** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3

Your quite right i wont take over the thread and this is my last comment on the matter. Celtic fans are deluded, believe me i live in Glasgow and im friends with plenty of them. Every player who goes there becomes "world class" when he has a good game. I would have thought world class means good enough to make the squad for a world select, no ? You honestly believe he is that good ? You honesltly think he will be the subject of a 20m quid bid in the summer ? How many games has been outstanding in the spl in ? Laudrup was world class so was Goram, Larsson probably was too and so was Charlie Nicholas while at celtic. I dont think hes anywhere near the quality of these guys. Good player but world class are you having a laugh, is he having a laugh ?[/quot Goram world class?? world class pie eater mibee:cow

:rollin :lol :rollin Your credibility just went with that ! Anyway, back on topic? Celtic could qualify, if they can score, because I certainly believe Milan will.
Goram was a cracking keeper and beat Celtic on his own sometimes, not sure if he was world classthough, Nicholas - not a chance. Milan are to strong for Celtic, and with Celtics away form being so bad I can only see a HOME win. Milan ain't no Motherwell or Dunfermline!

Christo's point about Lille getting first yellow tonight is well made. When playing away from home, Lille have collected the first yellow on all occassions. There is however one thing that stands in the way of this bet's certainty.... Paul Scholes. Given that Scholes is one card off suspension I imagine he's gonna be a bit more careful tonight, Heinze is due to start too, he's another who loves to start the game with a yellow. I think what Christo mentioned about the atmosphere and repurcussions of the last leg will work for united given this bet though and League wise Lille have had the first yellow on nine occassions from thirteen when playing away. United at home in the league have had the first yellow on one occassion of sixteen games. Lille in League away first yellow card: 9/13 United in League at home first yellow: 1/16 I'm going to make it my early selection for my 1/2 system. Cheating on the rules already and betting only after a 5 day period!:wall
And theres the stats to back this bet up. Cheers Jonny lad. I like this bet along with the over 4.5 bookings! GL to all and you jonny with that system bet!

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Best bet of the night for me is Bayern to qualify at EVEN MONEY. Real are poor on the road and German soil in the CL is such an advantage, more so than any other country. No Beckham, Reyes and possibly Canavaro. Real are superb at home when welcoming visitors from Europe but away from home is a different story. I am having a MAXIMUM bet on Bayern Munich to qualify. Good luck everyone.

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventArsenal - PSV
SelectionPSV to Qualify
Strength10/10
Date07/03/2007
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 2.00 (Back)
ReasoningGood price in my opinion Won 1-0 in 1st leg Arsenal need to win by 2 clear goals to qualify which I think will be too much for them to achieve despite PSV missing two of their key defenders. Arsenal have struggled to score in a few games recently and PSV will put alot of pressure on them tonight.

Best bet of the night for me is Bayern to qualify at EVEN MONEY. Real are poor on the road and German soil in the CL is such an advantage, more so than any other country. No Beckham, Reyes and possibly Canavaro. Real are superb at home when welcoming visitors from Europe but away from home is a different story. I am having a MAXIMUM bet on Bayern Munich to qualify. Good luck everyone.
I won,t be so sure about Bayern, the value is to good for me to bet on Madrid. Don Fabio will settle Madrid to Qualify for next round, but for me it,s just a small stake i take on Madrid. Hope they can make a draw on Muenchen Tonight. Gl everyone.

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Manchester United vs LOSC Lille
Selection MU -1 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 8/10
Date 07/03/2007
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.78 (Back)
Reasoning MU will be very keen to win tonight at home to silence all the complaints about Giggs' free kick on the last match by showing that they are simply one class ahead of Lille. Rooney will also be available for selection which is good since MU will miss Saha's services. I'm not sure how will Sir Alex Ferguson approach this game, I have a feeling he might put few key players on bench and put them out on the 2nd half. However, Lille will be missing their 2 important midfielder in Bodmer and Cabaye. Hence, this fact won't help at all to play such a class opponent in their own home. I just can't see United not to win this at least 1 - 0 or by 1 goal difference.

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Bayern are no sure thing. They were rather fortunate in the 1st leg to not have been down 4-1 until they got into the match in the last 20 minutes. Hopefully Real will decide to attack because that is their strength rather than play Capello ball.

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 about MU i,m not so sure they can win more then 2 goal, they already win at the 1rst leg so draw will be enough for them to qualify, with AH(1,25) i rather not put any bet in this game.

Event Ac Milan vs Celtic
Selection Celtic +1.25 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 8/10
Date 07/03/2007
Bookmaker/Price canbet @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning Celtic will come to San Siro as an underdog tonight since Milan are expected to win this clash after 0-0 draw last week. Milan will have Inzaghi, Seedorf, Dida and Maldini back which undoubtedly would influence their game. Don't forget thou, Celtic also have McManus back which can only strenghten their defence. On paper, Milan definetely looked to be the better team but in my oppinion tonight is all about how they approach the match. Celtic have some slight advantage tonight imo in terms of their approach since they will be playing without pressure unlike Milan. For Celtic, to get this far is an achievement of its own in their own term so losing is not a problem. While Milan is a team who have long history of Champions league and they will be under pressure to ensure qualification tonight. However, I'm not a fan to back a team who is under pressure against a good opposition. It is true, it will be hard for Celtic to contain all Milan's attacking threat but if they managed to give their best and exploit Milan loophole once or twice that could of made the difference. Expecting scoreline around 2 - 1 for Milan win tonight.

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 AC Milan - Celtic Glasgow pick : Celtic to score 7/10@2 gb Milan concedeed in 6 of last seven games at home in CL.I'm not sayng that milan will not win or will not qualify but i'm confident that they will conceed at least a goal.This bet represents pure value,why choosing milan for 1.37 and not taking celtic to score to a defence that has been a little bit shaky this season.Good luck to you all!

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Milan have Inzaghi as the lone striker. He's not gonna miss chances like Gilardino did in the first leg. Bayern has a full squad and Real Madrid will be without Cannavaro! Last season was the first time Arsenal did well in the Champions League. I think they will under perform again this season. Many will be surprised tonight! Man Utd should have no problem to win but Ryan Giggs is not playing. A straight double of Milan-Bayern for me!!

Hey all i'm new to this, but just wanted to say it's 1-0 to Bayern, didn't want to take this game myself, but hope some of you did, and i could do with a win tonight, after last nights losses...
:welcome What bets have you taken on for today? I was going to back Bayern but so late going into it that the first minute goal killed any hopes I had of backing them! Thought Real Madrid looked to be playing an under strength team, injuries etc and lack of team spirit. There only seemed to be one winner. How we all rue the one that got away!! As for my bet that I did make of the night.... Man U and Milan both to win! Both 0-0 approaching half time!

Event Arsenal-PSV
Selection 0-0 at Halftime
Strength 10/10
Date 07/03/2007
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.70 (Back)
Reasoning Arsenal has had some troubles scoring lately. They haven't scored in 3 of their last 5 games. I do believe that they'll eventually win this game' date=' but it wont be easy. PSV played a perfect game at home and won without allowing any goals. A 0-0 result in this game would be very nice for them and I think this game could be scoreless at the break. 4 of PSV's last 5 games have been scoreless at halftime and 3 of Arsenal's last 5.
Taking a drink at HT myself:beer

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Ehm i have all straight wins, Man Utd, 0-0 Ac Milan 0-0 Arsenal 0-0 Berwick 1-1 Arbroath 1-1 Bristol City 3-0 up... so all is still to play for for me now, had a nice win during the week, but decided to take most of the winnings and be wise, and spent the little bit left over, but Lyon cost me dearly last night, with 5 wins and 1 loss...

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Have been keeping an eye on the United game, the referee nearly sent of the wrong player, but made up for his mistake and let him back on, Lille are not sitting back they are making a go of this, which they do need to be, and United seem to be on top, but the commentator was worried that United were getting dazzled...

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Milan so far going down the road of other big-name teams that fail in the big contest...they have taken 12 shots but only 1 on target, while Celtic have just 3 shots, two on target. Obviously Milan can keep shooting and win still, it is still early, but you hate to see a team waste so many opportunities, shooting the ball wide, over, wide, over...