** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Valuescope 2008

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Valuescope 2008 Surely Jack, the whole point of Valuescope is those prices are VALUE to win / each way. The horse is not tipped because it is neccersarily the one with the best chance of winning. It just is VALUE at the given price to win. Therefore taking SP is ludicrous, these prices are likely to shorten significantly, so get on at those prices stated or as close to them as possible. Otherwise it is probably advisable not to back them at all. Ginge

Re: Valuescope 2008 agreed but there is always someone for one reason or another that may prefer sp so if they do may as well get a better price and they way the prices have gone recently the advised price is not easy to find its also worth knowing if you do any other bets to sp

Re: Valuescope 2008 John McCririck keeps mentioning Valuescope on Ch4 racing, seems to be having same effect on prices as Pricewise often did/sometimes still does. Take the early price with these selections, they'll advise 33-1 but you'll often be lucky to get 25's when the bookies open up their prices but by race time you might be wishing you had when you see 14-1 or something. I agree that you don't want SP on these selections as chances are it won't drift to a better SP but will come in and lose value.

Re: Valuescope 2008

John McCririck keeps mentioning Valuescope on Ch4 racing' date=' seems to be having same effect on prices as Pricewise often did/sometimes still does.[/quote'] more so with the track record of 'Valuescope' recently, bookies will shorten up any selections just to cover themselves so get on as soon as.......

Re: Valuescope 2008 SATURDAY JAN 5TH ONLY 1 BET TODAY 3.45 SAND PRINCIPE AZZURO 2PTS WIN 11/2 WITH TOTE best i can see on easyodds is 5/1 tried totesport but they say no market todays bet (for me) is £35 win BILLY thats a useful link you put up

SATURDAY JAN 5TH ONLY 1 BET TODAY 3.45 SAND PRINCIPE AZZURO 2PTS WIN 11/2 WITH TOTE best i can see on easyodds is 5/1 tried totesport but they say no market todays bet (for me) is £35 win BILLY thats a useful link you put up
Lets hope we can start 2008 with a good win eh Jack..

6/1 was available at Ladbrokes this morning at 8:30. Did anyone better that?
Are you sure it wasn't 6.0 decimal odds you saw ? It was definitely 5/1 at Ladbrokes when I looked and oddschecker are reporting that they shortened from 5/1 to 4/1

Re: Valuescope 2008 Anyone see The Morning Line today? McCririck once again mentioned the effect Valuescope is having on the prices and later in the show they mentioned todays tip had gone from best price 11-2 into 4-1. Definitely need the early prices for these tips, the success hasn't gone unnoticed by the bookies and they are all being overcautious.

Re: Valuescope 2008 The trouble with John McCrirrick is when he wants to emphasise something he bends the truth. He said Principe Azurro was 4/1 from 11/2. Probably was with William Hill but I believe 5/1 was freely available (at the time) with a couple of others. Valuescope is one of his pets now, like SP's. I had the horse as a 20% chance so believe it is value (would back it) at anything above 4/1. That is even considering the form of Henry Dalys yard. I have only saved on it though because I make Erics Charm even better value.

Re: Valuescope 2008 dont fully agree with mileni i got 33/1 and 28/1 this morning sure the odds are shorter all tipsters that give reccomended prices fall into this catagory once they get a bit of success the recc prices are practically unobtainable but he does get winners at big prices and anyway as i get the losses back during the following week a shorter price dont matter too me i'd be kicking myself if one was to win and i left it alone because i could'nt get 40/1 or 33/1

All I'm saying is the profit they advertise is not real. If the horse at 28/1 wins and his price is 33/1. Here you lose 10-15 pts. Make that every weekend. Do you think you can reach those 400pts a year profit? I don't think so.
But doesn't Valuescope calculate his profits from SP?