** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

I have heard of...

Morris

Basically at the moment I am having a horrid run of form (as we speak Manley is beaten and Gaudio loses the 1st set 6-0:cry) and need to try something new. I was thinking about a system wherby I chose without much research, investigation or knowledge to see how it goes, just relying on one thing - My memory. I was thinking of trying to bet on teams, horses or people I have heard of or remember in any sport for recent years. Take for example... Saturday, 28 July 2007 Basle v Aarau, 16:45 I remeber Basle because of Champions league campaigne and I actually do know that they are good contendes for their league title. But, I am not gonna pour over hours of data and recent results, trends or statistics. I am gonna take that an go with it. Or If I can remember a certain horse doing well, then I will bet on that. Or If I remember a name off Skysportsnews or teletext etc etc (I think you get the point I am trying to make :lol) Most of the names, teams or horses I will pick, I probably won't remember why I actually remember them, but the ones I do I will tell you why. This is a Paper Trail at the moment and probably will be for a long time to come as there is no logic or proper knowledge or stats being used. A bit like the 'I like the name' system being used in the "Glory Hunters' section. Except I dont like the names, but I remember them from somewhere :tongue2. I'll try and keep the staking simple as I got mixed up with figures in a Glory Hunt I did a few months back. I think I might start off with 200 points lets say and see where I can get from there, staking differing amount depending on how I actually feel about the pick, Wish me luck :hope and feel free to slate and/or congratulate!:ok Anything people think I havent covered, any criticisms, any questions, feel free to post and ask, I know I have missed something out somewhere, Cheers.

Re: I have heard of... I am gonna post 2/3 tonight because don't know if I will be able to make it on tomorrow. Firstly - Fish to beat Spadea - 5/6 - I saw Fish a few times playing on the beeb, mainly in Queens etc, but I know he is decent player. odds suggest an even match - Stake 10 Secondly - Kaunas To beat Zeta - 4/5 - I remember this team somehow, I think it might be from Football Manager 07 and there close ties with Hearts, or mabey It is because they played a Scottish team in a pre season or european qualifying fixture - not to sure. Odds suggest they are favourites. Stake 20 Total Stake for tomorrow 30:hope.

Re: I have heard of... Thanks for the comments, and Cassius Marcellus, its good to hear you have been using this system for years, I'm glad I now know this is almost a dead cert system from what you have been telling me.;) Good luck with the rest of your runners, cant say I have actually 'heard of them' :tongue2. Anyways, another tennis player who has caught my eye is Alexander Peya: Peya To beat Marach - 7/4 - I do not have a clue where I remeber this guy from, could have been a good 1st few rounds at a Grandslam, singles or doubles, im not sure. Stake 20 Current bank - 150 - 3 Bets Pending. P.S All odds are being used are from Ladbrokes.

Re: I have heard of...

Love the idea Lucky:clap:clap You probably remember Peya from doubles, he is normally rubbish in singles, but not today:nana:nana
Thank you, yeah I know, he won and so did the other 2 results :loon. Been constantly backing a lot of losers for a few weeks and now I got three in a row from minimal effort. Unbelievable :lol. Number of bets: 3 Won: 3 Lost: 0 Current Bank: 259.33 I'll have a look around for more selections and post them up tomorrow. So far so good.

Re: I have heard of...

I've been doing this system for years. I haven't lost a penny as I'm still waiting for these to run :- Daft cnut Howthefcukdoiknow Youfatbastard Spinonthis Shutitslag Lendusafiver WestHamRChamps LosersRus
If I ever own a horse, this is what I'm going to call it. :D Then you'll get to test the system. Interesting idea, Lucky1. Wouldn't work for me seeing as I only bet on football and 'I've heard of' all the teams. I've saved a load of money since I stopped backing people/teams in sports I've no idea about and going 'Ah I've heard of them, they're bound to win'. Good luck with it anyway.

Re: I have heard of... For today... 7.40 @ Sandown - Shevchenko - 15/8 - I have obviously heard of this horse as its had a bit of press coverage in recent weeks. All, I do know is that it did win its last race and is supposed to be a decent horse, was thinking of doing it each way, but I dont think its worth it. Stake 9.33 Lokomotiv Moscow To beat Rubin Kazan - 9/5 - I think everyone has heard of the big teams in Russia because of their games in the Champions league and Uefa cup. I think that the odds are this high because the Russian league is notoriously competitive and close and because Lokomotiv are away from home which makes this a more difficult match. Stake 25 FK Moscow To beat Saturn Moscow - 17/20 - I have heard of both of these Moscow teams, but I am more familiar with FK and I know that they have got off to a particularly good start in the league this season as I have seen in past weeks when I have seen their results.. Stake 25 Current Bank - 200 - 3 Bets Pending

Re: I have heard of... Looks like another good day :D Shevcheko came first, FK Moscow won 3-2, but Lokomotiv Moscow lost 3-0. All of that means: Number of bets: 6 Won: 5 Lost: 1 Current Bank: 273.07 Will post some more selections tomorrow.

Re: I have heard of... Well, I think I have been moved, so lets continue the Glory Hunt. There is some good Tennis on today, looks like I should have stuck with Peya as he had a match yesterday and also won against World Number 13 Youhzhny:eek. R.Haase to beat A.Pavel - 11/10 - This guy Haase made it far in the last tournament he played and seems to be finding some good form, I remember him being a good player a few years back, but recently he seems to have dropped off a bit, but is back on track and seems to be competing in the ATP tournaments and having some sucess. Stake 20 Andreev to beat Robredo - Evens - I know both players from their Tennis sucesses and failures. I think, that Roberdo is not a solid clay court player and I have heard that backed up somewhere on the forums saying he was lucky to reach as far as he did in the French Open - not too sure about that but I'll go with it. Stake 20 Luzern are a big price against FC Zurich, but I'll give that a miss and go for: Thun to beat Neuchatel Xamax FC - 11/5 - I havent heard of the latter team much, but I have heard of Thun = Simple! Stake 20 And finally... Stake 13.07 on R. Baxter to beat T. Jenkins - 9/4 - Both good players, but In the last round Baxter played Van Gerwen and produced a good comeback to put out the Dutch Teenager. After the match he spoke about it being a confidence boost. I think this might just be good enough to see him produce the form from past tournaments where I had heard of him from. Current Bank: 200 - 4 Bets Pending

Re: I have heard of... Well, not so good today, but I am gonna stick with it though as i wanna see where I can actually get. 4 out of 4 lost, a few tight ones in there which could have gone either way. Baxter couldn't repeat his comeback of recent days, but threatend to do so late on in his match. Thun conceded a 88th minute equaliser to draw 1-1 Robredo beat Andreev on a last set tiebreak - 4-6, 6-1, 7-6 Pavel beat Haase in straight sets - 7-5, 6-4 So, back to a starting bank of 200 it is then. Number of bets: 10 Won: 5 Lost: 5 Current Bank: 200 Everything even, I will post up my selections probably, on Saturday.

Re: I have heard of... A few more have caught my eye for tomorrow. Spartak Moscow To beat Energiya Valdivostok - 5/4 - This is price is also big considering the comparative stature of the two clubs. But, Spartak are away and I think this is why, so I'm sure that once in a while teams in this league away from home? Well, I hope so. Stake 10 Anderlech To bear Bruges - 4/5 - Both bigish teams, but I remember my biggest win including a this Belgian team, so I am confident about backing them. I remember from last season Anderlech being a 'banker' and them regularly beating teams by big margins. This seems to be the Belgiam Community Shield, but I still expect thme to hopefully win in normal time - even though a lot of Finals recently have been settled after normal time. Grrrr. Stake 15 Lokomotiv Moscow To beat Dinamo Moscow - 7/5 - Both decent teams if I remember rightly, but I am backing Lokomotiv due to them being at home which is a big factor here. Stake 15 4.20 @ Ascot - Sergeant Cecil - 33/1 - Is at a huge price for a horse who was being talked about alot at Royal Ascot as I remember as a good runner? Well I'm not too sure about racing, then again this is only to do with things I have heard of, so lets go for it . Stake 5 EW = 10 3.45 @ Ascot - Bianti - 16/1 - Same as above, I have heard of this horse from Royal Ascot. Stake 5 EW = 10

Re: I have heard of... 2 out of 5 today. Bianti was placed and Anderlecht won 3-1. Both the Russian games were drawn and Sergeant Cecil came 2nd to last. Bianti Returns = 25.00, Anderlecht Returns = 27 Number of bets: 15 Won: 7 Lost: 8 Current Bank: 192 I will try and see if I can post up my selections tonight, if not I will post them tomorrow.

Re: I have heard of... Right then... 2.50 @ Ascot - Misaro - 20/1 - Basically the same with the other horses, I heard of this form Royal Ascot and I know that the jockey is decent, big horse race (about 30) so anything can happen. Stake 6 EW FK Moscow to beat Kuban Krasnodar - 11/8 - Now seriously, this will be the last time I bet on one of these Moscow's home or away if this doesnt come in. FK are away again, but have got to be the superior team and there will, one day, be a away win in this league :tongue2. Stake 15 Botafogo to beat Cruzerio - 13/8 - I remember seeing that Botafogo were the early leaders of this league and seemed to be doing well, so I will side with them and see how it goes. Stake 15 Current Bank - 150 - 3 Bets pending

Re: I have heard of... Well not another good day, only 2 have finished, but they have both lost, Misaro was unplaced and FK Moscow lost 4-1 :lol (Never again!). Looks like tomorrow will be a Tennis day, a few good prices out there I see. I think I will go for a few 'bankers' it usually helps when betting :tongue2 Haase to beat Bogdanovic and Moodie to beat Sweeting (Double) - 2.20 - First round of the Legg Mason classic and I think that the in form Haase and Moodie can prevail over their less coverted opponents who have failed to make an impression on the tour this year, I know that Bogdanovic is poor and never really produces the goods outside of Britain and I do not know too much about Sweeting. Haase and Moodie to cruise through for me. Stake 50 That will be it for now until I see what other Tournaments are up and running and what the prices on their 1st rounds will be. Current Bank - 100 - 2 bets pending

Re: I have heard of... Well Botafogo couldn't capitalise on Cruzerio going down to ten men at 0-0, ended up losing 3-2. The tennis bet is yet to start. Some good Footballing fixtures on tomorrow, I hope I can capitalise on them: I remember all these teams from similar fixtures in recent years and their respective leagues. Debrecen to beat Elfsborg - Stake 15 Genk to beat Sarajevo - Stake 15 FC Copenhagen to beat Beitar Jerusalem - Stake 15 Steaua Bucharest beat Zaglebie Lubin - Stake 15 Current bank - 40 - 5 Bets Pending Number of bets: 18 Won: 7 Lost: 11 Current Bank: 40 - 5 bets pending

Re: I have heard of... Well it looks a bit better from today. The Tennis double came in at 2.20, with both Moodie and Haase winning = 110 Debrecen to beat Elfsborg - Stake 15 :cry Genk to beat Sarajevo - Stake 15 :cry FC Copenhagen to beat Beitar Jerusalem - Stake 15 :D Steaua Bucharest beat Zaglebie Lubin - Stake 15 :lol 2 out of 4 on the Football, actually forgot to post the odds up with them. FC Copenhagen to win 4/7 = 23.57 and Bucharest to win was 6/5 = 33 So... Number of bets: 23 Won: 10 Lost: 13 Current Bank: 206.53 It looks like there are a few more football fixtures, tennis matches and horse races. I will have a look and post either later today, or tomorrow morning :ok

Re: I have heard of... Tooodays picks are going to be: 5.45 @ Goodwood - Bianti - 8/1 - This horse seems to be in some cracking form , been winning everytime I see the results in the past few weeks anyway - Stake 16.53 Tennis: Simon to beat Pashanski, Vliegen to beeat Koubek and Andreev to beat Przysiezny (Treble) - 2.70 - All basically players who have been performing well in the past few week and have caught my eye. Stake 40 Current bank - 150- 2 Bets Pending