Thursdays NAPS ~ 12/07/07

Re: Thursdays NAPS ~ 12/07/07 Ivy Creek 3.10 Newmarket (WIN NAP) The horse i've been waiting for finally runs at Group Level and I'm confident it will be in the winners enclosure by about 3.20pm. The selection is Ivy Creek and it has won two very strong listed contests over this trip recently. It's Goodwood race saw it get the better of Alfie Flits and Day Flight. When it won at Pontefract it beat Alfie Flits, The Geezer and Peppertree Lane. The latter went on to win a Group 3 race and The Geezer disappointed at the weekend but clearly didn't get the trip. It was ridden confidently by Steve Drowne, picked up nicely during its last race, made good headway and burst through with a good run to get up well. Unproven on good to firm but poor efforts on that ground more likely to do with the trip than the ground. Seemed to swerve right at the end of last race but the better ground was also up that rail. RP analysis said: Quote:

He was following up a similar Listed-race win at Goodwood last time and is plainly progressing soundly. He gives the impression he can hold his own in Group-race company.
That is exactly what I thought and was waiting to see what Group race it would go for. Will have to be the real deal to beat Sixties Icon if that is on form but the way that ran last time worried me and I don't think it was just the ground to blame.

Re: Thursdays NAPS ~ 12/07/07 Traffic Guard 4.20 Newmarket. Consistent type who's been running at a slightly higher level recently. Should apprecate this slight drop in grade, and with no trip and ground worries, should again run his race. Has the bare form to go well, so all in all it all looks in place for a decent effort which can take him close. The favourite the one they all have to beat, but not much between the selection and the jolly and so the value lies with this chap!

Re: Thursdays NAPS ~ 12/07/07 17:05 Lingfield - Bienheureux (RPF 3/1) Much raced selection for this one. Has obvious talent as the stats tell (7 1sts, 6 2nds & 11 3rds). Absolute specialst over 1m4 and seems to get on well at Lingfield (Placed 6 out of 9 times). Has consistently performed above this level and todays race is definatley there for the taking. :ok

Re: Thursdays NAPS ~ 12/07/07 Warwick 15:30 Garnett 1pt Win Won over 16f on Gd-Sft last month and has won off this mark on the AW. Even though he is facing better opposition, no other horse has won or even placed over the ground, which makes Garnett even more appealing.

Re: Thursdays NAPS ~ 12/07/07 TNT JULY STAKES (GROUP 2) (COLTS & GELDINGS) - 14.00PM - Nap Julie Fielden's two year old Spirit of Sharjah comes in fine form and finished behind Winker Watson over 5f in the Norfolk Stakes at Ascot going down by one and a half lengths, and ran on inside the final furlong, and just failed to take 2nd, today steps up to 6f for the first time, and this trip is going to be more of his distance and should reverse the form with WW this afternoon, as WW is attempting the trip also for the first time and their is not enough efficient stats to show in pedigree that WW is going to handle the step up from the optimal trip, Spirit of Sharjah looks a good prospect and with this being Fieldens fourth runner over the july course she has become one of the inform trainers this year and should go close today. Suitable Ground : Good to Firm Jockey % at track : 29.00% / +£16.00 Trainer % at track : 8.00% / +£5.00 Combo % at track : 100.00% / +£10.50

Re: Thursdays NAPS ~ 12/07/07 2.35 Newmarket - Overrule Won strong looking maiden over this distance in April, however subsequently disappointing first attempt in handicap company the following week. Been eased 2 pounds since that effort, goes well fresh, conditions and trip look ideal and a Jeremy Noseda's 3yo was in the winners enclosure here yesterday proving they are in good form. The selection could show maiden win was no fluke today so looks good each way value at around 20s. E/W Nap

Re: Thursdays NAPS ~ 12/07/07 Folkestone 6.20 Pampas 1 pt win. Finished fifth on debut on the all weather in a race that has produced winners and indeed other notable performances so without doubt a fair effort. Also has the benefit of that run over some newcomers. Trainer in decent form and if Pampas can build on that first run on the turf it should go close.

Re: Thursdays NAPS ~ 12/07/07 740 Nottingham : Winged D'Argent Ran well when 6th in the Northumberland Plate, drops down in trip but not many of these are competative and probrably just entered as its a NH Jockey race. Some rain would help but at the price its worth a dabble.

Re: Thursdays NAPS ~ 12/07/07

Traffic Guard 4.20 Newmarket. Consistent type who's been running at a slightly higher level recently. Should apprecate this slight drop in grade, and with no trip and ground worries, should again run his race. Has the bare form to go well, so all in all it all looks in place for a decent effort which can take him close. The favourite the one they all have to beat, but not much between the selection and the jolly and so the value lies with this chap!
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap great stufff

Traffic Guard 4.20 Newmarket. Consistent type who's been running at a slightly higher level recently. Should apprecate this slight drop in grade, and with no trip and ground worries, should again run his race. Has the bare form to go well, so all in all it all looks in place for a decent effort which can take him close. The favourite the one they all have to beat, but not much between the selection and the jolly and so the value lies with this chap!
Very well done on your nap, has shown ability now at 3yrs old and the potential is there and this should give Stan Moore some good confidence going to Turfway Park in September and back to the Carnival in Dubai next year.

My nap of the day would have to be Gallego who runs in the 5.05 at Lingfield. Should get the race run to suit and can win a thrilling race.
Apache Fort drops back in grade and should go close and a nice price at 11/4

Apache Fort drops back in grade and should go close and a nice price at 11/4
1). Rudry World - 4/1 2). Apache Fort - 11/4F 3). Gallego - 9/2 Well we were beaten by the birthday girl Sophie Doyle this afternoon, but i think Gallego should be put in the black book as a winner waiting to happen as travelled well through out and was taken wide and loss 2L, looks off a winning mark and will get in with out a penalty next time out.

740 Nottingham : Winged D'Argent Ran well when 6th in the Northumberland Plate, drops down in trip but not many of these are competative and probrably just entered as its a NH Jockey race. Some rain would help but at the price its worth a dabble.
Nice winner there Graham :nana :nana :nana :ok

Re: Thursdays NAPS ~ 12/07/07 9.10 Nottingham GONGIDAS Well I am siding with the boys in blue in this competitive handicap. He opposes some hardened handicappers here but he is open to a lot of improvement. He ran a nice debut a Windsor where he struggled with a tough head wind. He then justified ridiculously short odds by a sht head at Windsor last month. He ran very greenly again there and looks as if he will come on for the run. Blue Monkey has improved recently on the heavy ground but I cant see him performing as well on the firm going tonight. Very well in on the ratings and I can see him running very well at odds of around 2/1. :hope :hope

9.10 Nottingham GONGIDAS Well I am siding with the boys in blue in this competitive handicap. He opposes some hardened handicappers here but he is open to a lot of improvement. He ran a nice debut a Windsor where he struggled with a tough head wind. He then justified ridiculously short odds by a sht head at Windsor last month. He ran very greenly again there and looks as if he will come on for the run. Blue Monkey has improved recently on the heavy ground but I cant see him performing as well on the firm going tonight. Very well in on the ratings and I can see him running very well at odds of around 2/1. :hope :hope
:clap

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
Newmarket 4.55 Drumfire e/w - see newmarket thread for details
:clap :clap :clap
740 Nottingham : Winged D'Argent Ran well when 6th in the Northumberland Plate, drops down in trip but not many of these are competative and probrably just entered as its a NH Jockey race. Some rain would help but at the price its worth a dabble.
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
9.10 Nottingham GONGIDAS Well I am siding with the boys in blue in this competitive handicap. He opposes some hardened handicappers here but he is open to a lot of improvement. He ran a nice debut a Windsor where he struggled with a tough head wind. He then justified ridiculously short odds by a sht head at Windsor last month. He ran very greenly again there and looks as if he will come on for the run. Blue Monkey has improved recently on the heavy ground but I cant see him performing as well on the firm going tonight. Very well in on the ratings and I can see him running very well at odds of around 2/1. :hope :hope
:nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana