UEFA Cup 1st of May

I'm a bit surprised there's still no posts here for today's UEFA Cup games. Well, here are my bets for today: Zenit P.-Bayern Zenit has some players missing (striker Andrei Arshavin, left-winger Radek Sírl, Fernando Ricksen – all suspended – and defenders Nicolas Lombaerts and Kim Dong Jin who are injured) but they will surely field 11 players looking forward to make club history and making it to the finals. On the other side we have a Bayern side which IMO has had far too many ups and downs during the season and seem to rely a lot on stars Ribery and Luca Toni to solve by themselves what the team can't solve as a whole. Bayern are the clear favorites but I expect a tight game and see value in taking the draw. My pick: draw; Fiorentina-Rangers I think everyone would agree that Italian Football is at a higher level than the Scottish one and that Fiorentina is a better overall side than Rangers. Also, Rangers 1-1-9 historical record when playing away in Italy is far from impressive. On the other hand, Fiorentina has a 5-0-0 historical record when playing at home against Scottish teams. (Sorry Rangers fans in the forum but) I don't see Rangers being able to stop Mutu and Vieri tonight. My pick: home -1AH (Asian Handicap); Good luck! JC

Re: UEFA Cup 1st of May Fiorentina has a vital game this sunday against sampdoria...I think tonight rangers with there antifootball will enter in final.And lose in final to zenit Zenit to win the uefa cup is 5.00 in croatian bookies...i think it is great value

Re: UEFA Cup 1st of May Fiorentina v Rangers (0-0) All the evidence says that this will be a long night for Rangers. We all know how this game is going to play out. Rangers will play at least 10 men behind the ball at all times whilst trying to break quickly to nick the away goal which they crave so badly. Rangers success tonight depends primarily on the service they can get to the lone man up front, and how well the fat eddie murphy can hold up possession to allow midfield to support, this is till the 60-70 minute mark when Cousin will take over. Rangers chances I imagine tonightwill be extremely few and far between and they must be clinical in front of goal if they are to stand any chance. I think if Rangers can score first and nick an away goal it may be enough for them to sneak through. It appears that the team news coming out of Ibrox earlier in the week was inaccurate, both Davis and Weir look set to make it tonight but the question must be asked whether either player is 100% fit. If they are rushed back too soon then a recurring injury picked up tonight may have grave consequences on the Ibrox side's title hopes (well heres hoping anyway ;)) Rangers looked a beaten side in the last 20 minutes on Sunday in the old firm game. They had nothing left in the tank to give to get themselves back in the match and you must think that surely the effects of fatigue from this energy sapping season are finally beginning to hinder their performance. Fiorentina have the quality to win this tie and win it well, but this is something which could easily have been said of Rangers last 3 Uefa cup opponents yet somehow they managed a way to slither their way to the next round. With the likes of Mutu and Vieri they have the quality to break down this workmanlike Rangers side. The italians will have no problem adapting their style of play to combat Rangers anti-football tactics (well they are ITALIAN after all) and they should make it through tonight. All depends on the first goal, if Rangers get it they'll get a boost and may possibly hold on. If Fiorentina get it and get it early it could be a long and draining night for Rangers. I personally am hoping for the latter Prediction Fiorentina 1 Rangers 0 FROZA FIORENTINA :nana:nana

Re: UEFA Cup 1st of May

Fiorentina v Rangers (0-0) All the evidence says that this will be a long night for Rangers. We all know how this game is going to play out. Rangers will play at least 10 men behind the ball at all times whilst trying to break quickly to nick the away goal which they crave so badly. Rangers success tonight depends primarily on the service they can get to the lone man up front, and how well the fat eddie murphy can hold up possession to allow midfield to support, this is till the 60-70 minute mark when Cousin will take over. Rangers chances I imagine tonightwill be extremely few and far between and they must be clinical in front of goal if they are to stand any chance. I think if Rangers can score first and nick an away goal it may be enough for them to sneak through. It appears that the team news coming out of Ibrox earlier in the week was inaccurate, both Davis and Weir look set to make it tonight but the question must be asked whether either player is 100% fit. If they are rushed back too soon then a recurring injury picked up tonight may have grave consequences on the Ibrox side's title hopes (well heres hoping anyway ;)) Rangers looked a beaten side in the last 20 minutes on Sunday in the old firm game. They had nothing left in the tank to give to get themselves back in the match and you must think that surely the effects of fatigue from this energy sapping season are finally beginning to hinder their performance. Fiorentina have the quality to win this tie and win it well, but this is something which could easily have been said of Rangers last 3 Uefa cup opponents yet somehow they managed a way to slither their way to the next round. With the likes of Mutu and Vieri they have the quality to break down this workmanlike Rangers side. The italians will have no problem adapting their style of play to combat Rangers anti-football tactics (well they are ITALIAN after all) and they should make it through tonight. All depends on the first goal, if Rangers get it they'll get a boost and may possibly hold on. If Fiorentina get it and get it early it could be a long and draining night for Rangers. I personally am hoping for the latter Prediction Fiorentina 1 Rangers 0 FROZA FIORENTINA :nana:nana
Just seen the odds for Rangers to win on betfair 6/1 (7.00) :unsure Think thats a huge price given the amount of luck they have had in this tournament already, not saying Ill be putting them on to win but I really think thats rather big considering....they have got results at other away grounds. Think I'll sit this one out and just hopefully enjoy a good Italian performace :hope;)

Re: UEFA Cup 1st of May Rangers have defied all the so called experts this year from the very first game in the C.L. in France when they won 3-0 against Lyon and although thet never qualified for the next round of the C.L. they have had a great run away from Ibrox in the UEFA cup. All the critics write them off each round away from home against good quality French, German, Spanish, Portugese teams. You must wonder how long they can keep this up and no doubt they face another game when everyone is writing them off against a very good Italian team but i will go aginst the odds and take the underdogs to meke it through to the final.

Re: UEFA Cup 1st of May Some tough Fixtures to predict and honestly I don't think it is plausible to try and predict how these games will play out... Of course the Fiorentina- Rangers clash is perhaps foreseeable however the Zenit Bayern match up is anybody's best guess... with factors like 3 significant Zenit suspensions (mind you without these I would be on them for more as quick as you like), an artificial pitch () and Bayerns seemingly shocking twists in form while always managing to scrape through by the hairs on L. Toni and F. Ribery's chins... really they are holding the team together and we saw it last week as without Toni they fall to a 1-1 draw at home to Zenit (from an o.g mind you) and then days latter with Toni they smash Stuttgart 4-1... it really illustrates what many have seen this season that w/o Toni and Ribery Bayern perform like a mid table team (not that they should be).... UEFA doesn't usually go too well for me and is one of the main areas in football were I have the most trouble... caution is the theme... ... with already significant following for Zenit I can't possibly bet on them here again and truly I couldn't bet a 1x2 for this match because I truly just don't know enough about Zenits fringe players and how there inclusion will affect the performance of the squad... however I do feel comfortable enough going with my original thoughts for this match... goalscorer market seems the way to go for me and while both L.Toni and F. Ribery can both create goals for others I much prefer to back them to score. Ribery netted one in the first leg and these two will master all dead ball play (Toni is sure to take any penalties also)... Toni's imposing stature is sure to threaten from the dead ball while Ribery can sure give it a good go given the opportunity I am confident that if Bayern are to go through they will need 2 goals and in all likeliness these two will provide once if not both of them and if Bayern crash out then I am quite happy with that also... These odds surely are far to big for Two very proven goal scorers... 10 units L.Toni to Score Anytime @ 2.5 (Centrebet) 3 units F.Ribery to Score Anytime @ 4.33 (Centrebet)

Re: UEFA Cup 1st of May Zenit Vs Bayern Munich The return of Toni tonight is big plus for the German's he's scored important goals through out the tournement and along with the talented Ribery will carry the biggest threat, There may be a danger that Zenit will sit and defend their away goal, with creative midfielder Arshavin missing along with Ricksen and Sirl through supsension along with the injured Anukov, they maybe open to Bayern picking them off. Away win @ evens. Fiorentina Vs Rangers under 2.5 goals, we've seen enough of Rangers to know how they will approach the game, they will play on the counter-attack and look to nick an away goal, If Fiorentina score first they'll likely to sit and defend their lead and not allow Rangers the chance to grab an away goal. under 2.5 goals @ 1.67

Re: UEFA Cup 1st of May Wouldn't go for Bayern and rather lay them actually, instead of that I have a nibble of the over at even odds. I was quite impressed of Zenith's performances at Leverkusen and Munich having had a very potent offense. Zenith in a way even were closer to the 2-1 at Munich and I can't imagine them to hide today as consequence. They miss an important guy in offense but also two in defense and a confident Bayern can be trusted to score as well actually.

Hi...I am first time here...and first you must now about me is that my english is not very good... FIORENTINA-RANGERS under 2.5(1.55) 8/10 ZENIT-BAYERN 2 (2.00) 9/10 SERBIA-BELGRADE-RED STAR
:welcome My friend, do not worry about your english :ok

Rangers have defied all the so called experts this year from the very first game in the C.L. in France when they won 3-0 against Lyon and although thet never qualified for the next round of the C.L. they have had a great run away from Ibrox in the UEFA cup. All the critics write them off each round away from home against good quality French' date=' German, Spanish, Portugese teams. You must wonder how long they can keep this up and no doubt they face another game when everyone is writing them off against a very good Italian team but i will go aginst the odds and take the underdogs to meke it through to the final.[/quote'] I dont think 'everyone' is writing them off mate, from the papers I have seen some people believe they have a real chance of nicking an away goal and going through. I was not overly impressed with Fiorentina in the first leg, they played the exact same football as every other European team to visit Ibrox this year and they obviously never done their homework as they consistently punted high balls into the box which is bread and butter for this Rangers back line. If the Italians are to win tonight they MUST play football and pass Rangers off the field, otherwise Rangers will quiet happily sit a line of 5 in midfeild in front of the back line of four defenders to protect their goal.:ok

With the likes of Mutu and Vieri
Vieri is totally sh!t nowadays. 10 years ago he may of been a danger. I havn't got time for a write up, but my suggested bets would be. Under 2.5 goals 5pts Fiorentina 1-0 1pt Rangers 1-0 1pt Draw 1-1 1pt Any eventuality would result in a profit - or a tiny loss... Come on Rangers, do Scotland proud. We are the People.

Re: UEFA Cup 1st of May If this isn't the team: ------------Alexander-------------- Dailly----Weir-----Cuellar----Papac -------------Hemdani------------- Davis--Thomson--Fergie--Whittaker -----------Darcheville------------- I'll eat my hat.

Re: UEFA Cup 1st of May Can't really see past anything but a narrow Fiorentina win tonight. Rangers will likely have a very defensive outlook, looking to create the few chances they get on thecounter attack. Think Fiorentina will be too strong overall, and with Mutu looking to become the first Fiorentina player to score seven goals in one European competition tonight I think they will have the beating of weakened Rangers side. Can see a 1-0 or 2-0 Fiorentina win. Pick - Under 2.5 goals - 1.7 GL www.the-wise-guys.com

Fiorentina to win..Bayern to win... Simple! The class difference will show through in these two matches Rangers should never be in UEFA Cup semi-finals:unsure
Great Post.. $1000 on Bayern to win $1000 $1000 on Fiorentina to win $600 gl!

Re: UEFA Cup 1st of May When are you actually going to contribute ANYTHING that is of ANY relevance, or detail...? You just post up EVERY Rangers match advising a bet on the opposition, no matter who it is - with absolutely no reasoning. It is ridiculous. If you think anyone on here follows any of your tips then you are joking yourself. I am not trying to tell people to bet on Rangers, far from it. My 'is that a joke' comment was aimed at DeMMA for implying that you made a 'great' post, which you didn't...

Great Post.. $1000 on Bayern to win $1000 $1000 on Fiorentina to win $600 gl!
I'm positive that no-one is interested in the size of your stakes. Put in some reasoning behind the bets instead if you want to contribute :ok

Re: UEFA Cup 1st of May Zenit/Rangers double! Why not. Zenit have proven in this competition that they are hard to beat and can also come back from behind and with home advantage...you know. Rangers will push the price right up. Small stakes on the double. Good Luck all.

Re: UEFA Cup 1st of May Fiorentina-Rangers Dont know if Rangers will play for a win or hope for ET or pens. But considering the fact that Fiorentina did not get an away goal they might be vulnerable at only a 1-0 scoreline so might push on for the second and let Rangers in. Fiorentina have scored in most of their home matches in the league this year (bar the 0-1 defeat against Milan). Gonna go for Half Time Result - Draw Evs PP CS 1-0 & 1-1 - both PP 4/1 & 6/1

If this isn't the team: ------------Alexander-------------- Dailly----Weir-----Cuellar----Papac -------------Hemdani------------- Davis--Thomson--Fergie--Whittaker -----------Darcheville------------- I'll eat my hat.
Fiorentina
  • 01 Frey
  • 20 Jorgensen
  • 05 Gamberini
  • 21 Ujfalusi
  • 19 Gobbi
  • 04 Donadel
  • 11 Liverani
  • 18 Montolivo
  • 24 Santana
  • 29 Pazzini
  • 10 Mutu
Substitutes
  • 25 Avramov,
  • 03 Dainelli,
  • 07 Semioli,
  • 09 Osvaldo,
  • 22 Kuzmanovic,
  • 23 Pasqual,
  • 32 Vieri

Rangers

• 13 Alexander
  • 21 Broadfoot
  • 24 Cuellar
  • 03 Weir
  • 05 Papac
  • 07 Hemdani
  • 35 Davis
  • 06 Ferguson
  • 08 Thomson
  • 28 Whittaker
  • 19 Darcheville
Substitutes
  • 16 Smith,
  • 04 Buffel,
  • 09 Boyd,
  • 10 Novo,
  • 29 Cousin,
  • 30 Dailly,
  • 39 Faye

Ref: Frank De Bleeckere i want to see you eat your hat loool :ok:ok:ok

Re: UEFA Cup 1st of May I read the posts at top of this thread and rushed to the bookie's - I'd worked out Fiorentina/Rangers under two goals and Zenit/Bayern over two goals. Then I discovered the Zenit game was all but finished (it was 3-0 at the time) the jeers from the punters made me feel a right dumbo - but at least I was right except I was a mere coupla hours late :unsure. So it ended up 50 quid on under two goals in the Rangers game.

I read the posts at top of this thread and rushed to the bookie's - I'd worked out Fiorentina/Rangers under two goals and Zenit/Bayern over two goals. Then I discovered the Zenit game was all but finished (it was 3-0 at the time) the jeers from the punters made me feel a right dumbo - but at least I was right except I was a mere coupla hours late :unsure. So it ended up 50 quid on under two goals in the Rangers game.
:welcome to PL mate....!