** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Interesting Hand... Interesting Point...

Punto Banco

*********** # 21 ************** PokerStars Game #19004256416: Tournament #96579094, $10+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2008/07/21 - 23:32:09 (ET) Table '96579094 48' 6-max Seat #5 is the button Seat 1: IHeartArt (2170 in chips) Seat 2: bngo911 (1645 in chips) Seat 3: griffwhit (1325 in chips) Seat 4: pittbul51 (2280 in chips) Seat 5: kidpoker08ad (2965 in chips) Seat 6: iChipd (1655 in chips) iChipd: posts small blind 15 IHeartArt: posts big blind 30 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to iChipd [7c 6h] bngo911: folds griffwhit: folds pittbul51: calls 30 kidpoker08ad: calls 30 iChipd: calls 15 IHeartArt: checks *** FLOP *** [9s 7h 3c] iChipd: bets 90 IHeartArt: folds pittbul51: folds kidpoker08ad: calls 90 *** TURN *** [9s 7h 3c] [9d] iChipd: bets 210 kidpoker08ad: calls 210 *** RIVER *** [9s 7h 3c 9d] [Qc] iChipd: checks kidpoker08ad: bets 450 I would like peoples opinion on this hand in general... speculate away draw conclusions and then later I will reveal the result.... along with my own thoughts... of course....

Re: Interesting Hand... Interesting Point... His call on the flop would be a worry, your bet on the turn is very agressive. I think you should check / fold here You're miles behind, get out of the hand

Re: Interesting Hand... Interesting Point... thats a bluff all the way, your check on the river told him u had nothing and he tries to steal the pot ,he s on a straight draw ,flat call will do the buisness here

Re: Interesting Hand... Interesting Point... if you are going to play middle pair no kicker on the flop and turn like that then you should be calling the river as a river call doesnt exactly cripple you and the queen changes nothing. I check/fold the turn and bang myself on the head until i remember that i shouldnt be going looking for ways to go broke in an unraised pot.

Re: Interesting Hand... Interesting Point...

I don;t think you played this well at all' date=' but i also am pretty sure he does not have the 9 or he would have raised the turn. I am def calling here as i think he has 8t.[/quote'] I've made calls like this and even though I've clicked "Call" I feel sick to my stomach in doing so (although I feel happier when I get it right). Am I the only one? Or do others feel the same when they make calls they feel they need to make, but don't like?

I've made calls like this and even though I've clicked "Call" I feel sick to my stomach in doing so (although I feel happier when I get it right). Am I the only one? Or do others feel the same when they make calls they feel they need to make, but don't like?
Yes sometimes you have to make a call that doesn't sit well with you and yes its a horrible feeling, but on this occasion i feel confident he is in front. If the other guy has a 9 then i think he has 99 (quads) the trips dont make sense at all.

I've made calls like this and even though I've clicked "Call" I feel sick to my stomach in doing so (although I feel happier when I get it right). Am I the only one? Or do others feel the same when they make calls they feel they need to make, but don't like?
In that situation I always look on it as paying for information. If you lose you muck and get to see their cards. It can be expensive information but it can pay back over time. But like you sometimes I'll call these feeling sick, feeling that you're behind, but you just have to know what their cards were.