Virgin Festival league

jolly67

Re: Virgin Festival league I got a phone call from Ollie at lunchtime (before I had chance to get on-line). He's offered me a seat for €50 plus my league winnings, which I accepted. Although I have effectively bought the seat full price (allbeit with €100 Virgin were about to give me), at least that way Morls gets to keep the seat he won fair and square and can use it for next fest. :ok Who knows, they may not have let us transfer anyway. But a big thank you for the offer. :notworthy all you needed to do was lose the HU :lol And massive thanks to everyone who supported/railed me this month. The cry around Aspers will be YOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRKK-SHIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRE. :drums Drinks are on morl's €100 windfall then. :cheers

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Virgin Festival league Personally I think it is wrong that those awarded prize money erroneously got to keep that but could still 'ladder up', whereas you, who was in possession of a Seat are penalised. Despite the offer of a seat you have been penalised imo. Like you say you are effectively paying full price for a seat. Why were others guaranteed at least their positional winnings, whilst you were guaranteed nothing? All wrong imo

Re: Virgin Festival league It feels a little that way, but in reality I did expect the league to run for 10 weeks, so I hadn't actually won the seat last week. Being in 2nd, it was mine to lose this week, and I duly obliged by playing scared on Monday, and playing scared again last night once I'd had my brave moment and got a few chips under my belt (although I was seriously card dead most of the game, pretty certain I never got a big pair or AK). If I'd have hung on to 2nd I would have got a seat and not €100, so it is really only costing me €50. Just goes to show on-line poker is not fixed since if Virgin had rigged the RNG in my favour last night they'd have saved themselves a lot of extra money. :\

Re: Virgin Festival league

I got a phone call from Ollie at lunchtime (before I had chance to get on-line). He's offered me a seat for €50 plus my league winnings, which I accepted. Although I have effectively bought the seat full price (allbeit with €100 Virgin were about to give me), at least that way Morls gets to keep the seat he won fair and square and can use it for next fest. :ok Who knows, they may not have let us transfer anyway. But a big thank you for the offer. :notworthy all you needed to do was lose the HU :lol And massive thanks to everyone who supported/railed me this month. The cry around Aspers will be YOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRKK-SHIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRE. :drums Drinks are on morl's €100 windfall then. :cheers
Unfortunately thats not the case Helen :eyes Hi Graeme, Congrats for finishing 2nd in the festival league for March. As Mr Legge messed this up and has already paid you €100 last week I can just add another €50 to your account which is the value of a festival seat or you can give me back the €100 and I can reserve a seat for a future festival for you. Let me know what you would prefer and I’ll arrange for you. Ollie Wilson Loyalty Manager

Unfortunately thats not the case Helen :eyes Hi Graeme, Congrats for finishing 2nd in the festival league for March. As Mr Legge messed this up and has already paid you €100 last week I can just add another €50 to your account which is the value of a festival seat or you can give me back the €100 and I can reserve a seat for a future festival for you. Let me know what you would prefer and I’ll arrange for you. Ollie Wilson Loyalty Manager
so they must surely be taking the money from people who benefited last week but didn't actually finish in the same position? imo, it was their mistake so they should have to pay the lot - very surprised by Virgin on this one! :unsure

As some of you realized we (or more accurately me) had a slight blonde moment yesterday and forgot there were still two rounds of the March Festival League left and paid out as if it was over. As it was clearly our error we will leave these funds in your account but the sum you have already being credited will be deducted from any winnings due next week. Therefore' date= if you move up any places you will be paid the additional difference but if you move down any places you will keep the extra money you got. Sorry!! Joe Joe Legge Poker Product Manager Virgin Games
Hi Graeme, Congrats for finishing 2nd in the festival league for March. As Mr Legge messed this up and has already paid you €100 last week I can just add another €50 to your account which is the value of a festival seat or you can give me back the €100 and I can reserve a seat for a future festival for you. Let me know what you would prefer and I’ll arrange for you. Ollie Wilson Loyalty Manager
I think the majority of us read the email wrong.....clearly states that anyone who gets upgraded will be credited with the difference...:sad

I think the majority of us read the email wrong.....clearly states that anyone who gets upgraded will be credited with the difference...:sad
Add me to that list. I wrongly assumed (yes, I made an ASS of U and ME) that Morl would get both. I suppose that we read what we wanted to see, and it seems quite clear when you take one small step back. I realised that the cash prizes would be adjusted to reflect the advance payment but I'd somehow convinced myself that the ticket would be in addition to the cash. Still, it's more cash for Morls, and AG gets to play - YOOORK-SHIRE :ok

Well the difference is a seat. You can't (under normal circumstances) buy a seat so we surely weren't wrong in thinking a seat is a seat, not a cash amount. Especially since I didn't get credited €150 in error last week. Assume you're taking the extra money anyway rather than the future seat? :sad

Well the difference is a seat. You can't (under normal circumstances) buy a seat so we surely weren't wrong in thinking a seat is a seat, not a cash amount. Especially since I didn't get credited €150 in error last week. Assume you're taking the extra money anyway rather than the future seat? :sad
I did ask Ollie where the next festival would be and he couldn't tell me yet as they hadn't decided and if the rumours of Ireland are correct (no idea where the rumour come from but i heard it off someone) I wouldnt go anyway as id refuse to pay £80 a night hotel, £80 flight and spends....not for a €150 event. I also asked if I could use it for the Newcastle Festival and give it to someone else and this was also refused as they couldnt transfer it in time. Even though Aspers are giving 5 seats away today and tomorrow.....so ive no idea how there managing to get players entered if Virgin themselves aren't able to do so :wall So I dont see any alternative other than to take the extra €50.....

• 1 month later...

I think that is the first time I have played this? Is it always like THAT :eek :rollin
Not quite that much of a rollercoaster, although on Virgin generally you do seem to regularly get people commenting in the chat box about the RNG.

Re: Virgin Festival league I knew it was 90 chips I got down to. :tongue2 ***** Hand 1604157553 ***** 200.00/400.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit ) - 18 May 2009 22:03:30 VirginFestivalLeague (Real /Tournament ) Seat 1: PotRoosta (6315.00) Seat 2: ToffeePete (5623.00) Seat 3: MrCrown1 (4570.00) Seat 4: razmatazz (3890.00) Seat 5: Divits (8817.00) Seat 6: Alistops (4520.00) Seat 7: MRG777 (1835.00) Seat 8: siwka31 (2670.00) Seat 9: AvonGirlV (90.00) Seat 10: nabucco1 (1670.00) ToffeePete post SB 200.00 MrCrown1 post BB 400.00 ** Deal ** PotRoosta [N/A, N/A] ToffeePete [N/A, N/A] MrCrown1 [N/A, N/A] razmatazz [N/A, N/A] Divits [N/A, N/A] Alistops [N/A, N/A] MRG777 [N/A, N/A] siwka31 [N/A, N/A] AvonGirlV [8c, Kc] nabucco1 [N/A, N/A] *** Bet Round 1 *** razmatazz Fold Divits Raise to 1150.00 Alistops Fold MRG777 Fold siwka31 Fold AvonGirlV All-in 90.00 nabucco1 Fold PotRoosta Fold ToffeePete Fold MrCrown1 Fold *** Flop(Board): *** : [3c, 5c, 9c] *** Turn(Board): *** : [3c, 5c, 9c, 3d] *** River(Board): *** : [3c, 5c, 9c, 3d, 9d] *** Showdown *** : Rake: 0.00 Total Pot: 1590.00 PotRoosta Fold Win: 0.00 ToffeePete Fold Win: 0.00 MrCrown1 Fold Win: 0.00 razmatazz Fold Win: 0.00 Divits [As, 10s] Two pair nines and threes Win: 730.00 Alistops Fold Win: 0.00 MRG777 Fold Win: 0.00 siwka31 Fold Win: 0.00 AvonGirlV [8c, Kc] Flush to the king Win: 860.00 nabucco1 Fold Win: 0.00