** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Yet Another Paul Ross Ratings System - Part 2

Grex

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Yet Another Paul Ross Ratings System - Part 2

BOL Grex.. do you check the asian handicap section of bet365 whenever you get yr odds? Because sometimes the (0) option gives better odds than the DNB option.
Good idea.... AH(0) is not always available on Bet365. However, if you try Pinnacle, they offer a selection of AHs and I must say that the odds are significantly different from the Bet365 DNB odds... sometimes worse, but usually better. For example, the BET365 DNB odds on my Notts County selection were 1.95, whereas the Pinnacle AH(0) odds were 2.25 :loon. (Notts County lost anyway :() Thanks for the tip, Averick.... I will put the best option in my future selections.

Re: Yet Another Paul Ross Ratings System - Part 2 Welcome Grex.. just thought i would bring this to your attention. B365 often has many duplicate odds, e.g. asian total goals and goal line, DNB and Asian Handicap, Asian Handicap and handicap result etc, and occasionally you can find a nice odd or two. Do you keep a record of how your outsider away favs do?

Do you keep a record of how your outsider away favs do?
When I was doing the back-testing (3,000 samples), I found that "aways" performance was poor at odds of less than 1.6..... however, performance continued to be positive above 1.6, with no upper "cut-off" limit on the odds. Inevitably, the performance on odds of greater than, say, 3.0 is going to be more unstable, but historical performane indicates that, in the long term, there will be profit on the long odds..... shall we see :tongue2 Analysis of "live" performance since since 25/10/08, suggests that performance on away odds greater than 3.0 has been poor.... but I shall persevere with the "outsiders" for a little longer (e.g. Villareal tonight) :ok

Well done, Joe..... yield on your Aways remains excellent..... but perhaps you should "ditch" the Homes? ;)
Not at all, I'm sure that the homes will come good :) Just that I know the aways aren't sustainable at 31%, I know that the homes won't stay at -24% for too much longer (he said hopefully).

Re: Yet Another Paul Ross Ratings System - Part 2 My bets for today are Aways: Aston Villa 2.48 Ipswich 3.10 Wolves 1.90 Scunthorpe 2.80 Bristol Rvs 4.33 Rochdale 2.88 Chesterfield 3.10 Kettering Town 2.72 Burton 2.02 Woking 2.60 Lyon 2.00 Rennes Price TBC Ath Madrid 2.20 Dag and Red 2.75 Homes: Fulham 2.25 Bolton 2.30 Norwich 2.10 Leicester 2.02 Millwall 1.48 Northampton 2.20 Swindon 2.10 Aldershot 1.80 Grays 1.25 St Etienne 1.97 Lazio 1.97 Real Madrid 2.00

Re: Yet Another Paul Ross Ratings System - Part 2 Wow, if Carlsberg made football results............ I managed to get 19 out of 26 winners yesterday :) My standings are now: Results Summary: Aways: Bets 37 Winners 23 Profit £16.14 Yield 43.62% Homes: Bets 45 Winners 22 Profit -£1.01 Yield -2.25% All Bets: Bets 82 Winners 45 Profit £15.13 Yield 18.45%

Re: Yet Another Paul Ross Ratings System - Part 2 Amazing, Joe........ :clap:clap:clap:clap Good thing you didn't give up on the homes, as I suggested a few days ago ;) BTW, you refer to getting your bets being matched, so I assume you bet on an exchange; do your statistics take commission into account?

Amazing, Joe........ :clap:clap:clap:clap Good thing you didn't give up on the homes, as I suggested a few days ago ;) BTW, you refer to getting your bets being matched, so I assume you bet on an exchange; do your statistics take commission into account?
Yes Grex, those stats are the actual return that I get from placing real life bets. The vast majority of them are placed on Betdaq due to the 2% commission offer until the end of the year, but where I can get better odds with bookies then I place the bets with the bookies. I appreciate that I don't make it clear on each bet which has been placed on an exchange, and which are at the bookies, but my P&L calculations do take the two scenarios into account. Let's hope that we agree on the vast amount of aways again in the near future :)

Re: Yet Another Paul Ross Ratings System - Part 2 I suppose it had to happen after the very good Saturday I had - just 1 winner from 4. Results Summary: Aways: Bets 39 Winners 24 Profit £16.51 Yield 42.34% Homes: Bets 47 Winners 22 Profit -£3.01 Yield -6.41% All Bets: Bets 86 Winners 46 Profit £13.50 Yield 15.70%

Re: Yet Another Paul Ross Ratings System - Part 2 The "system" only picks out 2 possibilities for Boxing Day..... and both at VERY long odds (Cardiff @ 5.00 and Bournemouth @ 4.5)..... so, I think I will give them both a miss..... so 100% sure they will both win :lol So, I take this opportunity to wish all our "readers" a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS..... enjoy the holidays :cheers:beer:beer:beer

Re: Yet Another Paul Ross Ratings System - Part 2 Plenty of selections for me today again: Aways: Arsenal 3.10 Man United 1.36 Blackburn 3.50 Southampton 4.20 Tranmere 2.60 Torquay 2.10 Milton Keynes Dons 2.30 Stockport 2.63 Wrexham 2.15 Crawley Town 2.30 Homes: Swansea 2.00 Scunthorpe 1.91 Liverpool 1.39 Wigan 2.32 Dag and Red 2.25 Portsmouth 2.32 Sheffield Weds 2.03 Rochdale 2.30 Ebbsfleet 1.81 Wolves 1.82