Champions League Semi-Final 2nd legs Tues 01/05 - Weds 02/05

Re: Champions League Semi-Final 2nd legs Tues 01/05 - Weds 02/05 In the theory of dreams being positive indicators to future success and events... Cristiano Ronaldo will score a free kick tomorrow.... so I will back small stakes on him to score any time! I know that's hardly any justification for a bet but hell this game is so tight to call! So I apologise for this one. I will give an alternative here and say that Milan will win 2-1 with Ronaldo to score that goal. I think that Man U have weak defence still and look too vulnerable. At San Siro Milan are clever and can make Man U pay for any mistakes especially if Kaka can repeat his showing of last time out. If Man U concede first then they won't stand a chance. If on the other hand they score first then sitting back is against their type and could lead to their downfall. Either way I think it's destiny that Milan v Liverpool final will be repeated. So there we go...destiny and dreams all in one punditry post..... lol Can't see Ronaldo on WillHill scorecast :/ so don't know why he's missing but maybe my bet is a no goer from the off! lol

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League Semi-Final 2nd legs Tues 01/05 - Weds 02/05

I see a repeat of the Istanbul thriller. Milan surely know how to do it. How sweet could it be?
I'm not so sure about that... with R. Ferdinand and Vidic back in the squad I'm not sure i can see AC scoring two (As you would quite correctly assume ManUth will score) considering the type of goals they scored @ OT and the quality of goals they have scored recently + they just reliant somewhat on Ronaldo now as he is cup tied it will be difficult 4 them relying now on Kaka (as Gilardino is dead ATM... i spell bady i know) perhaps Inzaghi will make an appearence but not sure he can do it either... as both teams need 2 score (ManUtd will know they wont be able to rely on 1 goal lead) I'd say this game will have many goals but the over 2.5 is likely 2 b short so I'll be backing ManUtd 4 the win depending on odds perhaps on -0.25 if odds are good enough...

Re: Champions League Semi-Final 2nd legs Tues 01/05 - Weds 02/05 i think i am the first i suggested that we gonna have a repeatition of the Instabul thriller, it is written in previous threads go and read here i go on MILAN max stakes, full bank, why?? very simply i dont see any other result than HW, man utd is very good when playing at home,truly i give them NILE chances today, milan is definitely class above than utd, when i say class above, i have heavily in my mind what milan succeded in recent history of champions league, and what man utd did, also how much evergy man utd spent against everton -unbeleivable come back from 0-2 down to a glorious 4-2 victory-and all this scenario within 35 minutes of time! imo, utd is short of energy, while milan won comfortably against torino with alternative squad, Milan to win @2.25 on betfair maximum confidence bye bye boys

Re: Champions League Semi-Final 2nd legs Tues 01/05 - Weds 02/05 ^ I couldn't disagree more The only thing that makes Milan a good team from an average team is Kaka. He took 2 fantastic opportunist goals in the 1st leg to give Milan a hope in the return leg. Apart from the 2 goals Milan didn't do a hell of alot. Man United looked unimaginative and tired in the first half against Everton in the EPL but you simple cannot deny they are having a freaky season scoring goals at will (ala 1999 Treble winning season). Make no doubt about it, Manchester United will score. The only question will be how many they concede with their makeshift defence. However considering have both Vidic and Ferdinand have travelled to Italy in the team the odds are that at least one will play, maybe even both. A wise man would wait for the confirmation of team line-ups before throwing too much money at this one.

i think i am the first i suggested that we gonna have a repeatition of the Instabul thriller, it is written in previous threads go and read here i go on MILAN max stakes, full bank, why?? very simply i dont see any other result than HW, man utd is very good when playing at home,truly i give them NILE chances today, milan is definitely class above than utd, when i say class above, i have heavily in my mind what milan succeded in recent history of champions league, and what man utd did, also how much evergy man utd spent against everton -unbeleivable come back from 0-2 down to a glorious 4-2 victory-and all this scenario within 35 minutes of time! imo, utd is short of energy, while milan won comfortably against torino with alternative squad, Milan to win @2.25 on betfair maximum confidence bye bye boys
Sorry to burst your bubble, but no matter how confident you are with a bet, you should never put your full bank on. As a famous German legend once said - "The ball is round".

Re: Champions League Semi-Final 2nd legs Tues 01/05 - Weds 02/05 I'll be taking the following with Bet365: 0.8unit ManUtd to win from behind @ 13 0.2unit ACMillan/ManUtd HTFT @ 29 2units ManUtd win HT @ 4.33 4units Over2.5 Goals @ 2.05 1unit 4 Goals or more @ 3.75 Looking 4 this to be a classic ManUtd match... I would say there will be a goal in the first half at least... If ManUtd score the game will open up and it is more than likely the game will end swiftly with ManUtd outscoring AC 3-1,4-2 or something of that nature... and if AC score first ManUtd then are loosing under AG rules and will therefore push hard 4 goals and at a price tag of 13 for ManUtd 2 come from behind 2 win and 29 4 HT/FT who can resist... the only thing that is going to stop goals flowing freely in this game is a goaless 1st half... and with ManUtd's still makeshift defence and Maldini out Both teams will have more than a little trouble keeping each other out... IMO of course :tongue2 Also add: 2units Kaka 2 score anytime @ 3.4 Unless Gilardino wakes out of his CL slumber than this should cover the dreaded AC milan win... It could happen anyway which would be nice

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventAC Milan v Man Utd
SelectionKaka Anytime Scorer
Strength7/10
Date02/05/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 3.50 (Back)
ReasoningHaving finished 3-2 at Old Trafford, Milan know they have to score. Kaka scored twice at Old Trafford and has scored 9 goals in 11 Champions League games this season and is top scorer in the competition. He is also penalty taker and Milan's key man. He looks the most likely way to breach the Utd defence as proven in the match at Old Trafford and the price looks too big. GL

Re: Champions League Semi-Final 2nd legs Tues 01/05 - Weds 02/05 Thank god the scurge of european football are out of the biggest prize in europe,, chelsea are an very ugly team,, how many balls were hit long. It was a terrible game really. i had a bet on liverpool to win in 90 mins at 6/4 so that made it a bit better though. :D . By the way i'm a united fan,, what better incentive than to face liverpool in the final,, man utd will be going hell for leather. Come On the RED DEVILS :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

Re: Champions League Semi-Final 2nd legs Tues 01/05 - Weds 02/05 ac-utd.gif Twice before, in 1958 and 1969, United have fallen to Milan at this stage of the competition. Ferguson himself has suffered semi-final defeats against Borussia Dortmund and Bayer Leverkusen but a better statistic for United followers is that their club have not lost a European tie after winning the first leg since 1985 and have never done so under Ferguson. 2-2 DRAW and Utd to meet Liverpool in Athens;) Draw @ 11/5 Bet365

Re: Champions League Semi-Final 2nd legs Tues 01/05 - Weds 02/05 Milan over 2.5 Milan need to score 1 goal to go to the next final. However, if they do, then it is up to Man Utd to score to return the tie back in their favour. And so on and so on. These two teams will not sit back on just a 1 goal lead as they know each possesses the attacking ability to score goals. This should be an open game, and Ferguson has indicated, that they will continue to play their normal attacking game, as he believes this gives them the best chance of going through to the final

Re: Champions League Semi-Final 2nd legs Tues 01/05 - Weds 02/05 Just a question. If Milan wins... then is the team that goes through the one with the most away goals? If so, then with 2 away goals shouldn't Milan be huge favourites to qualify?

shouldn't Milan be huge favourites to qualify?
As huge as the chance to win the game. And that is exactly 33.33% none less none more. My bet is OVER for this game. Good luck all

Re: Champions League Semi-Final 2nd legs Tues 01/05 - Weds 02/05 Totaly agree, I believe Milan will go through and Beat Man U after 90' minutes

I see a repeat of the Istanbul thriller. Milan surely know how to do it. How sweet could it be?
Yesterday odds on Liverpool v Milan in the final were 5.5..

Re: Champions League Semi-Final 2nd legs Tues 01/05 - Weds 02/05 IMO there is more value in Milans 2.30 odds (2.45 is available at Betdaq). Why? 1. Usually teams with good defence do well in Euro cups. Its not at all surprising to see Pool, Chelsea and Milan in semis. Man U is a team better suited for PL then for Europe (this is strictly my opinion) and they dont defend well when under pressure which Roma proved in Italy. 2. In the first match Milan showed that they are more then able to beat Man U. At Meazza Milan will push forward and the Italians will have more boll possesion. This will leave Man U defending/chasing the boll. This is something that they are not used to and considering the fact that many defenders are missing for the english side i wouldnt be surprised to see them concede 2-3 goals. Man U-s best chance to qualify is to try to attack Milan and try to dominate the match. As far as I can remeber Milan had more possesion in the first match and besides, how many foreign sides are able to dominate Milan at San Siro? All in all, Roma was able to beat Man U and Milan has even more quality in their squad and they almost always do well in Europe. Pool, Chelsea and Arsenal are all coached by continetal coaches and honestly they have had better results in CL lately. Milan will put them under pressure which is something that they are not really used to. Milan @ 2.45 Betdaq for me, but if you wait untill the kickoff you should be able to get at least 2.50 PS. I'm an Inter fan :D

IMO there is more value in Milans 2.30 odds (2.45 is available at Betdaq). Why? 1. Usually teams with good defence do well in Euro cups. Its not at all surprising to see Pool, Chelsea and Milan in semis. Man U is a team better suited for PL then for Europe (this is strictly my opinion) and they dont defend well when under pressure which Roma proved in Italy. 2. In the first match Milan showed that they are more then able to beat Man U. At Meazza Milan will push forward and the Italians will have more boll possesion. This will leave Man U defending/chasing the boll. This is something that they are not used to and considering the fact that many defenders are missing for the english side i wouldnt be surprised to see them concede 2-3 goals. Man U-s best chance to qualify is to try to attack Milan and try to dominate the match. As far as I can remeber Milan had more possesion in the first match and besides, how many foreign sides are able to dominate Milan at San Siro? All in all, Roma was able to beat Man U and Milan has even more quality in their squad and they almost always do well in Europe. Pool, Chelsea and Arsenal are all coached by continetal coaches and honestly they have had better results in CL lately. Milan will put them under pressure which is something that they are not really used to. Milan @ 2.45 Betdaq for me, but if you wait untill the kickoff you should be able to get at least 2.50 PS. I'm an Inter fan :D
Firstly let me say :welcome to the PL, ... but there is one thing you have taken as pure fact that is a questionable descision and perhaps a fatal mistake IMO... obviously I'm not out to change your mind as you have your reasons and you believe them to be adequate however you make the point that Milan are more than able to beat ManUtd at the back... while this was true it was an uncommon combination of purely individual brilliance and defence blunders that (assuming Ferdinand and Vidic play) with the added experience will not occur as much tonight... because the problem was inexperience and players out of positions it should not happen to that extent... that is Milan will more than likely score but will be pressed to put 2 in unless highly motivated to do so eg. ManUtd go up by 2 early... ... but I hope to see you around posting with the same quality as above you will be a fine contribution to the Lounge... Gl

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event AC Milan vs Manchester United
Selection AC Milan -0.25 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 02/05/2007
Bookmaker/Price canbet @ 2.07 (Back)
Reasoning AC Milan will play with Pipo today upfront and I think this is a positive move for AC Milan. Finally now Kaka will have an effective partner in Inzaghi compared to Gillardino. And Gattuso will be back which is massive, even though missing Maldini would hurt. But I think AC Milan should win at Old Trafford last time if not because Gattuso and Maldini were out. Gattuso has been causing a lot of problems for MU midfielders while Maldini has been very solid compared to Brocchi who showed us that he is a quality below Maldini. I think he costs Milan the well deserved draw on the 1st leg. So today we can expect for Milan to go find that 1 goal which will give them the edge over MU to qualify. We could possible be set to see another thriller today in the CL after a low scoring affair match earlier from Chelsea and Liverpool. Ofc MU can't be underestimated here. They have Vidic / Ferdinand back which is massive if at least one of them could feature for MU. However, MU should be tired after the hard game in Everton while Milan is fresh as ever after Ancelloti able to rest some players on the match against Torino. So the argument that MU have young athletes that could out muscle AC Milan old guns could be somewhat balanced due to this factor. Despite saying that, I still think MU is a major threat and maybe they can overcome their tiredness after a hectic season with pure motivation here. But when two top tier teams meet together, I always prefer to take the home side here. When we match players to players for both team I have to say they are very equal in quality at the moment with perhaps MU have the attacking edge in Rooney over Inzaghi. However, tradition, experience and arguably a stronger defensive line-ups today had made me to side with Milan. Might take TG Over 2.5 goals but will place it later.

Re: Champions League Semi-Final 2nd legs Tues 01/05 - Weds 02/05 No way Man U can win tonigth. Red devils always defeated in San Siro and never a goal in Milan. That's what the story says. I saw them struggling in Rome, this time things are getting even worse IMO... Inzaghi is on the starting eleven instead of Gilardino, another reason to back Milan for sure. My prediction is Milan -1AH, 5.4 @ Unibet: PURE VALUE.

Re: Champions League Semi-Final 2nd legs Tues 01/05 - Weds 02/05 Thank You M....We'll see what happends. Im basing my picks on value and I give Milan close to 50% to win tonight (nice value in other words) which might seem very optimistic to many. However, I'm sure that Milan will have more possesion tonight which wont suite Man U. Whatever happends I'm sure that its gonna be a cracking fight!

Re: Champions League Semi-Final 2nd legs Tues 01/05 - Weds 02/05 I am staying away from this one for one reason: Milan's questionable coaching that let MU take the second half in the first leg. I honestly don't know what to think about that early substitution and tentative play...not sure if he took the 2-1 lead as a final or what. BOL everybody.

Re: Champions League Semi-Final 2nd legs Tues 01/05 - Weds 02/05 Fancy goals tonight but OVER 2.5 a little short at evens. The game could go either way judging from the first leg so wont be involved in the 1X2. Few small interest bets for me instead (unless there is a late drift on the overs price): SEEDORF 21.0 1st Scorer EW Skybet ROONEY to be booked 3.25 Blue Sq ODDO 1st card 21.0 Blue Sq Seedorf is a decent price, think Milan will score and he will get forward to support the forwards. Rooney always seems to get booked and it wont keep him out of the final if he does. Oddo big price for a few quid, will be up against Ronaldo as Milan left back. Prediction 2-1

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event AC Milan v Man Utd
Selection United to qualify
Strength 10/10
Date 02/05/2007
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.74 (Back)
Reasoning man United are going to Italy in need for at least a draw in order to advance forward to the next round. Vidic and Ferdinand might be back in action. If that's the case then Milan don't stand a chance in scoring. Just think about it. They had 4 chances at the Old Trafford, all Kaka and scored 2 goals. And that because Vidic, Ferdinand, Silvestre and G. Neville were al out. Heinze had to play center and Evra made a really big mistake at the second goal. If United has his center defenders back then it will get much tougher for Milan. I think Milan has problems with their offense. Having just 2 attackers in the squad: Ronaldo and Gilardino. Ronaldo doesn't have the right to play in Europe this season and Gilardino played attacking midfielder for most of his career at Parma. Next, they got Kaka the only real attacking threat. He scored the only goal that put Milan over Celtic and the only two goals at Old Trafford. On the other hand AC Milan has a really tough defense, but in the form United is right now I think it's impossible for them not to score at least a goal at the San Siro. I think chances for United to go through are almost 80%.

Re: Champions League Semi-Final 2nd legs Tues 01/05 - Weds 02/05 Almost 80% for Man U to qualify? (0.80x1.74=1.392) This gives you ROI/yield of 139,2%!!!! ROFL Keep in mind that you are going against a team who has reached 4 semis in last 5 years. Milan might lose but I would keep my stakes down....

Re: Champions League Semi-Final 2nd legs Tues 01/05 - Weds 02/05 The game changed in the first leg when Gattuso went off, Milan looked very good until then so I expect them to play even better as they're at home. United may have a better defence than last time if Ferdinand and Vidic are fit but I would still expect Milan to score. I'm going for a home win and over 2.5 but with minimal stakes as this will be unpredictable.

very simply i dont see any other result than HW, man utd is very good when playing at home,truly i give them NILE chances today, milan is definitely class above than utd,
lol that, despite being your opinion, is absolute rubbish You give them nil chance? want a friendly bet, give me 30-1 on united winning, if they have nil chance....

Re: Champions League Semi-Final 2nd legs Tues 01/05 - Weds 02/05 So the decisive game which will decide who will join Liverpool in Athen's final. Man.Utd have 3:2 lead after the first game. Much more patient and calm game expected imo. But calm in terms of goals. Milan will chase narrow win in order to progress as they scored 2 in England. So they won't rush things but wait for that one goal which I doubt it will happen. At first I thought about this one ending without goals, but somehow see now Manchester scoring one and finishing the job. Under looks just fine imo. For braves Man Utd to win by one, unibet @4.6, and Total goals: 1, gamebookers@ 4.25. GL~