** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

York 14/7

3.00 - TAGULA SURPRISE - Ok so on paper this has no chance with reversing form with GAME LAD but with that rival going up 8lb and that race being TAGULAS SURPRISE'S seasonal debut [ it's record on it's 2nd seasonal race is 2nd , 2nd , 3rd ] there's hope for a decent run. It's 5 career wins have seen 2 wins over 7f ,3 wins on SOFT/HEAVY going and 2 wins at Class 2 level , so no complaints about the conditions . EW or Place is advised :hope

Re: York 14/7

3.00 - TAGULA SURPRISE - Ok so on paper this has no chance with reversing form with GAME LAD but with that rival going up 8lb and that race being TAGULAS SURPRISE'S seasonal debut [ it's record on it's 2nd seasonal race is 2nd ' date= 2nd , 3rd ] there's hope for a decent run. It's 5 career wins have seen 2 wins over 7f ,3 wins on SOFT/HEAVY going and 2 wins at Class 2 level , so no complaints about the conditions . EW or Place is advised :hope
It's the 3.50 race mate:ok I fancy SKHILLING SPIRIT as the ground went against it LTO.Ran a cracker before that.Was pulled out of a race at Newmarket today so if the ground stay's soft it looks a good e/w bet at 8/1 and it would be no surprise if a good bit shorter come the off.

Re: York 14/7 210 York : Vicious Warrior (12/1) Front runner who could get the race to suit with only one other front runner in the race, showing signs of returning to his best form, likes the soft ground and wont mind if its heavy, trainer usually has one lined up for this track and at 12/1 should make a bold bid for home once hitting the 3f marker.

Happy Birthday Remmer' date=' cant remember when i was 19!!![/quote'] Cheers :ok Getting a full day out at the races paid for me, whooo! :beer Haha, older and wiser I'd say...am i wrong to be looking forward to being full of experience? (after some young life shenanigans of course)

Re: York 14/7 in the 3.50, i'm on the Tagula Sunrise mission after tipping here 1st timne up 2 weeks ago where it certainly needed the race. Last victory was JUne last year off 85. Its down to a rating of 86 today so should have a reasonable chance especially over 7f. Its form on soft to heavy is 3 victories from 7 attempts. in the 2.10 race, Full Victory looks a value price at 8/1 against the short priced favourite the grey berry who is on a 4 timer which to me looks out of its reach especially at skinny odds of 5/4 on heavy ground. 2.40 - Prospect court is in the form of its lefe & there was much to like about its both recent wins on hvy ground at Bev & Newcastle. Form franked again yesterday & although York will be another test, current odds of 5/2 look a decent favourites bet. 3.15 - Fahey has 5 runners in the race (!) that traditionally has gone to 3 or 4 yo's (9 in last 10!). The one i like in the race is Collateral Damage which has been running consistently & can handle the ground. The handicapper appears to have him though but i wouldnt rule him out. Course winner over the shorter 7f distance last year.

Re: York 14/7 3.50: Black Charmer Highest RPR rating of these horses, although highly unpredictable. Beat a competitive field convincingly on second race this year at Sandown, although a bit to prove after two subsequent poor runs. If able to recapture form of his Sandown win, this formerly classy 2yo could take the beating in what looks a particularly open race. E/W at 16/1

Re: York 14/7 WEBBOW 2.10 This horse is owned by a close friend and is expected to run a big race here this afternoon. The only doubt is that the rain has turned the ground heavy. Spoke to the owner about 10 mins ago and the plan is to run. The horse had back problems last year but has come back extremely well this year to finish 2nd on his reappearance and winning impressively in a Carlisle handicap. The horse is known for always trying his best and rarely throws the towel in. Also Mr Easterby fancies his other runner game lad to run well in the 3.50

WEBBOW 2.10 This horse is owned by a close friend and is expected to run a big race here this afternoon. The only doubt is that the rain has turned the ground heavy. Spoke to the owner about 10 mins ago and the plan is to run. The horse had back problems last year but has come back extremely well this year to finish 2nd on his reappearance and winning impressively in a Carlisle handicap. The horse is known for always trying his best and rarely throws the towel in. Also Mr Easterby fancies his other runner game lad to run well in the 3.50
Great info Divot...I think The Grey Berry will take 2.10...Impressive horse,but lets hope for a great race.. :ok

Re: York 14/7 In the 2.40 York there is a horse that was also entered yesterday but was a non runner - Pick A Nice Name. It only ran 2 days ago and was 2nd on soft. Interesting that it's turned out again so quickly and also that it runs today instead of yesterday.

WEBBOW 2.10 This horse is owned by a close friend and is expected to run a big race here this afternoon. The only doubt is that the rain has turned the ground heavy. Spoke to the owner about 10 mins ago and the plan is to run. The horse had back problems last year but has come back extremely well this year to finish 2nd on his reappearance and winning impressively in a Carlisle handicap. The horse is known for always trying his best and rarely throws the towel in. Also Mr Easterby fancies his other runner game lad to run well in the 3.50
interesting about game lad, stable jockey david allan rode game lad to victory lto at catterick, it seems he gets the pick of what to ride? and opts for countdown which he also rode to victory lto also at catterick! surely this is a pointer? all i can say is der der, der der, de de de de, boo countdown for me at 7/1! (cheers for the info on webbow tho, very interesting) tish

Re: York 14/7 2.10 Vicious Warrior e/w 11/1 I agree with Billy (not coping honest)this horse has a good chance.Dean Mckeown gets a few winners for this trainer each season.The horse ran well LTO and should go close in similar conditions today. 3.15 Kyoto Summit e/w 25/1 Has had 2 runs for canny Mick Easterby on the wrong ground.Drop back in trip should be ok has won over 1f futher.I think he will get a win out of horse this season:hope it's today. 3.50 Skhilling Spirit e/w 8/1 I like the top weight here.Deserves to win a race in my humble opinion. GOOD LUCK ALL

Re: York 14/7 3.15 york richard fahey looks strong here, looking for a value bet. going for avoriaz e/w at 10/1. runs win a 5lb penalty for debut handicap win, unexposed 4yo. tony hamilton keeps the faith with this one. go's on the ground. must have a decent chance. tish

Re: York 14/7 3.15 york greek well 5/1 readily available,i know its fav and hate going for favs in these sort of races.But is a horse by sadlers wells so should love the ground the very good and up and coming jockey in william buick who claims the(5) and good old stoutey who loves to win this sort of race. :hope :hope :hope

Re: York 14/7 York 2.40 - Prince Namid (6/1 e/w) By no means a banker and seems to have a lot against it, including wearing cheek pieces for the first time. However will love this ground and has a great draw for this course. York 3.50 - Game Lad (5/1) There's a few I fancy in this including Skillhing Spirit and Mezuzah. Game Lad beat Mezuzah recently, seems in good form and goes well on the ground.

Re: York 14/7 3.15 Smart Instinct e.w. There must be considerable doubts about so many of these in the conditions and the trip. Smart Instinct is unproven at the trip but was staying on at a mile on its last start so that should not prove as much of a problem. It also does have form on softer ground as a two year old and also its form has been boosted this week by the exploits of Shmookh and Tybalt so worth a chance in a competitive race.

210 York : Vicious Warrior (12/1) Front runner who could get the race to suit with only one other front runner in the race, showing signs of returning to his best form, likes the soft ground and wont mind if its heavy, trainer usually has one lined up for this track and at 12/1 should make a bold bid for home once hitting the 3f marker.
Superb mate. Well done - one for you there Remmer (Happy Birthday mate !) :clap

210 York : Vicious Warrior (12/1) Front runner who could get the race to suit with only one other front runner in the race, showing signs of returning to his best form, likes the soft ground and wont mind if its heavy, trainer usually has one lined up for this track and at 12/1 should make a bold bid for home once hitting the 3f marker.
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy cheers billy had a nice touch e/way the horse just would'nt give in :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

2.10 Vicious Warrior e/w 11/1 I agree with Billy (not coping honest)this horse has a good chance.Dean Mckeown gets a few winners for this trainer each season.The horse ran well LTO and should go close in similar conditions today.
Well done also Ted. Thats a nice winner there. :clap

Imperial Echo - 3.50 Looks well treated based on 3 runs this season from unfavourable draws. Worth an each way bet :ok
Good shout that AK, I tried to get on before the off but was too late. :wall Billyhills - great call with Vicious Warrior, cracking price too. :ok

Re: York 14/7 Thanks lads for your happy birthdays :ok Had a good day today and thanks for the selections. excellent as always and was glad to get on some of them, although been out most of the day drinking drunk now and as it should be :lol hope you all had a good day and on to tomorrow :ok :hope