Tennis, Week 8

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis, Week 8

Olivier Rochus to win 2-1 @ 4.00 WIN Evgueni Korolev to win 2-1 @ 6.00 WIN Chris Guccione to win 2-1 @ 4.00 LOST Alex Kuznetsov vs Kevin Kim: Alex Kuznetsov @ 2.36 WIN Vania King vs. Abigail Spears: Abigail Spears @ 2.58 WIN Man, o man..talk about taking a break, coming back and having the best day of betting in tennis...
some solid picks there expert...:clap

Re: Tennis, Week 8 of course Mayers must choke when serving for match... you probably don't wanna follow my bets if you love your money...but I got two more bets for tonight. Paul Goldstein vs Amer Delic Paul Goldstein didn't start season any good and is now on a four match losing streak. Amer Delic has good results from indoor challengers last year and his big serve could be a big problem for Goldstein to break. Amer Delic - 2.10 @ Pinnacle Kristian Pless vs Igor Kunitsyn Igor Kunitsyn looked really bad in Delray losing like a clown vs both Pavel and Mayer. He doesn't that a lot outside russia, don't know why but I know that Pless has beaten him twice in straight sets and I belive he can do it again. Kristian Pless - 1.74 @ Pinnacle

Re: Tennis, Week 8 Was watching it on the Betfair site and have to say Berdych was never in it, always under pressure. It was not a case of choking, but he was clearly uninterested:( The break points stat is a bit misleading too - if I remember well, all four Berdych's breaks came in one game. Poor luck, mate.

Stupid Berdych ! Just had to choke 2nd Set Break Points Won: Youzhny 1/1 Berdych 0/4 ....and now he quits playing...thank you...I'll rather shoot myself then make a bet on you again, you clown !

SportTennis
EventMoya x Starace
SelectionMoya (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date20/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.79 (Lay)
ReasoningMoya is not playing well recently and is far of this. Today its heading in the last year will play in house, defending and trying its 4º in telmex cup, but Starace will not be an easy adversary. In the H2H he is 2-0 for Starace(os 2 had been in 2005). In the last week it lost for ferrero in Brazil but it did not play badly and I believe that it will give to work for Carlos Moya today.

Was watching it on the Betfair site and have to say Berdych was never in it' date=' always under pressure. It was not a case of choking, but he was clearly uninterested:( The break points stat is a bit misleading too - if I remember well, all four Berdych's breaks came in one game. Poor luck, mate.[/quote'] no...he had two straight breakballs in two straight games... when he failed on the first game she suddenly couldn't get one single serve and made a double fault when it was 30-30 and gave Youzhny a breakball...this is so typical Berdych when he gets under pressure... Gilles Simon vs Philip Kohlschreiber Gilles Simon won the title in Paris last week and that was his first title and could have troubles to adapt here as he might be relaxed after the win and have trouble with focus on the match and Kohlschreiber could punish him for that. It wouldn't be the first time that would have happend. Philip Kohlschreiber - 2.25 @ Pinnacle

Re: Tennis, Week 8 yesterday went 1-2, with Ferrer the only winner... Berdych to win 2-1 Hrbaty Ferrer 2-0 Some even matches today, so let me begin with the early ones:

Sport Tennis
Event David Ferrer v Kristof Vliegen
Selection David Ferrer
Strength 10/10
Date 21/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price >Bet365 @ 1.72 (Back)
Reasoning Backing the Spaniard in this one, as he confidently beat Nieminen in two straight sets. Yeah also Vliegen did have anaeasy job against Rochus in the 1st round, but Ferrers superior hard court record in 2007 (8-1), compared to Vliegens 2-3 and the fact that Spaniard won their only h2h in 2007 make this quite a comfortable bet IMO. But you nenver know in tennis... For posting purposes pick is that Ferrer wil win this match in RL im going for Ferrers straight sets win which is valued @ 2.62 at the same bookie.
Sport Tennis
Event Gicquel, Marc vs Clement, Arnaud
Selection Gicquel, Marc
Strength 5/10
Date 21/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price Sportingodds @ 2.10 (Back)
Reasoning Going for the value in this match as both are very evenly matched. They did play one h2h in 2005 (clay) which Clement has won in straight sets. Both havent achieved much in 2007 and while Gicquel is first timer in Rotterdam, Clemet is here for fourth time and his best achievement was the 3rd round two years ago. IMO a real 50:50 match, but im picking they younger of them two and going for Gicquel win - small stakes of course

Sport Tennis
Event Gilles Simon vs. Philipp Kohlschreiber
Selection Gilles Simon
Strength 7/10
Date 21/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 1.83 (Back)
Reasoning Simon just fresh out winning the Marseille tournament in which he hasnt dropped not one set. He is playing Kohlschreiber, who just spent a week with the Daviscup team, his words "The week I spent in Krefeld with the Davis Cup team was great. It was good practising with the other guys and actually it feels good to be a member of the team.", so he should be fresh for this match, while Simon should feel just a little tiredness after the week of playing, but he did have 2 days off and is now facing the German. IMO a tight one, but simply cant go against Simon in that one, and also the odds for his win (looking at his form) are very nice.

Sport Tennis
Event Teimuraz Gabashvili vs. Alex Kuznetsov
Selection Alex Kuznetsov
Strength 7/10
Date 21/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price >10bet @ 2.26 (Back)
Reasoning Backing Kuznetsov again, reasons are high odds for his win, his better servis and of course the home ground. Simple value bet, as IMO these two are hard to separate and this will be their first h2h. Also gabashvili was very lucky to progress with Malisse forfeiting the match which he could easily won, because of wrist injury.

Re: Tennis, Week 8 David Ferrer vs Kristof Vliegen Kristof Vliegen has started to get going after a pretty poor start of the year. He made a great match vs Hewitt in DC and looked good yesterday vs Nieminen. David Ferrer beat C. Rochus yesterday but that doesn't impress me at all and he will have a much harder task here. Kristof Vliegen - 2.20

Sport Tennis
Event Paola Suarez vs. Emilie Loit
Selection Emilie Loit
Strength 10/10
Date 21/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price >10bet @ 1.82 (Back)
Reasoning Realy like the Loit chances in that match as she seems to be improving. Some impressive wins for her this season as she defeated Rezai, Danildou, BArtoli and make Hantuchova and Henin really work hard for their wins. In the first round she was impressive and droppped only three games vs. Parra Santonja. IMO a clear 2-0 win for her against 157 ranked Argentinian...also the odds really good

Sport Tennis
Event Patty Schnyder vs. Alicia Molik
Selection Alicia Molik +1.5 sets
Strength 8/10
Date 21/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price >10bet @ 1.95 (Back)
Reasoning Both have met three times and all matches went to three sets. Molik playing quite well lately and all but one matches she lost went to three sets, also the last h2h on 10.1. was a three setter. IMO a great odds for Molik to get at least a set.
just hope this bet is allowed as its a spread bet...

Sport Tennis
Event Sofia Arvidsson vs.Nicole Pratt
Selection Nicole Pratt
Strength 8/10
Date 21/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price >10bet @ 1.93 (Back)
Reasoning IMO Pratt is better player than Arvidsson and she also had some fine results this season with wins over Kirilenko, King, Safina, while Arvidsson 3 set succes over Bychkova is her first 1st round win in 2007.

Sport Tennis
Event Abigail Spears vs.Ioana Raluca Olaru
Selection Ioana Raluca Olaru
Strength 5/10
Date 21/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price >10bet @ 1.92 (Back)
Reasoning Going against Spears today. She did well against King and win it in 3rd set tiebreaker. Olaru also a qualifier in this tournament and she also had a tight 3 set match in 1st round against Albanese. IMO a 50:50 match but i give edge to young Romanian player as she leads the h2h with 2-0 with both matches played on hard court in 2006. Both matches finished with 2-1 win for Olaru with tie break deciding the final set.

Re: Tennis, Week 8 Paola Suarez vs Emilie Loit Can't do nothing but agree with Expekt here. Emilie Loit have started the year pretty good and have good fight vs players like Henin and Hantuchova. Paola Suarez is nothing special on clay while Emilie Loit made it to the quarters here last here so she clearly like the tournament. Emilie Loit - 1.82 @ Pinnacle

lol...of course...great one on molik...and Vliegen...he has lost every single game this year when I made a bet on him...lol...
the same with me and Atlanta Trashers in the NHL...they killed me at least 3 or 4 times in january...best thing to fade him.

Re: Tennis, Week 8 Benjamin Becker vs Robert Kendrick Well, I thought Robert Kendrick was ready for the ATP Tour after winning the challenge but bu lost very poorly against Greul. Benjamin Becker is getting better and better result and have a powerful serve and experience from the ATP Tour that should be too much for Kendrick. Benjamin Becker -1.5 Sets - 2.10 @ Stan James Jose Acasuso vs Diego Hartfield Jose Acasuso lost very poorly to Roitman but still have a small chance to progress and for that he must win this match. He sure has the talent and lets hope he has the motivation too. Jose Acasuso - 1.45 @ Interwetten Juan Monaco vs Potito Starace Potito Starace looked good vs Zabaleta and I can't see why he's such a big underdog here vs Monaco who hasn't any great result for a while and he has lost to Starce before. Potito Starace - 2.50 @ Fonbet Bethanie Mattek vs Shenay Perry Bethanie Mattek did a great job beating two-time Memphis WTA winner Lisa Raymond and screwing me. Maybe it was because of Raymond was unmotivated but I hope Mattek can continue to serve that well and make another suprise today. Bethanie Mattek - 2.25 @ Bet365 Agustin Calleri vs Flavio Saretta Thanks to this round-robin crap Agustin Calleri seems to need a miracle to progress. He must win in two straight sets and Montanes have to loose in straight sets. If Calleri loses a set he could just give up the match. Flavio Saretta - 2.58 @ Pinnacle AND THE BET OF THE DAY............ Guillermo Canas vs David Nalbandian Guillermo Canas should be tired after playing so many matches but Nalbandian is still injured. Tired player beats injured player any day of the week. Guillermo Canas - 1.70 @ Interwetten already down to 1.60....1.63 is avaible at Pinnacle plus...second thoughts on Loit...avoid that if you already havent made a bet.

Re: Tennis, Week 8 Loit won first set 64 and is 22 atm in the second. Actually she had 51 in first set and I couldn't believe how she could screw it big time... Btw, have you guys seen the stats on Daniilidou-Sugiyama match? Ubelievable these girls: more points made on return than on service. LOL

Re: Tennis, Week 8 Loit wins it!!:ok...you gave me a big scare DD....thankfuly she did it in 3 sets.... 4-0 with one void on the day...Kuznetsov leading 1-0 in sets, but 0-2 down in the 2nd...man o man...unreal for now...better not jinx other bets:hope