** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Wsop 2009 Variant Challenge

Re: Wsop 2009 Variant Challenge

Definitely of interest :ok Thanks. I don't have an account with pokerroom yet .... any worthwhile promotions / rakeback deals ??
referal sign up bonus is ok:ok 100% of your 1st deposit(need to get to a certain amount of pps) . if your interested pm me your email and i can send u the link .

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wsop 2009 Variant Challenge Quick post - playing the Final Satellite for the FTOPS event 2 Will post result when Im done :) If I qualify, tourney is at 9pm (7pm GMT) EDIT : Realised its not the final one .... anyway $50 buyin, 239 entrants at last count, 46 seats

• 5 weeks later...

Re: Wsop 2009 Variant Challenge 1 month has passed since my last post and what has happened ..... Dropped another $300 so was looking at about $600 gap since I started the challenge. So I decided I had to knuckle down a bit :hope Following Valiant's advice I have played mainly cash games on different sites to fund my tournament play. And the past 4-6 weeks has been good :ok After depositing £50 (DTD), my PLWSOP entries were paid for following 3 good cash sessions but mainly HU NL HE :\ not really variant play but once I was on a roll I stuck with it and cashed out £100 ! 6 weeks on party poker has generated $300 profit and also gained me a ticket to the Birthday Millions ..... busted out when my Q-6 (in the BB) was busted by a mid position limper holding QQ ..... couldnt get away from it on a Q-6-x flop with no flush :wall Then finally opened an account with pokerroom where I have to be honest and say I have almost completely left my variant focus behind .... Have played the cash games with some success - PL OH8 up to $1/$1. But the bulk of my profit has come from NL HE MTT ..... so far have cashed out nearly $2600 in profit :nana:nana but, this included $2500 for finishing 63rd in the "Grand" $1 million GTD tourney last sunday. So in summary, my poker balance is looking more healthy than it was ..... but I cannot say that I am overly satisified. 1) Cash tables in Omaha Hi/Lo are still profitable but 2) My tourney play is fair to middling, take out the big cash and I would still be about $200 down so far 3) And playing more and more HE sats because they are chip and have value (on pokerroom at least) so not improving my Omaha8 play 4) And can't play the WCOOP Omaha8 event on Wed because I'm going to the FIN v GER footie match ...... grrrrr ....... Can't be too upset - I am ticking over, my trip to the PLWSOP is now paid for and I have a couple of decent buyin tournies to play in over the next 6 weeks, but I am officially closing this thread for now as it has moved too far from being a variant challenge. I consider to have failed - maybe not in my primary goal but my secondary goal of improving my variant play at least. Will start a new thread once I have decided what to do next :ok