£50 deepstack freezeout at big slick

ubermonkey1

thought this might interest a few people from the southeast. big slick in purley are running a £50 freeze most saturdays(once a month they run a £250 ,on the second saturday) 10,000 stack , guaranteed £1000 for the winner:nana they start at 7.30 and you must be regged 30mins prior:ok was thinking of going on the 23rd august,anyone else interested

• 1 month later...

Re: £50 deepstack freezeout at big slick

START TIMES & REGISTRATION Scheduled tournaments start at 8.30pm. (Saturdays 7.30pm) Registrations can be made in advance by phone, but must be made 30 mins before start time at the lastest. Once registered, you can come late, but your chips will be on the table and subject to the blinds.

CLUB OPENING TIMES

Monday 6.00pm - Late Tuesday 6.00pm - Late Wednesday 6.00pm - Late Thursday 6.00pm - Late

Friday 6.00pm - Late Saturday 6.00pm - Late Sunday 6.000pm - Late

BIG SLICK, UNIT 10 ROYAL OAK CENTRE, BRIGHTON ROAD, PURLEY, SURREY CR8 2BG (TEL 0208 763 0111)

Re: £50 deepstack freezeout at big slick had a great night last night,56 runners inc myself,Uber,Heniek and Washy. i had Heniek sitting 2 seats to my left and got off to a good start when my pocket 10`s hit a 10 on the flop and got a good donation from him when he was chasing a flush if i remember rightly,and then pretty much played a solid game. apart from hitting A/A twice,K/K 4x and Q/Q x2 the only other cards i did play with was up against short stacks when my 8/8 beat A/Q and K/Q diamonds beat 7/8 diamonds. a very good blind structure suited my game to the ground and hit F/T in the early hours of the morning with 70k in chips. had a bit of luck when sitting with Q/Q i call an all-in who turned over A/A and i hit a Q on the turn :D. just after that the guys had to go home with i think 6 left on the table,inc the guy who on the bubble had a 1k left who had some unbelievable luck and with good play he was chip leader with just 3 of us left. he raises 60k on my BB,SB folds and i have A/K spades,i push all in for 180k and he calls, he has Q/Q,i am happy enough for the race especially with 2 spades hitting the flop,but with i think 16 outs??(he had a Q of spades) i didnt improve and i finished 3rd for £400 and he went on to win 3 hands later for £800plus(the top prize was chopped down to upgrade 9th place and 3rd palce) eventually got home about 3.45am a very happy bunny

Re: £50 deepstack freezeout at big slick First of all, congratulations to Al :clap:clap:clap. I had another perfect, live game under my belt. Apart from donating 3k very early to Al, I had a solid game through. Had a decent run of cards, picked my spots, made few good lay downs being short stacked. After getting to 2/4k blinds, it became fold or all in game. With 15 left, guy on the button pushed and I called his KJ with my QQ from BB. That took me to about 45k. After two orbits, blinds went up to 3/6k and the same guy pushed all in. I woke up with A10d and I knew I had him. I called and he showed KQ. Flop came three rags with 2 diamonds taking 2 out of his 6 outs, yet Qc dropped on the river :\. I finished 11th with 8 paid. After 2 minutes I went out, they made a deal and donated £50 to 9th and 10th :lol. So I was the bubble boy. As I said, made correct decisions all the way and I'm very happy with my game. Thanks to Washman for driving us down and Uber for giving me roof over my head :ok.