Greece v Sweden (Tuesday)

Re: Greece v Sweden (Tuesday) I have gone for maximum bet for Greece to finish last in their group. I saw them Vs Armenia which ended 0-0 but despite being a friendly they looked ordinary. Sweden have match winners in Ibrahimobic, Elmander, Kallstrom and even as far as Henrik Larsson. As well as a bright youngster in Seb Larsson. So i'd have to go with Sweden on the Handicap. Hopefully Sweden will win to help my bet on it's way.

Re: Greece v Sweden (Tuesday) Hate the slimline odds of 1.5 for the game but surely this is one game that is destined to be under 2.5 goals? The Swedish and Greeks are more reknowned for being defensively good, not for their attacking play. I would suggest that the game will finish in a draw as Sweden are unable to break down Greece. I'm just wary that there isn't a lot of value in the under 2.5 goals market.

Re: Greece v Sweden (Tuesday) I have to agree that this looks like an unders match...so far only the Holland-Italy match has been Over. The trend for unders looks likely to continue right to the final. Given that both teams are very physical & play counter attacking football, this doesnt look to be a very pretty engrossing match. I'd bet on more yellow cards than goals. I would be cautious not to underestimate the Greeks. They have what it takes to win this match. They are a very determined side and would probably give a few scares to the Swedes. Players like Kallstrom & Ibrahimovich have not exactly shone on the international stage so I doubt we would see any surprises from them tonite. It would be a 0-0 draw or a win for the Greeks.

Re: Greece v Sweden (Tuesday) Greece - Sweden In this meeting in my opinion ought to win Sweden. They have in team of excellent players such: Ibrahimovic (though today surely will not play), Kallstrom, Allback, Elmander, Linderoth whether marvelous Henrik Larsson!!! However with respect to Greece team is not this team that win Euro 2004 in Portugal… pick 2 DNB odds 1.73 Stake 5/10 SPORTINGBET and 2nd pick: pick Sweden win to nil odds 4.0 stake 1/10 SPORTINGBET

Re: Greece v Sweden (Tuesday) I think that Greece ought to be small favorites in this game actually, not by alot but still favs in my mind. Sweden are as always very impressive in the qualifiers but it won´t be the same here in a very tough group. I'm a little worried that many have sort of forgotten about the reigning champs Greece, many focus on Holland, Italy, Germany and so on, this might be very dangerous. Sweden do have some quality strikers and I think that Larsson might be the best right now judging by the form he's had in Allsvenskan and the friendlies. Ibrahimovic is world class of course but I think it's been 16-17 games without goal for him in the national team. He's also had some trouble with injuries for a while. It's very correct that we are known for good defense but gone are the days that it was almost impossible to score on our team, when we had rocks like Kåmark, Andersson, Nilsson and Björklund. Mellberg and the others are not bad but in the last couple of years we've conceded more than before. The goalie Isaksson has huge potential and might well be in a very large team in the near future but he hardly got any match training in Man City and this is a worry for me and I hope he's had the time to get into form again. My knowledge of Greece is of course much more limited but I know that the are good in defense and play very physical football, always on the edge. Their goal in this game is to get alot of corners and try to score on them since they are tall (this is what I've read). Hope they've forgotten that Swedes aren't exactly tiny either. Betwise... I dunno really, this will be a very physical game for sure, many free-kicks and so on, perhaps many cards aswell. I haven't checked odds for that but it's interesting. Since I think this is very evenly matched the AHC 0 on Greece and aroun 2.15 is also really nice. Both teams know that a loss is very bad since they have Spain coming up and so I think there's a great "risk" for a draw here.

Re: Greece v Sweden (Tuesday) Close one to call. Bookies have Sweden as favourites despite Sweden fielding a very aged side plus a few names may be missing due to injury. Greece have one of the best qualification records coming into the tournament and despite some weak sides in their qualification group they despatched these sides, home and away - they are on a massive winning streak and will fancy their chances against the Swedes. The Greeks will try to keep it tight and therefore my bet is under 2.5 goals.:hope If I had to stick my neck out I fancy a draw but no bet here on the outcome

Re: Greece v Sweden (Tuesday) Draw Both teams are very similar in several ways, and as such, there is not much between them. They both play a physical brand of football and don't really have any outstanding players in their teams. They are both reasonably solid at the back, and like to play a counterattacking game, and when each team doesn't have that kind of penetration in the midfield, then you will see much of the game bogged down in the middle part of the field. Can't separate the teams and i expect at the end to show that with a draw here

Re: Greece v Sweden (Tuesday) Over 2.5 goals for me, simply going against the trend. 1/6 have been over so far, think that should even up sooner rather than later. In Euro '04, after the first 8 matches, 5 games had gone over, while after 8 matches in Euro '00, 4 matches had gone over. Also taking over in Spain v Russia for same reasoning. good luck all.

Re: Greece v Sweden (Tuesday)

People are writing Greece off again as they are an unfashionable side, but what more could they have done during qualification? They amassed the most points of any team in the qualifiers. Also add to that they are current champs i.e. have shown a recent knack of getting beyond the ground stage too. Their qualification campaign suggests that if they do win it will be a narrow margin victory. For that reason I'm on 1-0 Greece. Sweden will be content to wait patiently to play on the break but can't see them scoring.

Re: Greece v Sweden (Tuesday) Greece for me. Sweden are an ageing side whereas Greece are still a very young side on the whole and you could possibly they say they have a better team than the one which won the Euro's last time. Cap this off, Sweden have not beaten Greece since 1920!!! They topped their qualifying group with a staggering 31pts whereas Sweden stumbled over the line. I have Greece as 11/10 or maybe EVS favourites this, therefore im piling on The Greeks at 11/5. :)

Over 2.5 goals for me, simply going against the trend. 1/6 have been over so far, think that should even up sooner rather than later. In Euro '04, after the first 8 matches, 5 games had gone over, while after 8 matches in Euro '00, 4 matches had gone over. Also taking over in Spain v Russia for same reasoning. good luck all.
I don't really understand your logic. According to me, it's upto how the teams play on the night and how many chances > goals they create and not on the trend that goes on. Like they say, every team is different. :)

Re: Greece v Sweden (Tuesday) Bets so far. Czech Republic 5pts @ 9/5 Bet365. Croatia 5pts @ 5/6 Bet365. Germany v Poland 5pts @ 31/10 to draw Skybet. Stakes 15pts. Returns 23.17pts. Profit/Loss +8.17pts. Greece v sweden Quite a bit been made of the Greeks form in the friendly games on the run up to here but I think thats been overplayed. Won 10 of 12 where it mattered in the qualifers to win the group & will be Ready for the defence of their crown. Sweden have brought back Larsson again, a class act but it looks like a bit of desperation to me. Both sides can & will keep it tight, hoping to nick one & a draw looks the best bet as both will not fancy having to beat Spain to progress. Bet. Greece v Sweden 5pts @21/10 to draw Boylesports. Rio.

Draw Both teams are very similar in several ways, and as such, there is not much between them. They both play a physical brand of football and don't really have any outstanding players in their teams.
Agree with the draw but you don't think that neither Ibrahimovic (one of Europes best strikers), Larsson (pure legend in top form) or Gekas (top strikers in Bundesliga 2006) are outstanding players?
Greece for me. Sweden are an ageing side whereas Greece are still a very young side on the whole and you could possibly they say they have a better team than the one which won the Euro's last time. Cap this off, Sweden have not beaten Greece since 1920!!! They topped their qualifying group with a staggering 31pts whereas Sweden stumbled over the line. I have Greece as 11/10 or maybe EVS favourites this, therefore im piling on The Greeks at 11/5. :)
I don't think that Sweden are ageing, they have a good mix of the young (Ibrahimovic, Stoor, Seb Larsson, Källström and Isaksson) and the more seasoned (Mellberg, Linderoth, Larsson). Most teams have some players over 35 years old, so does Greece. The H2H-stats doesn't say much. 6 games since the 1920's and 3 of these have been draws and 2 have been losses by a 1 goal margin, hardly strong stats IMO.

Agree with the draw but you don't think that neither Ibrahimovic (one of Europes best strikers), Larsson (pure legend in top form) or Gekas (top strikers in Bundesliga 2006) are outstanding players? I don't think that Sweden are ageing, they have a good mix of the young (Ibrahimovic, Stoor, Seb Larsson, Källström and Isaksson) and the more seasoned (Mellberg, Linderoth, Larsson). Most teams have some players over 35 years old, so does Greece. The H2H-stats doesn't say much. 6 games since the 1920's and 3 of these have been draws and 2 have been losses by a 1 goal margin, hardly strong stats IMO.
The Swedish squad is the oldest at Euro 2008 at an average age of 29 years and 85 days. Being an old git myself - I hope they prove me wrong:lol

Greece - Sweden In this meeting in my opinion ought to win Sweden. They have in team of excellent players such: Ibrahimovic (though today surely will not play), Kallstrom, Allback, Elmander, Linderoth whether marvelous Henrik Larsson!!! However with respect to Greece team is not this team that win Euro 2004 in Portugal… pick 2 DNB odds 1.73 Stake 5/10 SPORTINGBET and 2nd pick: pick Sweden win to nil odds 4.0 stake 1/10 SPORTINGBET
0:2 FT + 3.65 units and + 3 units GREAT SUCCESS smiley1.gif

Re: Greece v Sweden (Tuesday) Why are the Greeks so negative. It was a matter of time before Sweden scored. They went 2 up then all of a sudden Greece took 1 of their 3, yes 3 centre halves off to put another striker up top. But it was too late, so glad I wasnt on Greece, would of really pissed me off.

Re: Greece v Sweden (Tuesday) I couldnt believe how defensive Greece were, I mean passing the ball along the back line for minutes in the first half, wtf was that all about. You would have thought they only needed a point to go through the way they were playing. Sweden were worthy winners, and coupled with spains win earlier in the day, proved a nice little earner for myself :)

Re: Greece v Sweden (Tuesday) Sure, I'm a swede, but still....Greece were really poor. Just seeing them roll thenball in there own back-five(?) for a couple of minutes made me sick. It wasn't until sweden scored they really made an effort to go forward. I really don't like this way of playing and i think(and hope) that they will go out straight away in these championships. Heja Sverige;)

I don't really understand your logic. According to me, it's upto how the teams play on the night and how many chances > goals they create and not on the trend that goes on. Like they say, every team is different. :)
I tend to follow past records, probably a bit more than I should. History said that this was a pretty low scoring start to a competition that has had more overs than unders in recent years - 28-20 for past two competitions. (in the group stages) It wasn't a real serious bet for me, more of an interest bet. But anyhow, I came out ahead for the night, with Spain v Russia going over, and almost had Sweden v Greece as well. ;)