** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The Poker career of a FISH !!!

puntalara

Re: The Poker career of a FISH !!!

Thanks again - looks like I have been playing way to loose and as Tom said a bit scared as well :$ NO MORE!!!! Also one of the problems of playing like it says in the articles, is you will learn bugger all about playing what i call proper poker. Going to now grind like bugger and TRY to get the bankroll to play BS poker. Cheers, Paul

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Poker career of a FISH !!! Played ABC short stack tonight 269 hands -$3.67 4 tables. On 2 of the tables I played 5 & 6 hands out of 150 and when I raised everyone folded :( Just did not get enough decent cards tonight on any of the tables SO the RT 1202 hands played for a loss of $17.10 I am going to play another 1000 hands of ABC short stack and then will see where I am - probably BROKE

Played ABC short stack tonight 269 hands -$3.67 4 tables. On 2 of the tables I played 5 & 6 hands out of 150 and when I raised everyone folded :(
Have only just noticed this: ""4 tables". Are you multi-tabling? Or does this mean you played on four consecutive tables? If you're multi-tabling, you definitely have enough for one full buy-in to single table with. I'm still convinced too many people jump to multi-tabling before they are sufficiently skilled to do so. :spank

Re: The Poker career of a FISH !!! I didn't notice that either :unsure I don't think you're ready for 4 tabling :unsure You should be consistently profitable on one table before you move up to more..... You will also learn a lot less whilst playing multiple tables.... (though you'll probably be more patient - discipline will be one of your biggest assets at this stage....)

Re: The Poker career of a FISH !!! Aye if you're a beginner then multi-tabling is one of the worst things to do imo. The reason people multi table is to increase their hourly rate on tables or games they beat. But for people starting out it's best to single table to concentrate on improving first of all. Making money then multi-tabling is a natural progression from this. I personally have only felt comfortable multi-tabling the last week - after 2yrs of playing! Been trying to find a solution to my multi-tabling mental problem for a while. Think in the past i've been thinking too much about each table, now i just open a few tables up and get on with it without getting caught up in any one table and it seems to be working atm.

Re: The Poker career of a FISH !!! Yep - I have been playing 2/4 tables, but as I only now play SSS with premuim hands I was getting SO BORED with just one table open. It also stops me playing hands that in the past i would play :) So far since I started to play a few tables at the same time, it has turned around a bit +$4.96 last night. Shortish sessions and when I have made $2.50 I close the table and move onto another one - gone back to FTP with the 20bb buy in of $2. Getting my $ bonuses as well now :nana So I am getting back to where I started from - I still want to play 100bb as it does seem to be more fun, but I need a $150 bank roll. That will give me 15 buy ins - a min I reckon for me :) Thanks for the comments guys, Paul

Re: The Poker career of a FISH !!! I may be DOOMED - opened a account at PP. Put in $50 to play 100bb 0.04 tables at $5 buy in My third hand :( Did I play it right to get all my money in b4 the flop - Looked great after the 1st three cards - was counting me money ***** Hand History for Game 7000013128 ***** $5 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Thursday, April 24, 09:20:12 ET 2008 Table Table 125529 (Real Money) Seat 3 is the button Total number of players : 10 Seat 1: jasz69 ( $5.36 USD ) Seat 2: AlexWg ( $6.68 USD ) Seat 7: Olamo ( $5.66 USD ) Seat 9: udma100 ( $5.54 USD ) Seat 4: padman400 ( $4.61 USD ) Seat 8: Buntberny ( $1.88 USD ) Seat 3: Leopola ( $5 USD ) Seat 10: jurkaaa4444 ( $2.70 USD ) Seat 6: gvkz991 ( $3 USD ) Seat 5: tolsty88 ( $5 USD ) padman400 posts small blind [$0.02 USD]. tolsty88 posts big blind [$0.04 USD]. ** Dealing down cards ** Dealt to padman400 [ Kh Ah ] Olamo folds Buntberny folds udma100 folds jurkaaa4444 folds jasz69 folds AlexWg folds Leopola raises [$0.16 USD] padman400 raises [$0.50 USD] tolsty88 folds Leopola raises [$0.72 USD] padman400 raises [$1.48 USD] Leopola is all-In [$4.12 USD] padman400 is all-In [$2.61 USD] ** Dealing Flop ** [ Jc, As, Kd ] ** Dealing Turn ** [ 8h ] ** Dealing River ** [ Th ] padman400 shows [ Kh, Ah ]two pairs, Aces and Kings. Leopola shows [ Qc, Qs ]a straight Ten to Ace. Leopola wins $0.39 USD from the side pot 1 with a straight, Ten to Ace. Leopola wins $8.80 USD from the main pot with a straight, Ten to Ace. If i had checked pre-flop it would of ALL been in after the flop anyway - got $3 back b4 I shut down.

I may be DOOMED - opened a account at PP. Put in $50 to play 100bb 0.04 tables at $5 buy in My third hand :( Did I play it right to get all my money in b4 the flop - Looked great after the 1st three cards - was counting me money ***** Hand History for Game 7000013128 ***** $5 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Thursday, April 24, 09:20:12 ET 2008 Table Table 125529 (Real Money) Seat 3 is the button Total number of players : 10 Seat 1: jasz69 ( $5.36 USD ) Seat 2: AlexWg ( $6.68 USD ) Seat 7: Olamo ( $5.66 USD ) Seat 9: udma100 ( $5.54 USD ) Seat 4: padman400 ( $4.61 USD ) Seat 8: Buntberny ( $1.88 USD ) Seat 3: Leopola ( $5 USD ) Seat 10: jurkaaa4444 ( $2.70 USD ) Seat 6: gvkz991 ( $3 USD ) Seat 5: tolsty88 ( $5 USD ) padman400 posts small blind [$0.02 USD]. tolsty88 posts big blind [$0.04 USD]. ** Dealing down cards ** Dealt to padman400 [ Kh Ah ] Olamo folds Buntberny folds udma100 folds jurkaaa4444 folds jasz69 folds AlexWg folds Leopola raises [$0.16 USD] padman400 raises [$0.50 USD] tolsty88 folds Leopola raises [$0.72 USD] padman400 raises [$1.48 USD] Leopola is all-In [$4.12 USD] padman400 is all-In [$2.61 USD] ** Dealing Flop ** [ Jc, As, Kd ] ** Dealing Turn ** [ 8h ] ** Dealing River ** [ Th ] padman400 shows [ Kh, Ah ]two pairs, Aces and Kings. Leopola shows [ Qc, Qs ]a straight Ten to Ace. Leopola wins $0.39 USD from the side pot 1 with a straight, Ten to Ace. Leopola wins $8.80 USD from the main pot with a straight, Ten to Ace. If i had checked pre-flop it would of ALL been in after the flop anyway - got $3 back b4 I shut down.
Just unlucky there, the money might not have went in on that flop but i still think you did the right thing pushing it in PF, although its nice to mix it up, with AK i dont re raise pf as a rule. Sometimes it can pay dividends to go under the radar so to speak. But again nothing wrong with your play.

Re: The Poker career of a FISH !!! i agree with the mole:ok its not a bad play at all pre flop but there isn't a lot of reason to re re raise with ak here.realistically there is only 1 maybe 2 hands you dominate here and even those are unlikely due to the big bets, its more likely they have 10s-qs. pre flop its unlikely your opponent will fold a hand like this .your playing a 50/50 which actually means your on a loser because of the rake:ok at least if you had called when the bets got to the $1 mark you could have picked that pot up on the flop or turn ,which would be a $1 profit instead of a $5 loss. as a rule i wont push all in preflop unless i have aces or kings. you were right to call his all in ,but by re raising you got yourself into a situation where you don't have a choice but to call.

Yep - I have been playing 2/4 tables, but as I only now play SSS with premuim hands I was getting SO BORED with just one table open. It also stops me playing hands that in the past i would play :) hmm for the first 6 or so months i wouldn't recommend multi tabling:(really you should be watching your opponents play:ok playing abc poker is ok but it doesn't teach you more than abc;) by watching what everybody around you is doing you will start picking up on other players habits and how to get their chips off them:)

• 2 weeks later...

Re: The Poker career of a FISH !!! I have now got holdem manager on a freebie at the mo. I want to put a graph up and get you guys to have a look at my stats - been on a BIG downswing then a BIG upswing and I am on the bloody way down again now. Playing a mixture of BSS and SSS and taking some horrid beats. So how do I put the graph attachment up, please. Paul

Re: The Poker career of a FISH !!! Not sure if this will work - my graph below. This is since I got Holdem manager, so I am unable to put all my poker site stats up. I made about $20 profit on the other sites, but from now on I will only play where i can get my stats. bf45mt.jpg Lost $8 on one hand with AA all in v KK he hit a K on the flop :( Not sure if my stats are good or bad as this is new to be - any idea what I should be looking for with these. Paul

I think you are right - I was trying to get him to fold if he had a A10 or a A with a smaller card' date=' what i should of done is say 3bet his raise and if he comes back fold - how does that sound :)[/quote'] I dont play full ring but im pretty sure you shouldnt be 'trying' to get hands that you dominate to fold. You are only getting hands that beat you to call with that bet (or maybe im giving your opponants a bit too much credit there). I only play six max and i would definately be raising in the cut off with AJ, but 6max is all about aggression so again im really not sure what your meant to do.

Re: The Poker career of a FISH !!! not a clue about the stats although i would guess if you are only playing premium hands then your PFR (pre-flop raise) should be even closer to your VPIP (Voluntary put in pot) as you shouldnt really be calling too much preflop (although ive never used or looked at short-stack strategy). I dont see how anyone learns anything about the game when short stacking and only playing premium hands. Everyone will probably disagree with this but i would wait until you can deposit [at least] 20 full buy-ins at 0.05/0.1 and take it from there, imo you dont begin to learn anything until you are at least playing at this level. Imo books arent particularly necesary for cash, so much strategy for beginers available online at sites like 2+2 and of course on here. Short stacking imo is only for building bankroll, you arent actually learning a thing that will help you play fully stacked later on. Holdem manager is a quality bit of software, have a play around with the filters and see what you are doing from where with different hands etc (suited connectors etc).

Re: The Poker career of a FISH !!! A happy FISH - a mix of short and full stack NL 10 chart for May 2hdbogp.jpg I have also started to play 6 max limit as well, and i have to say I enjoy it more than NL. At the small stakes I play at, I am doing very well - SO FAR that is - KOD now :ok