Lets give Reeshah a chance ....

ColU_FC

Re: Lets give Reeshah a chance .... Agreed - noone holds Reeshah responsable (nice spelling GaF) for what happened before he was there, and I really hope that eSport give him the support that this has a chance to work :ok However I think Reeshah has to understand the scale of the problems (I'm sure he does, but it's good to make sure :tongue2) so that he can convey this to eSport. The impression I get are that eSport are huge and active on the "marketing" side, but that they dont have "operations" people involved - people to think about how things are going to work in practice and to deal with real life realities - they need to forget bright ideas (for the moment) and concentrate on getting the absolute basics right (which so far they haven't managed)

Re: Lets give Reeshah a chance .... I appreciate the sentiment guys ty, strictly speaking i will not begin work with eSport until monday but the last few days I have been learning some of the ropes. Hopefully you will see a significant improvement in the future! I have put up the first match report of the CL on the eSport site so please have a look and I'd appreciate any feedback. In future I plan to write a specific report about the poker side of things including standard of play, big hands, exit hands, bad beats, big bluffs and anything else of interest happening in the CL. So if you win your tournaments you may get a private message from me asking how it went, and i will print any interesting quotes if you allow me ;) Reeshah

Re: Lets give Reeshah a chance .... I've not played in this, as I've been away for the last three months. From what I've read, though, it does seem worth supporting, although it does seem to have had some shambolic aspects on first running. But I agree 100% with Col U. It's great that we now have somebody on the inside (and somebody who's actually played in the thing!), but don't expect him to sort everything out in a few days. I'm sure that he'll be delighted to have any constructive suggestions, but give him some room. It's easy for me to say, as I didn't play first time around, but it seems to me it's more important that things are done properly in the future than that gripes from the first run are corrected.

Re: Lets give Reeshah a chance ....

It's easy for me to say' date=' as I didn't play first time around, but it seems to me it's more important that things are done properly in the future than that gripes from the first run are corrected.[/quote'] Spot on. :ok Spend the time getting it right for the future. Don't spend time trying to explain what went wrong, why it went wrong and why it is now too difficult to put it right. The only thing that should be said about what has happened in the past is "sorry guys, we cocked up, we made promises we couldn't keep, we won't make that mistake again, next time we say we are going to do something we'll do it but we won't commit to doing something unless we are sure we can do it".

Re: Lets give Reeshah a chance .... As you know I am pessimistic at the best of times and I have very mixed feelings about this. It does seem a sham and I have tried to stay away from playing the games (but morls keeps putting me in :lol) I have had warm feelings and lovely gifts :$ from esport and initially I though it was cosher but the increasing lack of communication from these guys has been obscene. Nobody can convince me that they have not browsed this forum recently and seen the frustration about points, games, dates, schedules, times, money, format etc etc etc and to not even have the courtesy to acknowledge we are here, does not give me a good feeling. However, I know Reesh quite well and I know he will get stuck in and I hope there is an improvement and I wish him well :ok but I am still girding my loins for some bads news along the line and then a thread full of "I told you so's" ;)