** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best Bet of the Day ~ Thursday 28th August

Re: Best Bet of the Day ~ Thursday 28th August Greath Leighs 4.00 - DIRICULOUS to LAY The main challenger Carcinetto, has a better starting position and also the shape of his coach is better. The maximum speed of Diriculus is the fourth ever for this race. :hope

Re: Best Bet of the Day ~ Thursday 28th August 5.20 Lingfield: Buy on the Red Beaten just under 2 lengths by Vintage LTO over C&D when looking like a threat with 1f to go but failing to come through. Has a 3lb pull with that rival today and is better off with Chjimes (behind the selection that day). Has won from as high as 85 in the past now running from 75, so looks the value of the race at current price 14/1. Would be each way normally but as near end of month win. WIN

Re: Best Bet of the Day ~ Thursday 28th August Ayr 2:40 Lisbon Lion - Came 3rd LTO in a class 5, now stepping down to class 6 the Colt has really come into stride recently with a 4th and 3rd consecutivley, this time with the step down in class and trip it has a very good chance of coming 1st over the favourite Signalman who came 2nd LTO. Starts off at a mark of 59 which is quite fair in its form and has a good chance of coming home in this class 6. Lisbon Lion 1pt Win.

Re: Best Bet of the Day ~ Thursday 28th August 3-30 Great BOZ The price of this horse is an eye opener.Boz has won C&D all being it was a class 4 race .I still think this horse will go good today after a poor efort lto hopefully it can run to its true potential and land the spoils :hopeCmon spence u owe me . 1PT WIN

Re: Best Bet of the Day ~ Thursday 28th August my best bet of the day would be royal indulgence 220 lingfield. 0.5 pts ew. needs to find more on recent form but dropped to a winning mark and does like this course and distance and came good this time last year. has ability to win and the price is worthy of taking a chance.

Re: Best Bet of the Day ~ Thursday 28th August 510 Ayr: Grandad Bill Very impressive last time and looked one to follow until beaten now he has found top form, drops back in trip which should be no problem in this ground. Many of todays opponents have had plenty of opportunities in similar races and looks to only really concern the top half dozen in the weights.

Re: Best Bet of the Day ~ Thursday 28th August 4.40 Ayr Amicus Meus @ 3/1 (NAP) Today's NAP in my opinion. This horse has had problems in the past, and as a result he is a very unexposed, and potentially well handicapped 4 year old. He did really well to win 1st time out this season at a huge price and the trainer said he was a really decent horse. 2nd time out he was a running on 2nd behind the capable Seamus Shindig and with an extra yard he would have been ahead. That was over 6 furlong and today he is stepped up to 7f, which will be in his facour. Last time, I feel the run can be ignored as it was a messy race and Amicus Meus did not get an ideal run. Despite that, he was still a very creditable 4th behind Earlsmedic, who won easily and then followed up a couple of days ago. Despite all these excellent performances over 6f in good races, he still only has a weight of 9-1 over a better trip of 7f. With all these positives, and very few negatives I cant see him out of the frame, and I really think he should win. The opposition are decent handicappers, but Amicus Meus has the potential to go on to better things if he likes the step up in trip.

Re: Best Bet of the Day ~ Thursday 28th August

3.30 Great Leighs Fregate Island Good chance on form as he rarely runs a bad race. Distance is perfect and Quinn was booked last time out when made favourite. Any significant market support would add to its chances.
Damn just pipped on run in hoped some of you backed it beach way:lol:lol:lol

Re: Best Bet of the Day ~ Thursday 28th August I have a £4.73 treble (odd amount I know but it was just my change) resting on Once A Gulch. Had Bold Account (4/11) and Athania (2/1) already in. Fingers crossed. It's also the 4th horse on my yankee from which I've had 2 out of 3. Come on Once A Gulch!

4.40 Ayr Amicus Meus @ 3/1 (NAP) Today's NAP in my opinion. This horse has had problems in the past, and as a result he is a very unexposed, and potentially well handicapped 4 year old. He did really well to win 1st time out this season at a huge price and the trainer said he was a really decent horse. 2nd time out he was a running on 2nd behind the capable Seamus Shindig and with an extra yard he would have been ahead. That was over 6 furlong and today he is stepped up to 7f, which will be in his facour. Last time, I feel the run can be ignored as it was a messy race and Amicus Meus did not get an ideal run. Despite that, he was still a very creditable 4th behind Earlsmedic, who won easily and then followed up a couple of days ago. Despite all these excellent performances over 6f in good races, he still only has a weight of 9-1 over a better trip of 7f. With all these positives, and very few negatives I cant see him out of the frame, and I really think he should win. The opposition are decent handicappers, but Amicus Meus has the potential to go on to better things if he likes the step up in trip.
:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana Hoses up @ 4/1

4.40 Ayr Amicus Meus @ 3/1 (NAP) Today's NAP in my opinion. This horse has had problems in the past, and as a result he is a very unexposed, and potentially well handicapped 4 year old. He did really well to win 1st time out this season at a huge price and the trainer said he was a really decent horse. 2nd time out he was a running on 2nd behind the capable Seamus Shindig and with an extra yard he would have been ahead. That was over 6 furlong and today he is stepped up to 7f, which will be in his facour. Last time, I feel the run can be ignored as it was a messy race and Amicus Meus did not get an ideal run. Despite that, he was still a very creditable 4th behind Earlsmedic, who won easily and then followed up a couple of days ago. Despite all these excellent performances over 6f in good races, he still only has a weight of 9-1 over a better trip of 7f. With all these positives, and very few negatives I cant see him out of the frame, and I really think he should win. The opposition are decent handicappers, but Amicus Meus has the potential to go on to better things if he likes the step up in trip.
Well done Stewart :clap:clap