• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Lay down and die

Good luck Ali
cheers staffy :ok Basic Rules that I will follow;
  • maximum lay odds of 3.5
  • all lays to win 2pts, thus maximum loss of 5pts
  • records to show stats for horses with matched betfair odds (but will record those not matched for future reference for any tweaking if results are good)

i've started putting bets onto betfair, and will wait for a possible match - full list to follow.

Re: Lay down and die unmatched on these so far, and not too sure how many of the horses on this system will fit into the odds strategy but will give it time and then review my plans. first lot of nags to lay down and die; catterick 2.10 cool cossack - 3.50 2.40 over to joe - 3.50 3.40 ring the boss - 2.50 leicester 3.20 ballyaahbutt - 3.50 4.50 parish oak - 2.50 lingfield 3.30 garstang - 3.5

unmatched on these so far, and not too sure how many of the horses on this system will fit into the odds strategy but will give it time and then review my plans. first lot of nags to lay down and die; catterick 2.10 cool cossack - 3.50 :dude 2nd 4/1 2.40 over to joe - 3.50 :dude 4th 11/2 3.40 ring the boss - 2.50 :wall - 1st 11/10 leicester 3.20 ballyaahbutt - 3.50 :dude 2nd 7/4 and matched :nana 4.50 parish oak - 2.50 :dude 4th 10/3 lingfield 3.30 garstang - 3.5 :dude 5th 6/1
hmmmm - didnt get matched on 5 bets and when i checked betfair earlier, some of the races yet to have run were showing i had no bets on the race:unsure. I believe (but not sure) that when a race gets a non-runner, all previous unmatched bets are discarded which is gonna knacker me a bit with this as i'm very rarely around to update bets in the day :\ i'll continue the trial and see how it pans out, and i'll record the figures as if i've laid to the official price (although in reality, the figures may be different when using real money at betfair) to give me some idea as to potential profitablilty but not gonna use money at the moment as its a waste of time if my bets are gonna need re-entering on horses being pulled out of the race. unless this goes really tits up, i'll try and do 100 horses as a mini-trial and then review. I'll use the same kind of format as used by the lads in the At The Races Forum - 10 points profit per succesful lay and the equivilant loss as they happen. thus day one profit/loss cool cossack +10 over to joe +10 ring the boss - 11 ballyaahbutt +10 parish oak +10 garstang +10 Number of Horses Laid: 6 Number of Horses That Won: 1 Number of Horses That Placed: 2 Number of Horses Finishing Out of Placings: 3 Total Profit Returned: 50pts Total Losses: -11pts Overall Profit/Loss: +39pts

As he said! :clap
:ok cheers mate. wednesday selections - slight difference in presentation due to changing over to paper trial (expected SP's in brackets). folkestone 3.20 - eastern promise (11/2) southwell 5.05 - jabbara (5/1) wetherby 4.10 - emmasflora (7/2) 4.45 - recent edition (6/1) :hope

:ok cheers mate. wednesday selections - slight difference in presentation due to changing over to paper trial (expected SP's in brackets). folkestone 3.20 - eastern promise :dude 3rd @ 5/1 southwell 5.05 - jabbara :dude 6th @ 9/4 wetherby - abbandoned 4.10 - emmasflora N/R 4.45 - recent edition N/R :hope
two losers returning 10pts each :ok OVERALL STATS Number of Horses Laid: 10 Number of Horses That Won: 1 Number of Horses That Placed: 3 Number of Horses Finishing Out of Placings: 4 Non-Runners: 2 Total Profit Returned: 70pts Total Losses: -11pts Overall Profit/Loss: +59pts

Re: Lay down and die plenty to choose from today... wolves 2.40 symbol of peace (6/1) 3.15 kova hall (10/1) 5.00 eva soneva so fast (5/2) newbury 2.00 signs of love (11/2) 3.05 jacks craic (5/2) ayr 3.30 marshall hall (4/7) 4.05 flying doctor (3/1) 4.40 nevada red (8/15) :hope

Nice work so far mate . . . keep it going . . . will you be hoping to introduce filters - branch off systems or is this the finished article?
i've got 3 criteria that is the staple diet of the thread but am looking at another criteria starting with todays selections (which would exclude marshall hall, flying doctor, nevada red, signs of love and kova hall) - so will keep an eye on how the thread goes. :ok only problem is that 1 or 2 badly priced winners will screw up the profits big time, so will need a decent sample size to get a good idea on the long term potential :hope

plenty to choose from today... wolves 2.40 symbol of peace :dude 2nd @ 7/2 3.15 kova hall :dude 12th @ 11/1 5.00 eva soneva so fast :dude 2nd @ 15/8 newbury 2.00 signs of love :spank won @ 7/4 3.05 jacks craic :dude 2nd @ 3/1 ayr 3.30 marshall hall :spank won @ 4/6 4.05 flying doctor :dude 5th @ 11/4 4.40 nevada red :dude 2nd @ Evs :hope
a few seconds and a couple of donkeys-on-speed there but overall profit again :nana todays profit - 6x10pts = 60pts :dude todays losses - 17.5+6.67=24.17pts :spank todays overall return - +35.83pts :dude OVERALL STATS Number of Horses Laid: 18 Number of Horses That Won: 3 Number of Horses That Placed: 7 Number of Horses Finishing Out of Placings: 6 Non-Runners: 2 Total Profit Returned: 130pts Total Losses: -35.83pts Overall Profit/Loss: +94.83pts

Re: Lay down and die It's a little gizmo from Betfair that allows you to place orders at a given time before the off. I used it a bit last year and it worked ok. I had some issues with clearing cache's now and again but it may have been upgraded since then. You can download it from here mate. http://labs.betfair.com/labs.aspx And I think there may be a couple of threads about it somewhere on PL. :ok

It's a little gizmo from Betfair that allows you to place orders at a given time before the off. I used it a bit last year and it worked ok. I had some issues with clearing cache's now and again but it may have been upgraded since then. You can download it from here mate. http://labs.betfair.com/labs.aspx And I think there may be a couple of threads about it somewhere on PL. :ok
:ok a whole new world, i'd not entered before :loon cheers hodgey - i'll look into this and if the paper trial looks good, can get it up and running :ok

Re: Lay down and die lays for satday 3rd (with expected SP's) and a bit of a kelso bonanza; kelso 2.50 carrietau (5/4) 3.55 rosie redman (13/2) 4.25 bywell beau (2/1) 5.35 great approach (11/4) newbury 3.50 orcadian (11/4) 4.20 oiseau de nuit (7/1) southwell 4.10 allistathebarrista (7/2) 4.45 eastern dagger (5/1) kempton none :hope

i've got 3 criteria that is the staple diet of the thread but am looking at another criteria starting with todays selections (which would exclude marshall hall :spank' date= flying doctor:dude, nevada red:dude, signs of love :spank and kova hall:dude) - so will keep an eye on how the thread goes. :ok
for the extra criteria here, a small profit was made when not disregarded, but both the winners came from this category, so will continue to monitor - interestingly the other 3 all finished 2nd! with the extra criteria applied on satday, great approach and carrietau would be disregarded.

lays for satday 3rd (with expected SP's) and a bit of a kelso bonanza; kelso 2.50 carrietau :dude 3rd @ 10/11 3.55 rosie redman :dude PU @ 8/1 4.25 bywell beau :spank won @ 11/8 5.35 great approach :dude 2nd @ 4/1 newbury 3.50 orcadian :spank won @ 3/1 4.20 oiseau de nuit :dude 14th @ 5/1 southwell - abandoned :\ 4.10 allistathebarrista (7/2) 4.45 eastern dagger (5/1) kempton none :hope
a loss today, but its small and manageable. todays profit - 4x10pts = 40pts :dude todays losses - 13.75+30=43.75pts :spank todays overall return - (-3.75pts) :@ OVERALL STATS Number of Horses Laid: 26 Number of Horses That Won: 5 Number of Horses That Placed: 9 Number of Horses Finishing Out of Placings: 8 Non-Runners: 4 Total Profit Returned: 170pts Total Losses: -79.58pts Overall Profit/Loss: +90.42pts

sunday lays bangor 2.20 scotland yard :dude 2nd @ 8/11 3.50 haggle twins :dude 3rd @ 7/2 4.50 our jasper :dude 3rd @ 10/3
:D somewhat pleasing! todays profit - 3x10pts = 30pts :dude todays losses - nil! :nana todays overall return - +30pts :nana OVERALL STATS Number of Horses Laid: 29 Number of Horses That Won: 5 Number of Horses That Placed: 10 Number of Horses Finishing Out of Placings: 10 Non-Runners: 4 Total Profit Returned: 200pts Total Losses: -79.58pts Overall Profit/Loss: +120.42pts :D

Re: Lay down and die cheers staffy :ok lays for monday with expected SP's Hereford 2.40 shalati princess (3/1) 3.10 needle prick (15/8) 4.40 little rort (7/1) lingfield 2.00 our kes (7/4) wolves 1.50 blue hills (6/1) 2.50 temptation (3/1) 3.20 blue sky thinking (2/1) 3.50 came back (8/1) 5.20 diamond light (5/1) :hope