Euro 2008 Matches (Sep 8)

Re: Euro 2008 Matches (Sep 8)

Can we keep a clean sheet? Do we have to score twice? I was tempted by 6/4 about Slovakia but changed my mind when i heard Vittek was missing. Thank God Shay will be there but we've lost Finnan.
Dunne has been in fantastic form for City, one of the main reasons (alongside Richards) why they have had such a fantastic start! Shay is gonna be captain with him breaking Packy Bonner's goalkeeping record so i think he'll be really pumped up for this and he's one of the best goalkeepers in the world! McShane has had a good solid start to his premiership career, always plays safe and hoofs the ball out of play! Finnan is a big loss, though O'Shea has enough quality to step in (else he wouldn't still be a United!) Keane and Doyle will be more than a handful upfront and i'd like to see Stephen Hunt start as everytime he's came on he's always gave 100% and is a very positive player!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Euro 2008 Matches (Sep 8) I see Scotland 1-0 but wouldnt bet on it, we rely on blood tears and snotters and it works to an extent but we can struggle to break teams down that sit in. whats the team news on Bosnia ? thats been posted on here - I think Bosnia are massive away to Hungary @ 3.20, Hungary are done in this section and IMO the greeks are home and dry, with Turkey having an easy 3 points in Malta Bosnia must win this match. may have a dabble on Italy, notoriously bad starters at any level the italians but can produce it when it matters, wouldnt be surprised to see them edge france 1-0 then go to Ukraine 4 days later and win again.

bosnian coach muzurovic has said they are going for the win and he seems to be trying to get that message across to other players. some players have also said how they have come back in these qualifiers with wins against norway and tukey and must win against hungary who practically has not chance of qualifications.

a friendly match in sarajevo last month in which bosnia played croatia in formation 3 5 2 revealed that in defence we were making too many errors. the weakest part of our game is defence unfortunately so hungary is able to score goals with attacking football like against italy.

muzurovic thinks we don't have quality goal keeper so he called up two others from the domestic league. i can't tell you about them much but they are average.

i expect we will play tighter in defence against them and good news is the misimovic and muslimovic have been both outstanding strikers for bosnia scoring both in last couple of bosnia internationals. currently all our players are fit.

one thing to note is sure bosnia is capable of beating hungary but hungary have started to rebuild their team and good form hence the surprising result against italy. hungary will obviously be confident of beating us again at home but just as the first goal was vital in the first match in zenica when we lost 1-3 it will be important again in the eventual outcome of this match.

good luck if you chose to back bosnia herzegovina
oops ! never seen this post :$ good work sajtion :ok

Re: Euro 2008 Matches (Sep 8) I am thinking to take Romania + Holland + Spain, no analysis, just my bets. Can anyone post the line-ups for Holland and Spain? Romania will start with Lobonţ - P. Marin, D. Goian, Chivu, Raţ - Ov. Petre, D. Munteanu- Fl. Petre, Dică, Mutu - Marica So very strong players. We have won against Belarus with 2-0. I am sure that tonight the victory will be on our side.

Patriots look away now!

Is never something I am 100% comfortable doing, but am planning on opposing England tomorrow. :$ England under McClaren have been poor, especially at home. In the 6 home games under McClaren we have won just 2 (Greece and Andorra) and also failed to beat Macedonia (0-0 draw) last year in qualifying. With either certain absence or serious doubts over the participation of 1st team regulars Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Hargreaves, Rooney, Crouch, Neville aswell as various fringe squad players, this match is by far the foregone conclusion the odds compilers seem to think. Israel are no mugs. They currently sit 2nd in the group and have a fantastic away record the past few qualifying campaigns. They haven't lost a competitive away match since they lost to France in 2003. Since then they have won or drawn in Russia, Switzerland, Ireland and France amongst others. They held England 0-0 at home in March and with England in even worse shape now than they were then I see no reason why England are as short as 1.37 to lay. Englands home record since McClaren took charge and Israels away record in competitive games since start of 2006 qualifying is below. The WON/DRAW/LOST refers to the England or Israel result. Englands home record under McClaren Greece - WON 4-0 Andorra - WON 5-0 Macedonia - DREW 0-0 Spain - LOST 1-0 Brazil - DREW 1-1 Germany LOST 2-1 Israel's away record in competitve games last 2 qualifying tournaments France - DREW 0-0 Cyprus - WON 2-1 Ireland - DREW 2-2 Switzerland - DREW 2-2 Faroe Isles - WON 2-0 Estonia - WON 1-0 Russia - DREW 1-1 Macedonia - WON 2-1 Andorra - WON 2-0 Looks dodgy for us to me, if the bet loses then fine cos England have won, if it wins then its compensation for England probably not qualifying.

Re: Euro 2008 Matches (Sep 8) 19910327 1 1 X X 1 1 England Ireland 19890603 3 0 H H 1 0 England Poland 20051012 2 1 X H 1 1 England Poland 19990327 3 1 H H 2 1 England Poland 19921014 1 1 X X 0 0 England Norway 19901017 2 0 H H 1 0 England Poland 20010324 2 1 X H 1 1 England Finland 19981010 0 0 X X 0 0 England Bulgaria 20051008 1 0 H H 1 0 England Austria 19961009 2 1 H H 2 1 England Poland 20030611 2 1 A H 0 1 England Slovakia 20011006 2 2 A X 0 1 England Greece There's a dozen England EC, WC qualifying matches with a similar gap in strength to the task involved in beating Israel. 8/12 wins is bang on the 66% estimate I'd make for win chance. The chance of England winning by a large margin looks unlikely - it only happens against Poland! BET: Israel +1.25 means you win half on a margin 1 England victory - other half stake returned. This is available at 1/1 or better PINN which should be about a 10% edge.

Re: Euro 2008 Matches (Sep 8) Let me squeeze in todays friendly Switzerland @ 2.10 - Chile Swiss team with almost complete squad, only two new faces for this small tournament in which they will also play Japan team. Only Frei is doubt for this game but he did complete trainig with squad on tuesday. Chile with 6 banned, because of alchohol incident in Copa America. Swiss will certainly take this game seriously as they lack competitve games - directly qualified for EC, because theyre hosts. Latest win vs. Netherlands is a good sign. Medium bet in this case.

Re: Euro 2008 Matches (Sep 8) England for me simply and purely this is a must win game even if they are carrying injuries. It would be hard to see us qualifying if we can't get 3pts against Isreal at home. Spain are another side desperate for the points and they should easily see off Iceland. Therefor an England & Spain double athough might pick 1 more for an accy. Goodluck all

Re: Euro 2008 Matches (Sep 8) Malta vs Turkey There is a huge difference in class I cannot deny as it is obvious. But the 8 th of September is a great day to remember for all Maltese. Going back in history in 1565 the Turks invaded Malta in their attempt to take it over and continuing to concquer Europe. Well incredibely enough brave Maltese were capable to defeat the Turks and send them back home as defeated. Well this was not football but a big war where a lot of Maltese blood was lost. That was the greatest ever achievement for Malta and that day is still very much remembered today and is a public Holiday. Now this day is the 8th of September and accidentally it happend that 442 years after this glorious day the Turks return in Malta...once again to try and conquist Europe but this time by playing a football match. Maltese fans are ready for it and there will be a specatacle in the stadium to commemorate this day. 17000 Maltese fans are expected in the stadium and they will do whatever it takes to make the turks remember this day. It will not be surely a welcome to the turks and they will find a very difficult ambience to play in. Malta is lately playing some good football at home, winning against Hungary and loosing just 1-0 to Greece with a penatly. For this match I would go slowly on Turkey coz they wont trash Malta and the Maltese are all fired up to celebrate this day again. It will not be easy for the turks Visit

to know what im talking about. Forza Malta!

Re: Euro 2008 Matches (Sep 8) How about this for the England v Israel match HT Draw FT England -3/1 Israel have said they will play defensively and go for the draw. England are shite up front and will struggle..can see Israel hanging on until half time and England scraping a second half win...

Re: Euro 2008 Matches (Sep 8) I'm interested in Italy V France. Surely the French can get a point -at least- and stay top of the group. After all, Italy lost to HUNGARY in a recent friendly, so what does that tell you about the current form? Also to be noted, France has not lost to Italy 9in 90 minuts) since 1978 (that's 29 years). I don't see the Italians ending this recor now. Not with THIS French starting line-up.

Re: Euro 2008 Matches (Sep 8) I know where you are coming from mate but I wouldnt read into any Italy friendly - the Italians are always at there best when they need a result - they go to ukraine on wednesday and its now or never for italy in the next 4 days, 2 of the most difficult matches in the section for them, they arent world champions for nothing. that draw/england @ 3/1 posted above is a very nice price for the reasons posted.

Re: Euro 2008 Matches (Sep 8) Hungary over 2.5 Bosnia needs to win this game to continue to give themselves a chance of a top two finish. However while they have a good attack their defence is a shambles. Most of their games result in at least 3 goals, as did the reverse fixture between these two countries where Hungary won 3-1. Russia under 2.5 Russia needs to win this game to stay second in their group and especially because of their fixture against England on Wednesday. The odds of them winning are very low but for a bit of value is the under because Macedonia tends to play well away, and has caused some of the big guns some problems in the past. Russia are probably thinking ahead so will not play with the same determination as usual. They should still win but it won't be easy England under 2.5 Both England and Israel need to win this game but also both will be afraid of not getting at least one point out of it. Defensively, England are very strong and should be able to repel whatever Israel has to offer, However their attack is not that good with toomany players out of form and they are missing Rooney up front. Lampard is out too and Gerrard who is there only other threat, will have painkilling injections to shut out the poain of a broken toe. Israel will play with a defensive frame of mind, knowing on paper they are outmatched but will be reluctant to open up and allow England to score. If England do score it will be only one, as they will shut the game up and look forward to another crunch game against the Russians on Wednesday. Romania The Romanians have the class edge over a Belarus side which has nothing to play for while Romania will want a win to maintain their position at the top of their group. Mutu up front has been playing well and should continue with a goal here. Reports of Belarus' best player (Hleb) being injured will help the Romanians win this Malta over 2.5 Turkey should win this game but the odds about it are poor. They should win by a few goals but they have a important home game also on Wednesday and will look to do enough to win the game. Malta are not a good side but may lift, because of Turkey looking ahead and the fact this game is being played on the anniversary of the Turkish invasion of this island over 400 years ago, so the crowd should lift them to hopefully score a goal while Turkey should get at least the other two. Serbia under 2.5 Defensively, 4th placed Serbia are very strong, especially at home, and know they have to win this game against the 2nd placed Fins. However it won't be easy as their attack is not as good as their defence. Finland have had some good results away and are very well organsied. Led by Hyppia they don't let in many goals, but like Serbia, they struggle to score and this could be a stalemate. If either side does score, don't expect them to go for the second as they will believe that defensively, they can shut the other one out. Croatia over 2.5 Would have preferre to take them -1.5 but that has gone now. Croatia lead the group and should win this game quite easily. They should ven get all three goals for themselves such is the difference between the two sides. In Zagreb it will be an atmosphere the Estonians will not be comfortable with, and the Croatians will want ot ensure that they win and also extend their lead if any of the other chasing teams manage to slip up. While they only won the reverse fixture 1-0 they were satisfied with getting just the one goal but they know in front of their own crowd they will not allow that to be the case again. Also like, Norway Germany Holland Spain Portugal

Re: Euro 2008 Matches (Sep 8) Holland - Bulgaria OVER 2.5 @ 2.02 @ betfair Bulgaria is playing away Holland this evening on Amsterdam Arena. The Bulgarian coach Dimiter Penev is firing an attacking side with 3 forwards. These will be: Martin Petrov, Berbatov, and Velizar Dimitrov. This is Penev second official game and the new coach factor should be still on. In the middle will be Stilian Petrov and Stanislav Angelov, both very good players. Kishishev will play in defense but he is too old to stop the fast Holland attackers. The two central defenders Tunchev and Tomashich are good, but not the class of the elite Holland forwards. They have no replacements however. Plamen Nikolov is too young and have no games in national team. On the other side, Marco Van Basten is up against the wall. He cannot count on FIVE of his players who are injured. But the forwards are all up and ready: Van Niistelroy, Van Persy, and Dirk Kait. Zeedorf may also start. I see attacking football with many goals. Good luck all

Re: Euro 2008 Matches (Sep 8) First time tips but here we go:- Scotland game under 2.5 looks good to me. Lithuania are no pushovers having drawn 1-1 away at Italy, and losing 1-0 at home to France and 1-0 away to Ukraine. Bearing in mind Scotland only scored 2 away to the Faroes and Lithuania have only scored 4 and conceded 7 in 7 games I quite fancy this one. Odds on betfair for unders is 1.88

Germany AH – 1 v Wales. The loss of Giggs is a blow and the efficient Germans can cover what is needed here. Having beaten England 2-1 in our own back yard and also winning 2-1 against the CzechRepublic they are a good side. I know Wales snuffed out the Czechs at home last time but with Klose, Podolski and Gomez to chose from up front I see a 2 or 3 goal Germany win.

-1 ah is a very healthy 1.95 on betfair. Can't see anything other than a german win and if only by a goal we get our stake back.

RussiaMacedonia. A must win game to keep Russia in the hunt as they play us on Wednesday. Anything less than a win and they will struggle to qualify, however they will just do enough with one eye on the game with England mid week. They won the reverse comfortably 2-0 and the AH -1.5 ah is a decent 1.8 on betfair or under 2.5 is 2.1

England clean sheet 1.78 worthy of interest as both teams will be nervous with so much at stake. I can see a stalemate until half time and then England to perhaps sneak one in the second half before defending for their lives and giving us all several heart attacks until the final whistle!! The strongest bet for me out of those will be the German one as they are strolling in their group and if they can beat England in our back yard then hopefully the Welsh will be easy enough to sort out. Good luck to everyone betting today and if you chose my selections, may the force be with us! ;)

How about this for the England v Israel match HT Draw FT England -3/1 Israel have said they will play defensively and go for the draw. England are shite up front and will struggle..can see Israel hanging on until half time and England scraping a second half win...
I like your thinking mate and I will probably either go for unders or England clean sheet as well as this will be a tight game. Israel undefeated away from home since 2005 and played France and Rep Ireland in world cup qualifying group so no mugs

Re: Euro 2008 Matches (Sep 8) I'm contemplating taking Owen to score any time at 7/4 with Will Hill. The reason for this is that Will Hill are offering a special promotion of double winnings should the player score before 20 minutes and 8 seconds in to the match. The same deal is being offered for all England and Israel players in addition to players from other British team Internationals. I feel that if England want to win then we'll need a goal early and Owen is the man for that. If England on the other hand do start nervy and looking unsure then Owen has the rest of the match just to live up to starting odds. I feel he should score and the odds are fairly reasonable as he definitely has the best shout to score out of the England team. Bear in mind that Heskey is 9/4 and 7/4 for Owen sounds ok. The fact that Lampard is out means I think that Owen would take any penalties too.

How about Healy to score at any time which is 2.76 with betfair last time aI checked. Worth a medium stake I would say ;)
Same bet is at 2.25 with Will Hills if you think it's likely there will be an early goal. This would offer double odds with same bet promotion that's being offered in the Owen bet I said above.

How about Healy to score at any time which is 2.76 with betfair last time aI checked. Worth a medium stake I would say ;)
It's probably a better idea backing Healy to score than N. Ireland to win. Better odds and if they are going to win this game you suspect Healy will have to win it for them. Him to be first goal scorer is something like 5/1.

Tip Detail
SportFootball (Internationals)
EventRussia V Macedonia
SelectionRussia (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date08/09/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.22 (Lay)
ReasoningI´ll probably lose this bet, but I really don´t mind at these odds. The odds surely do NOT reflect the true strength-balance between nthese two, and macedonis IMHO are VERY MUCH underestimated. yes, I know Macedonia lost at home by 0-2 to Russia, but the also lost at home 0-1 to England yet got a 0-0 draw in England In fact, they are a better team on the road, proven by the stats: 5 goals scored in 4 away games Vs 1 goal scored in 3 home games. 2 goals conceded away from home Vs 5 conceded at home. A valid arguement is that they played Estonia & Andorra on the road, but the 3-0 win in Andorra (or rather in Barcelona) is the same England got gaianst the same team, and is one goal better than Israel´s 2-0. That´s strong in my book. They managed to keep 3 clean sheets on the road, including one in their visit to England, so why can´t they do the same in Moscow? They managed to score against Israel & Croatia... something the English team failed to do against either of them. Russia conceded 1 overall, which is what really helped them to get teh resuklts, but as far as scoring goals they scored only 11 in 7 games (including TWO against Estonia scoring 2 in each and a game Vs. Andora in which they scored ). That´s not a good offence considering England (playing almost w/o strikers) have scored 12 in 7 games, Croatia score 16, and ISRAEL scored 17 in 8 games. So, let me reiterate.. Vs. Estonia (in Estonia) Macedonia won 1-0. The same as Israel & Croatia. They kept a clean sheet. The same as England & Russia as well. Against Andorra in Andorra, they won 3-0. Same as England and better than Israel´s 2-0, and they also kept a clean sheet like them both. Against England they conceded once in 180 minutes. That´s good defending. Against Croatia (in Croatia) they lost 1-2. Bettr than England´s 0-2, and "offenssively" better than Russia´s 0-0. In fact, Macedonia´s the only team that managed to fold Croatia´s net virginity in Zagreb. I still make Russia favourites due to their GOOD defence, they will probably edge this game by the odd goal, but 1.22 for a lay of Russia?? That seems like a very appealing figure to use!
Tip Detail
SportFootball (Internationals)
EventEngland V Israel
SelectionEngland (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date08/09/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.36 (Lay)
ReasoningEnglish patriots are sure going to love my lay of Russia, but I suspect they´re gonna hate me for this pick! But let´s forget about patrioitism for a moment and concentrate on facts. Israel are unbeaten in their last 9 AWAY games, including draws at places like France, Switzerland, Ireland, and Russia! Israel scored 17 goals so far in 8 games, while England only scored 12 in 7 games, and that was when they -at least- had Rooney upfront. (mind you, the lad didn´t score ANY of them!!) The English may not think high of Peter Crouch, but the fact is Croiuchy´s England´s top scorer in these qualifiers with 4 goals to his name (that´s 1/3rd of England´s goals) and he´s out suspended. Gerrard scored 3, and he´s forced to play unfit with injections because the team simply doesn´;t have anyone else to replace him, as Lampard in out injured, and even Becks -for whatever he´s worth now- is out injured. (Becks did help a great deal in the 3-0 away win over Estonia.) Owne is back, and he´s the only reliable layer in the whole frontline AND midfield (excluding "injured" Gerrard) but Owen needs someone to provide him with the chances to score, or he will have to fall back and get the ball himself. Robinson on the other side concedes goals for fun. 3 vs Fulham, 2 comletely his fault and I still can´t figure for the life of me why he goes off the goal line to do absolutely nothiung but watch the ball being lopped over him! (remember Eduardo´s header in Croatia?) Now Englkand got a goalless draw with a virtually complete team in tel Aviv. Todady they are fielding a 50% 1st choice squad at best. It´s a home game, I know... but the fans are hardly going to hit the pitch and kick the ball themselves. Now Israel got 2 goalless draws against England in the last 2 games they met. And if Englkand scored 5 without a reply in 2 home games in these qualifiers, the 5 goals were against ANDORRA, but they failed to find the net against Macedonia, with a much better attack than their´s today). Israel conceded only 2 in their 4 away games in these qualifiers, and they scored at least once in each of them. Now replace England with ANY other Int´l squad of your choice, and re-read the above. Would you REALLY back the "replacement" at these odds??

Re: Euro 2008 Matches (Sep 8) I wouldnt bet on Serbia on suchs an low odds like 1.50. Finland has been under Hodgson quite good. Major concern is who is playing left defender, we just dont have nobody there at the moment. And sure there is more good players than just Hyypiä and Tainio. Aleixei Eremenko (Saturn, Russia) can be the man of the match easily if he is having one of hes good days, incredible free kicks and lots of creativity. Also hes brother Roman Eremenko (Udinese) is starting lift hes profile and he has been quite good in lower midfield, very promising player. Also our goalie Jussi Jääskeläinen (Bolton) should be given some respect. Mikä Väyrynen isnt full fitness yet and will skip this game, this isnt such a major blow but does limit Hodgsons choices though. On the front Johansson has come to a new spring when transferred to Sweden after dry years of Charlton, hes speed will be needed in counterstrikes. If we can hold on the first 20 minutes then anything can happen. For Serbia they miss their both central defenders, Vidic and Krstajic. Serbia is clear favourite here, but Finland in other hand are always playing better when treated as underdog than when treated as favourites. Good luck what ever your bet is, to me is no bet, to me its couple of beers and watching the game from tube eating my fingernails :D

Re: Euro 2008 Matches (Sep 8) Why are England so short? we are sh*t, plain and simple. Everyone has been slating us, even Bobby Robson. There has to be value on Israel. I can see us knocking the ball about nicely in defence for half an hour, getting to half time at 0-0, we'll see John Terry and Rio patting each other on the back, saying well done son - Not that I'm cynical or anything :) - we might have 1 or 2 half chances?? .... a couple of corners, and then we'll fade out in the second half. Then Isreal will score a flukey goal, say, a deflection off Rio, and then Owen will equalise in stopage time.....and then they'll leave the pitch patting eachother on the back, saying well done, we've done very ....very well....against Isreal....and then Mclaren will bleat on about how much it was a hard game, and the injuries didn't help....and it'll be straight to preparing for the Russia game.... Sorry, but England will not win anything under Mclaren, and play with no passion, so any bet on England has to be a no. I like the the Unders.....or maybe for Mclaren to get the sack once we fail to qualify.