** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Question 2

staffy

You are playing a 10 seater stt and there are 4 people left. Blinds are 150/300. You are sat in SB with 1750 chips before posting SB. BB is holding 1900 before posting. You 2 are the low chips. You are holding 62o and everyone folds round to you. Do you call, raise or push all in or fold.

Guest gazza271

Re: Question 2

I can't push with that. :$ It seems that every time I do decide to try that I walk into something and very rarely get away with the steal. :\
agree with Andy, would almost guarentee I would run into a big PP :\:lol

You are playing a 10 seater stt and there are 4 people left. Blinds are 150/300. You are sat in SB with 1750 chips before posting SB. BB is holding 1900 before posting. You 2 are the low chips. You are holding 62o and everyone folds round to you. Do you call, raise or push all in or fold.
me and GaF are going to disagree here I think - I will say GaF says push (am i right? haven't peeked) I would probabaly fold (dependant on whether the BB is a rock, in which case shove) if the next BB (i.e currently UTG) is a rock I would fold and shove the button instead because your hand can't be worse than this and I would prefer to shove slightly better (like a 8 high :lol) Damo

Re: Question 2 Would depend a lot on how many times I'd pushed allready. If you steal a guys blind 3 times running you dont do it a 4th time with that hand. If you have been tight up till now its an easy steal. Now if the 6 was a 7, I'd probably slow play it in the same sort of way I would Aces or any other premium hand

Re: Question 2 it's an easy push for me if I haven't been pushing all day in the same situation.. I'm sorry if this was mentioned before I couldn't read the previous posts (read some of them) but if you've been pushing all day, it increases your rival's calling percentage.. That's why it becomes -EV.. If this is the first time, it's an easy push and I believe any two cards would be +EV to push since it's the bubble and his calling range should be very low..

Dont care :tongue2 That doesn't impact in any way whether it was the right decision to shove or not - he had 2 random cards, not AK!! Besides AK isn't that bad a situation - you still have 34% equity in the hand :ok
What two random cards would you be better off against other than A/K dont even think your ahead of 5/2 4/2 or 3/2 by much. Still think it depends a lot on your image to him and his image to you. Hardly a simple case of pushing every time this situation arises.

Re: Question 2 Right....... think I'm getting the hang of this. So how sure do you have to be he will fold before you make this play. 100% is good 75% is good I take it mathematicly 50% is good too, 40% ,30% were is the break even point of raising one player in BB with any two cards. First time you do it I want a hand to call with Second time any ace will do Third time any king or reasonably connected cards Fourth time any 2 cards just so you dont do it again Does that make sense?

Re: Question 2 How sure of a fold? Hmmm dont know... If he folds 50% of the time, then you know you're onto a winner :) If he folds 30% of the time and calls 70% 30% Fold equity :ok 70% of the time you will be a 31% shot which gives you about 21% equity That's 51% equity overall, BUT you're getting better than even money - that's good :) If he folds 20% of the time and calls 80% of the time 20% fold equity 80% of the time you will be a 32% shot which gives you about 24% fold equity That's 44% equity altogether - which is pretty close to the proportion of the pot you have to put in (about 45%) - not far from your break even point.... 80% call? That means he's calling with hands like 54o, 95o, J3o, 92s - His range is nowhere near that......

Re: Question 2 Well that explains why your something to nothing project is going so well,why you did so well in the Parbet tournies and why you souldnt be wasting time on micro stake cash tables! Perfect explanation. I've been doing it for years but I never knew why.

Well that explains why your something to nothing project is going so well' date='[/quote'] You wont be saying that after the next update :unsure :sad PS I made it up as I went along - I'm sure slapdash will be along soon with the corrections/real explanation ;)