best of britsh/ joe legge????

teaulc

will post here,if the mods want to move it is fine by me......... is more for joe than anyone else joe, surely it would be easier to sort out the british players from the hungarians and everyone else before the the tournaments start rather than after.. a lot of people are complaining to customer services with regards to this and not getting satisfactory replies. even other posts on this forum states that the foreigners are playing in the final,,THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH,, i for one get fed up with having to play against ineligible players who shouldnt be there in the first place, please joe,try and sort this out cheers alan

Re: best of britsh/ joe legge???? Yep, have to agree!! Played in it once and 3 hungarian clowns went all-in EVERY hand taking turn about. :wall It's a laugh for them to knock out the Brits! :moon I'm sure it could be sorted easily if someone was actually interested. I'll even volunteer to do it for free! :ok Shame as it's turning the whole thing into a joke! Come on Joe, work your magic! :notworthy:notworthy TQM p.s. - it was still a better game than that daft Focus game on William Hill yesterday!! :rollin

Re: best of britsh/ joe legge???? Yes have to agree ..... it's bl@@dy infuriating!!! To be fair to Joe, I don't think it's necessarily his choice - he's in the hands of Boss Media and what they can do (i.e. not a lot :tongue2) - It's not like Paradise which was their own software, so they could do pretty much as they liked....

Re: best of britsh/ joe legge????

Yes have to agree ..... it's bl@@dy infuriating!!! To be fair to Joe, I don't think it's necessarily his choice - he's in the hands of Boss Media and what they can do (i.e. not a lot :tongue2) - It's not like Paradise which was their own software, so they could do pretty much as they liked....
still the same on paradise though :sad

Re: best of britsh/ joe legge???? I recieved an email promoting it as a Brit only tournament. I have wasted a few nights and many hours pointlessly wading through Hungarian All In machine gun fire. Outnumbered about 4 to 1, best finish 25th. If they just want Brits to play, then why not just email known British players a password to enter. If a password cannot be used on a Boss site for some reason, then surely that is a serious failing in the software. Joe Legge may well be between a rock and a hard place here. I have seen this before in industry. I suspect SO may now be being run by the bean counters, who have no idea what their customers actually need. Hence the switch back to the,IMO, inferior Boss site.

Re: best of britsh/ joe legge???? Aliando, It's free to enter, so it is only time that is wasted (although a solicitor did once tell me that time is money). My point was really,why promote it as a brit ony event when apparently it is anything but?

Re: best of britsh/ joe legge???? Two nights on the trot that Ive made the final table. Last night to be honest I played poorly in the end as 2 all in calls i with better preflop hands got done on the river both times and thus I was as good as gone.. but tonight, I played very well but was taken out after a few tossers were continually fcuking about and of course chatting in their native tongue. It was really infuriating to be continually involved in hands with this chat going on between them. And everytime it seemed that Id get 2 callers on my raises and then get an all-in against me which usually led to a fold from me.... Ps - Congrats to Spannerjago and Devanjala (Sorry,I didnt recognise your username) for qualifying last night :clap:clap. They can vouch for my demise :sad:sad untitledtruecolor04fd7.jpguntitledtruecolor05xi6.jpg

Re: best of britsh/ joe legge???? can't agree more with the initial post i have qualified for the past 2 weeks and i'm in this weekend but its because i play the cash tables and rack up 100 hands over 3 days- there are only around 25 people who enter this nightly game, however there are still around 10 jonny foreigners who manage to play and qualify for these. Surely sportingodds can ban these people somewhere along the line Failing any bans they could at least ensure that no prize money is given to them if they get it in the weekly final - this MIGHT discourage them from competing haway Joe what's you take on this?

Ps - Before anybody says it... I contacted Customer services and they said that Irish players were eligble for this :ok
No one dare call me a bloody foreigner :lol. I made sure I can go all the way, as I have residency :tongue2.

No one dare call me a bloody foreigner :lol. I made sure I can go all the way' date=' as I have residency :tongue2.[/quote'] along with 20 million other poles :tongue2 :tongue2 :tongue2 :tongue2 :D :D :D :dude :dude :dude

Re: best of britsh/ joe legge???? Hands up - it hasn't worked. Best of British has been running on ParadisePoker for a couple of months and I wanted to get it on Boss to add of bit of extra value for our players still playing there. However, the Boss Network can only limit tournament entry by site (Sportingodds, Sportingbet.com, sportingbet.hu, etc) and not country or IP. Of course all of our favourite Eastern Europe brothers have piled in and i realize this has ruined the experience for the British players. I do round all the non-UK qualifiers up at the end of each week and take them out of the Weekly Final (Boss are supposed to help with this at the weekends and that's why some get through!) and replace them with British players. It's caused more complaints than it's been worth and i'd happily pull it but as 4 players are already in the final (to win a great live seat prize) it's got to keep going until the end of the month. On the flip side it's free to enter and you don't have to play if you don't want to. If you enter the raked hands qualifier you'll almost certainly get in to the weekly final as only about 10 Uk players usually enter! If you want a true Best of British experience then you can play it on the Paradise software as that allows it to run much more smoothly - of course it is also tougher to win a seat there :-) So sorry to all you guys who it's frustrated but you have to try things and occaisionally they don't work out. We'll put this one down to experience. Joe

Re: best of britsh/ joe legge???? Well done Joe. Open and honest communication. This is sooooooo refreshing. More power to your elbow sir. :ok Just a thought, could you organise a 'Best of Hungary' tourney so that we can all register and get our revenge?

Re: best of britsh/ joe legge???? thankyou joe for the speedy response,appreciate that the logistics are a nightmare but you know what we freeroll whores are like,:D . i am sure you will come up with something even more amazing like you do next time,:notworthy thanks again

Hands up - it hasn't worked. Best of British has been running on ParadisePoker for a couple of months and I wanted to get it on Boss to add of bit of extra value for our players still playing there. However, the Boss Network can only limit tournament entry by site (Sportingodds, Sportingbet.com, sportingbet.hu, etc) and not country or IP. Of course all of our favourite Eastern Europe brothers have piled in and i realize this has ruined the experience for the British players. I do round all the non-UK qualifiers up at the end of each week and take them out of the Weekly Final (Boss are supposed to help with this at the weekends and that's why some get through!) and replace them with British players. It's caused more complaints than it's been worth and i'd happily pull it but as 4 players are already in the final (to win a great live seat prize) it's got to keep going until the end of the month. On the flip side it's free to enter and you don't have to play if you don't want to. If you enter the raked hands qualifier you'll almost certainly get in to the weekly final as only about 10 Uk players usually enter! If you want a true Best of British experience then you can play it on the Paradise software as that allows it to run much more smoothly - of course it is also tougher to win a seat there :-) So sorry to all you guys who it's frustrated but you have to try things and occaisionally they don't work out. We'll put this one down to experience. Joe
Excellent responce and a big thank you for an honest and open responce :clap:clap:clap:clap P.S Heniek is a foreigner :ok

Re: best of britsh/ joe legge???? Great work as normal Joe and nice response! I did qualify a previous week for the weekly final and the 'ALL-IN Hungarians' (I'm sure there are some nice ones out there ;)) were removed before the game... about 20 of them i think! :ok Sadly for me, if they weren't there I probably wouldn't have qualified as my SO poker play has taken a 'Hungarian tilt' in recent weeks and seems to be working :loon... although I don't think it's helping my game!? Paradise is mostly Brits but is much harder... damn those antes!

Re: best of britsh/ joe legge???? I live to fight another day ! (for others in the final, JT2005 is a Brit and I think Elefsee is a Brit living abroad) bestofbritish2od2.png and for evidence (as if it was needed) that Joe is true to his word - see the second table in post number 9 in this thread where Susutechno won a seat in fifth - but didn't - and was back again trying tonight in second before the final break, but out in 9th :tongue2 :clap :clap Joe

Re: best of britsh/ joe legge???? Just looked at the weekly final of this looking for Pl'ers and was gobsmacked to see my name.. Joe Legge - I salute you as being a true man of his word. No other site manager would go out of his way to review Hand histories and chat to re-instate somebody because of blatent cheating.. Many thanks Joe :clap:clap:clap:clap

Do they run qualifiers on a sunday?
Looks like it - I've just qualified tonight, presumably for next week. 1st time I've tried, but finally decided to use the free 50PPs they gave me, as I missed reg'ing for the V-points by 1 minute. At least via Paradise it's all Brits and it was a properly played game. :ok bestofbritishqual250307kf3.jpg

Re: best of britsh/ joe legge???? Well done Ade :clap . Trying to work out exactly what/when I've qualified for and think it's a different final to yours. Fasttrack one has money pay out as well as a seat; mine, i think, will be about 100 runners and one seat.

Re: best of britsh/ joe legge???? Qualified for the weekly final on Sunday. No obvious foreigners, but some mad play early on when I called 1500 an all-in (A6) with my AA, only to be beaten when somebody else used his last 1050 to call with 89 - and made a straight! Some decent banter. See you on Sunday Helen - dirty dog 2 is another west yorkshire bod.. McG