ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar SANTORO @ 1.73 Pinnacle. Rochus looks to be completely gone at the moment. Last week he was awful against Karlovic, losing 6-1 6-2. He couldn't serve, couldn't rally and couldn't hit passing shots. Santoros form is pretty up and down these days, he's 9-5 this year (3 of the losses against Davydenko, Tursunov and Federer) but was disappointing last week losing 6-1 6-1 to Beck. I'm willing to say that is more of a blip, whilst Rochus' loss is a result of more long term awful form. H2H is surprising 3-0 to Rochus but all were a while ago and Rochus is nowhere near that level anymore.

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar King @1.73 Pinnacle v Dubois Memphis WTA King on home soil against an opponent who has recently been out injured. Neither of these two are great players but King should have a solid advantage here and her form is marginally better this season.

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar What about Almagro - Vanek -2 ? Almagro retired with Chela because of groin injury. Is he fully fit now or Vanek can beat him? Also Osterloh- Georges -2 Lillia had problems with right shoulder and she is already "not young" player while Georges is young player. I know that in Pattaya Osterloh wasnt in great form and now when she also got injury its a good chance for German player. What do you think Mr. Insenity?

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar Clearly it's just about Almagros injury as fully fit he's a certainty against Vanek. No idea how bad he is - in the last 10 days I've heard his problems have been stomach, heat exhaustion and groin:\. Don't follow the lower ranked ladies, so have no idea about Osterloh. I remember seeing Georges against Henin and I liked her, but I haven't really been following her results. Sorry that's not much help, and probably too late:unsure

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar

i wouldnt trust rochus or santoro as far as i could chuck them i wouldnt be suprised see either win and i would think it would go 2-0 either way cant see a 2-1 at all
Well you could chuck them further than you could chuck John Isner:lol:lol

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar CAPDEVILLE @ 1.66 Pinnacle. I think time is finally starting to catch up with Bjorkman. In the Davis Cup tie in Isreal he was losing serve too regularly and although he got a win against Levy he ain't up to much. He lost first round against a nobody in East London but won the doubles and I think he's here to concentrate on doubles too. He has a 1-3 record in the singles in Memphis losing to guys outside the top 70. Capdeville I think is playing pretty decent this year. He's been losing to quality opposition and still putting in decent performances and this must look like a great chance to get a win. He reached the quarters here as a qualifier in 2006 getting great wins over Robredo and Karlovic so he should like the place and is a solid fav for me. ISNER @ 2.08 Pinnacle. Have to fancy tie breaks, so pay your money and make your choice. I'm going for Isner, played well last week and I can see him getting on a roll in this tournament. Melzers form has been pretty up and down. He can be very good indoors, but mentally he can go and one slip is all it will take for a set to go. This probably isn't great value, but anything above 2.00 is worth a shot. MONTANES @ 3.11 Pinnacle. This match happened last week, with Andreev coming through a final set tie break. That showed how close these guys are at the moment, so I'm willing to take this price against Andreev who gets over rated easily. After coming through that match, Andreev beat Vanek but lost the 2nd set 6-0 and lost to Acasuso including losing a set 6-1. Those lapses just show where his game is and how it can go off very easily. Montanes is solid, and hopefully he can get over the line here. I know the H2H is 4-0 to Andreev, but the last 2 have gone to final set tie breaks so could easily have gone the other way. Don't think this should be over 2.5.

WTF was Santoro doing? Retired when apparently nothing wrong with him!
Didn't look to be moving too well the whole match. Pointed at his groin/hip when he retired so must be something that was bothering him before the match:unsure

What about Falla?I think that he is closer to take this.H2H 1-0 on hard against Sella 6-3' date='6-0?[/quote'] Yeah I was looking at that one and close to taking Falla. He played really well indoors last year. Thing is, I never seem to do very well backing him and I don't think I'd make him much shorter than what is available - certainly don't think he should be below 1.50. Sela I think should be doing better than he is - he really should be pushing on and getting solidly into the top 50 pretty soon. Also he pulled out of Delray Beach for "personal reasons" and I don't know what they are which put me off.

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar Sela wins tonight. He is so much better than he was 3 years ago, so there is no reason to mention Falla's win in their last meeting. For those who say that Sela has poor serve, they probably haven't watched Sela's serve in the last year. He improved his serve so much and now he makes many free points with his serve. good luck

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar Respect boys, I watched today match between Franko Skogur(cro) - Koubek This was first match on atp tour on high level tournament for Skogur , this guy is very big ...has good forehand but bad backhand...also he is very young (20 years old).Koubek played I think 405 match on atp tour at this level, he is very experienced player. In the start of the match Skugor was brilliant....koubek was on the other side very bad.He was helpless. The match was very alive....Skugor won the first set...and had koubek on his knees in the second set....but he got scared of the oportunity and he lost in the end second set on tie break, and third 6 0.Koubek played in the third set impresive every ball. I guess the experience won this young rookie who has a lot to offer to world of tennis yet in the future.

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar Tomorrow Cilic playes his first match after long period. He was on vacation after his best result of career on Australian open in his birthplace Medugorje with his family. 26.02.2008 he playes against Garcia-Lopez. I don not know if this will affect...and is Cilic in form and fit enough to beat Garcia-Lopez. If somebody have some opinion...please state it sorry if my english is bad. Also we have Karlovic aka div sa salate (giant from salata), who was beaten last year in the first day.I hope this year he will be a little bit better...he player against lucky looser Stakhovky who jumped in after llodra canceled his trip to Zagreb. Mario Ancic who canceled his tour on last week beacuse of virouse...in the media sa he is feel good and fit for tomorow.

CAPDEVILLE @ 1.66 Pinnacle. I think time is finally starting to catch up with Bjorkman. In the Davis Cup tie in Isreal he was losing serve too regularly and although he got a win against Levy he ain't up to much. He lost first round against a nobody in East London but won the doubles and I think he's here to concentrate on doubles too. He has a 1-3 record in the singles in Memphis losing to guys outside the top 70. Capdeville I think is playing pretty decent this year. He's been losing to quality opposition and still putting in decent performances and this must look like a great chance to get a win. He reached the quarters here as a qualifier in 2006 getting great wins over Robredo and Karlovic so he should like the place and is a solid fav for me. ISNER @ 2.08 Pinnacle. Have to fancy tie breaks, so pay your money and make your choice. I'm going for Isner, played well last week and I can see him getting on a roll in this tournament. Melzers form has been pretty up and down. He can be very good indoors, but mentally he can go and one slip is all it will take for a set to go. This probably isn't great value, but anything above 2.00 is worth a shot. MONTANES @ 3.11 Pinnacle. This match happened last week, with Andreev coming through a final set tie break. That showed how close these guys are at the moment, so I'm willing to take this price against Andreev who gets over rated easily. After coming through that match, Andreev beat Vanek but lost the 2nd set 6-0 and lost to Acasuso including losing a set 6-1. Those lapses just show where his game is and how it can go off very easily. Montanes is solid, and hopefully he can get over the line here. I know the H2H is 4-0 to Andreev, but the last 2 have gone to final set tie breaks so could easily have gone the other way. Don't think this should be over 2.5.
Great shout on Montanes :ok Others still finely balanced, although Bjorkman seems to be serving worryingly well :\

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar Falla won with ease 6-4,6-2.He played very good on his service didnt let any break Sela while he break once Sela in first set and then trashed him in second.Sela to nervous here very glad to took this bet.We will see some matches for tommorow but on first look Ancic and Cilic looks very good for me.

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar Radwanska @2.3 CB Dubai WTA v Chakvatadze Seems a bit of value here. The Pole is in fine form with a win in Pattaya and a good performance last week in Doha. Chakvatadze doesn't seem at her peak losing to Li in the 2nd round in Doha. She's played far less games than Radwanska this year and there's a decent chance she'll be caught out here

Radwanska @2.3 CB Dubai WTA v Chakvatadze Seems a bit of value here. The Pole is in fine form with a win in Pattaya and a good performance last week in Doha. Chakvatadze doesn't seem at her peak losing to Li in the 2nd round in Doha. She's played far less games than Radwanska this year and there's a decent chance she'll be caught out here
don't you think that Radwanska is really tired now? I think this will be tight match but I see Chakvetadze as a winner @ the end so im playin her

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar Bammer - Makarova Taking Bammer at 1.43 at betfair. See this as value, because Makarova got in the Championship because both players she played in the qualifiers retired. One of them was Danilidou. Bammer's form is good enough to beat a player like Makarova anyway, and the way she made it to the Championship makes me think she can't really do much today against Bammer.

don't you think that Radwanska is really tired now? I think this will be tight match but I see Chakvetadze as a winner @ the end so im playin her
I tottaly agree with this pick !!! I saw Aga against Sharapova in semi-final 3 days ago and I have to admitt that I was surprised she reached playing in semis. Starting from Australian Open she is playing almost all the time, without any break to rest...

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar Hi everyone! I'm new face on this forum. First of all I'd like to praise Mr. Intensity's work. Great picks and interesting predictions. Now let's take some action. For today one match I see worth of consideration. Ventura - Cesar Ramirez 2:0 1,8 (bet365, bet-at-home) Ventura is playing some decent stuff on clay this season. He is very experienced and he's typical claycourter with good results. On the other hand we have home player, rising star of mexican tennis - Cesar Ramirez who is ranked on 4th place in junior ranking. However, there is huge gap between junior level and senior ( just have a look at slow progression of Donald Young who used to be the best junior). I studied Ramirez'es results on senior tour and they are miserable. In conclusion odds worth betting IMO. I'm interesting on others members views ( especially Mr. Intensity) on match Acasuso - Hernandez. As we all know Acasuso is a big choker, you never know what you can expect from him. He reached final in BA and now he will face very tough opponent in first round. Odds on hernandez are already dropping but still around 2,7 maybe are worth of shot???

Re: ATP Acapulco/Memphis/Zagreb & WTA Acapulco/Memphis/Dubai 25th Feb - 2nd Mar FOGNINI @ 1.9 Pinnacle. Everyone knows I like Fognini, and I've been backing him quite a lot lately, and I see no reason to stop today. He's been in very good form in South America lately, going 6-3 and pushed champion Nalbandian extremely hard last week. Hornas form has been average at best, continuing last week when he was shocking after being a set up against Horna. Fognini is higher ranked, better form, younger, more potential - surely a bigger favourite than this. SPADEA @ 1.69 Pinnacle. Spadea looks a solid price to me. He's been playing well this year even though he disappointed me a couple of weeks ago against Querrey. He pulled out of San Jose with a foot injury but if he's OK here then should have few problems. I'm not sure about Darcis since getting hammered by Hewitt in Australia, and not sure about him in USA at the moment either. He lost to Levine last week and this should be a much tougher test that I don't see him getting through. BERRER @ 2.5 Bet365. This meeting happened last week with Haase coming through 5-7 6-3 6-3. It was a very close match and could have gone either way. That was with Haase playing brilliant stuff in his home tournament. Not sure about him this week, he's had a lot of problems with consistancy and can you be sure he'll be up for it? Berrer is good indoors, and this is a perfect revenge spot.