Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Discussion Thread

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Discussion Thread

You are being awfully kind calling Bell at batter. Bell is marginally better than Jason Gillespie. Hell' date=' I've seen Dizzy play entertaining innings before anyway![/quote'] At least Dizzy's got a double test century to his name. Alan Warriner the dart player got married to a lass called Little and is now called Alan Warriner-Little. Step up all the ladies that are called End and the bloke will have some decent recognition.

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Discussion Thread

At least Dizzy's got a double test century to his name. Alan Warriner the dart player got married to a lass called Little and is now called Alan Warriner-Little. Step up all the ladies that are called End and the bloke will have some decent recognition.
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Discussion Thread Hi all on here have to agree with all the comments about Bell on here, never liked him just not gutsy enough (and he replaced Graham 'Gutsy' Thorpe) he just doesnt have the metal/mental one bet tomorrow has to be Sri Lanka to beat England at 1-2 rubbish price I know, but some bets are just worth taking

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Discussion Thread Hi lads, I'm not much of a cricket betting man, but it's nice to have a few quid on one team to make it more interesting. I've like the look of Sri Lanka from the start and bet on them at a decent price after they were beaten by South Africa. Since then they've kind of struggled against the West Indies and England but are now second favourites to win the competition outright. We probably all agree that Australia are the best all round team especially when we include mental strength and their winning mentality. It looks to me like Sri Lanka will avoid Australia in the Semis and it is now that I ask for advice. If they do infact meet the aussies in the semis, I will probably lay Sri Lanka to basically get out of my bet with a slight profit still on SL. But if they get NZ or SA I'm not sure what I will do. I would be tempted to let it ride into the final. So do you lads think that Sri Lanka are serious contenders for this cup? Their bowling is superb, but they've looked a bit poor at batting... Would this have anything to do with the fact they were put in to bat first against SA, Windies and England after losing the toss each time... i.e Would the batsmen perform better if they had a total to chase?

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Discussion Thread If Sri Lanka meet Australia in the semis it is likely to be 1st v 4th at St.Lucia. Taking for granted that SL beat Ireland in the last game, that would mean them finishing third of a 3-way tie on RR with 10 points, or straight 4th with 8 points meaning they lost to both NZ & Australia. That takes for granted that Australia finish top :unsure for that not to happen then I'd say Australia have to lose to both NZ & SL giving them 10 points after beating England & Ireland, whilst NZ beat SA & probably SL as well. My thoughts are that Australia will lose to either SL or NZ in the Super-8's, meaning if NZ beat SL they could win the group. I see SA losing relatively easily to NZ. If Australia were able to choose their semi opponent I'd bet decent money it would be SA as they know they still hold the psychological high ground. If they were asked truthfully who they'd like to avoid, it would be Sri Lanka at St.Lucia, as it seriously suits SL ;)

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Discussion Thread With the Super 8's moving to different grounds on Tuesday,why is it impossible to find any statistics on pitch dimensions for the new stadia. The only thing I can get up are ground pictures and it does look like Grenada has a very short boundary on one side,so it could be intresting to try and get the advantage on the bookies for this next part. So if your near the ground or are some of the chinese builders that built this place,Give us a hint.