ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar Berrer-Haase Well this match is the same like few days ago in Rotterdam but here I will back Berrer.He is very good defensive player has solid serve and he can cause lot of problems young Dutch.Haase is player I rate good but he is young only 20 years and Berrer has 28 so you can see who is experienced here.Haase played tournament of his life last week but Llodra was too much for him and he played there excellent and he must be little bit tired,physically and mentally and experienced Berrer should take adventage of that.He had chance in Rotterdam to beat him were he had lead 1-0 in sets and three break points in second set but he blew that away.Now he will want his revenge if he can play on same level as in Rotterdam Berrer should take this consider Haase is very young and unexperienced. Pick:Berrer @2.5 6/10

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar If I had to I would pick Spadea. He plays good recently, he is better player than Darcis ( although soon it might be conversely ) and he plays at home, where he is dangereous for everyone. Odds from pinnacle 1,69 seems to be juicy.

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar Really like the action in Mexico tonight.... HERNANDEZ @ 2.5 Ladbrokes. Before last week, Acasuso was struggling to put wins together. He got in going and made it to the final, where he was very close to beating Nalbandian. His last 3 matches were 3 setters, and at home being so close to beating Bandy must be a bit of an emotional drain. Going to Mexico he could struggle to reproduce that form, and he's the type to hit out and make a lot of errors when not playing well. Hernandez's form has been OK, the last two weeks he's lost to Moya and Almagro both in great form but he is struggling to put wins together. Both guys have reasonable records here. This is more of a play against Acasuso, but getting the best price at a one ball bookie against a guy who may be tired is pretty decent. VASSALLO ARGUELLO @ 2.2 expekt. Stand out price from expekt should definately be taken. This is a play against Massu. He's been shocking recently, losing from well ahead against Roitman in his home event then getting battered by Almagro and Volandri in his last two tournaments. Vassallo hasn't done much better, but his loss to Monaco was very close and he pushed Almagro into a couple of breakers. I think he's playing OK despite these losses, and against Massu who is surely short on confidence it's a great chance to get a win. See this as 50/50 at worst for VA. CHELA @ 1.75 Pinnacle. You won't believe it but I'm backing Chela again! Had a lot of fun backing Cuevas in Vina del Mar but going to have to go against him here. He's come through qualifying comfortably so should be match sharp but that looks to be factored into this price quite a lot. Chela finally started getting some wins last week before losing heavily to Nalbandian who played a great matches. Chela has an awesome record here going 15-5 including losing in the final in 2006 and champion in 2007. That sort of record has to be respected and starting to find form again I think it's a great spot for him today.

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar hi guys , i'm looking for a favourite player in tonights games to combine with Chela , and saw prices for M.Fish is slightly higher than the other hot fav.s . what do you think about this match ? is it worth to risk with chela ? or to try chela single ? :D waiting for opinions.thanks..

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar

hi guys , i'm looking for a favourite player in tonights games to combine with Chela , and saw prices for M.Fish is slightly higher than the other hot fav.s . what do you think about this match ? is it worth to risk with chela ? or to try chela single ? :D waiting for opinions.thanks..
Reynolds is a big serve who looks to be finding a bit of form and came through qualifying here. Fish is playing OK but sometimes makes it hard for himself and first serve % is crucial for him. Tiebreaks fairly likely so might make me want to swerve the big fav but Fish should win. Don't think any of the big favs tonight look very appealing, and I wouldn't want to be throwing in a guy like Calleri or Ventura for the sake of it:unsure.

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar Good thing about having a bad day on Monday is that you got all week to make it back..... HAASE @ 2.25 Stan James. Couple of guys who are bringing great form from last week. I'm more impressed with Haase, he backed it up yesterday against Berrer who I really thought would get the job done. Simon beat a qualifier ranked 455 and that was a tough first set so not sure he's bringing great play over. See this one being close and so like this price.

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar Hi guys, following picks for today: WTA TOUR, DUBAI DEMENTIEVA TO D A. BONDARENKO @ 1.35 at interwetten Dementieva looks to be in good form this year. Must be too consistent against an erratic Bondarenko + 2:0 H2H record. WTA TOUR, DUBAI JANKOVIC TO D MIRZA @ 1.3 at willhill Jankovic can probably beat Mirza anyway (just too consistent for her), but Mirza has been struggling this year mentally and physically (skipped home event in India saying she would never play there and retiring in 1st round of Doha last week). ATP TOUR, ZAGREB TIPSAREVIC TO D KARANUSIC @ 1.4 at pinnaclesports Tipsarevic is very talented and particularly on the fast indoor surface. Can basically beat anyone on the fast surfaces. Karanusic has a big serve but definetely will lose most of the baseline rallies to Tipsarevic.

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar VAIDISOVA @ 2.1 Betfred. I lost a hell of a lot on this match up at Wimbledon last year, still can't believe Vaidisova lost it. Anyway, today should be a good chance for her to get the win. Ivanovic injured her ankle last week and had to withdraw, no idea if she's 100% here but she probably hasn't been practicing that much and may not be sharp in her first match. Vaidisova has the game to match Ivanovic even when fully fit (watch the vid from Wimbledon last year!!) but mentally she's nowhere near as strong. Still I favour her today. She's been playing reasonable stuff without reaching finals and I think she's had a match here already which is a plus and I think she can take this one.

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar ALMAGRO @ 1.51 Pinnacle. Almagro is playing excellent stuff in South America at the moment and has to be the play here. He retired last week with a groin injury but put that down to the amounts of matches and he looked to be OK trashing Vanek yesterday 6-1 6-2. He beat Volandri a couple of weeks ago in Brasil despite a second set blip and I think he gets the job done again today. Almagro has a solid record here reaching semis and quarters in the last two years. Volandri is playing solid stuff at the moment, but just don't like how the game matches up for him and Almagro looks a good fav today. MONTANES @ 1.56 Betfair. I think Montanes has been playing well the past few weeks just not getting the wins and after a very good win over Andreev I think he can push on. Puyol has been OK the past few weeks qualifying in Vina del Mar and reaching second round then failing to qualify the next two weeks then qualifying here and beating a local wildcard. This will be a big step up against a guy like Montanes and I see him struggling. Really see this one being easy for Montanes so a pretty nice price.

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar BECKER @ 3.5 VC. Just the one dog for me in Memphis today but this price looks massive! Still not sure about Haas' shoulder, he beat Hartfeld in the first round to avenge the defeat a couple of weeks ago but that's not really impressive given Hartfelds hard court ability. He's going to have to serve pretty well here as this match should stay close given Beckers serve. Becker got a very good win in the first round against Vliegen who has found a bit of form and has a decent record here. Becker had been on a pretty bad run, but he showed last year in Toyko that indoors he can find form and when serving well can get some really good wins (like Moya and Berdych in Toyko). I just see this one being close, so willing to take my chances here with the big price I think should be more like 2.75.

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar Hi guys, following picks for today: WTA TOUR, MORGAN KEEGAN, MEMPHIS KVITOVA TO D KUDRYAVTSEVA @ 1.5 at willhill 17 years old Kvitova has a good attacking game to be in the top 10 - she defeated Medina Garrigues in Paris, was unlucky to lose to Dementieva in the 2nd round there and defeated Venus Williams yesterday. ATP TOUR, ZAGREB CILIC TO D BOLELLI @ 1.35 at betfair Big serving Cilic playing at home against Bolelli who is not at his best on fast surfaces. 6:3, 6:4 to Cilic last year in Moscow at similarly fast surface

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar hello i think Haas and Pippo wins today.. Tommys sholuder looks ok(if he was able to beat Hartfield) likes Memphis just cant see Becker overplay haas form the ground and maybe aalmagro wants to rest and play in doha i dont think that pippo is perfect matchup for him pippo had many chanses to break last time.. just my opinion

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar Even though everybody is saying that Dementieva should win against Bondarenko I think Alona can cause an upset today. She isn't at her best but neither is Elena. A 7-5 6-0 win over Schnyder is nothing since the swiss is playing terribly these days. Elena is not in best form. Odds of 4.1 on Bondarenko do seem generous and I think she has better chances of winning than the bookies present it.

Event Montanes v Grannollers
Selection Montanes
Strength 10/10
Date 27/02/2008
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.50 (Back)
Reasoning Montanes has been playing good tennis recently and seems to have a touch of class about him, something his opponent doesnt really have. Montanes has shown he is capable recently and impressed me when beating Andreev.

Event Acasuso v Canas
Selection Canas
Strength 5/10
Date 27/02/2008
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.83 (Back)
Reasoning I like Canas is a player and although this looks a close match up, when Canas is playing well he can be brilliant. He has played well against Federer in the past and I feel he may just get the better of Acasuso.

BECKER @ 3.5 VC. Just the one dog for me in Memphis today but this price looks massive! Still not sure about Haas' shoulder' date= he beat Hartfeld in the first round to avenge the defeat a couple of weeks ago but that's not really impressive given Hartfelds hard court ability. He's going to have to serve pretty well here as this match should stay close given Beckers serve. Becker got a very good win in the first round against Vliegen who has found a bit of form and has a decent record here. Becker had been on a pretty bad run, but he showed last year in Toyko that indoors he can find form and when serving well can get some really good wins (like Moya and Berdych in Toyko). I just see this one being close, so willing to take my chances here with the big price I think should be more like 2.75.
superb pick. have to admit I suspected Haas was over the injury problems and would probably take the title here.

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar Jankovic v Chakvetadze OVER 22.5 games @ 1.83 Will Hill. Just looking at a 3 setter here. Neither are at there best lately, and both seem to be prone to bursts of great play and periods of shocking errors. Jankovic has always been mentally strong, and Anna Chak seems to be developing a lot more fight so I see this one being very up and down. H2H is interesting, 6-2 to Chak but in the 6 completed matches 4 have gone to 3 sets. Fancy similar today, but don't ask me who's going to win! SCHIAVONE +5.5 games @ 1.83 Will Hill. 5.5 looks a bit mad here! H2H is 3-0 to Henin but all 3 have been close (Schiavone easily covering this number) including the last meeting in Australia this year. At that point I thought Schiavone was struggling for form a bit, but she looks better this week. She's beaten Bartoli and Bammer in this tournament so far which should help the confidence even though neither of those are at there best. Henin struggled a bit in winning Antwerp and again in her first match here so doesn't seem to be at her best. Yesterday to me her serve looked really poor which allowed Srebotnik to dictate on return and break far more often than you'd expect against Henin. I just expect this one to stay close although you'd always expect Henin to come through in the end.

Jankovic v Chakvetadze OVER 22.5 games @ 1.83 Will Hill. Just looking at a 3 setter here. Neither are at there best lately, and both seem to be prone to bursts of great play and periods of shocking errors. Jankovic has always been mentally strong, and Anna Chak seems to be developing a lot more fight so I see this one being very up and down. H2H is interesting, 6-2 to Chak but in the 6 completed matches 4 have gone to 3 sets. Fancy similar today, but don't ask me who's going to win!
Mr I - Why not just bet on a 3 set result. Its paying $2.43 @ Sportingbet.com.au and I'm sure you can get better around the traps.

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar A bleak day for Croatia:hope GABASHVILI @ 3.55 Sportingbet. Trying to sniff out another upset, and I fancy my chances here. Ljubicic has a great 11-1 record in this event but he's clearly not the player he was back then even though I thought he looked OK at the start of the year. He won the East London challenger a few weeks ago but I don't know, I'm not quite sure how the big guns that went there were treating it. This week he's come through against Gulbis and Zovko, but both matches have been pretty close and he could easily have dropped the second set in both matches. I wouldn't fancy him if the match got really tight and he got behind, unlike in previous years where he won a lot of 3 setters. Gabshvili is playing nice stuff the past few weeks, and got good wins over Ferrero and big serving Mahut last week. His flashy style could be a good thing in this one, as he'll be able to break Ljubicic if he can string a few together. Don't think this price should be any bigger than 3.00. HAASE @ 3.79 Pinnacle. Ancic has been playing well lately, not this price still looks too big. I've also heard Ancic has a back problem, but not too sure about that so not citing it as a factor. This one is mainly about Haase playing really well. He's backed up a strong week at home with two cracking wins over Berrer and Simon this week, and he's primed to take another big scalp like against Murray last week. He serves well enough to be able to hold comfortably enough, and should at least keep this tight. I'm not sure how Ancics grinding baseline play will stack up here, it will allow Haase to get into a rythem and he could start playing extremely well and giving the Croat a lot of problems. Ancic still a big favourite, but I really don't see Haase being more than a 2.5 shot here!!

Mr I - Why not just bet on a 3 set result. Its paying $2.43 @ Sportingbet.com.au and I'm sure you can get better around the traps.
Yeah that's another option. But my bets includes 7-6 7-5, 7-6 6-4, 7-6 7-6 etc combinations so is safer if it's really close but doesn't go to 3.

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar Hi guys, following picks for today: WTA TOUR, MORGAN KEEGAN, MEMPHIS ERAKOVIC TO D KUDRYAVTSEVA @ 1.67 at stan james Erakovic had very solid results in the last 6 months, has a better attacking game while Kudryavtseva has been out of form this year.