** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Probable line ups Milan v Celtic MILAN: Dida, Oddo, Maldini, Bonera, Jankulovski, Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Seedorf, Kakà, Inzaghi. On the bench: Kalac, Simic, Favalli, Brocchi, Oliveira, Gilardino. CELTIC: Boruc, Wilson, O'dea, Mcmanus, Naylor, Nakamura, Sno, Gravseb, Lennon, McGeady, Vannegoor of Hesselink. On the bench. Brown, Perrier Doumbè, Kennedy, Telfer, Jarosik, Riordan, Miller Milan are too much for Celtic. In the champions league Milan are very powerful. It's true that in the serie A Milan are not high flying and thier squad is not of the best but just remember in 2003 when milan won the cup. That year in the serie A Milan played poorly in the league finishing third, way behind the leaders. Milan have a lot of experience in this cup...they love it, the cup loves them as well. In these last years Milan played two finals and a semi final. I can't see celtic eliminating 6 times european champions Milan. I don't see why all this fuss about Nakamura. He was a star player at Reggina. At celtic he does everything and that is no team

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Well my luck was out last night had £5 ew on rilse first goal tonight i fancy larrson 1st goal man utd 9/2 also fancy henry 2-0 arsenal and bayern munich to beat real as i am a celtic fan im hoping we can get a score draw and will be backing big jan at 10/1 first goal and naka 20/1 cmon the hoops gl.:nana

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Arsenal-PSV Arsenal still missing a few players, but will be boosted by the return of Henry, however it is unsure if Wenger will start him. Adebayor and Touré are able to play in the CL and we should expect Djourou to play RB. PSV too have several injury problems for the 2nd leg, with players like Kromkamp and Da Costa out. Arsenal need to attack, and with Touré/Gallas I feel they are stronger in defence now. It won't be an easy game, but I think Arsenal can go through tonight. Score prediction: 2-0 Pick 1: Arsenal - 1,50 @ Expekt (5/10) Bayern Munich-Real Madrid Plenty of goals in previous meeting, and these are two teams in domestic problems. Bayern will hope to build on their 2nd goal away and have a great chance to qualify because of it. I think it will be another very open game with a few goals here again. Score prediction: 3-1 Pick 1: Bayern - 2,10 @ NordicBet (2/10) Pick 2: Over 2.5 goals - 2,10 @ Expekt (3/10)

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Bookings in the celtic match for me. Celtic have a great discipline record in the spl but theres a couple of reasons for that. First they are so far ahead and had the title won well before christmas and second, refs in scotland are very slow to punish them and are in my view a little intimidated. It will be different tonight as they will have to pick up a few cards if they want to get through the tie. The tactics will be to stop Milan playing and hope to grab something from set play. The pressure is also on Milan with the season they are having and losing out to a scottish club would be a bit of a disaster. Im not expecting fireworks but i do think 5 yellows is not a big ask.:hope Milan v Celtic bookings over 45 points with hills.

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3

I don't see why all this fuss about Nakamura. He was a star player at Reggina.
He's a world class player, that's the fuss. :) Nakamura, McGeady, Gravesen and Vennegoor are all match winners. It's not a 1 man team. Bet365 are offering evens on under 10 corners on the match. That's bloody great odds imo. There was 4 corners in the first match. Milan don't play with wingers. Celtic play McGeady on the wing but they'll be on the back foot. Unless Boruc is putting a load of saves out for a corner I'd be very suprised to see 10 corners.

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Milan-Celtic I feel that Celtic had their chance to stir things up at home, but only got 0-0 and that result was very good for Milan. Milan is the better team, and should be able to do the job at home. However odds for home win is far to low for a CL tie. I'll try the handicap here. Score prediction: 2-0 Pick 1: Milan -1 (AH) - 1,70 @ Expekt (4/10) Manchester U-Lille United won away 0-1 and have a big advatage on the French team. United are very strong at home as always and Lille, who needs to attack, will find it too hard tonight. But again value is way too low, again I will try the handicap cause I think United won't just sit back and defend their lead they will want to score and win infront of home crowd. Score prediction: 2-0 Pick 1: United -1 (AH) - 1,74 @ Expekt (3/10)

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 If Nakamura, McGeady, Gravesen and Veengoor were all match winning world class players then they wouldnt be playing for Celtic. When Gravesen was available, no top English or Spanish or Italian clubs wanted him. He chose to move to Celtic! Nakamura, he's not world class, he's decent at free kicks ya but world class.....don't make me laugh. If he was a world class player, when he left Reggina, better clubs than Celtic would have come looking for him. Celtic are an ok club but thats in Scotland becaue the rest of them are so bad. Celtic are not good in Europe. For Celtic to have any chance tonite they must keep possession and soak up pressure defensively. I reckon Celtic will sit deep for the first 30mins and look to keep it at 0-0. Then gradually coming into the game. However, if Milan score, Strachan will have to change his tactics and sytem. This happens a lot with Strachan. If Milan do score and I think they will, Celtic are gonna have to attack Milan looking for the away goal. With Milans magic midfield 5, then could break Celtic hearts i fear! Celtic play in a muck league, lets face facts, they have lost 11 outta 12 away games in CL and conceded three goals against Brondby and Benfica. Defensively they line up with Naylor, O'Dea, McManus and Wilson. In my opinion Milan are seriously overpriced tonite. Kaka, Pirlo and Seedoft will be playing thru balls for Gilardino or Inzaghi tonite. Can see Milan 2 or 3 nil to be honest

He's a world class player, that's the fuss. :) Nakamura, McGeady, Gravesen and Vennegoor are all match winners. It's not a 1 man team.
Gattuso, Kakà, Inzaghi, Oliveira, Gilardino, Gattuso Are all very defensive players who can't win matches ofcourse :moon Fancy Inzaghi to get first goal tonight

If Nakamura' date=' McGeady, Gravesen and Veengoor were all match winning world class players then they wouldnt be playing for Celtic. [/quote'] Who said they were world class? Naka is. Along with Larsson and Moravcik he's one of the few world class players to play for Celtic in recent years. Someone asked what the fuss was about him, I answered. What's the problem? He has 9 goals and 20 assists this season. One of the most intelligient players in the world and everything you could want in a playmaker. People forget that, he's a playmaker. Similar to Pirlo, except in an attacking position. I'm afraid if you can't recognise Naka's intelligience you're not a great reader of the game. The reason Strachan, Liam Brady, Redknapp, Gullit, etc. call him a genius is because of his intelligience. He's always in the right position and always takes the right option. The reason I mentioned the other 3 was because he made out like Naka is our only player. Gravesen is our most important player tonight. And finally, Gravesen had plenty of options. He chose Celtic because he and his father had been to a few Celtic matches and were won over.

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 I have Milan on the handicap but don't feel very good about it...If Celtic score an away goal the question is can Milan respond, and respond again? I guess I'd say yes...they have a player, Kaka, who has shown time and again he can take over a game, and if Milan press early and score I can see this one getting out of hand.

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 AC Milan v Celtic To be honest, as much as I would like to see Celtic progress, I feel that this is very much a mis-match with Milan holding all the Aces. Wilson, O'Dea, McManus and Naylor up against Kaka, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Seedorf et al is a total mis-match. As gerrie26681 said, If Milan score then there will be a change of tactic allowing for openings in the Celts defence and this is why I feel that Milans speed could pay. For me this is a home win and overs. AC Milan -1 @ 2.25 Blue Sq +2.5 goals @ 2.16 Betfair (£364 available) Arsenal v PSV Another game where I feel the home side will have too much. Arsenal will attack, attack, attack here and it should pay dividends against PSV who will no doubt try to rest on their first leg lead. Expect PSV to sit back and try to counter. Psv are without Kronkamp and he will be a big loss for them. I expect Baptista to start also and with Gallas also on show, I feel Arsenal will be able to put this one to bed. Arsenal @ 1.56 Betdaq Man Utd v Lille Plenty of scores to be settled in this one and Man Utd should be way too strong for Lille. The French side are chasing the match and while Im not too convinced by Utds defence, I have firm faith that their attacking play will reap rewards. Rooney needs to show on the big stage tonight and if he does then it should be one way traffic, united dont usually play for draws!. Man Utd -1 @ 2.2 Coral

Nakamaura is a good player no doubt about it' date=' but world class, gee us a break...........if he was world class a massive side would come and take him.[/quote'] You think nobody's interested? He turned down Sevilla last summer. I'm 100% sure top clubs will be in for him in the summer but I'll also be suprised if he leaves. This is Celtic, we're not a selling club and very few players want to leave. It really annoys me that because you play for Celtic it's impossible to be world class. The same thing happened with Larsson. It's all about his intelligience, fellow pro's and ex-pro's recognise it. When we put 20 passes together Naka is always at the heart of it. He has everything you could want in a playmaker. Anyway, let's not take over the thread.

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Anyone for bookings in the Utd vs Lille match!!! Yes please... Sure to be heated after that famous first leg with plenty of incidents, firts off the goal, then the walk off. And all these stories between that game and this one hyping it up, i think it will get quite heated out there... Number of Cards in the Match - Over 4.5 @ 1.72 bet365 9/10 Also expect Utd to dominate the match start to finish, and so Lille will be on the back foot from the off, they will have to do all the chasing and theres bound to be a miss timed or just a bad challenge in the mix from them and so... First Team card - Lille @ 1.53 bet365 6/10

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Match:

Milan – Celtic (07/03/2007)

Tip/s:

X2 (Double Chance) @ 3.00 (Bet365) 10/10

Reasoning:

IMO, odds of 1.30 to 1.50 for the home team in a CL game isn’t right. Specifically, Milan is far too short against Celtic. Of course, Milan will have the home advantage and is clearly the better team on paper. However, the same teams played two weeks ago and Milan couldn’t score! Yes, Celtic has a pathetic away record, but this doesn’t mean they can’t get something here. Celtic will play a very defensive game and hope that they can keep a clean sheet and steal the game by a goal. Milan has shown that scoring is sometimes a problem. The offer of both the draw and Celtic’s win at 3.00 is just too good to pass up in a game where Milan isn’t that much better as shown by their season performance.

Match:

Arsenal – Eindhoven (07/03/2007)

Tip/s:

X2 (Double Chance) @ 2.50 (Bet365) 10/10

Reasoning:

Odds are far too short for Arsenal. IMO, the difference between the two teams is small or non-existent. Furthermore, why should one back an Arsenal team at these odds against an Eindhoven team that only two weeks ago beat the same Arsenal team 1-0. Surely, Arsenal has not proven that their play at the Emirates Stadium is untouchable. Anytime one is offered two results, at 2.50 at this level of play between teams of similar strength the bet should be taken.

You think nobody's interested? He turned down Sevilla last summer. I'm 100% sure top clubs will be in for him in the summer but I'll also be suprised if he leaves. This is Celtic, we're not a selling club and very few players want to leave. It really annoys me that because you play for Celtic it's impossible to be world class. The same thing happened with Larsson. It's all about his intelligience, fellow pro's and ex-pro's recognise it. When we put 20 passes together Naka is always at the heart of it. He has everything you could want in a playmaker. Anyway, let's not take over the thread.
Your quite right i wont take over the thread and this is my last comment on the matter. Celtic fans are deluded, believe me i live in Glasgow and im friends with plenty of them. Every player who goes there becomes "world class" when he has a good game. I would have thought world class means good enough to make the squad for a world select, no ? You honestly believe he is that good ? You honesltly think he will be the subject of a 20m quid bid in the summer ? How many games has been outstanding in the spl in ? Laudrup was world class so was Goram, Larsson probably was too and so was Charlie Nicholas while at celtic. I dont think hes anywhere near the quality of these guys. Good player but world class are you having a laugh, is he having a laugh ?

Your quite right i wont take over the thread I would have thought world class means good enough to make the squad for a world select, no ? Laudrup was world class so was Goram, Larsson probably was too and so was Charlie Nicholas while at celtic. ?
:rollin :lol :rollin Your credibility just went with that ! Anyway, back on topic? Celtic could qualify, if they can score, because I certainly believe Milan will.

EventArsenal - PSV
SelectionArsenal to win
Strength10/10
Date07/03/2007
Bookmaker/PriceBetdaq @ 1.57 (Back)
ReasoningArsenal needs to turn things around, and I'm confident they will do just that. I'm not underestimating PSV, but tonight their CL adventure will be over. I was thinking of going for Aresenal -1, but I'm a bit worried that this match might look like so many of Arsenal's home macthes: Absolutely brilliant football but not scoring enough despite being the far better team. I still think 1.57 for Arsenal is good, cause imo there can be no question about the difference in strength in favour of Arsenal. That ends my lame reasoning...but Arsenal will win...

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Well I was stunned with lyon defeat last night, and today will look to refund my bank anyway I can:tongue2 My bets will be: Man.Utd to WIN , with stakes 9/10, reasoning is following: I think lille will be very low on morale and also I think they already gave up and do not expect anything tonight on old trafford. yes, we could say that they will play without pressure but I just can not see lille getting anything in front of United supporters and their fantastic squad. Should be 2:0 or 3:0 in my opinion becouse if Man score early then It will probbably be embarassing for lill till the end of the game. Should be an easy home win:hope Milan to QUALIFY - well I see this game very clearly. Celtic tryig to maintain their clean sheet and milan scoring very fast. To be honest, I really would like Celtic to qualify bt just can not see how they could overcome superior Milan side. It well might be a cracking one but i am sure that milans european expirience will be too much for unexpirienced celic side wich will not know what to do if they conceede. good luck to all of you:hope

You think nobody's interested? He turned down Sevilla last summer. I'm 100% sure top clubs will be in for him in the summer but I'll also be suprised if he leaves. This is Celtic, we're not a selling club and very few players want to leave. It really annoys me that because you play for Celtic it's impossible to be world class. The same thing happened with Larsson. It's all about his intelligience, fellow pro's and ex-pro's recognise it. When we put 20 passes together Naka is always at the heart of it. He has everything you could want in a playmaker. Anyway, let's not take over the thread.
sort of agreed, i had been prooved totally wrong about larsson, he was THE ONLY reason barca won the final last year against arsenal. Yet while he was in scotland people thought he was only good because the standard was so low. Having said that, i know nothing about nakamura (sp?) and therefore cant comment on him personally, however it does sound similar to the larsson situation, most people thought he was nothing special right up until he saved the "world class stars" of barcalona embarassment.

EventAC Milan - Celtic
SelectionMilan (-1) (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date07/03/2007
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 1.72 (Back)
ReasoningSure, Celtic are very strong at home, and the result in the 1st leg was not a surprise, but away to Milan should be out of their depth. Milan's chance to win something is CL, and winning tonight would be the first step. 1.72 nothing to get excited about, but a two goal win looks very likely.

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event AC Milan v Celtic
Selection AC Milan (-1) (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 07/03/2007
Bookmaker/Price BetFred @ 1.72 (Back)
Reasoning A crap value but wont bet on the -1.25 line after yesterday shocking start to the Chelsea match. Milan a better team, with crowd support..sure they are not doing their best lately , but this is Euro football, and imo a two goal win a the end will just do it to take them further.
Event Man Utd v Lille
Selection Under 2
Strength 10/10
Date 07/03/2007
Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 2.42 (Back)
Reasoning The past results shows that these two score very little goals when playing each other.. 2007-02-20 20:45 Lille 0 1 Manchester United 2005-11-02 20:45 Lille 1 0 Manchester United 2005-10-18 20:45 Manchester United 0 0 Lille 2001-10-31 20:45 Lille 1 1 Manchester United 2001-09-18 20:45 Manchester United 1 0 Lille So IMO a 1-0 win for the Manchester team, as Lille dont have enough fire power to break their defence and Man Utd also have a goal advantage from France

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Christo's point about Lille getting first yellow tonight is well made. When playing away from home, Lille have collected the first yellow on all occassions. There is however one thing that stands in the way of this bet's certainty.... Paul Scholes. Given that Scholes is one card off suspension I imagine he's gonna be a bit more careful tonight, Heinze is due to start too, he's another who loves to start the game with a yellow. I think what Christo mentioned about the atmosphere and repurcussions of the last leg will work for united given this bet though and League wise Lille have had the first yellow on nine occassions from thirteen when playing away. United at home in the league have had the first yellow on one occassion of sixteen games. Lille in League away first yellow card: 9/13 United in League at home first yellow: 1/16 I'm going to make it my early selection for my 1/2 system. Cheating on the rules already and betting only after a 5 day period!:wall

Event Arsenal-PSV
Selection 0-0 at Halftime
Strength 10/10
Date 07/03/2007
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.70 (Back)
Reasoning Arsenal has had some troubles scoring lately. They haven't scored in 3 of their last 5 games. I do believe that they'll eventually win this game, but it wont be easy. PSV played a perfect game at home and won without allowing any goals. A 0-0 result in this game would be very nice for them and I think this game could be scoreless at the break. 4 of PSV's last 5 games have been scoreless at halftime and 3 of Arsenal's last 5.

Anyone for bookings in the Utd vs Lille match!!! Yes please...
Me :) All games yesterday had 5 yellows minimum. The referee tonight I think is Cantelejo who is reasonably good for cards, particularly when refereeing La Liga (different comp I know). Lille seem downright pissed at Man U and if something goes against them again then who knows what might happen. Min stakes sell of bookings on Betfair's market, sold at 51. Have also taken 0-2 and 0-3 scorelines in the Arsenal game at 60 and 370. Arsenal failed to breakdown Blackburn over 180mins and seem to have trouble scoring at times. Henry is back but there's every chance he'll be as ineffectual as Eto'o was for Barcelona last night. PSV will look to keep the clean sheet and will probably look to counter, where Kone can be dangerous. Arsenal might leave gaps at the back late on as they pressed for a goal which could help as well.