UEFA Cup - 29th November

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup - 29th November

Finally I like the look of Zagreb DNB. The fact they rested some players at the weekend seems to suggest they are taking this competition seriously after all' date=' they are easily the best team in their league so can afford minor slip ups in the league.[/quote'] Yes, after basicly securing the domestic title (+13 to Rijeka), the main objective is to win the Cup, and go trough to the knockout stages of the UEFA cup. That is the dream of many generations of Dinamo's supporters, having not had a spring european game for 40 years. Many see this as a perfect chance to make this happen. The motivation is high, there will be around 300 BBB on the stadium, maybe even more, so the vocal support will be there. The only thing that worries me are the two central defenders and the left back. Drpić and Schildenfeld can be careless at times and the left back Čale tends to go foreward and leave his position empty (but he isn't specially good in the attack). The two defensive midfielders, Vukojević and Pokrivač are playing in great form, especialy Vukojević, who gets himself on the scoresheet really often for a DM. He also covers a lot of distance. I really can't see Dinamo losing this one and they will probably win it. ;)

Re: UEFA Cup - 29th November Hello everyone been a while since i posted on here . Ok tonight i like dinamo , i think there a better side this is there game in hand and think they will have the quality to beat Brann. Galatasaray to win tonight playing away but grecce is not far from the to travel it will be a battle but again i think galatasaray have the quality and need to win. bayern to beat braga, bayern said they will go for the win and with toni, klose, ribery, lucio, ze reberto , those players make my selection easy Adam

Hello everyone been a while since i posted on here . Ok tonight i like dinamo , i think there a better side this is there game in hand and think they will have the quality to beat Brann. Galatasaray to win tonight playing away but grecce is not far from the to travel it will be a battle but again i think galatasaray have the quality and need to win. bayern to beat braga, bayern said they will go for the win and with toni, klose, ribery, lucio, ze reberto , those players make my selection easy Adam
Really fancy Bayern @ 2.05 on the asian handicap of -1 (bet365). They are a team full of goals, and as long as Ottmar doesn't have a meltdown like against Bolton and take off the two best players when only one goal up i can see them comfortably winning. Also, Galatasaray are not a bad price at 1.66 on the draw no bet with ladbrokes, they really need to win after last matchday, their opponents got soundly beaten at the weekend conceding three goals in the first half an hour.

Where is GG? Need ur help on Helsingborg. Anybody have the line up' date=' team news?[/quote'] No important injuries in Helsingborg, they are very optimistic about this match, won a friendly vs Elfsborg last week, 4-1, I don't know what line up Elfsborg used so I don't know if that result is important. Weather forecast for this evening: +4 Celcius, some rain. Supposed line up according to Helsingborg's fansite: Daniel Andersson Wahlstedt - Andreas Jakobsson - Oskar Rönningberg - Adama Tamboura René Makondele - Olafur Skulason - Andreas Dahl - Christoffer Andersson Henrik Larsson - Razak Omotoyossi A tough match to predict imo, Austria with many missings, Helsingborg's form hard to tell as it's off season.

Re: UEFA Cup - 29th November Elfsborg: No major injury worries, midfielder Alexandersson questionable, attacker Berglund not fully fit. Pretty much the same weather forecast as for Helsingborg. Elfsborg was pretty toothless at home the entire season, same goes for their matches in the CL qualies and the Uefa Cup, they got 1-1 vs AEK at home in their first match, missed lots of scoring chances, then they got destroyed 1-6 vs Fiorentina away. I know absolutley nothing about Mlada, but if their defence is half decent under could be a good bet. Supposed line up: Johan Wiland Martin Andersson, Andreas Augustsson, Fredrik Björck, Johan Karlsson Daniel Mobaeck, Anders Svensson, Jari Ilola, Stefan Ishizaki Mathias Svensson, James Keene.

Re: UEFA Cup - 29th November A little bit of everything in here. How about Zenit, not sure how high the Germans rate this cup, but St P is a tough place to play, probably the weather wont be of any help. The odds do look quite low, but stil if there were any chance of having some inside info on the home team - can be a nice one. Elfsborg, Lokomotiva and Sparta(k) I will avoid, not sure about anything, I like Elfsborg for they are a pretty consistent side - when they are good they win, when they are not - they lose, just a betting dream, but I dont really know how good they will be after the league is over. HSV look good, the French are the least interested UEFA cup nation, still the odds are too small, might be worth trying to find a -1 EH, HSV are pretty efficient I would say lately Brann - Dinamo. Hard one to predict, Croats are better no doubt, but I was pretty bad at judging Brann all season, so I am not sure really. After having won the Norwegian championship the Begren side are in a mood thay can do just anything (and they can sing what they wanna sing :loon) so it is a big question if it is a way to boosting performance or just a way to get hit hard. Theres mud everywhere in Norway these days, no reason to hope pitch will get any better. AZ look nice for a combo, with T'ham (-1 EH included !!!) toghether. In Braga Bayern looks nice, but the odds are still too small. All in all, I will go for a combo, AZ T'ham and will choose another one or two a little bit later

Re: UEFA Cup - 29th November AEK - Fiorentina Pick: Fiorentina Win @ 2.75 (Bet365) 10/10 The main reasoning for tipping Fiorentina in this match is the fact that AEK will be rotating 7 players for this game. Among the players not playing for AEK include Rivaldo, Liberopoulos and Alves. All three important players. AEK's coach is resting them for a very important Greek League match with Aris on Sunday. The Greek media is talking about AEK's coach not being as interested in the UEFA Cup as in the League title, which should be considered but always taken with a grain of salt. Fiorentina has been playing consistently well in their league and in Europe. The team's coach will not be with the team given the recent passing away of his wife. I think this fact will urge the Fiorentina team to win the game for the coach. The odds are quite good for Fiorentina's win. Bolton - Aris Pick: Bolton win @ 1.61 (Coral) 10/10 Bolton has been struggling this year but confidence is back given their recent win over Man U. The main reason for the tip is that Aris are going to play with a few important missings from injuries and some visa problems for some players and the fact that Aris will play a key match on Sunday against Greek League leaders AEK. Last Sunday, Aris lost 2-0 to Levadiakos (a team below the quality of Aris) as a result of their injury situation.Also, a loss for Aris will not be catastrophic given their win over Red Star Belgrade. I think Bolton can win this match.

Re: UEFA Cup - 29th November spurs injury update

Jermain Defoe and Younes Kaboul have been ruled out of Tottenham Hotspurs's UEFA Cup clash against Aalborg at White Hart Lane. Defoe has a cold and Kaboul is also out injured, and they join Ledley King (knee), Benoit Assou-Ekotto (knee), Ricardo Rocha (ankle) and Anthony Gardner (ankle) on the sidelines.
Kaboul has a groin injury and will miss the Aalborg clash - saving Ramos from a difficult decision, because the young Frenchman has been guilty of errors since arriving from Auxerre and was at fault for West Ham's goal against Spurs in the Barclays Premier League on Sunday. Gareth Bale returned from a foot injury at the weekend, and Steed Malbranque also overcame an ankle complaint to play in that match
hopes this helps people, but i think Spurs should win this with ease

Re: UEFA Cup - 29th November AEK Athens v Fiorentina under 2.25 goals @ 1.90 Pinnacle Fiorentina's got a very solid defence, they have only allowed one goal in six awaygames in Serie A, they will rest some players in this match as they have the very important match vs Inter in front of them this Sunday. My guess is that Fiorentina won't do much more than necessary, they will be ok with a draw, and Italian teams are great at defending and getting desired results on the road in Europe. AEK even without Rivaldo are strong at home, but I really doubt they got enough firepower to break through Fiorentina's defence. AEK have scored eight goals in four homematches in the league, four of those vs OFI Crete, the team with the worst defence in Greece, today they are up against a different and much tougher opponant. Tottenham - 1 (E.H.) @ 1.70 Bet365

A pretty obvious bet imo, Tottenham showing rising form, at home they should really be able to see off Aab with two goals or more, Aab are no mugs but I choose to back the better team here, a straight forward logical bet imo, those do work every now and then... Getafe -1.75 @ 1.75 Bet365 I'll bet against Hapoel for the third match in a row today, I saw them play in Stockholm in September, and I can't believe that they are actually qualified for the groupstage. Hapoel haven't improved one bit since then by the looks of it, I think they are up for a serious beating this evening, no matter if Getafe rest some players. Hapoel have lost both previous matches 0-2, I hope Getafe put in some more effort and score a couple more. I also took -2 at 2.02 Pinnacle.

Re: UEFA Cup - 29th November PANİONİOS König Kontoes Berthe Spiropoulos Makos Majstorovic Goundoulakis Aravidis Kumordzi Kapetanos Djebbour GALATASARAY Orkun Volkan Servet Song Uğur Arda Lincoln M. Topal H. Şaş Serkan (Ãœmit) Nonda HAKEMLER: Alberto Undino Mallenco, Fermin Martinez, Roberto Alonso Fernandez STAT: Nea Smyrni SAAT: 21.00 YAYIN: NTV last chance for gala.. gala will play full squad except okan and ayhan.. only ayhan is first team player but gala can replace him.. we had lots of injuried players buy they recovered and will play tonight.. arda , lincoln,hakan şÃ¼kür, linderoth.. we have lots of famous player.. and gala is goal to play final in uefa cup.. first match , we played very impressive football in first period to bordeuxs but our strikers nonda and ümit karan didnt score.. it should have been 4 or 5 -0.. second match we didnt care about helsingborg.. they scored very lucky goal.. and we had lots of position but didnt score.. panionios has not got a special player.. we are stronger and will win this match surely.. gala straight wins; 2.25 (value)

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/uefa/previaxcronica/es/desarrollo/1062887.html According to Marca. The lineup will be pretty good, some reserves but all of them are very good players. Atlético: Abbiati; Antonio López, Pablo, Eller o Zé Castro, Pernía; Luis García, Motta, Maniche o Raúl García, Reyes; Forlán y 'Kun' Agüero. Abbiati is 2nd GK (but well known) Antonio Lopez is left back (replacing Seitaridis, i think Valera, the other right back, is not allowed to play UEFA) Eller o Ze Castro (replacing injured Perea) Motta (back from injury, trying to give some strength to the defensive midfield) Luis Garcia - Reyes (ex Liverpool and ex Madrid, high class, replacing Maxi Rodriguez and Simao) Pablo, Pernia, Maniche o Raul Garcia, Forlan and Aguero are usually in the lineups
Thx Oriolh, it's nice to here that Atletico starts with a line - up like this. knowing this i 'll put them in my -1 combo together with Tottenham and Getafe.

Re: UEFA Cup - 29th November I think spurs will win tonite, here the presumed line up to date and a couple of facts i pulled of about the opposition. I think the team tonight is as follows --------------------Robinson------------------ --Stalteri----Chimbonda---Dawson---------Bale- --Lennon--------Jenas------Zokora-------Steed- ---------------Berbatov----Keane-------------- Some facts on Aalborg, courtesy of the spurs website. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tonight's opponents Aalborg BK (AaB) are currently undefeated in this season's UEFA Cup and joint-top of the Danish Superliga with FC Copenhagen. Here are a few more facts on our third opponents in the group stages... - AaB have drawn their only match to date in the group stages of the UEFA Cup, a 1-1 result at home against RSC Anderlecht. - AaB coach, Erik Hamren, is optimistic about their prospects at White Hart Lane. "My philosophy is that everything is possible. If you believe it, and you’re working hard for it together, then it’s possible." - They finished third in the Superliga to claim a UEFA Intertoto Cup place. They emerged as one of the eleven winners of the summer competition to earn a UEFA Cup berth. - They reached the group stages by beating Serie A giants Sampdoria over two legs in the first round. - AaB had previously never progressed beyond the first round of the UEFA Cup in three attempts prior to this season. - Prior to that, their biggest achievement in Europe was reaching the 1995/96 UEFA Champion’s League group stage. - AaB’s only experience of English opponents came in a 1966/67 European Champion Club’s Cup first round tie against Everton FC. They drew 0-0 at home but lost 2-1 on Merseyside in the return. - AaB defender Michael Jakobsen made a solitary appearance for PSV Eindhoven in two seasons at the club between 2003 and 2005. Tottenham’s Korean left-back Lee Young-Pyo was at the Dutch club at the same time. - AaB have lost just four of 17 games in their domestic Superliga and are level on points with FA Copenhagen. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Aalborgs goalkeeper, had one season in the 2nd Bundesliga, and that team was relegated. It is generally thought that he is their best player. So the quality isn't there, but the results of their other matches do not lie, they will be well organised and tough to break down, and they will be looking ofr the draw. Expect them to play a 9-1-0 formation. Some news from Hamburg Almost full strength Huub Stevens will be able to pick from an almost full strength squad, with the exception of striker Paolo Guerrero who is still out of action with a stomach bug and breathing problems. Stevens is expected to keep faith with the team which cruised to a 2-0 Bundesliga home win over Hansa Rostock last weekend. Possible line-ups: HSV: Rost - Benjamin, Reinhardt, Mathijsen, Atouba - Jarolim, Kompany - Castelen, van der Vaart, Trochowski - Olic Stade Rennes: Pouplin - Edman, Borne, Hansson, Fanni - Sorlin, Cheyrou, Leroy - Wiltord, Thomert, Pagis

m_rennes_team_aufstellung_01.jpg
Hope this is of use .

we are stronger and will win this match surely.. gala straight wins; 2.25 (value)
Not disagreeing with this pick, not at all, but in your position I would avoid the term "surely", there's no such thing in betting, remember when Gala was a "banker" vs Helsingborg...

Re: UEFA Cup - 29th November Guys i no this is a bit of a risk but i have put a huge bet on this leg 6 multi bet. Tottenham to win tonight and weekend premier league game/A.madrid(uefa)/Man U(english premier league)/Real Madrid(spanish league)/Lyon(French league) @ 5.50! its a muti worth putting something on boys!

Re: UEFA Cup - 29th November Nurnberg named an unchanged side from their last league match which they won against Dortmund at home. Quite surprised they are at bottom of the league and still can afford to call the same player from Sunday's match in this UEFA cup match. Nurnberg playing 3-4-3 and Zenit 4-4-2 are strong at home. For me, I'll take Over 2.5 with odds of 2.02 betfair good luck

Guys i no this is a bit of a risk but i have put a huge bet on this leg 6 multi bet. Tottenham to win tonight and weekend premier league game/A.madrid(uefa)/Man U(english premier league)/Real Madrid(spanish league)/Lyon(French league) @ 5.50! its a muti worth putting something on boys!
sounds good! but since im a chicken sh*t i wouldnt do that much :tongue2. which site are you using? Aus or international? i use sportingbet and centrebet

Re: UEFA Cup - 29th November After reading A Madrids team I firmly believe that they have to much class for a very ordinary Aberdeen team. Home win Does anyone know what sort of team Getafe are going to produce tonight, on paper I would say this is a mis match and home win but how seriously are they taking this game ?? My bets tonight, pending on team news are Spurs, A Madrid and Getafe

Dinamo Zagreb @ 2.65 looks nice. I red that their coach rested some key players in their last game with Medjimurje, including Luca Modric. Dinamo Zagreb got 1 point at home against Basel, but I can't say who was the better team because I didn't watch the game. Brann lost their fist game against HSV with 0-1 in Norway. It must be cold in Norway if here in my country are 0 degrees but I don't know how this will influence the game. I rate DZ the better team here and if they won't win, they will get at least one point.
It's true..... about resting players.... Beside, I was on the game against Basel and Dinamo was much, much better team in that game. Basel just have so much luck in that game.... There was so many chances for Dinamo, but somehow ball didn't want to go across goal line.... Dinamo is deserve a win orround 4-0 at that game....

Re: UEFA Cup - 29th November Have to agree with everybody on athletico tonight. I live up in aberdeen and a few of my mates are season ticket holders who are away across so hear plenty about them. This season they are a bit up and down but of late haven't done too well. I would say away from home, after a tough trip to celtic park at the weekend, they will struggle tonight. Quite a big support going across, about 6000 expected to be there. I just can't see where they're going to get goals. There defence has been suspect all season as well. I'd expect Calderwood to go with a 4-5-1 to try and keep it tight but the team athletico are going to put out should tear them apart. I expect 3/4-0.

sounds good! but since im a chicken sh*t i wouldnt do that much :tongue2. which site are you using? Aus or international? i use sportingbet and centrebet
Hey mate AUS sydney im using betfair, but usualy i just take the crap odds at the TAB but it feels better taking there money. lol . Grow some nuts and back it mate!:ok

Hey mate AUS sydney im using betfair, but usualy i just take the crap odds at the TAB but it feels better taking there money. lol . Grow some nuts and back it mate!:ok
im in Syd too :cheers, i think i will go for Bayern + Spurs multi and Fiorentina i know the odds not that good, but im too chicken to add bigger multi. I rather win a little by little than to lose it all in one go. ;)

Re: UEFA Cup - 29th November According to Marca http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/uefa/previaxcronica/es/desarrollo/1062953.html Getafe: Ustari; Contra, Belenguer, Signorino, 'Cata' Díaz; Pablo Hernández, De la Red, Sousa, Cotelo; Del Moral y Braulio Ustari replacing Abbondanzieri, regular GK Contra playing after long injury. Signorino and Cotelo not regular players. Uche, probably best striker, is injured, out for 3 weeks

Not disagreeing with this pick' date=' not at all, but in your position I would avoid the term "surely", there's no such thing in betting, remember when Gala was a "banker" vs Helsingborg...[/quote'] ok G:G i know that there is no'' surely'' in betting.. i bet for along time.. there is two or three class difference between these teams..