** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Lay down and die - paper trial

aliando

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Lay down and die

mondays lays kelso 3.50 know the ropes 9/2 5.20 patricksnineteenth 4/1 lingfield none southwell 3.00 neros return 5/4 fav 4.00 don tucker 6/4 fav 5.30 vegas boys 7/2 fav discarded southwell 5.00 parkview love a few favs there which may halt the good run....
A good Day Ali.. Just the one winner going against you.:clap :clap :clap :clap

Re: Lay down and die cheers lads - i'll put up with the odd winner if they are odds on :D

mondays lays kelso 3.50 know the ropes :dude PU @ 9/2 5.20 patricksnineteenth :dude 7th @ 11/4 fav lingfield none southwell 3.00 neros return :dude 2nd @ 10/11 fav 4.00 don tucker :spank won @ 8/11 fav 5.30 vegas boys :dude 3rd @ 7/2 fav discarded southwell 5.00 parkview love :dude 3rd @ 9/2 jt-fav a few favs there which may halt the good run....
todays profit - 4x10pts = 40pts :dude todays losses - 7.3 :@ todays overall return - +32.7pts :D OVERALL STATS Number of Horses Laid: 150 Number of Horses That Won: 30 Number of Horses That Placed: 42 Number of Horses Finishing Out of Placings: 65 Non-Runners: 13 Total Profit Returned: 1080pts Total Losses: -783.46pts Overall Profit/Loss: +296.54pts

Re: Lay down and die cheers kev!

tuesdays lays folkestone 2.55 impromptu :dude 5th @ 5/4 fav southwell 5.00 flushed :dude 6th @ 4/1 wetherby 4.50 dunbody millar :dude 2nd @ 7/2 discarded horses southwell 3.20 padre nostro :dude 9th @ 4/1
todays profit - 3x10pts = 30pts :dude todays losses - nil :D todays overall return - +30pts :D OVERALL STATS Number of Horses Laid: 153 Number of Horses That Won: 30 Number of Horses That Placed: 43 Number of Horses Finishing Out of Placings: 67 Non-Runners: 13 Total Profit Returned: 1110pts Total Losses: -783.46pts Overall Profit/Loss: +326.54pts

I'm off tomorrow so gonna lay all selections tomorrow. What do you recommend stakes to be?
minimal :lol seriously, ignore cnoc moy, be careful of takitwo (might be value at 2/1 and under but certainly has a chance here). as for the other 3, they look more solid - perhaps split your pot on these, aiming to make the same sum back* * if anyone with more horse racing knowledge/ideas knows of a better way, please feel free to let staffy/me know :ok good luck staffy - will check out the results when i get in from work :hope

Re: Lay down and die Superb again mate. :clap I must admit I was considering starting putting money on these too. But I think I will wait for 2 reasons: It's in such a good run, the law of averages says there will probably be a loser soon. And I think it's wise to paper trail for the 500 like you said at the start. Do you have any yield figures for this mate? Also, another question if I may: I don't know much about the horses but I believe certain types of year there are different types of races. Do you think your system will work in all types? Keep up the good work mate - long may it continue.:hope

1Superb again mate. :clap I must admit I was considering starting putting money on these too. But I think I will wait for 2 reasons: 2It's in such a good run, the law of averages says there will probably be a loser soon. And I think it's wise to paper trail for the 500 like you said at the start. 3Do you have any yield figures for this mate? 4Also, another question if I may: I don't know much about the horses but I believe certain types of year there are different types of races. Do you think your system will work in all types? Keep up the good work mate - long may it continue.:hope
1 - :ok 2 - its the law of averages that frightens me and as shown about a fortnight ago, a few bad days in a row could wipe me out. I'm hoping the extra filter will improve the strike rate etc but will have to wait for a decent number of lays to see more accurate figures. 3 - i've not really analysed the thread at all yet but i intend to once the paper trial is done. I've a uni course finishing end of may, so that'll take priority up unitl then, but after that i'll be looking at this thread and a few of my others and try and analyse previous results and look at how different staking strategies would have affected the figures. 4 - theres a lot of 'basics' re: the horses that i've no idea about - i'm a bit of a novice myself, but can look at the stats and hopefully find some patterns which i can use. This thread has shown success at the moment but theres no guarentee that it will do all year/for different seasons or in the long-term. I know the flat season has just started but will have to wait and see what effects it has - i'm hoping that it shouldnt be too detrimental overall, but thats to be seen. with re: to different types of races such as hurdles/flat/chase/handicap, its not something i've monitored with regards to results but i believe that the system should apply to all types :hope :ok

wensday lays catterick 2.20 just james :dude 8th @ 11/2 lingfield 3.00 mister elegant :dude UR @ 7/2 fav 4.30 takitwo :dude 5th @ 2/1 fav nottingham 4.40 street warrior :dude 5th @ 7/2 discarded horses lingfield 5.00 cnoc moy :rollin won @ 11/10
:notworthy extra filter! Again!! todays profit - 4x10pts = 40pts :dude todays losses - nil :D todays overall return - +40pts :D OVERALL STATS Number of Horses Laid: 153 Number of Horses That Won: 30 Number of Horses That Placed: 43 Number of Horses Finishing Out of Placings: 71 Non-Runners: 13 Total Profit Returned: 1150pts Total Losses: -783.46pts Overall Profit/Loss: +376.54pts :D

wensday lays catterick 2.20 just james 13/2 lingfield 3.00 mister elegant 5/1 jt-fav 4.30 takitwo 5/2 fav nottingham 4.40 street warrior 3/1 discarded horses lingfield 5.00 cnoc moy
:clap :clap :clap another excellent day.

:clap :clap :clap another excellent day.
its even starting to impress me now! :loon :ok thursday lays ludlow none wincanton 4.50 spinning coin 4/1 fav wolves 2.10 everest 3/1 fav 3.40 hollywood george 6/1 no discarded horses thursday

its even starting to impress me now! :loon :ok thursday lays ludlow none wincanton 4.50 spinning coin 4/1 fav wolves 2.10 everest 3/1 fav 3.40 hollywood george 6/1 no discarded horses thursday
I think :clap are not enough. May I be so bold as to put a :notworthy today! :lol Nice one again mate. Awesome stuff. :loon

Re: Lay down and die :lol cheers again Kev - i'm desperatley trying to do it properly but every time i see all these winners, it gets more and more difficult!

its even starting to impress me now! :loon :ok thursday lays ludlow none wincanton 4.50 spinning coin :dude11th @ 5/1 fav wolves 2.10 everest :dude 8th @ 4/1 3.40 hollywood george :dude 6th @ 11/2 no discarded horses thursday
todays profit - 3x10pts = 30pts :dude todays losses - nil :D todays overall return - +30pts :D OVERALL STATS Number of Horses Laid: 156 Number of Horses That Won: 30 Number of Horses That Placed: 43 Number of Horses Finishing Out of Placings: 74 Non-Runners: 13 Total Profit Returned: 1180pts Total Losses: -783.46pts Overall Profit/Loss: +406.54pts :D