Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests A few I like before the off in Sydney, 10pts Australia Highest Opening Partnership 8/13 Skybet In the 1st test India's openers put on 4 & 26 and neither really ever looked comfortable at the crease. In comparison, Jaques and Hayden put on 135 & 83. They looked as dominant as ever and it's hard to see them not outscoring their Indian counterparts here. A further possible benefit for the Aussies here is that Zaheer Khan is doubtful and he looked their best seamer by far at Melbourne so if he doesn't play the Aussie openers could run riot. 10pts M.Hayden to beat R.Dravid 4/6 Stan James Matthew Hayden looked his normal imperious self at Melbourne. He averages 53 here at Sydney too so I'd expect him to be similar in this game. Dravid was awful in Melbourne. Slow, scratchy and a patch of his normal self. He scored at less than 20% strike rate. The Aussie bowlers looked to have Dravid under wraps and with Hayden scoring freely, with India's best seamer potentially out I think he'll outscore Dravid. 10pts S.Ganguly's Performance Pts 91&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Sourav Ganguly looked in decent touch at Melbourne. He hit 43 and 40 and took a catch too. On this pitch he should go equally well with the bat and could well cover this in one innings. If Zaheer Khan doesn't play then he may have more overs to bowl than normal and can break partnerships with his gentle medium pace. He'll also be fielding around the bat so could take a catch or two. It's with the bat where Sourav will do most of his scoring though and in 2 knocks I think he'll get to 91. 5pts A.Kumble Top India Bowler 6/4 Stan James Spinners are becoming less and less of an impact at Sydney but given Kumble's dominance in Melbourne, I'm not sure we'll be able to say that about him here. His main danger in the bowling ranks, Zaheer Khan could be ruled out which would mean India will rely heavily on their captain to take wickets. Harbhajan never took a wicket in Melbourne so it's hard to see him playing a real part so Kumble looks the sensible call to take most Aussie wickets 1st time round here.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests I'm thinking along the lines of possibly just playing in-running here, or certainly until the e toss in a short while. The Aussies are drawing Indias teeth IMO by making a seamers wicket, particularly if Zaheer misses out. I dont like the odds tbh. I'm not convinced of Australia at those odds but I'm not sure I can back India with batting problems & possibly missing their best seamer. I just dont know :(

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests 6 down at tea and still they're going at 4+ an over. Some quite ghastly umpiring decisions. At least it looks like we have a test match. India 5.2. Could now lay that and have made decent cash on the back of the opening trade - if I knew what I was doing :wall

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests

6 down at tea and still they're going at 4+ an over. Some quite ghastly umpiring decisions. At least it looks like we have a test match. India 5.2. Could now lay that and have made decent cash on the back of the opening trade - if I knew what I was doing :wall
Was an amazing day's play really.....how he didnt hear the snick on Symonds ive no idea.....you could even see the aussies 10 rows back in the crowd from the side cam putting thier hands on thier heads......SB needs removing from the umpire's list if he cant hear those. :\ I love the aussies though, how many teams would attack like that when 6 down? Its great to see a team play like that.....

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests Pie, if you're interested in learning about trading & the way Betfair works theres a very good book called 'Game, set & matched' written by Iain somebody....might be Banks but that might be a Scottish crime writer as well :$....It'd be right up your street as the authors an ex-county cricketer & a lot of the book is explained in cricket terms. If you want to give it a go & for some reason cant get it over there give me a shout & I'll send you a copy :ok Cant knock the Aussies can you :\ I had Hogg & Symonds down as their weak links as well :( Edit: 'Game, set & matched' by Iain Fletcher, printed by High Stakes (www.Highstakes.co.uk)

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests Day 1 wasn't great for me. Hopefully day 2 will be better. 10pts B.Lee's 1st Inns Runs - Under 51.5 5/6 Bet365 Brett Lee closed day 1 on 31 not out but he will face a tough test on the morning of day 2. India know they've let the Aussie's off the hook and will want to finish them off early here. If they are to remain in the match they must do that. They took the new ball 8.5 overs before the close of play so the Indian seamers will have a fairly new ball to play with and with RP Singh bowling well, I can't see Brett Lee getting another 20 runs, especially with the outfield so slow that there is minimal value for shots.

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests Sunny day. If Aus can get thru first 30 mins then 450 on the cards. India 220-5 by close. Aus first innings lead -100.5 @5/6 at 12pts Will look into book buy, Swoops. Thx for info. Seems test cricket ebb/flow is an ideal medium. Wd lay the draw at 3.55 at this stage.

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests

Sunny day. If Aus can get thru first 30 mins then 450 on the cards. India 220-5 by close.
Run predictions/pace of game today about right but 2 India wkts short of forecast makes it not that clever. Where are we now?
  • This game is quite advanced for an End Day Two.
  • Significant turn (with bounce) in last hour.
  • Rain a horizon threat but rather more showers. Syd has the best radar prediction of interruption of any city and groundstaff/equipment/drainage are up there with Lord's. The best. The usual added/make-up time applies.

The draw - now 1.79 to lay - is a heavy favourite. Bfair have Aus at 2.64. I'd rather be on Aus win. Just one problem with this. Tendulkar, this innings.

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests Well, its game on IMO as not only have we had the usual fast Aussie run rate, but thanks to VVS India are going at just under 3.5 as well....which was the main stumbling block for many people removed. India have the batting remaining to achieve parity, & it seems a good pitch...but after saying that you have to feel for India as without some horrendous umpiring howlers Australia would be staring at a 200 deficit....moan if you want Aussies but you're getting away with murder here ;) India need Ganguly & Tendulkar there for the new ball in 18 overs as thats likely to knock 1 or 2 over & they cant afford to be light on wickets before that. Its an interesting one as normally speaking there'd only be 1 side really needing to push for victory here but how much do Australia really want this record ?? Does it mean they'll keep the game alive when normally they wouldnt ?? If India bat until tea at this RR then they'll be around 400, & Kumble would probably be happy being bowled out with an hours play remaining tonight to save him a tricky declaration....possibly in arrears ?? I'm green on India & my chance to lay both Australia & the draw came whilst I was asleep, but at the prices I've backed them my exposure isnt heavy so I'm happy

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests Another went tits up. Luckily all the Aussies fell to Kumble so he got a tie out of that innings. India have looked good with the bat so far in this innings. 10pts India 1st Inns Runs Over 415.5 5/6 Bet365 India closed day 2 on 216/3 with Sourav Ganguly and Sachin Tendulkar the unbeaten men. Sachin absolutely loves batting at the SCG and averaged 249 coming in here. Ganguly looked in impressive form in his spell at the crease and make his 21 in no time. After these two there's still plenty of batting to come in the form of Yuvraj Singh, Mahendra Singh Dhoni and even Anil Kumble and Harbhajan are no mugs with the bat. We are looking at 200 runs to bring this bet in so 1 decent partnership should see them there and with the quality of players to come that looks likely. One drawback here could be the new ball which is due in 18 overs time but the pitch still looks good and the outfield is getting quicker and I think India will go past 415 runs in this innings.

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests Lunch Day 3. 322/5, Aus lead 141. Odds 2.7 13.5 1.78 Ball still new and a couple wkts in the next hour will see Aus price drop sharply. Sachin gone and it could go to odds on. Think Aus price is too high especially with Ricky with an eye on 16 on the trot with Perth next. Phantom back of Aus @ 2.7

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests You could well be right Anderson but I wouldnt be backing it at 1.39 :unsure I would make the draw rightly favourite with Australia the outsider personally, simply because if Australia arent bowled out they wont declare with enough time to bowl out India. In 5 overs last night it was turning & there were chances/half chances.....Indias spinners are better than Australias....India are still 56 ahead with the chance of a couple of wickets before parity. Nobody seems too sure about the weather but it seems clearer than it did & if theres 90 overs tonight I'd be quite happy laying the draw at that 1.39