Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 02/05/08

Thumbs Up 2.40 Lingfield (Each Way) Masaalek will go off as a short price favourite due to its 2 runs but is too short and is currently around evens on Betfair. Some of the others that have had a run look nothing special so I'll take the chance with this unraced Cumani horse. He has had two winners in the last week and Spencer rode one of them for him. He was in profit May 2007 with his 3 year olds and is a trainer to follow when he just starts to hit form, often around this time of year. Race should pay 3 places and I can see this being a value each way bet against a favourite with an artificially short price. Trainer has good form 1st time out with his horses and although drawn 11 the way Spencer holds his mounts up negates any draw factor and he can be delivering this late for at least a place, hopefully a win. 65,000 guineas as a yearling, clearly well thought of.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 02/05/08 8.30: Bangor-On-Dee - Moon Star Ran well last time out at Cheltenham to finish close up 7th after cutting out most of the running - had a number of subsequent winners behind that day. Running from same mark today and interesting McCoy takes the ride (rare booking for this stable) - should go close today with conditions to suit. WIN :hope

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 02/05/08 L2.10 Amen To That 0.5pt E/W Looks a likely type on breeding and the trainer knows how to get them ready early. Draw not ideal but hopefully will pick them off at the end and finish in the places.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 02/05/08 Lingfield 2.40 There was plenty to like about Masaalek's debut 2nd at Newbury last May. He had the useful Greek Mythology, Il Warrd and Huzzah all behind. He wasn't seen until earlier this month when he was well backed at Newmarket. He ran into another useful sort in Virtual and did well to get with 3l of the winner given that he lost a few lengths at the start and that this was his first start in around 11 months. The 4th (Slugger O'Toole) won a fair A/W maiden and the well beaten 5th ran 3rd off 72 in a Great Leighs handicap. Prince Of India (tongue tie worn on sole start left off here) and Meydan Dubai both ran in decent races last year but fitness is obviously an issue with both. If the vibes are wrong with these two, Masaalek could start very short, possibly odds-on. Masaalek - win

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 02/05/08 5.40. Fontwell. River Indus. Lay. (Racing Post SP 7/2). Won of a mark of 93, but then has looked in the grasp of handicapper since. Does have form claims to go well in context, and has been dropped a couple of pounds since last time's run, but I feel he's still a bit high in the weights against a few others that look 'interesting', and I also feel the trip's a bit shorter than ideal, so a place at best for me. If he goes and wins, then fair play, but a lay much more than a play at the 7/2 sp.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 02/05/08 3.30 Southwell Especially for You After a quiet little pipe opener last time at Musselburgh this horse his now ready to know its job and a bold show is expected. Sorry about the brief write up just know this horse is ready

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 02/05/08 my best bet of the day would be watamu 410 ling. good chance of race run to suit. others questions to answer. good jockey. should go close if putting best foot forward. big danger to favourite.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 02/05/08 Fontwell 6.40 Grasp WIN 4/1 A consistent sort who is a C&D winner. This contest appears to be between the front three in the market Zilcash, South O'The Border and the selection, all of whom take their chase bows. Grasp's only two successes over jumps both come at the track so im confident he can score here.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 02/05/08 My Bet of the Day is : 7.30 BANGOR - MASSINI SUNSET (1.0 WIN).... A fast improving horse who is still on an attractive mark.Won well last month at Plumpton and the 2nd went on to "frank the form"..Being aimed at the Topham chase so would need to put up a good show tonight....:ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 02/05/08 7-30 Bangor - Massini Sunset - LAY Steadily climbing the weights and has now gone to a higher class of race to get a lower weight. Running with bottom weight of 10 stones and due to go up 6 pounds tomorrow whatever happens tonight. Most of the opposition seem exposed, but they have all run in better class races than Massini Sunset in their time. With a low weight I expect the selection to be up with the leaders, and hopefully, one of the others will pick him off over the last quarter of a mile. Good luck to all :ok (except the poster above me :loon )

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 02/05/08 8.30 Bangor - Moon Star Has been in decent form lately, but got too much weight after a win and a second in February. Then got some lbs back and ran a very good race at Cheltenham. The 7th place was unfair, because the horse led the whole race and just couldn't see out the hill. Still finished very close to the winner only 5 lengths away. Today's flat track will suite and I can easily see him dictating in front and making all. With stable amongst the winners and AP on board seems to have a decent chance.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 02/05/08

my best bet of the day would be watamu 410 ling. good chance of race run to suit. others questions to answer. good jockey. should go close if putting best foot forward. big danger to favourite.
Good call Rainbow, bravo you called it exactly right! Looking forward to seeing wot you predict for the weekend! :)