Cricket: Indian Premier League

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League Ganguly snatched victory for Kolkata, bit sickening the way Punjab bowled at the death.:$ todays game, Rajasthan Royals Vs Mumbai Indians Rajasthan sitting pretty at the top of the table, Warney's boys have won alot of games in the IPL due to their tight bowling, sharp fielding and consistant batting, Mumbai have been a bit hit and miss, after putting a nice run of victories together, failed against Bangalore and have lost their way again, other than the explosive Jayasuriya and Tendulkar there isn't much to back them up, Rajasthan will again look to Warne and Sohail Tanvar who has bowled superbly througout the IPL.Would be nice to see the two cheapest franchises, Rajasthan and Punjab battle it out for the title. Rajasthan WIN @ 5/6

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League not good for the nerves that game, Rajasthan winning winning off the last ball:clap:beer. If i didn't have dosh on it, would like to have seen a bowl-out. It did help Dilharo fired in wide on the penultimate delivery.;) The two lads at the death, Patel and Jadeja batted really well, thought it was all over once Kaif and Watson had gone.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League Deccan Chargers Vs Chennai Super Kings Deccan have been so bad in the IPL, its hard to believe, investing heavily in a attack minded batting line-up, they've sacrificed in the bowling department as results have shown.Chennai have a chance to book their semi-final place with a win. Chennai just lost out in thriller last time out failing to chase down 212 vs Rajasthan, Deccan have imo an excellent opportunity to grab their 1st home win today as the pressure is off them and firmly on Dhoni's men, to have any chance of winning Gilchrist must score heavily and recieve support from Gibbs and Rohit Sharma.I think their most underrated player has been Venugopal Rao and if i was skipper i would give him a chance at 3. RP Singh needs to strike with the ball aslo. For Chennai Murali has been woeful and they will look to Ntini and Gony to get amongst the wickets. Taking a chance here, but really like the price on the home side, Deccan WIN @ 6/5

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League Unlucky with Deccan Sir F. I was hoping they'd win to keep Delhi away from Rajasthan but I suppose they've all got to be beaten at some point haven't they :lol. I can't understand how Deccan can pick Afridi and then bat him at 6 when Styris walks out at 3. Complete waste IMO. Anyway the final group matches are on Wednesday and I'm betting in the 1st. Might bet in the 2nd tomorrow but definitely the 1st. I'll sort out the +/- after this match. 10pts Mumbai to beat Bangalore 4/6 Totesport Mumbai have lost their last 3 matches but they've had chances to win at least two of them and maybe even all 3 but they face an average at best Bangalore side here which gives them a chance to end on a high. Bangalore can't bat so if Jayasuriya and Tendulkar start teeing off at any point Mumbai are sure to have too many runs. Pollock and I would imagine it'll be Nel will give international flavour to the Mumbai attack. Bangalore could open the bowling with Kumble but that won't both Sachin and Sanath as they'll have faced him plenty of times. I just can't see a scenario where Mumbai aren't the strongest of these two so I'll take Sachin's men to end with a win.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League Kings Punjab Vs Rajashthan Royals A battle of the two inform teams here, both easily the best in the IPL and proved that the way they qualified for the semi's. There are some potentially class match-ups today, Warne against Yuvraj and Marsh against Tanvir just two to mention. In the batting department, Kings have the slight edge, Marsh/Sangakkara/Yuvraj all potential match winners, where as Rajasthan collapsed a little in their last game, Jadeja,Pathan and Watson are having solid tournaments with the bat but Graeme smith will be missed at the top of the order, not overly convinced by the opening pair. In the bowling department, Rajasthan probably have the edge, Tanvir has been taking plenty of wickets at not many runs a piece, Warne and Watson have also been consistant with the ball, Kings seamers have been average, Sreesanth, VRV Singh and Pathan all got stick against Ganguly and Kolkata, they need to improve, in Piyush Chawla, Kings carry a big weapon, the leggie is capable of taking important wickets, would like to see the skipper Yuvraj, utilise more of his slow left arm deliveries. close one to call, Kings Punjab WIN @ 5/6

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League Been toying over whether to bet in tomorrow's semi final as I'm on Delhi outright anyway but 5/4 is too good for me to turn down I think. 10pts Delhi to beat Rajasthan 5/4 Sportingbet Rajasthan only lost 3 matches in the group stage but significantly one of them was to the Delhi Daredevils. I've heard the argument that Delhi only just made the semis but given they were the worst affected by the weather I wash that argument away tbh. Delhi have matchwinners throughout their side. The whole match could hinge on Virender Sehwag. If he bats for 10 overs this one is over such is his scoring rate. Gautam Gambhir is another matchwinner and their leading run scorer is going to be out for more runs here. Delhi are likely to play all 3 international bowlers so Glenn McGrath, Mohammad Asif and Farveez Maharoof will bowl 12 of the 20 overs and could all be hard to get away. Young leg spinner Amit Mishra will provide the spin. Rajasthan have rested players in their last couple of matches and may just have lost an ounce of momentum. Smith, Tanvir and Warne will all return here although Warne's gone for over 10 an over without taking a wicket in the two matches between these two so far. Shane Watson has been Delhi's problem though and it was only his sensational 74 off 40 balls which stopped Sehwag's men doing the double over Rajasthan. A lot will depend on how the likes of Trivedi and Patel bowl as to how this match goes. I don't think there's a great deal between these two and if both sides are on top form this will be an epic. I look at Delhi's bowling attack though and I see difficulty in scoring runs. Glenn McGrath has only conceded 33 runs in 8 overs between these two so far. Sehwag's men have basically played a knockout match in their last match with Mumbai which they came through and I think they'll come through this one too.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League Putting it politely, Delhi were crap. Don't like the Punjab's record against Chennai in terms of backing them at a short price but this handicap looks completely wrong to me. 10pts S.Marsh -3.5 runs to beat S.Fleming 5/6 Ladbrokes Shaun Marsh has been the best batsman in this competition. He's score a helluva lot of runs at a decent lick with an amazing average of 74.12. Stephen Fleming has been poor really by his standards. I suppose to be fair he isn't really suited to this game but 196 runs from 10 matches at 21.77 isn't what Chennai will have wanted for their dosh. In the match these two played where both players were involved, Fleming was outscored by Marsh 58 runs to 1 so I can't see the big Aussie not covering this handicap.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League

Putting it politely, Delhi were crap. Don't like the Punjab's record against Chennai in terms of backing them at a short price but this handicap looks completely wrong to me. 10pts S.Marsh -3.5 runs to beat S.Fleming 5/6 Ladbrokes Shaun Marsh has been the best batsman in this competition. He's score a helluva lot of runs at a decent lick with an amazing average of 74.12. Stephen Fleming has been poor really by his standards. I suppose to be fair he isn't really suited to this game but 196 runs from 10 matches at 21.77 isn't what Chennai will have wanted for their dosh. In the match these two played where both players were involved, Fleming was outscored by Marsh 58 runs to 1 so I can't see the big Aussie not covering this handicap.
looks v.solid, is Fleming definately playing? Chennai have beaten KP twice in the IPL and will fancy their chances, but KP have been devastating as a batting unit, Marsh has been well supported by Hopes, Sanga and even skipper Yuvraj blitzed 49 off about 16 balls the other day. Hopefully they'll show their class and reach the final. these 20/20 games can go anyway though.:hope

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League This final is a bit more even than the odds suggest. The pitch isn't the best at this ground which brings Chennai into it. 10pts Chennai to beat Rajasthan 11/8 Totesport Chennai have suffered a couple of hefty defeats to the Rajasthan Royals but they could be coming into this final at the right time. They were superb yesterday against the Kings XI and Dhoni has already shown that he can get a team to thrive on the finals stage when his Indian team won the world twenty20. A lot will depend on how his batting lineup deals with Tanvir as the Pakistan man has 9 wickets against them in the 2 matches they've played previously. Murali could be key for the Super Kings. Rajasthan have been dealt a huge blow that Graeme Smith has been ruled out. Niraj Patel could come in to open. Warne's only other change is likely to be Kamran Akmal coming in to keep wicket. Man for man though this Royals side is probably slightly worse off. They won their semi final with a barrage of short bowling but I'm not sure this pitch will offer the bounce that the wankaday one did and in what I see as a match which could go either way, Chennai are the call.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League Rajasthan won on the last ball. Great game and a great way to end what's been a very good, if a little long tournament. Up and down for me at different times and today's loss has meant I end the tournament -4.60pts but it's been an enjoyable watch and I look forward to next year's tournament which I'd imagine will have the English players in it.