The 8 Stages Of Madness

madnesstiger

THE 8 STAGES OF MADNESS References: "Evil's Quest For Glory" thread on PuntersLounge, by EvilChris. "EvilChris V2" thread on PuntersLounge, by Djlion. Background: I was browsing through the GH threads the other night when I came across (not literally!) EvilChris's 'Quest For Glory'. Having read through all 9 pages, observing the system and his results, the cogs started revolving upstairs and knew I had to give this system a shot. There were 3 main reasons for this... (a)the most you could possibly lose was your initial stake, (b)with only a small amount of luck, it seemed quite straight forward to make a profit of some sort, with the potential of some seriously big wins, and ©with any luck, it would last longer than a week! The System: If you haven't read the threads mentioned above, here's how it works in principle:

• Starting bank of £100 is split into 50 sub-banks each containing £2
  • Place (50) 100% bets with each sub-bank at a selection with odds of (roughly) 2.00

• Returns from winning bets are then split into 'x' sub-banks of £4, which are then again wagered on selections at 2.00.
  • This is continued until there is only 1 or 2 sub-banks remaining, at which point I either bank the profit and start a new 'run' or I continue until I'm in profit (or go bust!)

Here's how the staking works:

• Stage 1 - Bets of £2 to win £4
  • Stage 2 - Bets of £4 to win £8
  • Stage 3 - Bets of £8 to win £16
  • Stage 4 - Bets of £16 to win £32
  • Stage 5 - Bets of £32 to win £64
  • Stage 6 - Bets of £64 to win £128
  • Stage 7 - Bets of £128 to win £256
  • Stage 8 - Bets of £256 to win £512
At no point will I go beyond Stage 8 (should I ever get there!) - any profits will be banked and a new 'run' will commence. From a mathematical point, you would expect on average 25 wins from the first 50 bets, 12 wins from those 25, 6 wins from those 12 and so on. Using the table above, the sub-banks should run out at around stage 6 (at approx 35% loss on initial bankroll). However, with a bit of luck, and careful thinking about each selection, I cannot see why EvilChris's successful attempt cannot be reproduced here (He made £450 profit from his first published attempt). Should this system result in failure - I know I only stand to lose £100 max. Should a success occur, I will decide what to do with the winnings when I get there! Rules:
  • All bets are placed through Betfair via the third-party application 'Oddzbreaker'

• Any returns quoted will be 'post-commission'.
  • Although most selections will be no higher than odds of ~2.40, should a value selection be noticed at higher odds, I will go ahead and take it.

• I will stick solely to bets on football & tennis (my 2 stronger sports)

Free Spreadsheet! "The 8 Stages of Madness Spreadsheet" <<< click to download! (in .xls format) Last update: 30th March 2008. Instructions: 1. Insert your starting bankroll into the appropriate cell on the first sheet - 'STAGE 1' 2. Insert your selections and markets into the grid on STAGE 1. 3. Insert the BACK odds (in decimal format). There is a little calculator in the top-right in which to work out the BACK odds incase you do place any LAY bets. 4. Insert the result (enter W for a win, L for a loss) 5. Insert any returns from winning bets. 6. THERE IS NO NEED TO UPDATE ANY OTHER CELLS. From the information you give it, the spreadsheet will calculate your total returns and prepare the next stage's sheet for you. Also, the average odds and win/loss stats should update as you procede with your bets. 7. There is a separate sheet for each Stage of the system. Depending on your results, each sheet will advise you how many bets you must place for that stage, and any left-over winnings you have for a 'bonus bet'. Any problems - gimme a shout! PS: The currency is set to GBP (£). However, I have left the whole spreadsheet unlocked so that you can tweak it to your hearts content, and if needs be, you may alter the currency settings etc. Enjoy! MT :ok

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness Hi MT, just read your entire 100% Madness post, great job!!! Judging by your strike rate on that one, you'll have no problem dissipating the losses on this system. I'll be watching this one, and maybe follow some of that madness! Good Luck!

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness Thanks for the early votes of confidence guys! Shaitan, :welcome to the world of posting replies, and for 'popping your cherry' on my thread! ;) evilchris, Thanks for your support! Besides, if it weren't for you I wouldn't have spotted the idea in the first place. By all means I think you should have another crack at it. Like you said, I think it will be a 'fun' system to try with the realistic chance of a nice payout at the end! Try another go at it mate.. go-on, go-on, go-on, go-on, go-on, go-on.!! PS: You don't mind me putting the link to your thread in the first post do you? Should've asked first I guess! jq205 & HooLooVoo, Thanks for your replies - hope you will both follow the ups and downs on this one with me. HLV, I see you've already been tempted to have a go of your own - didn't take much persuading did it! Good Luck mate. *** SPREADSHEETS If you ARE about to try this system as I am myself, I am halfway through knocking-up a simple spreadsheet to help with the recording of the results etc. If anyone is interested, I will get it posted up in post #1 of this thread as soon as I can. Just incase you were going to do one yourselves, I could've saved you an hours' work (if you like it of course!). MT :ok

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness Good luck with this buddy! I hope your efforts are handsomely rewarded. :ok Will be keeping a close eye on for yout. :hope One thing though, your thread title makes out as though your going to be reckless, with silly bets and mad staking when in fact its a well thought out system! I know it's only a name and doesnt mean anything but don't want it detracting from your efforts. :ok

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness Hiya mate, good morning (ahem, afternoon) to you! Marketing, marketing, marketing son! :lol The hardest part of making a new thread is thinking of a name for it! It IS only a name in the end, but I like to put a bit of effort into it so as to attract more interest, and in turn more feedback. Well thats the theory anyway! It attracted you somehow anyway! As I like to include the word 'Madness' in all my titles, I sometimes struggle to think of a suitable name without it sounding too crazy! As for it being 'well thought-out' - we have Chris to thank for the 'thinking'.. I just geek it up a bit and blatantly copy it! Cheers m'fella - I'm sure you'll be keeping me on the straight and narrow with this! :D

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness I think I get you there! Yes, I place all 50 first round bets, and then move onto stage 2 with the returns from the stage 1 bets. Example: I win 23 bets in stage 1, which give returns of £93.24. I move onto stage 2 with 23 bets at £4 each. And 1 bet of £1.24.

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness Another concept that appears it will have it's fair share of followers. Credit to chris to bringing it to peoples attentions originally. I should have a nice extra lump in my paypacket this month due to a bonus and plenty of overtime so may give it a go myself. Baseball season has just started too so should supply plenty of EVS money chances on the runlines. As I said, Ive got spare cash this month so there's a few ideas Im planning on trying out. Sadly my work hours, and the fact that horse form is usely studied once at work, limits how much I can document on here as alot of bets are placed while at work via betfair moblle but no proper internet access to post them on here before the event. Good luck with this madness and lets hope you can emulate chris's success.

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness Cheers mate :) It is quite an attractive system to try as there IS a set amount you can stand to lose. You are quite right to mention markets such as 'run-lines' in the NBA etc as the odds usually are quite even. Another point to make with making backing selections like these, is that the smaller number of selections available, the more chance you have from the start. e.g. In an over/under market there are just 2 selections. In a football match odds market, there are 3 selections (home,draw,away). For this reason I will probably tend to steer clear of 'match odds' market in the football, and maybe look at the asian handicaps instead. Look forward ot seeing your attempt, should you go ahead with one. :ok

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness STAGE 1 - 50x £2 BETS BET1: TOTTENHAM VS NEWCASTLE UTD, FIRST HALF OVER 1.5 @ 2.70 :) +3.23 BET2: LIVERPOOL VS EVERTON, FERNANDO TORRES TO SCORE @ 2.14 :) +2.17 BET3: REAL MADRID VS SEVILLA, SEVILLA TO SCORE FIRST @ 2.46 :hope BET4: NAPOLI VS PALERMO, OVER 2.5 GOALS @ 2.24 :hope

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness Good luck madness, i remember reading evil chris's original take on this the first time round and the results were amazing. So good luck with this and hope you achieve similar rsults. Will keep checking in;)

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness Hmmmm. This is interesting. Is that software you use worth purchasing madness? I've used BetAngel before, and read all the rave reviews etc, but the software in itself was a let down. Very confusing, and not very user friendly. Often had log-in problems too. Also, I would have a certain amount of trouble keep the challenge bank seperate to my other BF bank. Currently, I do the 1.5 overs goals thread, and only because of the logs in there do I manage to distinguish what to bet on.! Is there any way I could create a new BF account just for the £100, even though I don't wish to allocate more cards to my BF account? (Only have 2, but the misses would kill me if I put more on.!)

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness

Hmmmm. This is interesting. Is that software you use worth purchasing madness? I've used BetAngel before' date=' and read all the rave reviews etc, but the software in itself was a let down. Very confusing, and not very user friendly. Often had log-in problems too. Also, I would have a certain amount of trouble keep the challenge bank seperate to my other BF bank. Currently, I do the 1.5 overs goals thread, and only because of the logs in there do I manage to distinguish what to bet on.! Is there any way I could create a new BF account just for the £100, even though I don't wish to allocate more cards to my BF account? (Only have 2, but the misses would kill me if I put more on.!)[/quote'] By 'the software', I take it you mean Oddzbreaker? If so, then 'Yes', I would recommend it as I have never really had any problems with it (can only remember maybe 1 or 2 occurrences of login problems). I haven't used BetAngel before so cannot compare the two, I just know that I would not be able to revert to just using the BF site to place my bets anymore! As for creating separate accounts, it sounds like you have as much trouble as I do with looking after multiple systems with one account! Cannot help you there mate, sorry!

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness

By 'the software', I take it you mean Oddzbreaker? If so, then 'Yes', I would recommend it as I have never really had any problems with it (can only remember maybe 1 or 2 occurrences of login problems). I haven't used BetAngel before so cannot compare the two, I just know that I would not be able to revert to just using the BF site to place my bets anymore! As for creating separate accounts, it sounds like you have as much trouble as I do with looking after multiple systems with one account! Cannot help you there mate, sorry!
Then I shall purchase Oddzbreaker.! (Is it easy to use, lol) As for the multiple accounts :wall I would REALLY appreciate it if BF allowed multiple wallets. It wouldn't effect them in any way.!

Re: The 8 Stages Of Madness It would be nice to be able to create multiple wallets on BF! By all means download the 15-day trial of Oddzbreaker from their website, see what you think. Like I said, I couldn't live without it (Just be careful that you don't set the refresh rate too fast as BF have started charging for refreshing too quickly). I think it's easy to use, although I do suggest putting it into 'training mode' first just to get used to the different buttons etc. :ok