The 8 Stages Of Madness

madnesstiger

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness Great to see you tweaking this interesting system further....! :clap

I will be looking at taking: 1.44 to ~1.75. The reasons for these odds:
  • 2x 1.44 = combined odds of 2.07
  • 2x 1.75 = combined odds of 3.06

The two combined odds above equate roughly to the odds taken previously in Attempt 1. However, I believe there may be more chance of success by placing low odds favourites as part of a doubles bet, than by placing 1 bet on an underdog.

I must admit i don't follow you here...? Why is it a greater chance to succeed with two 1.44 bets than one 2.07 bet? Statistically the possibility for each to happen is equal. That would also mean that your tweak doesn't make any real difference to the structure of the system. Or is it me missing out on something here...? :$

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness Hi Guys, Thanks for the replies and support :) Will try to answer where I can... HLV, You said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnesstiger viewpost.gif I will be looking at taking: 1.44 to ~1.75. The reasons for these odds:
  • 2x 1.44 = combined odds of 2.07
  • 2x 1.75 = combined odds of 3.06
The two combined odds above equate roughly to the odds taken previously in Attempt 1. However, I believe there may be more chance of success by placing low odds favourites as part of a doubles bet, than by placing 1 bet on an underdog.
I must admit i don't follow you here...? Why is it a greater chance to succeed with two 1.44 bets than one 2.07 bet? Statistically the possibility for each to happen is equal. That would also mean that your tweak doesn't make any real difference to the structure of the system. Or is it me missing out on something here...? :$
You are quite right by saying that both methods have an equal chance of winning mathematically. However, I just feel it is worth trying the system with the 'doubles' method and using much lower odds. Take for example the following market in a football match: UNDER 1.5: 2.84 OVER 1.5: 1.52 Given that the average goals per game in most football leagues/competitions is around 2.3 - 2.6, I would much rather place a double for OVER 1.5 than hope for UNDER 1.5 in a single match. Also, it is something I think punters expect - 'GOALS'. By placing an UNDER bet, you are hoping for the match to remain 0-0 for as long as possible and wait all 90minutes for the outcome. Personally, I like to see 2 goals in the first half so that I know the bet is won, whatever happens in the 2nd half! And like the quote I mentioned in the intro to this approach from Joe Buchdahl's book says, we were effectively chasing winners from the underdogs in Attempt 1, whereas I will be nearly always following the favourite in Attempt 2. This is something I personally prefer to do and is purely down to personal preference in the end. Whichever way you wish to view this 'tweak', we will soon find out if my theory is a successful one, once the bets start flowing! :) Guy Fawkes, You said,
Could you just not use a standard bookies though? Enabling bets to be placed simulataneously? Would the lower prices be negated by the commission? GOOD LUCK!
I did think about using a separate bookies account, but I think I will continue to use Betfair due to the ease of placing the bets with the 'third party' software I use. Yes, it will be a little more confusing juggling two GloryHunts with one account, but can live with that for now, and will see how it goes. As for waiting for bets to settle before placing the 2nd selection, I've decided that I will place the bets like this:
  • Firstly, place ALL 1st selections for the current stage.
  • By the time I get to placing the last '1st selection' of the current stage, I will be able to start placing the '2nd selections' for those '1st selections' that were winners.

Therefore, I am expecting this attempt to take quite a bit longer to complete than the 1st! And, thanks.. for the 'GOOD LUCK'!! :ok And finally... slapshot, You said,

Good Luck MadnessTiger with you're 2:nd attempt :ok
And I said, Thanks mate, I expect I will need plenty of it! :ok

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness Let's put all the talk into action... STAGE 1 (ATTEMPT 2) 50x DOUBLES AT £2 1ST SELECTIONS

NO.SELECTIONSODDS1
1SHALKE 04 (+1.5) to beat BARCELONA1.64
2STOCKPORT to beat MANSFIELD1.71
3ST MIRREN to beat GRETNA1.54
4WATFORD to beat BARNSLEY1.58
5K.SREBOTNIK to beat L.SAFAROVA1.66
:hope

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness 3 out of 5 for the first batch of 1st selections. Not too bad I guess, would hope to see 2 of the 3 winners pass the 2nd selections. 2 more for tonight over in South America.

NO.SELECTIONSODDS1
6SPORT RECIFE to beat BRASILIENSE1.64
7SPORT RECIFE vs BRASILIENSE, OVER 2.51.54
A nice 3-0 will do just fine! :hope *** One point I did forget to mention earlier, is that if a winner wins at odds of, say 1.71 (i.e. Stockport County earlier tonight), the 2nd selection can be taken at odds of as little as 1.21 to guarantee a 'double-up' return on the original £2 stake. This fact may well be of some use when desperation sets in from Stage 3(ish) onwards! :ok

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness To start the weekend, here's 5 more for Friday evening:

NO.SELECTIONSODDS1
12KOBLENZ (+0.5) to beat OSNABRUCK1.68
13DEN BOSCH to beat TELSTAR1.48
14THISTED to beat HJORRING1.52
15OFTASPOR (+1.5) to beat BESIKTAS1.71
16DERRY to beat SLIGO ROVERS1.62

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness 3 from 5 tonight wasn't bad I guess - pretty much went with what was expected from the odds. Not going to waste space by posting the full list every 5 minutes, so here's a brief summary of Stage 1 so far:

• 1st SELECTIONS BACKED: 16
  • 1st SELECTIONS WON: 11
  • 1st SELECTIONS LOST: 5
  • STRIKE RATE: 68.8%
  • RETURNS SO FAR: £34.36

:ok

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness Another busy weekend in the betting world. Here's Saturday afternoon's picks:

NO.SELECTIONSODDS1
17BIRMINGHAM (+0.5) to beat EVERTON1.65
18SHEFFIELD UTD (+0.5) to beat BURNLEY1.67
19CAMBRIDGE vs STAFFORD R, OVER 2.51.61
20DUISBURG (+1.5) to beat HAMBURG1.71
21BOLOGNA (+0.5) to beat CHIEVO1.64
22VARTEKS to beat SIBENIK1.56
:hope There'll quite possibly be more picks later this evening! :)

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness A good afternoon, 5 from 6 was a good result - let's hope it continues this evening...

NO.SELECTIONSODDS1
23SANTANDER (+0.5) to beat VALENCIA1.74
24GUIMARES (first goal) vs BOAVISTA1.55
25MONS to beat ROESELARE1.69
26WISLA KRAKOW to beat JAGIELLONIA1.61

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness The remainder of the 1st Selections from Stage 1 will be played throughout tonight's fixture list, as follows:

NO.SELECTION1BACK
42MONTPELLIER (+0.5) to beat BREST1.61
43GRENOBLE to beat NIORT1.63
44W.BREMEN to score 1st vs H.ROSTOCK1.64
45COTTBUS (+1.5) to beat SCHALKE1.69
46WOLFSBURG to beat BOCHUM1.73
47ALDERSHOT (+0.5) to beat EXETER1.65
48CRAWLEY vs GRAYS, OVER 2.51.86
49QUEENS PARK to beat BERWICK1.84
50QUEENS PARK vs BERWICK, OVER 2.51.70
:hope (The first matches kick-off at 1900BST)

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness

Nice going madness. The fact you've hit £85 already without the second legs of each bet yet looks good for the future.
Thanks mate :) Yeah, I'd like to think of it that way, but there's always the chance of some goddam awful luck in the 2nd selections of the stage!

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness 2ND SELECTIONS Apologies for slightly late posting, but just managed to place the first 2 in time before kick-off:

NO.SELECTION1BACKRESSELECTION2BACKRESRETURNDBL ODDS
1SCHALKE (+1.5) to beat BARCELONA1.64WSTUTTGART vs NURNBERG, OVER 1.51.29£3.222.12
2STOCKPORT to beat MANSFIELD1.71WBIELEFELD vs B.LEVERKUSEN, OVER 1.51.31£3.352.24
Note that the RETURNS column is actually the STAKE for the 2nd selection, and the DBL ODDS is the combined odds of the 'double' bet. *** Stuttgart are already 1-0 up :)

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness Saw the odds and couldn't let this one slip, Vasco da Gama play at a 90,000 capacity stadium, and against lower division opposition in the cup tonight, I cannot see it go any other way but a home win.

7SPORT vs BRASILIENSE, OVER 2.51.54WVASCO to beat CRICIUMA1.71£3.032.63
From the earlier bets, 3 of the 4 won, which gave me an overall profit on the night of 31p!!

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness Vasco did win 1:0, resulting in 4 wins from 5 '2nd selections' :) Tonight's football then:

9GETAFE vs BAYERN MUNICH, OVER 1.51.44WSCHAFFHAUSEN to beat DELEMONT1.602.30
10FIORENTINA TO SCORE vs PSV1.53WGAIS vs GOTHENBURG, 2+ GOALS1.372.10
11SP.LISBON vs RANGERS, UNDER 2.51.62WEVERTON vs CHELSEA, 2+ GOALS1.502.43
:hope:hope The Everton/Chelsea bet looks a bit risky - but both teams are quite capable of scoring goals, so why not tonight!

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness Cheers mate! :ok A few to get the weekend going:

14THISTED to beat HJORRING1.52WTOP OSS to beat EINDHOVEN1.382.10
15OFTASSPOR (+1.5) to beat BESIKTAS1.71WGO AHEAD EAGLES to beat HAARLEM1.592.72
17BIRMINGHAM (+0.5) to beat EVERTON1.65WWIDZEW vs POLONIA, 2+ GOALS1.502.48

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness Over in the U.S. of A. there's a few bets to be taken in the tennis...

24GUIMARAES 1st GOAL vs BOAVISTA1.55WE.DEMENTIEVA to beat P.SCHNYDER1.512.34
27UTRECHT (+0.5) to beat DE GRAAFSCHAP1.53WM.FISH to beat O.HERNANDEZ1.612.46
I've skipped a couple of bets out so that I can take these two bets in positions where higher odds were required to meet the combined odds criteria. i.e: the next slot for a 2nd selection required odds of just 1.21, whereas slot 24 required odds of at least 1.34. By taking this option, I will not lose as much should these slightly higher-odds bets fail to win. :hope