** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

World Cup Qualifiers - Sep 10/11

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Sep 10/11

Long time lurker' date= not a fan of usually posting on forums but this one has a good community feel to it and I want in! I also want to start posting all my bets on here with reasoning for my own benefit. If i cant give a good tip with good reasons then I shouldn't bet on it myself. Lets go...
SportFootball (Internationals)
EventRussia v Wales
SelectionRussia
Strength10/10
Date10/09/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.3 (Back)
ReasoningThe Russian team keeps going from strength to strength, and they'll continue by comfortably beating Wales here. The Russians pace and precise passing should be enough to see off a weakened welsh side. Pavlychenko, Arshavin and the return of Pogrebniak will surely find their way through Wales' inexperienced defence I fully expect Russia to win 2-0 or 3-0, anything but a Russia win would shock me.
Hope you don't mind me temporarily nicking your template Spooner :\
:welcome to PL. No, Its just copied off another site part of PL, http://www.sports-punter.com/ :ok Good luck with your bet. :cheers

EventTurkey v Belgium
SelectionTurkey
Strength10/10
Date10/09/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.61 (Back)
ReasoningAnother team like Russia that impressed heavily in Euro 2008. Turkey come away from the championships with 2 wins out of 2, the last being a comfortable and well played win over Armenia. Belgium on the other hand have been poor at the back, conceding 2 against Estonia and narrowingly winning 3-2. Previous to that they lost 2-0, 3-1 and 4-1 to Germany, Italy and Morocco respectively. This combined with a hostile Turkey croud, I can't say more than a comfortable home win.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Sep 10/11 Russia -1.5 Hiddink has doen exceptionally well to make this Russian side into a very good side as was shown at the recent European championships. With players like Arshavin and Pavlyuchenko leading the way, they should be far to string for a young and inexperienced Wesh side that faces a daunting trip to Russia without some key players. France - Serbia under 2.5 Both teams have been struggling to score as they are low on confidence as well as having problems with their respective coaches. Both teams also have players who don't seem genuinely interested in paying under their respective coaches, so they will have little enthusiasm and hence may not put their full effort into this game Finland - Germany under 2.5 Finland usually play well at home so it will be a tough game for the Germans who are the obvious favourites. The game is sold out so look to the home crowd to lift their own team while the Germans may find it hard to get their usual rhythm ging especially with several players like Ballack out injured. The Fins should play it tight otherwise the scoreline may find it similar to what the Germans did to Leichenstein Sweden -1.5 Sweden should prove to a good especially as it boasts a very good forward line with Ibrahimovic and Larsson which the Hungarians will find very hard to contain. At the back, Mellborg should do a good job in keeping the strikers in check. In their previous European Championship qualifiers, Hungary managed only 1 win out of 6 away games while the Swedes usually play well at home. Croatia Croatia put in a very efficient display in beating Kazakhstan and should be ready to beat England once again, after they beat them in recent qualifiers for the European Championship. While the Croats look like they are in form the oppsoite can be said for England with their lacklustre display against Andorra. Croatia are very hard to beat in front of thier own crowds, so look to them to continue their winning streak. Australia Australia owuld be pretty confident coming nto thsi game after their win over Holland in a freindly game n te weekend while Uzbekisatn lost to Qatar in their first game of the qualifiers. The Astralian played quite well and if they continue to play like they did, passing the ball around, they should have too much talent considering quite a number of their players playing in the better leagues around Europe

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Sep 10/11 I'm not to sure on Australia. I watched them abit back at home to Iraq I think it was and they were dodgy in defence and terrible in attack. Everything was a cross with nothing on the end of it. Along with that, Uzbekistan like many other teams are prodominatly a home tean. Very successful at home. I'd be wary of it.

EventCroatia vs England
SelectionCroatia
Strength10/10
Date10/09/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.58 (Back)
ReasoningDifferent class from an overrated England side. They proved it during the Euro 08 qualifiers when beating them twice and were unlucky to get knocked out of the Euros by a lucky Turkish side. Bilic is a masterclass and he always has his team fired right up for these games. I just don't understand why the price is so big. England may have the players but that is all talk for me, they are just not good enough and odds against for a home win is a gift.

EventTurkey vs Belgium
SelectionTurkey
Strength10/10
Date10/09/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.65 (Back)
ReasoningTurkey impressed everyone at Euro 2008 and look head and shoulders above an average Belgian side here. Belgium struggled to beat Estonia last time just winning 3-2 whereas Turkey were comfortable 2-0 winners away at Armenia. They just look on a different level from the Belgians nowadays and should be too strong in this.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Sep 10/11 Seems to be a lot of support for the Czech Republic but Norn Iron are an improving side and have proved to be a very strong side at home in recent years beating Sweden, Denmark and Spain in their last qualifying campaign. The Czechs are a vastly experienced solid side but they had their ups and downs in the Euro's and will miss the presence of Jan Koller who won't play tonight and Rosicky a long-term absentee. Think the Czechs are under-priced at 4/6 and with NI having a strong record at Windsor Park and David Healy seems to find a different level when playing for his country there is value on the double chance for home win + draw at 11/10 Selection- NI double chance 11/10- bet 365. Will look to add this to a treble or accy.

I am laying England all day on betfair at 3.3. The players have already come out and said a draw will be a great result. We want to win but we must keep it tight. This tells me they will go forward on few occasions and just pack the midfield and make it another dull England performance. They may get the draw they are after but I cannot see them winning this. Add that to the mounting pressure on them to perform at some point and I am very happy to keep laying them. Score predictions would be 1-0 and 0-0 which I will also be covering.
Mate you can lay them at the betdaq - Matched:£346,981 @3.35 ;) Cheers.

Montenegro vs Ireland (Cards Bet) Montenegro vs Ireland

Ireland visits Montenegro in search of their second consecutive win from the beginning of WC Qualifications.

Ireland had quite easier game against Georgia last week. Today they are to face a really passionate team with some world class player like Mirko Vucinic.

Montenegro showed great team spirit and deserved all three points against Bulgaria.

Montenegro managed to come from behind but a goal in 91” by Blagoi Georgiev gave both teams a point.

I should say that in the first half Montenegro were passive as they were respected by Dimitar Berbatov and Co but in the second half they saw that there is nothing to fear of.

Ireland have great team and great coach.

R.Kean, Doyle, Dunne,O’shea are great players and each one of them could decide the final outcome at any time.

So it’s absolutely unpredictable game. As most of the punters over the internet, I believe that bookmakers underestimate Montenegro a little bit. Although Ireland possess more qualitative and expensive players, they will face great difficulties in Montenegro today.

What is more interesting. Montenegro were extremely rude against Bulgaria. To be honest they should be left with 10 or even 9 players at HT. The referee was not so strict and let them play rude till the end.

Ireland are also well known with their though and rude play.

And that’s why I believe that the best bet for this game is :

Bet: Over 45 booking points

10pts for yellow card

25pts for red card

Good Luck

Turkey vs Belgium Turkey vs Belgium

Both teams won their first games last week. Turkey had a tough game against Armenia 0-2 while Belgium won over poor Estonia but conceded 2 goals.

I should say that Turkey is one of the most unpredictable teams IMO.

I seldom bet on them. They could play either very strong or very poorly.

They could win over Czech and the next game they could be trashed by Macedonia ore Moldova.

Both teams rely on their attacking options.

Belgium had great success at Olympics and that’s why I think that their young team has positive future. Players like Dembele and Sonck can be very dangerous.

Belgium probable line up: Stijnen, Swerts, Kompany,Simons, Vermaelen, Defour, Vertonghen, Fellaini, Witsel, Dembele, Sonck. Turkey probable line up:Volkan,Gökhan,Servet,Zan,H.Balta,Kazım, Topal,Ayhan,Arda,Tuncai,.Semih.

Aurelio's miss is big blow for Turkey.

My bet is : Belgium to score

Sweden vs Hungary Sweden host Hungary tonight! So Sweden are in a process of changing generations. Some of theie older and experienced players left the club, others are about to quit like Larsson. They are trying to use young players and get them ready for the real European battle on international level. On the other side Hungary is young team with same talented players and also inexperienced but ambitious coach. Sweden were one of the “surprises” last week as they failed to get all three points against poor Albania. But I should say that Albania are quite though team especially at home.They use to play with 10 players in front of their goal-keeper. On the other hand Hungary drew with Denmark. It was not surprising result for me. Denmark are nothing special. They are not going to qualify for the WC finals IMO. There is huge class difference here. Getting point in Sweden is extremely difficult task. Sweden failed to win against Albania. They also lost against poor France 2-3 in a friendly game 1 month ago. Sweden cannot afford to lose points at home against poor Hungary. Home win = Banker Nice odds !!! Last 3 matches beetween them: euro 2004 qual. Hungary-Sweden 1:2 world 2006 qual. Sweden-Hungary 3:0 world 2006 qual. Hungary-Sweden 0:1 Bet: Sweden - 1 AH

Seems to be a lot of support for the Czech Republic but Norn Iron are an improving side and have proved to be a very strong side at home in recent years beating Sweden, Denmark and Spain in their last qualifying campaign. The Czechs are a vastly experienced solid side but they had their ups and downs in the Euro's and will miss the presence of Jan Koller who won't play tonight and Rosicky a long-term absentee. Think the Czechs are under-priced at 4/6 and with NI having a strong record at Windsor Park and David Healy seems to find a different level when playing for his country there is value on the double chance for home win + draw at 11/10 Selection- NI double chance 11/10- bet 365. Will look to add this to a treble or accy.
Strange change in price in this game, fell asleep there and went to do my bet and Czechs have moved out to a much more backable evens while double chance has dropped to 1.72. A bit annoyed so think I will sit it out and just placed a small stakes double on Turkey 1.57 Albania 1.28 Gl all :ok

EventCroatia v England
SelectionEngland
Strength10/10
Date10/09/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.30 (Back)
ReasoningMany will disagree with this choice, With England playing so badly at the minute and Croatia have a great record at this ground in qualifiers. With the players England have though they are good enough to beat Croatia, They have to click sometime and when they do I wouldn't want to be against them. On recent form it looks like Croatia will win this I just feel we may see a different England turn up. If the England players perform then there is no doubting we are good enough to beat Croatia.
3-0 up with 25 mins to go. :ok So many people doubted....its where the vaule was!! :loon

England were truely woeful against Andorra but I think they'll raise their game for this one and may just scrape a draw. However the last 7 days in football has been insane (Newcastle, Man City etc). As we all know football is a funny old game and anything can happen, so just for a laugh I'm going to have a few fun bet correct score singles on 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 to England. The odds are massive (and rightly so) I'll probably risk no more than a pound or 2 for each bet but in the unlikely event of us scoring an early goal it'll give me more excitement than saturdays game did. I don't expect it to come in but as I say its just for a bit of fun :rollin
I ended up doing £5 on 3-0 (50/1 laddies), £3 4-0 (175/1 Paddy Power) and £2 5-0 (500/1 Paddy Power). Once Rooney bagged the 3rd I was sweating like a pig and jumping around like a loon in the pub. Unfortunatley my bladder was giving way so nipped for a leek and the Croats scored :( and my dreams were dashed. One hell of a result though, doubt many people had the correct score.

• 5 weeks later...

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Sep 10/11 Norwegian team news: Possible Lineup: 4-4-2: Jon Knudsen - Jon Inge Høiland, Kjetil Wæhler, Brede Hangeland, John Arne Riise - Bjørn Helge Riise, Christian Grindheim, Fredrik Strømstad (Fredrik Winsnes), Morten Gamst Pedersen - Steffen Iversen, John Carew. I dont think this is a bad lineup for "us". Kjetil Wæhler is the big question, also new goal keeper Jon Knudsen. I would be surprised if Scotland do not win the match, but i not 100% sure of scotland win.... Norway can if they are lucky get a draw. Good luck all on your bets