** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Ascot Saturday 28/07/07

Re: Ascot Saturday 28/07/07 Youmzain 4.20 Ascot Out of the last ten runnings of this race 4 yr olds have won it 5 times and only 3 horses in the race fit that trend - Youmzain, Prince Flori and Dylan Thomas. The horse needs to be delivered late and when its got up its just been in the nick of time. Should have no problems with the ground and as most of the other trainers seem worried Channon seems confident of a big run, preparations have been spot on, the race has been a long term target and it is best at middle distances. a 1st, a 2nd and two 3rds for Richard Hughes, back on board today. Best price 8-1.

Re: Ascot Saturday 28/07/07 3-yolds have won the 2.35 5 times from 7 runnings of this 10f Stakes race. Thers only one 3 y-old running today and thats ONE HOUR trained by M TREGONING with whom jockey R HUGHES has a 40% strike rate. Drying ground should help as well.

Re: Ascot Saturday 28/07/07 4:20 DYLAN THOMAS If you are prepared to overlook the possible ground issue...remember DT won last years Irish Derby trial on yielding ground......he looks a stand out bet to me. Stepped backed up to 1m 4f, which he has not raced over since winning the Irish Derby last year, i believe that trip is the real issue here, and he should simply outclass his rivals today.

Re: Ascot Saturday 28/07/07 3.45 Intrepid Jack EW highlighted in my trends thread, the 20/1 available with Ladbrokes is good value for this consistent performer. Drawn low should be ok & this horse was very unlucky when a nk 2nd to dark missile in the wokingham gaining with every yard. this extra 1f will suit also.

Re: Ascot Saturday 28/07/07 Asc 4.20 Youmzain. It produced good form last year against the likes of Rail Link and Red Rocks and started this year with a good run in Dubai. It has not run at its best since but 12f seems its best distance unlike the 10f it raced against Dylan Thomas and Notnowcato earlier this year and despite only two places being available it looks to have a decent chance of doing just that against some rivals with questions to answer.

Re: Ascot Saturday 28/07/07 Ascot 4.20 - Maraahel (e/w) Has ground to suit. At one time or another has beaten nearly every other horse in the race (the exceptions being Prince Flori & Youmzain - has never met these two before), incl one win and one loss v Scorpion - the loss was on softer ground. 6/1 widely available.

Re: Ascot Saturday 28/07/07 3.10 ASCOT MR AVIATOR 11/1 E/W Can bounce back from a poor run LTO a lot better than that like when beating likley fav AL KHALEEJ over 1m1f.Interesting Jockey booking. 3.45 ASCOT RACER FOREVER 14/1 E/W-UHOOMAGOO 33/1 E/W There looks a lot more to come from RACER FOREVER who was a close up 5th in a hot Newmarket hcap.Has Jimmy Fortune who IMO is the best at riding young and unexposed horses.Although last years 2nd UHOOMAGOO is likely to find a couple of younger horses to good has a fair chance of a place 4.55 ASCOT THYOLO 33/1 E/W I will have a very small bet on THYOLO who has not run for a long time but is on a low mark.7f not ideal but may just run a decent race.

Re: Ascot Saturday 28/07/07 i wouldnt be concerned about the ground, overnight rain wasnt too bad & its been very dry since at least 5am this morning. i still fancy DYLAN THOMAS to show how good it really is. This trip & class suit this horse whereas others are battlers but some need further & some shorter! I got 7/4 this morning which isnt available now. :ok

Re: Ascot Saturday 28/07/07

3.10 ASCOT MR AVIATOR 11/1 E/W Can bounce back from a poor run LTO a lot better than that like when beating likley fav AL KHALEEJ over 1m1f.Interesting Jockey booking. :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap Placed 3.45 ASCOT RACER FOREVER 14/1 E/W-UHOOMAGOO 33/1 E/W There looks a lot more to come from RACER FOREVER who was a close up 5th in a hot Newmarket hcap.Has Jimmy Fortune who IMO is the best at riding young and unexposed horses.Although last years 2nd UHOOMAGOO is likely to find a couple of younger horses to good has a fair chance of a place :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap Placed 4.55 ASCOT THYOLO 33/1 E/W I will have a very small bet on THYOLO who has not run for a long time but is on a low mark.7f not ideal but may just run a decent race.
:hope:hope:hope Hope you get this .:ok

i wouldnt be concerned about the ground, overnight rain wasnt too bad & its been very dry since at least 5am this morning. i still fancy DYLAN THOMAS to show how good it really is. This trip & class suit this horse whereas others are battlers but some need further & some shorter! I got 7/4 this morning which isnt available now. :ok
great ride from a great jockey well done Johnny Murtagh, showed how good this horse can be:nana

Youmzain 4.20 Ascot Out of the last ten runnings of this race 4 yr olds have won it 5 times and only 3 horses in the race fit that trend - Youmzain, Prince Flori and Dylan Thomas. The horse needs to be delivered late and when its got up its just been in the nick of time. Should have no problems with the ground and as most of the other trainers seem worried Channon seems confident of a big run, preparations have been spot on, the race has been a long term target and it is best at middle distances. a 1st, a 2nd and two 3rds for Richard Hughes, back on board today. Best price 8-1.
4:20 DYLAN THOMAS If you are prepared to overlook the possible ground issue...remember DT won last years Irish Derby trial on yielding ground......he looks a stand out bet to me. Stepped backed up to 1m 4f, which he has not raced over since winning the Irish Derby last year, i believe that trip is the real issue here, and he should simply outclass his rivals today.
Asc 4.20 Youmzain. It produced good form last year against the likes of Rail Link and Red Rocks and started this year with a good run in Dubai. It has not run at its best since but 12f seems its best distance unlike the 10f it raced against Dylan Thomas and Notnowcato earlier this year and despite only two places being available it looks to have a decent chance of doing just that against some rivals with questions to answer.
i wouldnt be concerned about the ground, overnight rain wasnt too bad & its been very dry since at least 5am this morning. i still fancy DYLAN THOMAS to show how good it really is. This trip & class suit this horse whereas others are battlers but some need further & some shorter! I got 7/4 this morning which isnt available now. :ok
Well done Bowles:ok Nice going Guys..:clap:clap

Re: Ascot Saturday 28/07/07 I dont normally like the ladies races but bomber Command is standing out at 9/1 for me. It won here 2 weeks ago over the distance. That day, it lead throughout after getting a soft lead but cant see why they wont try it agaion against these inexperienced jocks.

I dont normally like the ladies races but bomber Command is standing out at 9/1 for me. It won here 2 weeks ago over the distance. That day' date= it lead throughout after getting a soft lead but cant see why they wont try it agaion against these inexperienced jocks.
2nd @ 10/1:ok

Re: Ascot Saturday 28/07/07 sorry russ it was a pretty tight and difficult handicap with female jocky's won by 33-1 middlemarsh presumptive finishing placed at 14-1. i've been doing pretty well recently.shall take a little more care and stay away from lady rider races.