ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar

aww.. ima still lost about Over/under ** Games :wall thought ive learned about it at this point but naah at lest i Got my money back at Sportingbet.. how many games did the match end at?
In Jankovic v Chakvetadze? Chakvetadze retired after the first set so the bet will be void mate:ok

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar GUCCIONE +2.5 @ 1.83 Will Hill. I thought about taking Guccione as a decent dog here, but I think this looks very solid. It's just very tough to see beyond tie breaks here. To Jo played big serving Ljubicic in the semis of East London and lost in 2 tie breaks and played big serving Safin in the first round here and won in two tie breaks. Guccione is very capable indoors, he lost first round last week in a match involving 2 tie breaks (granted he was broken and lost the first set 6-3) and in the first round here beat Kendrick in 2 tie breaks. The only way either of these guys is going to be broken is if they play a shocking game on there own serve, mainly because Johansson doesn't have the groudies he did a couple of years ago but still serves pretty well. Let's decide it in the tiebreaks and Guccione covers the 2.5. BJORKMAN @ 2.5 Stan James. I still don't like Querrey, and after his (lucky) run in Delray Beach he has been poor. Losing to Gremelmayr indoors at home is shocking and yesterday he was awful against Russell who had a shoulder injury which he had treatment for in the second set. Bjorkman surprised me a lot beating Capdeville in the first round, and looking at his stats he was very good on serve. If Bjorkman has come to play then he will be a major handful for Querrey, who I expect to see cracking under the pressure of Bjorkmans net rushing style.

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar MASSU @ 3.6 Pinnacle. Interesting match here, and I think Massu looks too big. Almagro has been playing very well lately, and got an easy win over Massu in the first round a couple of weeks ago. I can't say much against Almagro, he's playing really well and getting results but I just think he's a little short here. Massu has been poor lately taking 3 first round losses in South America in the past few weeks. However, he's got 2 nice wins here over Arguello and Moya and played extremely well in the later. From somewhere he's found some form and should be fresh here, and I'll take my chances on the upset here.

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar Hi guys, following pick for today: WTA TOUR, ACAPULCO PENNETTA TO D KANEPI @ 1.32 at betfair Pennetta is a top clay court player of 2008 so far winning the title in Chile without dropping a set, including defeating kanepi by 6:3, 6:3 and continuing her form in Acapulco (with 6:0 in sets). Kanepi is a good player on faster surfaces but on clay she would be too inconsistent for Pennetta.

Not a bad day yesterday. Lots of winners but the 3 big prices lost despite all going 3 sets and having chances:sad
are u thinking on ljubicic and ancic? hehe yep, 3 sets but opponent without chances:clap

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar BOLELLI @ 1.67 Betfair. Tough match to call here, but I'm willing to side with the favourite who has far more class. Stakhovsky is on a roll, he's ranked 209 and played in qualifiers but lost final round against Kavcic! He got in as a lucky loser and has beaten Karlovic, Troicki and Tipsarevic which is a pretty incredible run. His last 4 matches have been 3 setters and now coming to the business end of the tournament I wonder if he's 'done'. Bolelli has been very solid this week, hasn't dropped a set including a very good win over Cilic. I think he can grind another win here at a pretty reasonable price.

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar have to say few words about ancic and ljubicic u can find infos on other forumsthat ancic is on great level and ljubicic isnt so good. that is stupid i watched all games from both players and ljubicic is on higher level here. his serve is perfect with power around 225 km/h, a lot of aces and that is the most important here. ancic isnt so good on serve. low % of first serve. bad game from field, but somehow he managed to break opoonent easilly, but he struggles. it is tough to call here and will skip but i wanted to say something as person who saw all games here. little advantage to ljubicic45%ancic 55 % ljubicic

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar ANCIC -1.5 games @ 1.83 William Hill. Straight win also looks good here, but I'd expect this to be -2.5 so I'm going to risk a little more. Ljubicic was poor yesterday off the ground, Gabashvili just couldn't take advantage and in parts was awful himself. Ancic is very solid off the ground and aggressive on mid court balls which I think will be crucial here as Ljubicic hits a lot of loopy short balls. Ljubicics serve was pretty good yesterday, but he's going to rely on it all the time and I don't think he has that consistency anymore. Ancic was decent against the tough challenge of Haase, and I expect him to get the upperhand here. H2H is 3-1 to Ljubicic, but all when he much more of a force - and Ancic still managed to get a win indoors.

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar BECKER @ 1.85 Will Hill. I have to favour Becker in this one, and this price seems quite reasonable. As I said a couple of days ago he is capable of getting on a roll indoors and will be very tough to beat. He gave through against Haas (who is still struggling with his shoulder) in a really tight match and beating the big name German should give him a lot of confidence. Darcis has done well to get a couple of wins, but I just see him having more problems holding serve and I make Becker a solid fav. YOUNG @ 2.09 Pinnacle. Old school or New school? Bjorkman came through for me yesterday in a final set tie break against (mug) Querrey but I think that's making him a false fav here. I think he's going to struggle to back that up today against the dynamic game of Young. I think Youngs movement and power off the ground will be the difference between yesterday and today - he should be able to force the Swede into a lot more tough volleys and I fancy him to get ahead in a lot of Bjorkmans service games. Doesn't mean he's going to breakthrough, but at this price I think he's worth a go.

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar GUCCIONE @ 2.25 Ladbrokes. Definately taking this at a 1 ball bookie. Stepanek has pulled out of the doubles with a back problem which makes sence of his big struggle with Serra in the last round. Guccione is playing pretty well, and got a good win over Johansson in the last round. He's serve well, and is always a handful indoors as he showed pushing Roddick to a final set tie break las week. H2H is 1-0 to Guccione with a win in Sydney at the start of the year.

Becker wins 1 game:$:$. Ancic set and a break down depsite being the best player by far in the 1st set. I'm just not with it this week:sad
...and Bjorkman wins a final set tie break - can't wait for next week:lol:lol:lol

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar KUZNETSOVA @ 1.61 Pinnacle. Have to favour Kuzzy strongly here. Dementieva is coming off two very tough matches both of which have had late finishes. She looked to be struggling physically yesterday the thing one Schiavone was struggling more, and I think that will be a major factor today. Kuznetsova made a big comeback against Jankovic but she has looked pretty decent I think this week. H2H is 5-3 to Kuznetsova including winning the last 3 (last one a retirement) and I don't see much in Dementievas favour today.

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar SODERLING @ 1.51 Betfair. This price is dropping at bookies, so getting on it early. Soderling has been excellent since returning from injury, with his record at 9-2 and he got his best win against Roddick last night. I see him backing that up against Stepanek here, who to be fair is playing really well himself. But I see Soderling being more solid on serve, and should be able to control a lot of the back court rallies with his long swings. Stepanek will try to mix it up and come to the net, but I fancy Soderling to come up with enough passing shots to break through.

SportTennis
EventSoderling-Stepanek
SelectionSoderling win
Strength10/10
Date01/03/2008
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.47 (Back)
ReasoningWell I am surprised for so low odds on this match but on the other hand if you look Soderling form after injury it looks fair.Stepanek is good player very experienced but I just cannot see him through to Final.He had lot troubles yesterday in first set against Guccione a solid player and won in tie-break and in seconde Guccione play fail and he easily beat him.Soderling beat Roddick in two sets and showed great game.He is serving excellent and he is improving in match to match in his play in field.In H2H Soderling leads 2-1 but they play only once on hard and Soderling beat him 6-4,6-3.I expect similar result one break to Soderling in each set and his great service should do job.

SportTennis
EventPennetta-Cornet
SelectionPennetta win
Strength10/10
Date01/03/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.46 (Back)
ReasoningI usually try to skip betting on women tennis as it very hard to predict but here I just cannot miss playing on Pennetta.Flavia played great tournament here she beat each opponent very easy and she didn’t drop a set.It looks that she likes to play in South America.She is holding her serve very good and her play in field is also very good and she pushes her opponents in every game.Cornet is young and talented player she has only 18 years and her time Is yet to come.In this tournament she showed mixed play she can played some moments excellent but some were horrible and that is normall for young player.This two have met once and Pennetta took win last year in Acapulco 7-5,6-4 and I not see reason not to do that again.