** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Bowles' Jump season 07/08 - Ended +30% yield

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08

Voy Por usetedes (FR)

1U1-2212

Warwick, Kempton & Cheltenham

Good/soft or soft

2m

Champion Chase its target again this year although setback when beaten by Twist magic at Sandown, cam out at Kempton & won easy in December. If the ground rides gd/soft at the festival I still fancy this one to run a big race. No disgrace giving 5lb to master minded at newbury. Will be spot on now for Cheltenham.

Master Minded (FR)

U11

Sandown, Newbury

Soft/Heavy

2m – 2m 4f

French import showed its potential last time out at Sandown winning nicely over a decent set of runners. Nicholls has entered for both Champion Chase & Ryanair. At 5yo, probably best to go for the latter as it looks like it will appreciate the longer distance also. Now heading straight to the Champion Chase after impressive performance at newbury beating Voy per ustedes.

Inglis Drever

1213-11

Cheltenham & Newbury

Goes on any ground

Has won over 2m – 3m. Effective at 3m now.

Last years World Hurdle winner going for that prize again. Very impressive again at Cheltenham beating Blazing Bailey. Still hits the flat spot but stays on forever & cruises very well at speed.

The Listener

20-U131

Leopardstown, Punchestown.

Effective on soft to heavy ground

2m 4f+ possibly not as effective over 3m

3rd in the Lexus behind Denman. I think this horses’ best distance is 2m4f – 2m6f & on heavy ground would be hard to beat. Won the Irish Henessey with a decent front running performance. Could win a race at Cheltenham but may settle for a chance of a place in the Gold cup. Will back if it comes up soft.
4 bets today from my list 2.20 Master Minded 10pts win @ 10/3 Coral 1st :ok 2.20 Voy Por Usteded 10pts win @ 3/1 Coral 2nd 3.30 Inglis Drever 10pts win @ 11/8 VC Bet 1st :ok 2.55 The Listener 10pts win @ 7/2 Bet365 BOG 4th :ok
40pts staked 67.03pts returned another winning day :ok

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08 todays bets from my list

Franchoek

Cheltenham & Chepstow

Acts on Good & soft. Not raced on heavy.

2m

Another horse that has bags of speed & is fav for the Triumph Hurdle. Showed again at Cheltenham what it can do by running away from its field again. Has to be ridden from the front & will no doubt go close in the Triumph if able to run its race.

Halcon Generlardais

113P-32

Chepstow, Exeter, Haydock & Wetherby

Good to soft & soft – all 7 wins with some cut in the ground

2m4f +, has won over 3m5f but better at 3m.

2nd in the Welsh National in December with an excellent weight carrying performance. Difficult to know where to go next as its unlikely to get soft ground at Aintree. One to follow though!

Denman

11111-111

Anywhere!

Goes on any ground

Effective at 3m+ but has won at all distances below

Won the Hennessy in December with an excellent display of front running. Won the Lexus chase beating Mossbank & will be a warm order for the gold cup. Won the Aon chase with no problems. Goes to the Gold cup in excellent form & should be placed at least.

Kauto Star

11-2111

Haydock, Kempton, Newbury & Sandown

Effective with some cut in the ground

Unbeaten at 3m.

Gold Cup winner attempting to win the >Betfair million for 2nd year for connections. Won the KG with something in hand & will be hard to beat Cheltenham. If the ground rides fast, that’s is the only problem as the horse has limited success (only 1 win in 4). Another quality performance LTO, & goes to the Gold Cup as worthy favourite, would take a wonder horse to beat it.

Breedesbreeze (IRE)

Sandown & Chepstow

Soft, heavy & good.

2m – 2m 4f

Won the Tolworth at Sandown LTO & looks ideally suited to 2m 4f in the future
1.05 BREEDESBREEZE 10pts win @ 10/1 VC Bet 2.15 FRANCHOEK 10pts win @ SP 3.30 HALCON GENERLARDAIS 5pts ew @ SP KAUTO STAR 10pts win @ 5/4 Ladbrokes DENMAN 10pts win @ 2/1 Ladbrokes

todays bets from my list
Franchoek

Cheltenham & Chepstow

Acts on Good & soft. Not raced on heavy.

2m

Another horse that has bags of speed & is fav for the Triumph Hurdle. Showed again at Cheltenham what it can do by running away from its field again. Has to be ridden from the front & will no doubt go close in the Triumph if able to run its race.

Halcon Generlardais

113P-32

Chepstow, Exeter, Haydock & Wetherby

Good to soft & soft – all 7 wins with some cut in the ground

2m4f +, has won over 3m5f but better at 3m.

2nd in the Welsh National in December with an excellent weight carrying performance. Difficult to know where to go next as its unlikely to get soft ground at Aintree. One to follow though!

Denman

11111-111

Anywhere!

Goes on any ground

Effective at 3m+ but has won at all distances below

Won the Hennessy in December with an excellent display of front running. Won the Lexus chase beating Mossbank & will be a warm order for the gold cup. Won the Aon chase with no problems. Goes to the Gold cup in excellent form & should be placed at least.

Kauto Star

11-2111

Haydock, Kempton, Newbury & Sandown

Effective with some cut in the ground

Unbeaten at 3m.

Gold Cup winner attempting to win the >Betfair million for 2nd year for connections. Won the KG with something in hand & will be hard to beat Cheltenham. If the ground rides fast, that’s is the only problem as the horse has limited success (only 1 win in 4). Another quality performance LTO, & goes to the Gold Cup as worthy favourite, would take a wonder horse to beat it.

Breedesbreeze (IRE)

Sandown & Chepstow

Soft, heavy & good.

2m – 2m 4f

Won the Tolworth at Sandown LTO & looks ideally suited to 2m 4f in the future
1.05 BREEDESBREEZE 10pts win @ 10/1 VC Bet :$ 2.15 FRANCHOEK 10pts win @ SP 2nd :$ 3.30 HALCON GENERLARDAIS 5pts ew @ SP :$ KAUTO STAR 10pts win @ 5/4 Ladbrokes 2nd :$ DENMAN 10pts win @ 2/1 Ladbrokes 1st :ok
50pts staked 30pts returned Overall Cheltenham Day 1 40pts staked Returned 182.5pts Day 2 40pts staked 67.03pts returned Day 3 50pts staked 30pts returned Totals 130pts staked 279.8pts returned Profit +149.8pts 13 races 5 winners 4 seconds 1 third

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08 Updated totals (after Cheltenham!) Win Bets 33 Wins 15 EW bets 11 Wins/EW 2/3 Total 44 Wins/EW 17/3 Staked 440pts Returned 645.1pts P/L +205.1pts Yield +46.61% :ok I think it will be Aintree before any more of these run.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08 Sorry havent updated the list since Cheltenham but 3 run tomorrow 2.00 INGLIS DREVER 10pts win @ 6/4 Paddy power 2.35 KAUTO STAR 10pts win @ 8/11 Paddy power 4.55 FRANCHOEK 10pts win @ 7/4 Paddy power These are continued to be followed, Inglis won the World Hurdle in a determined ride up that famous hill, however has never shown a liking for Aintree but .....doesnt give up this season & i am hoping this isnt a race too far. Kauto didnt perform to its rating in the Gold Cup behind Denman & i expect a different animal tomorrow. Franchoek came up against a decent speed horse in Celestial halo in the triumph & i am still not convinced that McCoy rode it correctly that day. I would have thought that King would have gone for the same hurdle race as Celestial Halo had it won the triumph & new tactics here going over 2m 4f. On fast ground, should be ok.

I'll be disappointed if all 3 don't win' date=' definitely 3 that have been worth following and have paid their way over the season. :ok[/quote'] That was coming, all 3 showed the effects of Cheltenham although I felt KS should have held on & 2nd last jump cost it the race (see KS thread).

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08 Master minded is in the list but too short to have any money on. Will give 1 last chance to State of play as i think the track is ideal.

State of Play

164-256

Chepstow, Aintree & Newbury

Acts on Good thru to soft. Not raced on heavy to date.

Raced at various distances. Best at 3m-3m2f

Btn 17.5L by Denman in the lexus however the slow run race would not suit. It’s a stamina horse who could well come good at Aintree in the spring. Disappointing at Cheltenham. I will leave this alone until Aintree now to see if that track brings out the best.

State of play 5pts ew @ 14/1 Totesport Dont forget, this horse won a Hennessey & ran ok in last years Gold cup (6th) before finishing 4th in the Betfair Bowl last year when slightly disappointing. Avoided Cheltenham this year & runs well fresh.

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08 FFS, Ive got Voy per Ustedes in my list & forgot to put it up! Story of my week that is! Showed today what a good horse it is. I was not totally sure that MM's victory at Cheltenham was a bit of a fluke in terms of its distance. On the day, it would have beaten them again & again, but the pace that day was a fierce one & played into the hands of MM. Todays pace was more sedate althpugh again set by Tamarinbleu. You had to think over 2m 4f on drying ground would play into VPU's hands hence it was only 5/1 SP, depsite being against a 2/5 shot. At Cheltenham they were 3/1 apiece so the bookies were taking any chances on VPU at all.

Vodka Bleu

400-01105

Chelt, Chepstow & Haydock.

Better on Good ground but has won on heavy.

Has won between 2m – 3m but most effective over 2m4f

Dropped in the weights recently & showed what it could do with 2 wins in decent h’cap chases. Next race would be off a career high mark of 140+ so best watched (!) Ran with credit behind Kauto star last weekend when having no chance at the weights. Unlikely to win again this season off a high mark of 140+, unless it races over hurdles again (disappointed last time at Sandown)

Did not expect to see this in the National but Pipe team seem to think it has the ideal credentials to be a National horse. Will be ok on the track only doubt is the trip as usual & slightly too high in the weights 5pts ew @ 50/1 Sportingbet (1st 5)

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08 Vodka Bleu showed it didnt stay the National trip & perhaps Johnson just had it in there to keep the winner on its toes, once it goes below 140 OR again, back it, but until then, leave it alone. Well, the thread didnt see an Aintree winner due to my incompetence & haste this week. I missed VPU @ 5/1 & Tidal Bay yesterday @ 6/4, both of which would have seen me make a profit instead of a loss which is really frustrating as i would have put them up but just wasnt on the ball. I will update the thread with final totals to close the jumps season. Final Updated totals Win Bets 36 Wins 15 EW bets 13 Wins/EW 2/3 Total 49 Wins/EW 17/3 Staked 490pts Returned 645.1pts P/L +155.1pts Yield +31.65% Will be back with a flat thread in the next week or so. Thanks to all for your kind support during the season.

Re: Bowles' Jump season 07/08 - Ended +30% yield

Wasn't on here much over the weekend and missed a few threads. Just seen this - great season mate. :clap
Cheers Bily, its the first time i have just followed a stable of horses rather than post all my own bets. Would have ended up more in profit had i included the 2 aintree winners plus also i gave up on Vodka Bleu too early & missed it winning at 12/1 earlier in the season. Intend to do something similar for the flat & doing research over next 2 weeks along with watching the craven meeting closely. :ok