** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

eSport Heads Up League

GaF

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: eSport Heads Up League Just been speaking to livehelp, think they hate me:lol:lol Chris says:

hi eSport says: hi Chris says: can i ask what is happening with regard to the problems in the HU league last tuesday? Chris says: sorry i mean this tuesday match day 13 Chris says: i've just seen the scores have been added eSport says: what problems been there? Chris says: people couldn't register or log in to pokerroom - if you check it you will see there were 5 matches with only 1 person registered and another 2 matches matches where 2 were registered and only one was playing eSport says: arf eSport says: didnt know about the UK having connection problems at that time Chris says: ok Chris says: also what is happening regarding the gaps in the table? eSport says: We are just testing today our new backend tool, to fill those gaps manually eSport says: should be on the LIVE system this weekend or monday latest Chris says: right, so will the results from match day 13 stand? eSport says: have to discuss that internally cant tell you right now Chris says: has a decision been made about matchday 8 where there were also connection problems for some players? eSport says: yap, those games are replayed on 27. of may eSport says: email with infos about to get sent Chris says: that's bad - rearranging one of the thursday games on a tuesday lol eSport says: well, you play anyway on a tuesday eSport says: and it will be scheduled an hour later Chris says: that's ok but i generally can't play on tuesdays - that is the big problem with this league, people had to qualify before knowing what the schedule will be Chris says: any chance of changing the format of the playoffs to allow everyone through because of the problems we've had so far with pokerroom? Chris says: thanks eSport says: sry, phone Didn't say anything after that:unsure:unsure

Re: eSport Heads Up League We did finish the conversation..... eSport sent 16/05/2008 13:39:

re eSport sent 16/05/2008 13:39: what you exactly mean by changing the format? Chris says: i mean the number of qualifiers - a lot of people have missed a lot of games because they didn't know the schedule when they qualified - so a large portion of the league is basically who has got the most "free wins" which isn't exactly fair Chris says: also i can't play most tuesdays and wouldn't have tried to qualify for the league if i'd known most games were on tuesdays eSport says: ah eSport says: hmm, I will discuss that with the others here. get back to me next week about that. Chris says: ok thanks Thanks Joachim:ok

Re: eSport Heads Up League

So basically you want to get free entry from the league to the next round because you chose to be doing other stuff on most of the nights the league runs. I've got to admire your chutzpah.:rollin
Well if they released the schedule before the tournament to qualify for this I wouldn't have bothered entering;). It must be the same for other people too as every matchday there are some who don't register and some (like me) who register and sit out. It's also not fair on the other players, as a most basic example the players who are drawn to play me on a Tuesday are more likely to qualify than the ones who are drawn to play me on a Thursday:\. I'd imagine from the randomness of the draw there will be 1 or 2 players who get say 4 "free wins" and there will be some who get 0 or 1. At least some of this must be attributed to releasing the schedule after the qualifying tournament. Different (better) approaches would have been to give people a timeframe to play each game then we could decide the times to play (like the PL Heads Up tournament happening now). Or to find a method of fairly not counting the games where one person doesn't turn up - my idea for this would be only take the results where both have turned up, so long as at least 50% of games have been played, and convert the results into a win %. The problems with matchdays affected by problems with pokerroom are also a concern. Matchday 8 which was one of the few Thursday games that I knew I could play - and I could log in - is now rescheduled for a Tuesday (also my Birthday) which I probably won't be able to play. The decision on matchday 13 hasn't been made yet - where I couldn't log in - but I'll probably be screwed there too:lol:lol. ...and it's worth a shot:tongue2

Re: eSport Heads Up League Just won a half hour tussle with Burnley Joe...like a roller coaster then my flush draw paid off for once. Good game Joe :clap ...now, no doubt the write up will have me near the top but will the table reflect this??? Doubt it :sad

Re: eSport Heads Up League

Live support told me we are repeating the games that were cancelled a few weeks ago @ 9pm tonight - have eSport made an announcement?:lol:lol:lol
Would that be the game between you and me then Mr I. If so I've heard nowt and it ain't in the lobby....:rollin:rollin:rollin