very small) Getting rid of Webdollar is great - their exchange rates are outragous (I presume yours will be more reasonable ;) ) - but also from the perspective of what happened with Tusk/Microgaming - I know Virgin have guaranteed funds, but I'm not a fan of third party payment providers any more - if you're with a skin/network, you are trusting them with your funds and dont expect the money to disappear with largely unknown middle men....

Re: PL Opinion on New Virgin Poker Tables

How ya doing Ted? Tables look good to be honest but by far the best change you can do is to get rid of the thieving cnuts that are webdollar! I hope the new banking exchange rates are going to be better for the public now as webdollar are nothing but thieves with their dodgy rates!
Yep, we've been very aware that WebDollar was not a fair system and therefore have been building this paymnet soltion for a long, long time. You will now get to choose your own wallet currency so you can deposit in £, $ or € and so will have no exchange rate costs or bank charges depositing. You will then be given a rate when you take money in to the Euro room and this will be fixed so that when you log off that session your money is converted back in to your wallet at the same rate. It's now in testing and is 2 months away from going live. We're currenctly putting the payment systems in place but it's certainly our objective for payments to be much speedier than webdollar (although this will still be a balancing act to ensure we don't open ourselves up to high levels of fraud). One further addition at the same point will be us running our own 24/7 customer support centre - so no more Poker Response. I'm sure this is something that we can all be happy about. Joe

Re: PL Opinion on New Virgin Poker Tables Joe/Ted - Can you customise cards as well? Have you considered the (non traditional), high visibility option (of the ilk of the unofficial mods that are available for Full Tilt and Pokerstars) - rhey're especially good when multitabling. As an alternative - could you maybe offer a download pack through the virgin web site of this option (used by downloading the card graphics and overwriting the existing deck)? Unofficial mods dont seem possible on Boss - the graphics files are encrypted or something (I've tried to play with them :tongue2)

Re: PL Opinion on New Virgin Poker Tables HI PL Thanks to everybody that posted on this thread We’ve consulted several forums and other regular players and the general consensus is grey. We realize that there were some players who didn’t like the grey screen but it was as democratic as we could make it! Best Regards Ted Virgin Poker Team