** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Yet Another Paul Ross Ratings System - Part 2

Grex

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Yet Another Paul Ross Ratings System - Part 2 Thanks for your comments, Joe & Barrhead. Good to see your "aways" overlap, Joe.... is your selection method based on statistics, or just professional judgement ? Yes, it was a tough weekend, Barrhead.... who would have predicted that the "Big 4" in the English Premiership couldn't score a single goal between them :eek Anyway, the final weekend selection (Real Betis) duly obliged, boosting the yield to 9.7% (without the DNB safeguard, the yield would be :loon16.8%:loon ). Back tomorrow with 3 selections for Tuesday night's matches.

Re: Yet Another Paul Ross Ratings System - Part 2 BTW, does anybody know how to copy & paste perfectly formatted Excel tables to this forum. If you look at the table in the above post, everything (except one colun) is left-justified.... whereas on my Excel file, it is a logical mixture of left-justified and centre-justified. I know there are problems if you use Firefox, so that's why I use Internet Explorer. I know it's a minor point, and I'm sure everybody understands the tables..... but I'm such a perfectionist :D (except when it comes to predicting AWAY WINS :lol )

Re: Yet Another Paul Ross Ratings System - Part 2

Thanks for your comments, Joe & Barrhead. Good to see your "aways" overlap, Joe.... is your selection method based on statistics, .
My method is based purely on stats, btw I have one away selection tomorrow night - Peterborough. (I have 3 or 4 homes, but those will not interest you!!!)

Re: Yet Another Paul Ross Ratings System - Part 2 Glad to know you are another statistics "freak", Joe ;).... and I'm glad you agree with the Peterborough selection. I'm not very confident about the Lincoln selection, but if you have a "system" you have to stick with it :hope:hope

Re: Yet Another Paul Ross Ratings System - Part 2 Looks like there could be 10 selections for this weekend, including 4 from Italian Serie A :loon. Amazingly Italian Serie A has shown the best past performance of all the selected leagues...... so much for suggestions that Italian football is "fixed" :lol. I'll post the selections on Friday when the odds have settled down.

Re: Yet Another Paul Ross Ratings System - Part 2 Thanks, Tomahawk, for the kind words. Although I started the season with straight "aways" selections, there were so many draws that I decided to introduce the draw-cover (or DNB) fifty bets ago. Of course, in accordance with Sod's Law, since then there have been very few draws. The DNB system shows 7.2% yield... without the draw-cover, the yield would have been a very creditable 12.5%. However, I still feel that, in the long-run, the DNB system will pay dividends. Shall we see ;). Hope your results take an upturn :ok

Re: Yet Another Paul Ross Ratings System - Part 2 I compared one or two of the games awhile ago (DNB and draw cover) and for both the DNB was the better option, so i just decided to follow you using dnb odds (its also easier for my lazy brain). Just sharing the odds i managed to get (about 30 min ago): Energie Cottbus vs VFB STUTTGART 1.625 Monchengladbach vs BAYER LEVERKUSEN 1.35 Exeter City vs LINCOLN CITY 2.75 Blackburn Rovers vs LIVERPOOL 1.285 Chievo vs AS ROMA 1.29 Queens Park Rangers vs WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS 1.763 Lazio vs INTER MILAN 1.5 Atalanta vs UDINESE 2.42 Lecce vs JUVENTUS 1.25 I find that the odds are significantly better so if you hunted around abit more your yield would be much better (closer to 10% i think). Anyway good job so far, pretty interested to see how this goes for the rest of the season :ok

Re: Yet Another Paul Ross Ratings System - Part 2 Thanks for the information, Averick.... glad to see you're following the selections. There certainly is a BIG difference by shopping around. However, I always quote Bet365 odds..... I think it is only fair to be consistent and quote a website which is reasonably competitive, but not always the "best"..... otherwise, punters would have to have accounts all over the place in order to achieve the optimum odds. Also, perhaps some of the odds you quoted are from Exchanges, in which case you would have to deduct the commission. Anyway, as I've said before, I'm basically lazy :zzz and it's much easier just to look at one website ;)

Re: Yet Another Paul Ross Ratings System - Part 2 My aways for today and the prices that I have struck them at: Dortmund 2.38 Werder Bremen 1.73 Leverkusen 1.85 Peterboro 2.84 Burton 2.31 Stevenage 1.91 Lyon 1.92 Roma 1.78 All bets are to 1 point stakes. I will start monitoring the yield etc from this point (depsite the fact that I had 6 away winners from 9 last weekend ;) )

Re: Yet Another Paul Ross Ratings System - Part 2 I had another decent away performance, but homes left a lot to be desired with just 3 from 7. Results Summary: Aways: Bets 10 Winners 7 Profit £4.79 Yield 47.85% Homes: Bets 14 Winners 6 Profit -£3.55 Yield -25.33% All Bets: Bets 24 Winners 13 Profit £1.24 Yield 5.16%

Re: Yet Another Paul Ross Ratings System - Part 2 Just a response to some of your comments.. I do have quite a number of bookmaker accounts, and there are 12 which i use to get the best odds for every bet i make. Might be quite a hassle, but each 'search' takes me about 2-3 minutes, and i feel the better odds are worth the extra time taken. I don't use exchanges for my bets atm, i reserve the money for laying horses. But if you're able to extract the odds from one website easily then why not :ok And bet365 is a pretty good book, 20-30% of the time it has the best odds. And i'm probably just as lazy as you if not worse, thats why i follow some of the picks here lol *for those interested, southampton DNB is available at 3.75 @ BlueSq.. BOL Grex