** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Comments desired.....

Punto Banco

Any comments are nice these are my stats for the tournament so far to give you some idea of my image etc... During current Hold'em session you were dealt 127 hands and saw flop: - 10 out of 15 times while in big blind (66%) - 7 out of 16 times while in small blind (43%) - 10 out of 96 times in other positions (10%) - a total of 27 out of 127 (21%) Pots won at showdown - 3 of 5 (60%) Pots won without showdown - 19 PokerStars Game #19564152598: Tournament #101705012, $4.00+$0.40 Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (150/300) - 2008/08/12 - 14:49:17 (ET) Table '101705012 20' 9-max Seat #1 is the button Seat 1: opy112 (6635 in chips) Seat 2: womaneater (6040 in chips) Seat 3: Marieeye (9164 in chips) Seat 4: iChipd (11195 in chips) Seat 5: timaah0510 (8285 in chips) Seat 6: polo95 (9090 in chips) Seat 8: Meistro (15473 in chips) Seat 9: Thomace99 (4515 in chips) opy112: posts the ante 25 womaneater: posts the ante 25 Marieeye: posts the ante 25 iChipd: posts the ante 25 timaah0510: posts the ante 25 polo95: posts the ante 25 Meistro: posts the ante 25 Thomace99: posts the ante 25 womaneater: posts small blind 150 Marieeye: posts big blind 300 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to iChipd [5s 3s] iChipd: raises 600 to 900 timaah0510: folds polo95: folds Meistro: folds Thomace99: folds opy112: folds womaneater: calls 750 Marieeye: folds *** FLOP *** [7d 7h 5h] womaneater: bets 5115 and is all-in iChipd: calls 5115 *** TURN *** [7d 7h 5h] [Qd] *** RIVER *** [7d 7h 5h Qd] [Js] *** SHOW DOWN *** womaneater: shows [Jh Th] (two pair, Jacks and Sevens) iChipd: shows [5s 3s] (two pair, Sevens and Fives) womaneater collected 12530 from pot iChipd said, "nh" *** SUMMARY *** Total pot 12530 | Rake 0 Board [7d 7h 5h Qd Js] Seat 1: opy112 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 2: womaneater (small blind) showed [Jh Th] and won (12530) with two pair, Jacks and Sevens Seat 3: Marieeye (big blind) folded before Flop Seat 4: iChipd showed [5s 3s] and lost with two pair, Sevens and Fives not sure what I am after but I am sure that the informed here will have something interesting to input... p.s post flop I am 100% I would do something similar to him however I feel I wouldn't be calling with his hand preflop... all things considering...:ok

Re: Comments desired..... well yeah if you called in the first place then thats your only move really(unless you actually hit big) by the looks of your stats you look fairly tag as your no of hands played o/s the blinds is fairly small. i take it a fair few of your hands on the blinds are either unraised or value calls and its been a fairly tight table:unsure looking at the stats i would say that calling your bet from early position with that hand is foolhardy at best, as is the subsequent push. you could quite easily have had an overpair(no doubt you were using your image to look like you had a big hand and disguise your actual holding;)) as it was you made a very good call, but unfortunately the poker gods don't always reward good play:eyes

Re: Comments desired..... You have a tight image but do guys in a $4 tourney pay too much attention to this...I am not convinced that they do. Raising with these hands is great on occasion, and UTG, it should be interpreted as a big hand. As such JT is not a hand I would call, and be out of position on the flop with. His all-in on a flush draw is aggressive and does scream of not wanting to be called. However if he has a 5 or a 7, two hearts or a straight draw, your two pair could be in trouble. I think I would have folded at this point, in fact, I would have folded pre-flop.

Re: Comments desired.....

You have a tight image but do guys in a $4 tourney pay too much attention to this...I am not convinced that they do. Raising with these hands is great on occasion, and UTG, it should be interpreted as a big hand. As such JT is not a hand I would call, and be out of position on the flop with. His all-in on a flush draw is aggressive and does scream of not wanting to be called. However if he has a 5 or a 7, two hearts or a straight draw, your two pair could be in trouble. I think I would have folded at this point, in fact, I would have folded pre-flop.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Yep definitely should fold preflop... i had decided at this blind lvl to switch gears and as I like to say (no never really) "I never let a tight image go to waste"....:eyes :eyes :eyes ... thanks guys... one thing I will say generally I raise this particular hand because well its UTG but also because against random calling hands it doesn't fair to badly depending on the board... well it must be said that this certainly is one of those boards... in this type of situation my bet is my play and my cards are my backup... ... now in saying this if I am going to fold to this flop i may as well have never even considered my cards preflop (any two would do)... unless something new sticks out (his stack pushing on that flop doesn't truly I considered him holding air a real possibility) I am going to go with my preflop analysis of how the hand may play out...:ok

Re: Comments desired..... What about this hand here (I am only really focused on my post flop raise)... I'll put my thoughts out here instantly... woman eater in my book is obviously a weak tight player and even with the crazy odds here i feel he would 100% fold a 10x to my raise (even preflop for that matter)... that being said I feel that if I have any chance to win a big pot like this with smallish exposure I'll take that... anyone else of that opinion... or any other for that matter...:ok PokerStars Game #19565182944: Tournament #101705012, $4.00+$0.40 Hold'em No Limit - Level X (300/600) - 2008/08/12 - 15:27:50 (ET) Table '101705012 20' 9-max Seat #4 is the button Seat 1: opy112 (24980 in chips) Seat 2: womaneater (5375 in chips) Seat 3: Marieeye (11910 in chips) Seat 4: iChipd (21331 in chips) Seat 5: 2*crazyace (26387 in chips) out of hand (moved from another table into small blind) Seat 6: polo95 (11030 in chips) Seat 7: jehrop (9928 in chips) Seat 8: wouter_money (13716 in chips) Seat 9: Äxxl Foley (29554 in chips) opy112: posts the ante 50 womaneater: posts the ante 50 Marieeye: posts the ante 50 iChipd: posts the ante 50 polo95: posts the ante 50 jehrop: posts the ante 50 wouter_money: posts the ante 50 Äxxl Foley: posts the ante 50 polo95: posts small blind 300 jehrop: posts big blind 600 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to iChipd [8h 9h] wouter_money: folds Äxxl Foley: folds opy112: folds womaneater: calls 600 Marieeye: folds iChipd: raises 1400 to 2000 polo95: calls 1700 jehrop: folds womaneater: calls 1400 *** FLOP *** [6d Ts Kc] polo95: checks womaneater: bets 600 iChipd: raises 1800 to 2400 polo95: folds womaneater: raises 925 to 3325 and is all-in iChipd: calls 925 iChipd said, "lol burn GUTSHOT...." *** TURN *** [6d Ts Kc] [Ah] *** RIVER *** [6d Ts Kc Ah] [2s] *** SHOW DOWN *** womaneater: shows [Qs Kh] (a pair of Kings) iChipd: shows [8h 9h] (high card Ace) iChipd said, "nh" womaneater collected 13650 from pot Am I a misguided fool here or did I just get too excited and got caught with my hands in the cookie jar?

Re: Comments desired.....

Am I a misguided fool here or did I just get too excited and got caught with my hands in the cookie jar?
I think thats pretty much spot on. Misguided fool who got their fingers burnt. :lol A hand like the one in post 1 is going to stick in the mind, even at $4 level. ;) However, it would have been cheap advertising and would have paid off handsomely IF you had sat tight and tried the same with a monster. Until you do, people are going to have no respect for your play and put you down as a LAG player and lower their hand range accordingly. Even though you have a pretty TAG image according to your stats, you have only played a few to showdown.

Re: Comments desired..... Second hand theres 6000 in the pot woman eater bets 600 utg you say he's tight and you reraise him even though your getting calling odds for the gut shot. If he was that weak he would never have bet surely, and with the chips in the pot now he has to call with just about any thing semi playable. Dont try and bluff some one who has come out betting when if they fold they are left with 5 big blinds unless its bubble time. Agree with Hornet your thinking far too much for a $4.00 tourney, majority of players are playing half a dozen, paying next to no attention untill they get to the money end of things.