Newmarket 12/07

Re: Newmarket 12/07 Wing Express and Galianna 1.30 Newmarket Spice Route is likely to go off as favourite under Jamie Spencer and has won for him before over 10f but was only 5th last time out in a Group 2 behind Boscobel. Interesting comments from that race analysis: Quote:

Spice Route raced enthusiastically stuck wide in midfield and was another not best placed for the sprint up the straight. He also had to be angled out midtrack for daylight before edging closer, picking up takingly to suggest there is more to come.
Willing to oppose it at likely short odds as he could find himself in trouble on it again even if it will be suited by the step up in trip. The two I'm going to take each way are Wing Express and Galianna. Both are unproven at this level of racing and Galianna has the lowest BHB rating. Wing Express is from Cumanis yard and may have only won a maiden last time out but it improved for the step up in trip, won well enough and it's interesting that he's not aimed it at a handicap and decided to run it at Listed level instead. Clearly has improvement in it and may be able to get close at around 5-1. Galianna may have the lowest rating but I don't think it is the worst horse in the race and seems progressive enough to get involved at a big price. That also improved for the step up in trip and battled well to just get up at the finish. Some of the other more fancied horses have stamina doubts and this looks a good price at around 20-1 but needs to improve. Also interesting that Kinane rides for Eddery, who is in quite good form lately. Ivy Creek 3.10 Newmarket The horse i've been waiting for finally runs at Group Level and I'm confident it will be in the winners enclosure by about 3.20pm. The selection is Ivy Creek and it has won two very strong listed contests over this trip recently. It's Goodwood race saw it get the better of Alfie Flits and Day Flight. When it won at Pontefract it beat Alfie Flits, The Geezer and Peppertree Lane. The latter went on to win a Group 3 race and The Geezer disappointed at the weekend but clearly didn't get the trip. It was ridden confidently by Steve Drowne, picked up nicely during its last race, made good headway and burst through with a good run to get up well. Unproven on good to firm but poor efforts on that ground more likely to do with the trip than the ground. Seemed to swerve right at the end of last race but the better ground was also up that rail. RP analysis said: Quote:
He was following up a similar Listed-race win at Goodwood last time and is plainly progressing soundly. He gives the impression he can hold his own in Group-race company.
That is exactly what I thought and was waiting to see what Group race it would go for. Will have to be the real deal to beat Sixties Icon if that is on form but the way that ran last time worried me and I don't think it was just the ground to blame. [url=http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48794&page=8] Man Of Vision 2.35 Newmarket Another runner from the PL race day in February and that 2nd to Silkwood looks even better now. Has also run well when beating Serengeti on the all weather and when stepped up in trip on turf to beat Gull Wing. Not sure if high draw will be a hinderance over this trip as some of it's best runs have been when held up. Tried to lead last time out over 12f and tactics were wrong, faded last 2f. Back to 10f today, more than capable of taking this and the 16-1 with Bet365 BOG is massive. Has won on the expected good to firm ground.

Re: Newmarket 12/07 4.55 Newmarket Class 3 handicap over the minimum trip, with a big field of 17 runners. Open race, but have to favour those drawn high so we'll plump for: Woodcote (RPF 12/1) - Top weight here with 10st for Clive Cox's charge here. However stepped down to Class 3 handicap for only the 3rd time in handicap company. Didn't win at that level but once was poorly drawn, running a good race in the process, and the other time was too small a field of just 8 runners. Important factors for me today are the trip of 5f (only ever won at this trip), has a plum draw in 16 of 17, which is not just an advantage on yesterdays evidence, but this horse also hangs badly to the right so having this running rail will help massively. As said earlier, dropped in class and down 2lb, which is 1lb below its last winning mark. Kevin Darley gets on well with this horse, despite not steering it to victory just yet. Form figures of -808 this term look average at best, but it may just put those right in the last race at Newmarket today.

Re: Newmarket 12/07 Horse Name: GASPER VAN WITTEL Racecourse: Newmarket Time: 2.00 Absolutely romped home in a poor class 4 race LTO to win by 8L's but connections said afterwards that he won despite hating the soft ground(it was officially good to soft with the riders reporting it to be soft and holding) and that he had improved since his debut win over the minimum trip of 5F. He takes a big step up in class but drawn well with Frankie on he can give you a better run for your money at 8/1 than the 2/1 for the 'Fav'. Agree with the doubts over Sixties Icon Mowgli, Frankie said it just ran flat and really didnt give a good excuse and certaintly not worth the price being offered. Horse Name: LUCARNO Racecourse: Newmarket Time: 3.10 Drawn high, this 3 year old receives over a stone in weight to his rival Sixties Icon who is drawn low, 2nd in the King George on good ground( 3rd place Yellowstone ran well in the Coral-Eclipse Stakes at Sandown on Saturday) and he ran a cracker to get 4th in the Derby. Has won on todays GF and progressing nicely at todays 12F

Re: Newmarket 12/07

Man Of Vision 2.35 Newmarket Another runner from the PL race day in February and that 2nd to Silkwood looks even better now. Has also run well when beating Serengeti on the all weather and when stepped up in trip on turf to beat Gull Wing. Not sure if high draw will be a hinderance over this trip as some of it's best runs have been when held up. Tried to lead last time out over 12f and tactics were wrong, faded last 2f. Back to 10f today, more than capable of taking this and the 16-1 with Bet365 BOG is massive. Has won on the expected good to firm ground.
I remember that as I had it that day as oppose to the Jarvis horse, takes a nice drop in trip and 2lb down in the ratings and drawn well, I agree its a big price.:hope

Re: Newmarket 12/07 Eddie Jock looks the pick in the 4.20 but 3 things put me off, 1, Spencer 2, Draw 3, Price He should piss this on the ratings but Id rather have a nibble on a good E/W like: Traffic Guard- Decent efforts over at Nad Al Sheba and could make his presence felt having run behind some good types. Ran a good race at Ascot LTO(4th at 66/1) wearing cheek pieces for the first time and connections have kept them on today edit: Just opened up the RP website and guess who there picking :lol Selections 1 Gaspar Van Wittel @ 8/1 2 Man of Vision @ 16/1 3 Lucarno @ 4/1 4 Traffic Guard @ SP Multiple Bets 15 x 0.50 Lucky 15 EW Stake: 15.00

Re: Newmarket 12/07 15:10 - Sixties Icon (9/4) IMO whoever finishes ahead of Sixties Icon will win this race. However, I can not see anything getting there. I had a look at Lucarno. I think he could get a place here but would expect a much bigger price for a horse unconvincing at the trip. Sixties Icon looks like he follows up a win with a poorer effort. Well last time out in the Coronation Cup @ Epsom he really let himself down. 7/7 looks worse than actually was. Frankie eased right down when beaten. I fully expect him to be back to his best today. GL

Re: Newmarket 12/07 2.35 Buccellati ew @ 20/1 Ran twice over 10f doing all best work at finish in both races. Down to 8f last time at Royal Ascot was outpaced and never got into the race. Not sure hold up tactics needed , just seems to have had some bad draws which have made it difficult for the horse to get into a good position in a couple of races.Today with a good draw and a straight track more likely to suit ,no excuses with regard to conditions. Been keeping good company this season and has run well at Newmarket as a 2yo. Off bottom weight can be involved in finish

Horse Racing
Event3.10 Newmarket
SelectionSixties Icon
Strength9/10
Date12/07/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfred @ 3.50 (Back)
ReasoningSixties Icon, Is now dropped down in class from its last race, Ran very dissappointingly LTO, Expect this horse to bounce back to form here with a emphatic win. 10pts win

Re: Newmarket 12/07 4.20 Newmarket I was all set to tip Eddie Jock for this race and then I saw who was jockey was, Jamie Spencer which on his last 3 rides on this horse has come 3rd, 2nd & 2nd enough to put me off. So I am going to go with the top weight Drumfire which apart from his last race which was in far too heavy conditions has run well in all its previous races (includeing a G3 Victory and a good 3rd in the Goffs million), although at a furlong less than today, but with the ground firming up I can't see this being a issue. E/W bet at generally 8/1.

Re: Newmarket 12/07 2.35 Newmarket - Overrule Won strong looking maiden over this distance in April, however subsequently disappointing first attempt in handicap company the following week. Been eased 2 pounds since that effort, goes well fresh, conditions and trip look ideal and a Jeremy Noseda's 3yo was in the winners enclosure here yesterday proving they are in good form. The selection could show maiden win was no fluke today so looks good value. Each Way 16/1.

Re: Newmarket 12/07 2.35. A tough handicap but a couple that catch the eye at an each way price are: Man of Vision and Buccellati. Man of Vision drops back in trip from a disappointing effort at Ascot but prior to that had some very solid form against types that have gone on (Silkwood, Serengeti) and the drop back in trip should suit. Moving up in trip is Buccellati who was outpaced at Ascot but again prior to that had some decent runs without really winning and making some eyecatching progress whilst doing so. Right at the bottom of the weights a bold run is expected.

Horse Name: GASPER VAN WITTEL Racecourse: Newmarket Time: 2.00 Absolutely romped home in a poor class 4 race LTO to win by 8L's but connections said afterwards that he won despite hating the soft ground(it was officially good to soft with the riders reporting it to be soft and holding) and that he had improved since his debut win over the minimum trip of 5F. He takes a big step up in class but drawn well with Frankie on he can give you a better run for your money at 8/1 than the 2/1 for the 'Fav'.
:@ :@ :@ :@ Fooking Jockey change and now I have twat head on it Spencer:sad:sad I swear to god he lets me down for my e/w L15 I'll hunt him down...

2.35 Newmarket - Overrule Won strong looking maiden over this distance in April, however subsequently disappointing first attempt in handicap company the following week. Been eased 2 pounds since that effort, goes well fresh, conditions and trip look ideal and a Jeremy Noseda's 3yo was in the winners enclosure here yesterday proving they are in good form. The selection could show maiden win was no fluke today so looks good value. Each Way 16/1.
Although on it's maiden win Overrule got first run, it's chances have been given a wee boost by the 2nd place horse that day, Tranquil Tiger, winning the first at Newmarket! :hope:hope

Re: Newmarket 12/07 Anybody bother to go with the RPR highs like yesterday? Already the first two today...same ending? 1:30 SPICE ROUTE 109 4th TRANQUIL TIGER 108 1st @ 11/4 (Opened 5/1 @ Totesport & StanJames) 2:00 SWISS FRANC 108 3rd @ 5/1 WINKER WATSON 107 1st @ 11/4 2:35 PIPEDREAMER 98 BID FOR GLORY 98 3:10 IVY CREEK 118 MASHAAHED 115 3:45 SPANISH BOUNTY 87 ALWAABEL 82 4:20 EDDIE JOCK 113 TRAFFIC GUARD 105 4:55 MOORHOUSE LAD 100 FOREST DANE 89

Anybody bother to go with the RPR highs like yesterday? Already the first two today...same ending?............ ..... .... ..
1:30 SPICE ROUTE 109 4th TRANQUIL TIGER 108 1st @ 11/4 (Opened 5/1 @ Totesport & StanJames) 2:00 SWISS FRANC 108 3rd @ 5/1 WINKER WATSON 107 1st @ 11/4 2:35 PIPEDREAMER 98 4th @ 6/1 Placed BID FOR GLORY 98 Unplaced 3:10 IVY CREEK 118 Unplaced MASHAAHED 115 Unplaced 3:45 SPANISH BOUNTY 87 Won @ 14/1 (20's at Betfair) ALWAABEL 82 Non Runner ELLEMUJIE 74 Unplaced 4:20 EDDIE JOCK 113 Unplaced TRAFFIC GUARD 105 Won @ 9/2 4:55 MOORHOUSE LAD 100 Won @ 7/2 (5's & 6's at Betfair) FOREST DANE 89 5 wins from 7 events...much better ending for today.