Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests Day Two coming up... Late wickets put Aus in the slightly stronger position but maybe worried about balance of attack now the pitch is seen to have none of the promised venom. Also Lee's back is playing up. He'll want to get the last 4 before lunch and take it easy for a day and a half as Aus get the 450 this pitch looks good for. Aus price still too cramped to get involved.

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests 1 for me. 5pts ew M.Hussey Top Australian Batsman 4/1 Boylesports (1st Inns Only) (1/4 1,2,3) The WACA is perfect for Mike Hussey. He pulls well, hooks well and square cuts fairly well. He's in good form too after his 2nd inns 145* at Sydney and will come here full of confidence because he averages no less than 86 here, admittedly in just two matches. The WACA is Mr Cricket's home ground and with Hayden being out giving Hussey one main danger less to beat, he looks a good ew bet to nothing.

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests Good day for test cricket punting - if you're in the right time zone :). 22/3 at lunch and spread 315-330. Indian openers bowling with control and guile and big team spirit as they came off after that half hour at the Aussies. 40 degs so Kumble will have to juggle resources this afternoon with the possible two 'repair men' at the crease, Punter & Pup. Should bail for profit on spread runs now, but will leave it until after 3 overs from Sharma this arvo. If he gets a bowl :loon.

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests Didnt get involved pre-test on this as thought it was very hard to judge tbh, & thought that the 'no chance' given to India on this wicket was harsh....but I wasnt that convinced to back them :lol I'm on them now though, +170 with 9 wickets in hand. Australia have ben caught on the hoof here, & whilst I dont expect them to bat that badly again they certainly look more vulnerable without Hayden. Never rule Australia out though, not in this day & age for sure. Its all about the morning for me & if they dont get wickets then its real trouble. History says Australia have knocked off 342-8 here back in 1977....against India as well !!......but on 14 occasions that the side batting last has been set over 300 theyve only achieved it that once with 5 draws & 8 defeats, & in those defeats the margin has never been under 140 170 ahead now, I'd certainly expect 300 but I'd give Australia a chance at that. 325 is probably anybodys game but missing Hayden is a big blow......350 & its India for me & thats why I'm on them. A couple of balls have puffed today meaning Kumble (& Sehwag) will come into this yet, & its Sehwag that is the crucial wicket tonight as otherwise the lead will be 300 by lunch & the draw a long, long way away

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests I'm with Swoops. Earlier on in the week I wasn't sure if India could take 20 wickets with little pace but they've proved me wrong. 10pts India to win 3rd test 8/13 Blue Square After 2 days of this intriguing test match, India lead by 170 runs with 9 of their 2nd innings wickets remaining. Wasim Jaffer is the man out but Virender Sehwag is still at the crease and if he can get going on day 3 then India's lead will increase at a very quick rate. Tendulkar, Dravid, Ganguly, Laxman and Dhoni are all to bat and if India get another 180 runs and set Australia 350 to win then that will be extremely tough to chase. Wickets permitting it's hard not to see India batting all of day 3 and if they do that they'll be 400 ahead and away and gone. Ishant Sharma and RP Singh showed they can trouble the Aussies who look to be missing Hayden's dominance up top and Kumble can still play a major part in this match too. It all points to an India win to me and I'll take the 8/13 on that. 10pts I.Pathan 2nd Inns Runs - Over 18.5 5/6 Bet365 Irfan Pathan is a pretty decent lower order batsman but he's in at 3 in this innings as nightwatchman. He hit a solid looking 28 in the 1st innings and while Sehwag is blasting away at the other end he will be able to play his normal game which is usually pretty attacking and notch up a few runs. He's currently not out on 2 runs so we need another 17 for him to bring this home and with all the time in the world to get them I'll go over 18 for Pathan.

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests 40 mins to DAY 3 The match is remarkably advanced; Kumble holding all the aces. India have test centurions down to No.10 and will surely want to grind Aussies noses into it and push on to a totally out-of-sight lead. One thinks the Aussies always capable of anything, but here they'll have to have India 7 down by tea just to get a sniff. And eventually go on to double their first innings total. 8/13 India is 'value' as it does look a 1/3 cert from this position. Next wicket to fall Sehwag @ 2.25 at 20pts

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests 5 down at lunch. Aus have done better than expected but runs keep coming. India 276 ahead and any chase over 330 is surely not realistic. The only thing is the time they'll have to do it. Not even half way through this test :loon. Lee back after lunch and if he can get 2 in his spell then there might be a game on. India odds currently same as start today - 8/13. Easy money - but I'm still worried about these Aussies. UK :zzz HK :gimme Test cricket :clap

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests 8 down at tea so they were ahead in Pies calculation. India all the way for me, currently a decent 9th wicket stand & approaching 400 lead. The Aussies though, are just about obnoxious enough to think they can break 2 world records at this rate, the highest chase & the 17th win.....worrying :unsure

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests I've watched last innings run chases to WIN since I was a sprout. I can't remember one coming good chasing more than 290, in my watching experience. I've seen Cowdrey coming in with broken arm and some tense draws negotiated, but never the last innings Everest to win. Cricinfo will suggest all sorts of things: but I've never seen/watched anything near this ask. This is not possible for Aussies. However... more tomorrow!

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests India 15pts to win at 1.44 on Betfair Very hard to dismiss India as the winner here at the end of the 3rd day, a common theory in Test Cricket is that no matter how good your team is it is very difficult to chase 400+ run in the 4th innings to win a Test Match and that theory is true as it has only been done a handful of times in the history of Test Cricket, The Indian seam / swing attack is on fire currently and the combined experience of the senior Indian players will see India shut Australia out of this match during the 4th day, The 1.44 odds about India at the end of the 3rd day is sensational value, Give Australia a 1 in 20 chance of getting the required 413 to win currently being 2/65 and that means India should still be odds of 1.05, not the 1.44 on offer currently, the market is very wrong here and has to be taken advantage of.

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests Pie, I totally agree with you mate....I'm just making the point that if anybody thinks they can, its this Aussie team. I also agree with the odds on India being far too big & its just the fear of Australia holding up the market. If this was the other way round with India being arguably the 2nd best batting side in the world, they'd be 20's

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests 243/7 at tea. 170 needed. Shame - from a watching point of view - Aus didn't get some sort of partnership going, or that it is not now 243/5. Which would have made it interesting. New ball due in 13 overs. Clarke playing exceptionally well. 8th wicket +259.5 @ 8/11 at 22pts (sportingodds) Just need 17 more from these two.

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests 4th and final test begins at 12.30am from Adelaide. I'm going with 2 to begin with. 10pts M.Clarke's Performance Pts 86&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Michael Clarke comes into this match off the back of a solid 81 in the last test at Perth. This pitch should suit him more though as he's a player who likes to get on the front foot and this pitch will be a little bit lower than Perth. He gets on well here. England can testify that as Clarke hit 124 against us here last year. Not only is he in form with the bat but Ponting could throw him the ball after his heroics at Sydney and we could get a wicket which would help massively. Clarke's also a top fielder and fields at point so he could get some catches but in 2 knocks I fancy him to clear 86pts with the bat and the overs here is the obvious call. 4pts B.Lee Top Aussie Bowler (1st Inns Only) 7/4 Stan James Brett Lee has been in excellent form with the ball in this series, often carrying the Australian attack. This isn't his best venue with the ball but with India's batsmen finally showing what they are made of in Perth it could be that Lee's extra pace is the only thing to trouble them. Lee has 19 wickets in the series to date and on a good pitch for batting has that little bit extra pace which should provide rewards. Johnson and Clark and bowling well but if the ball doesn't swing or move off the seam they could be pretty weaponless. Lee's the man in real form and I'll take him to get the most wickets 1st time round.

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests + 184.50 pts in Perth; and so to Adelaide This is the one Aussie ground where you don't immediately kick the draw into touch. You give it a couple of seconds thought and then do just that. Teams tend to score heavily first time round but falter second dig. In 2003, end of Day 3, Australia 523; India 477-7 and still no draw. So with a 3 horse market in a 2 horse race it should be easy to make money. :lol Betfair: 1.9 8.4 2.7 The Aussies still have the x factor then. These two teams are demonstrably closer than these odds suggest, even with Hayden returning and passenger Tait kicked off the bus. And India have the better spin options going up the home straight. INDIA win @ 13/2 at 10pts BUY Kumble bowling index @ 55 at 2 pts

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests Sehwag slashed to slip soon after lunch :). Tea. 187/4. India engine room in - Sachin and VVS - and going well. But if one of these gets out spread runs will collapse and 400 odd could seem a long way off. Bold choice. Sit tight on original runs buy @ 395 at 1 pt and be very happy with 287/4 at close. Wimp choice. SELL India runs @ 390 at 0.5pts. (to manage downside risk)

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests India delicately poised. Big morning ahead. 10pts India 1st Inns Runs - Under 450.5 5/6 Bet365 India closed day 1 on 309/5. Sachin Tendulkar, who looked superb once again and Mahendra Singh Dhoni were at the crease. Dhoni looked very much in a shell. If India are to get up to 450 then this partnership needs to get them most of the way there. Dhoni though hasn't been in good form with the bat in this series. He has a high score of only 38 and with the new ball just been taken he may not hang around much on day 2. If this partnership is broken early then the tail will be exposed to the new ball which should be too much for them with the form Lee and Johnson are in. Sachin is key here. If he bats through India will come close but Australia will almost certainly give him singles and target the other end and I think they'll restrict India to less than 451.

Re: Cricket: India in Australia - 4 tests Dhoni's been out there 54 balls for his 6 and has already been 'out' once to a thickish edge, Hayden putting down a sitter at first slip. Agree, don't think he'll go far this morning. New ball one over old. Spreads have a Dhoni runs sell at 37 but will go fixed on this. Dhoni - Under 33.5 @ 5/6 at 24pts Can Aus roll them over before lunch and grab the pyschological 'under 400' advantage? A Sachin/Kumble partnership could prove adhesive and Aussie thwarting. Australia reply already quoted at 465-485 which looks about right. They'll need that putative 65 lead batting last here aganist Kumble and Harbhajan so this morning is game shaping.