Euro 2008 Matches (Sep 8)

Re: Euro 2008 Matches (Sep 8) Are England worth laying from the off? Lower odds than they should be for the win and England may well play nervously from the off. Then when the odds are up, back England, ensure stake return and try and enjoy the game... if possible.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Euro 2008 Matches (Sep 8) some words about Russian team... Almost all best players ready for this game. Strong defense, normal midfield, good strikers as Kerzhakov, Sychev, Pavluchenko, Arshavin... Team is ok. But! 1.Russia have 1 bad place - that keeper. Akinfeev inj, and three keepers is not good. Malafeev (Zenit) sitting on beanch, Gabulov and Shunin realy bad keepers, espesially young Shunin (Dinamo Msk)... 2. Coach Hiddink said: I dont think about game vs England. Our first target win against Macedonia. And today all russians will play as brasilian team :) Russia want to score many goals, and will play really offensively... Resume: Russia must to score minimum 2 goals and very probably 1 goal lost. Probably score for me 2-1, 3-1 Russia win I take Russia in accumulate bet and over 2.5 GL for all!

Re: Euro 2008 Matches (Sep 8)

Let me squeeze in todays friendly Switzerland @ 2.10 - Chile Swiss team with almost complete squad, only two new faces for this small tournament in which they will also play Japan team. Only Frei is doubt for this game but he did complete trainig with squad on tuesday. Chile with 6 banned, because of alchohol incident in Copa America. Swiss will certainly take this game seriously as they lack competitve games - directly qualified for EC, because theyre hosts. Latest win vs. Netherlands is a good sign. Medium bet in this case.
Great tip mate! Just wish I spotted it before now :wall

Same bet is at 2.25 with Will Hills if you think it's likely there will be an early goal. This would offer double odds with same bet promotion that's being offered in the Owen bet I said above.
It's 3.25 (9/4) with Hills, not 2.25, a huge price!!!! :loon:loon then thrown in the fact that yiu'll get paid at 9/2 if he scores in the first 20 mins and now you're talking. I'm on it, good luck to anyone else who is. :beer

I got on around midday today' date=' theyve obviously taken a fair whack on him![/quote'] Then they must be having party time as he failed to score! :wall Managed to win some on Owen and yeah, not totally sure why how I managed to get the odds wrong! :lol Think was something to do with my maths and converting fractions. I have no idea how to get the site to display decimals as I have tried before and it wont. :(

Malta vs Turkey There is a huge difference in class I cannot deny as it is obvious. But the 8 th of September is a great day to remember for all Maltese. Going back in history in 1565 the Turks invaded Malta in their attempt to take it over and continuing to concquer Europe. Well incredibely enough brave Maltese were capable to defeat the Turks and send them back home as defeated. Well this was not football but a big war where a lot of Maltese blood was lost. That was the greatest ever achievement for Malta and that day is still very much remembered today and is a public Holiday. Now this day is the 8th of September and accidentally it happend that 442 years after this glorious day the Turks return in Malta...once again to try and conquist Europe but this time by playing a football match. Maltese fans are ready for it and there will be a specatacle in the stadium to commemorate this day. 17000 Maltese fans are expected in the stadium and they will do whatever it takes to make the turks remember this day. It will not be surely a welcome to the turks and they will find a very difficult ambience to play in. Malta is lately playing some good football at home, winning against Hungary and loosing just 1-0 to Greece with a penatly. For this match I would go slowly on Turkey coz they wont trash Malta and the Maltese are all fired up to celebrate this day again. It will not be easy for the turks Visit
to know what im talking about. Forza Malta!
omg! they did it again! :/ I registered to post this post :) Portugal -1 vs. Poland should do it I'm a representative of this glorious nation that is about to get pounded :) We have problems with both defence and mainly with 'strike force' - they tried to kill some Portugese with shots over the fence possibly aiming at passing-by cars :)

First time tips but here we go:- Scotland game under 2.5 looks good to me. Lithuania are no pushovers having drawn 1-1 away at Italy, and losing 1-0 at home to France and 1-0 away to Ukraine. Bearing in mind Scotland only scored 2 away to the Faroes and Lithuania have only scored 4 and conceded 7 in 7 games I quite fancy this one. Odds on betfair for unders is 1.88

Germany AH – 1 v Wales. The loss of Giggs is a blow and the efficient Germans can cover what is needed here. Having beaten England 2-1 in our own back yard and also winning 2-1 against the CzechRepublic they are a good side. I know Wales snuffed out the Czechs at home last time but with Klose, Podolski and Gomez to chose from up front I see a 2 or 3 goal Germany win.

-1 ah is a very healthy 1.95 on betfair. Can't see anything other than a german win and if only by a goal we get our stake back.

Russia – Macedonia. A must win game to keep Russia in the hunt as they play us on Wednesday. Anything less than a win and they will struggle to qualify, however they will just do enough with one eye on the game with England mid week. They won the reverse comfortably 2-0 and the AH -1.5 ah is a decent 1.8 on betfair or under 2.5 is 2.1

England clean sheet 1.78 worthy of interest as both teams will be nervous with so much at stake. I can see a stalemate until half time and then England to perhaps sneak one in the second half before defending for their lives and giving us all several heart attacks until the final whistle!! The strongest bet for me out of those will be the German one as they are strolling in their group and if they can beat England in our back yard then hopefully the Welsh will be easy enough to sort out. Good luck to everyone betting today and if you chose my selections, may the force be with us! ;)

Scotland tip lost Germany won Russia won the ah bet but not the unders due to 2 goals in last 10 mins England clean sheet won 3 out of 5 win which gives me a slight profit, just wish I had backed Klose to score first in Wales game as I mentioned him in my write up!!

Just backed Spain in play at 2.1 with betfair as 0-0 after half an hour. This is a key game they must win and I can see them turning the screw in the second half unless there is something I don't know like they are down to 10 men or something!!
They were down to 10 men after 20 minutes. 1-0 down now too.

Re: Euro 2008 Matches (Sep 8) Is Staunton COMPLETELY stupid!?!?!? WTFF!!!! Brings on Douglas (currently playing LEAGUE ONE football for leeds), DARREN GIBSON for his FIRST cap with THIRTY, yes THIRTY minutes remaining (he only brought him on to get his 1st cap so that the Northern FA cannot try and continue to claim that he should be playing for the north as he has a cap - should have brought him on vvv late into injury time to claim this cap and end the argument). He takes off Ireland, who was playing well and was one of our few offensive players, leaves KILBANE on, who was absolutely AWFUL throughout!!! Leaves Andy Reid and Shane Long on the bench (two of the highest rated players from the Denmark game) and Stephen Hunt who i rate highly and would waste time getting forward and causing their defence trouble. :@:@:@ STAUNTON OUT :wall:wall:wall

Scotland tip lost Germany won Russia won the ah bet but not the unders due to 2 goals in last 10 mins England clean sheet won 3 out of 5 win which gives me a slight profit, just wish I had backed Klose to score first in Wales game as I mentioned him in my write up!!
Yeah nice one on the Germany tip, followed it, thanks!

Re: Euro 2008 Matches (Sep 8) As I predicted the Turks found a hard bone opponent in Malta and Malta could also have won in the last minutes. Malta hit Turkey on rapid counter attacks...and as Fatih Terim claimed he did not expect Malta to be so good looking. Me as Maltese felt that it was going to be a good result for us and it was just great to be Maltese and be at the Stadium today. Proud to be Maltese

As I predicted the Turks found a hard bone opponent in Malta and Malta could also have won in the last minutes. Malta hit Turkey on rapid counter attacks...and as Fatih Terim claimed he did not expect Malta to be so good looking. Me as Maltese felt that it was going to be a good result for us and it was just great to be Maltese and be at the Stadium today. Proud to be Maltese
Yes, Turks made it again !! They fu**ed me for big money, but i am not so sad coz they will watch EC again from TV !!! Serbia also !!!

Malta vs Turkey There is a huge difference in class I cannot deny as it is obvious. But the 8 th of September is a great day to remember for all Maltese. ..................... For this match I would go slowly on Turkey coz they wont trash Malta and the Maltese are all fired up to celebrate this day again. It will not be easy for the turks Visit
to know what im talking about. Forza Malta!
-I just went to my bookies site and wondered where the hell did 200 € came, couldnt recall any bet that would made that much winnings, then went to bet history and found out this... 08/09/2007 20:14 Treble
O/0053021/0000013, hyväksytty , päätetty
MALTA vs TURKEY, Draw @ 7.85 (Voitto)
SERBIA vs FINL..., Draw @ 4.25 (Voitto)
ICELAND vs SPA..., Draw @ 5.75 (Voitto)
Maksettu: 201.43
:eek :nana :lol Wouldnt never done that funny bet without your post ! :cheers Thanks !