Turkey v Czech Rep (Sunday)

Re: Turkey v Czech Rep (Sunday) A nice little Czech Republic / Portugal double for me.. I think the Czech - Turkey game will be a close call, but i reckon Turkey will get outclassed and to be honest i don't think the Swiss will trouble Portugal on current form. I'm tempted by a 2-1 in the first game and 3-0 in the latter.

Re: Turkey v Czech Rep (Sunday) [email protected] Turkey need the win since a draw will favor the Czechs due to their coefiicient rating. Turkey battle hard against the hosts and proved their mettle coming back from 1-0 down. The Czechs have been unimpressive and are quite fortunate to be in this position. The Czechs have given up plenty of scoring chances in their first two matches the Turks have a deep attack with Nihat, Semih and Tucay to exploit the Czech defense. I think they will be able to breakdown the Czechs and be able to keep the Czech attack under control.

Re: Turkey v Czech Rep (Sunday)

[email protected] Turkey need the win since a draw will favor the Czechs due to their coefiicient rating. Turkey battle hard against the hosts and proved their mettle coming back from 1-0 down. The Czechs have been unimpressive and are quite fortunate to be in this position. The Czechs have given up plenty of scoring chances in their first two matches the Turks have a deep attack with Nihat, Semih and Tucay to exploit the Czech defense. I think they will be able to breakdown the Czechs and be able to keep the Czech attack under control.
If it is a draw it goes straight to penalties after the 90 minutes, not the coefficient rating.

Re: Turkey v Czech Rep (Sunday) Don't want to talk to much, just want to say that game is special today, we can wach maybe historic game today! it's will be hard game for both teams, i just see Under here, both teams making it hard on defence and waiting for a chance to goal! In this type of game mistakes are really very expensive :) it'll be very tough game and under here looks pretty good ! Turkey - Czech Republik UNDER 2.5 1.6@omnibet 7/10!!! Also can try Under 2 goals with better odds, if 2 goals scored then get back some money according where you bett your money ... gl all and have a nice football game !

turkey.gif Turkey v Czech Republic czech.gif Geneva, June 15 1945 BST Things couldn’t be tighter between Turkey and the Czech Republic as the line up on Sunday night, in what is effectively a play-off for a place in the quarter-finals of Euro 2008. Switzerland are out, while Portugal are through as Group A winners, and either Turkey or the Czech Republic will join them. Both teams have three points, the same goal difference, and number of goals scored, so according to article 7.08 of tournament regualtions and for the first time in European Championship history, a penalty shoot-out will decide whether Turkey or the Czech Republic advance through to the last eight of the competition should they draw their decisive Group A clash in Geneva this evening. The Czechs have a remarkable 100 per cent record in their three shootouts at major championships to date winning every one of them, scoring all 20 kicks. Turkey, conversely, have never experienced a single nerve-wracking sudden-death contest. Turkey coach Fatih Terim bucked the trend for secrecy and surprise at the European Championship yesterday by naming his lineup for the crucial Group A match against the Czech Republic a day early. Terim named his lineup in a news conference on Saturday, with the biggest move being the inclusion of striker Semih Senturk alongside Nihat Kahveci. Nihat played as a lone forward in the first two games against Portugal and Switzerland, but Turkey only created enough opportunities when Senturk came from the bench for the second half of the Swiss match. The 25-year-old Senturk will be partner Nihat tonight in an apparent attempt to provide more of a threat to a strong Czech defence. Turkey struggled under a torrential downpour Wednesday against Switzerland in Basel, but a second-half comeback revitalized the team, whose confidence was at a low after a 2-0 opening Group A defeat against Portugal. Turkey practised playing in the rain on Friday. Czech Rep to Qualify From Tie @ 1.61 Skybet - Paddypower - Bluesq

Re: Turkey v Czech Rep (Sunday) Turkey v Czech Republic Game about to be or not to be for both teams in Euro 2008. Will be this very stubborn meeting and or Turkey players or Czech Republic players not to remit. Is announced interesting duel and will be quite a lot fight. Thus number on the many corners. pick Second half corners - OVER 5.5 odds 1.9 stake 4/10 SPORTINGBET

Re: Turkey v Czech Rep (Sunday) Sending Off at 4 is quite appealing. So far theres only been one sending off so we're due another one soon, and these two fiesty teams could be the ones to provide that.

Re: Turkey v Czech Rep (Sunday) TURKEY-CZECH REPUBLIC Turkey did well in the 2nd half under difficult conditions against Switzerland to come back from 0-1 to win it 2-1. In a way I felt the first half weather helped Switzerland a bit, and didn't suit Turkey at all. They did however show in the first game against Portugal that they aren't the strongest in defence but does have a decent team. But they are a team hard to predict. Czech Republic is a good team, but lack a little up front IMO. Everything points to Baros starting the game, with Koller on the bench. Baros has a good record in the national team and I'm hoping to see him get a goal tonight. Overall I think the Czech's are a little bit more solid than Turkey and feel they are a decent price on the handicap. A draw would mean penalties will decide, I don't think anyone of the two teams would like it to go that far and both will be seeking the win. I'm hoping for a bit more open game with Czech Republic coming out winner. Score prediction: 1-2 Pick 1: Czech Republic (-0.25 AH) - 1,95 @ Expekt (4/10)

Re: Turkey v Czech Rep (Sunday) Look at the final group games in the past three EURO championships. Large bet on over 2.5 in all 8 games for me. Czech are a very professional and effecient side. They should have no problems seeing off a pretty poor Turkey, who are lucky to still be in with a shot of qualification. Czech win for me.

Re: Turkey v Czech Rep (Sunday) czechs are a bit more efficient in front but i don't doubt turkey will have its chances as their are good and creative in midfield. i think the match will go to penalties after 2-2 draw in 90 minutes

Re: Turkey v Czech Rep (Sunday) Turkey are encouraged by the Champions League round of 16 when national squad keeper Volkan Demirel took Fenerbahce to the quarterfinals after a successful penalties series against Spanish Seville. Before the beginning of the championship, Czech Republic were considered favourites but we think that we made a mistake underestimating the Turks. Bruckner still has the dilemma about the attackers. Koller started in the first match, Baros in the second, who sacrificed for the team and ran a lot although he didn't score against Portugal. If the Czech boss decides not to employ any tactics, both strikers might start the game against turkey. For Turkey not good news, after Emre Belezoglu’s injury, Tumer Metin is out of the team so the Emperor will have a hard time. Turkey side will defend and they can learn a lot from the duel between Czech Republic and Switzerland. A draw is very possible.:hope :cheers

Re: Turkey v Czech Rep (Sunday) Ill be backing the draw today. Both sides know they cannot afford to lose and I can see it being a nervy encounter, the opening 30 mins will be very tight and there will be hardly any chances. The middle of the game will open up a bit and this is where we could see a couple of games, but if its all square approaching the last 20 mins, I think both teams will shut up shop because they wont want to commit and get beat on the break.

Re: Turkey v Czech Rep (Sunday) I´m also on the czech team. They have good moments at the european cup and also without Rosicky and a not returning Nedved they looked not bad. They won versus Germany at Germany 0-3 and shown that they´re good when they have to be good. Turkey isn´t a good team. Could not understand that Terim sent Bastürk home. That´s the playmaker they need. Turkey had not a big chance versus Portugal and the match versus Switzerland wasn´t a normal match. I think that the czech team will have the better team - a real team. I didn´t forgot the scene when two turkies stolen each other the ball to shot. That was significant for the whole turkey kind of play. Czech to enter the quarter final :ok Czech to win ( 2.25 at gamebookers)

Re: Turkey v Czech Rep (Sunday) Turkey - Czech Republic over 2.5 Winner take all here as both teams need to win to progress through to the quarter finals. Both teams have shown that they have defensive deficiencies while they have the ability to score.

Re: Turkey v Czech Rep (Sunday) Czech Republic @ 2.40 6/10 Think the Czechs have the slight edge here and their style can knock the Turks out of their stride. Think they are a bit more solid at the back and can break up Turkeys short passing game and in Koller/ Baros have two strikers who excel for their country.

Re: Turkey v Czech Rep (Sunday) Gonna go small on the Czech Win. Just think they have a little bit more in experience & skill to edge past Turkey. Turkey had a bit of deflective luck to beat the Swiss last time out in the rain sodden game. Have to laugh at the earlier comment of Turkey practicing in the Rain - can't believe they have not come across rain in qualifying or any other games in the last few years. Main Selection: Czech 13/10 PP Interest Cover Bets: CS 1-1, 1-2 & 2-1 (9/2, 8/1 & 10/1 PP)

Re: Turkey v Czech Rep (Sunday) Tradition: TOTAL OF 14 GAMES – 10 Czech Republic wins, 3 draws, 1 Turkey win 6 GAMES IN TURKEY – 1 Turkey win, 2 draws, 3 Czech Republic wins 7 GAMES IN CZECH REPUBLIC – 6 Czech Republic wins, 1 draw NEUTRAL GROUND – 1 Czech Republic win

Got those odds on Betfair about an hour ago. It has the crests of Celtic and St Pauli, their is a friendship amongst the fans :ok
oh.. good to know, thanks :ok The first 45 minutes are over. Czech lead 1-0 and Turkey isn´t good enough to be in the quarter finals. Czech is better imo. But the turkish guys are the most time better in the second half. Turned the match versus Switzerland also in the 2nd half. But these czech defense are very hard to crack....