** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis: Monte Carlo Masters Series

Starts today. This is the first clay court Masters event of the year and is normally dominated by the elite clay courters unlike the other clay masters events that tend to throw up more surprise winners. Recent winners include Nadal, who aims for 3 in a row, Ferrero, Coria and Kuerten. It is also historically the clay event that produces the most winners that go on to win the Fench open the same season. Here is the draw: http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2007/410/mds.pdf For today Nieminen looks decent value to beat Safin who is consistently overrated by the markets. Around 2.4 available.

Tennis, Monte-Carlo Hi guys, following pick for tomorrow: ATP TOUR, MONTE-CARLO MATHIEU TO D VLIEGEN @ 1.47 at pinnacle Mathieu is in great form this year on hard courts and he already had a good win on clay defeating Davydenko in a David Cup match in Moscow last week. Vliegen is not at his best on clay. The H2H is 3:0 to Mathieu in matches and 6:0 in sets, with Mathieu defeating Vliegen in Miami two weeks ago by 6:1 6:1.

Re: Tennis: Monte Carlo Masters Series I've put the following on Sports-Punter.com........

Date Bet PlacedTournamentRoundPlayer1Player2BookiesOddsStakeCorrectReturn
15/04/2007Monte Carlo Masters1stYouzhny M.Moya C.betfair1.8810
15/04/2007Monte Carlo Masters1stAcasuso J.Andreev I.betfair1.7310
15/04/2007Monte Carlo Masters1stFerrero J.C.Henman T.bluesq1.3310
15/04/2007Monte Carlo Masters1stGasquet R.Verdasco F.bet3651.3310
15/04/2007Monte Carlo Masters1stBaghdatis M.Mirnyi M.bet3651.3610
15/04/2007Monte Carlo Masters1stMathieu P.H.Vliegen K.willhill1.4410
15/04/2007Monte Carlo Masters1stChela J.Verkerk M.bet3651.110
15/04/2007Monte Carlo Masters1stFerrer D.Simon G.bluesq1.3610
15/04/2007Monte Carlo Masters1stMayer F.Gicquel M.betfair1.6710
15/04/2007Monte Carlo Masters1stStepanek R.Monfils G.bluesq1.7310
15/04/2007Monte Carlo Masters1stGaudio G.Tursunov D.bet3651.6610

Re: Tennis: Monte Carlo Masters Series Gaudio - Tursunov 1,9 lately,tursunov shows much better form than gaudio gaudio isnt player any more he used to be...so every bet against him is a good bet imo only problem with tursunov is when he start to be nervous match is over...but hope he will remain calm and win easily

Re: Tennis: Monte Carlo Masters Series

my today's double Andreev and Tursunov i am very confident about it and i go on high stakes no time for analysis good luck two russians to beat two argentinians on clay, but i repeat i am confident bye bye
Just going to follow you today sir, there is something about Andreev, everytime I watch him play he looks like he is 1 step off being a top 5 player. Tursunov has moved out in the betting to over evens, money seems to be coming for Gaudio, so I'm going to hold off and get the better odds for the Tursunov win. Double it up and make a note that QuantumParadox has been in impressive form and hope for a good start to the week.

Just going to follow you today sir, there is something about Andreev, everytime I watch him play he looks like he is 1 step off being a top 5 player. Tursunov has moved out in the betting to over evens, money seems to be coming for Gaudio, so I'm going to hold off and get the better odds for the Tursunov win. Double it up and make a note that QuantumParadox has been in impressive form and hope for a good start to the week.
here i actually bet against gaudio mate, the guy is absolute out of waters, he did the french open but, is very difficult to stay on top if you are not designed, and definitely this argentinian is NOT a kinda top class player as for andreev yes, i also consider him as potentially world class player, and a level above acasuso, betting is betting though, luck is needed, see you with results

Re: Tennis: Monte Carlo Masters Series Tursunov back to 1-1 bout to play the 3rd..... anyone watching this game with any helpfull comments about general play? Also the andreev game has just started so any updates in that match would also be helpful to me. I understand posting bets after the start of the match is frowned apon but im sure u guyz will look beyond it... 2u Andreev win @ 2.2 2u Trusunov win @ 2 1.5u Double with both above @ 4.4 As you can see i just followed the leader... looking interesting at the moment, heres 4 :hope :hope :hope Update: Trusunov goes down 7-5, 2-6, 2-6 (Just could not get in his 1sts, serving at 48% is never helpful!!!) Andreev wins first set 6-4 (Hopefully not a repeat performance)

Re: Tennis: Monte Carlo Masters Series Anyone had a look at Roitman-Melzer tomorrow? Possibly some value in Roitman I would say. Melzer was on a bad run of form going into Houston last week, and his 1 and 2 defeat to Zabaleta suggests he still isn't feeling comfortable with his game. He's also lost both previous matches here. Roitman is no mug on clay, he's got a good record on the surface and has come through two qualifiers to get here so will be up to speed with the surface.

Re: Tennis: Monte Carlo Masters Series Melzer is playing with an injury at the moment. He pulled out of an exhibition event in the US 2 weeks ago and probably only played Houston last week because he had a lot of points to defend there. He skipped the doubles there. He's also skipping doubles this week and his regular partner Julien Knowle is playing with someone else. This must be a sure sign that something isn't right with Melzer. On the other hand Roitman is pretty inexperienced at Masters Series level and he blew a set and 5-2 lead against Korolev in Valencia last week, losing 11 games in a row after being traded at 1.01. I couldn't trust him after that. I'll probably stay away from it but if you do go with Roitman either take him at a 1-ball book or at betfair so you can lay off and not have to worry about him blowing it.

FYI - Murray pulled out of his doubles match earlier and is said to be suffering from a foot injury.
i read on the oficial site, he heart his back , anyways do you think he will play injured? and if yes, does he have a chance against gicquel ?

Re: Tennis: Monte Carlo Masters Series i watched one match yesterday from the central court ( the very early one between bagh mirny) and truly i dont like these clays here imo, is very difficult for any player to match-up Nadal here, and price @2.30 for the spaniard to win the tourny looks excellent So this is my pick : Nadal to win the Monte Carlo masters @2.30 betfair as for today i see value on almagro to beat berdych @1.72 have to say that almagro didmt improve his game massively, below expectations so far, he won a very poor tourny last week but the point is who participated in valencia?? ;low quality there indeed as for berdych, is a real disaster this year, nothing special, here i go with this heavy clay surface murray n gicquel this much more difficult than prices indicates murray likes to play on clay ( despite people's opposite idea) but here i dont see him to progress much, might win today but i will stay out, perhaps back gicquel and then lay him if he gets the first set is good idea for those like trading ( personally i dont, very rare i do it) i hope nadal to perform as normal because i read some theories scares me, anyway i go with normal stakes nadal outright winner bye bye

Re: Tennis: Monte Carlo Masters Series very wised decision by murray to withdraw,perfectly he realised that he could never do it here especially injured i still insist on my ouright winner bet, c'mon nadal boy, some theories about drug medicine, or heavily trained at mistaken young age, dont bother me nadal outright winner bye bye

Re: Tennis: Monte Carlo Masters Series murray needs a clay expolosion too much, he knows that a world top number one player might perform excellently in all surfaces, he knows how to play well on clay, he grew up on clay, c mon guys, do you know the history of murray??? where did he grew up tennis??? perhaps you dont p.s very bad federer today, really bad, i think this guy is heavily overated here in tough clay's courts nadal the best

Re: Tennis: Monte Carlo Masters Series hope you had a few quid on that Donald. I think Soderling is a good bet to beat Mirnyi tomorrow. His returns should be too good for Mirnyi's serve and volley game on this surface and he is much stronger from the back of the court. Apart from a few minor chokes attempting to close the match out he was very impressive against Davydenko. Soderling leads the head to head 4-1, all on faster surfaces. The price is nothing special. He's just above 1.5 on betfair now but is sure to shorten quite a bit before the match.

Re: Tennis: Monte Carlo Masters Series Čilić- Gulbis cilic to win 10/10 odd 2 dont know hae u followed lately this guy...but it seems that he found something that really works in tennis he strated to beat easily everybody and moral is high now can go through this and not to place stake worth of try

Re: Tennis: Monte Carlo Masters Series Gasquet - Ljubičić really cant say why is gasquet favorit in my bookie, ljubicic is an old one and play excellent tennis lately this will be tough game for sure but have to go on ljubicic on 2,5 really overpriced imo and have to try medium stake

Re: Tennis: Monte Carlo Masters Series monte carlo QF Federer @1.18 v Ferrer @6 reminds me the story in miami again... that time was Canas, here is much better option : david ferrer needless to say that i am on ferrer to win why? simply because fed looks in a mess ( i didnt watch him today though) but i watched him on tuesday, he was so awfull, really i was expecting ferrer to win today against djokovic, i didnt bet coz i was busy, but i will not miss this one on small basis since my main bet nadal outright winner is running very comfortably ferrer to win @6 on betfair small stakes, good luck boys

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventGasquet - Ferrero
SelectionGasquet
Strength10/10
Date20/04/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.84 (Back)
ReasoningGasquet for me here.He is in great form.He played really good match against Ljubicic.Great backhand and forehand and good net play.Ferrero won against Henman, Massu and Andreev.That's nothing special really and I don't believe that he is back to his top form.