Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Discussion Thread

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Discussion Thread Great info in this thread already! :clap Crouch, where are you getting Bond to get most wickets for NZ? The only place I can see even offering bowling odds is Canbet, and they don't have NZ up... ...maybe just taken them down to adjust the odds?... I think Bond most wickets is a great bet at that price. :ok

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Discussion Thread Stan James have Shane Bond most wickets at 3.25, cut from 3.75 a couple of weeks ago. I know also that Centrebet are going to release team most wickets markets in the coming days. They already have most runs markets and I'll most likely be looking to use them as so far Centrebet's odds for most runs are much better than the UK firms.

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Discussion Thread

Thanks for your earlier input regarding Bond' date=' Crouch. I got him before they cut it from 3.75 so you were definitely right about it being a good price. Cheers. Hope he does the business now.[/quote'] Me too mate. I'm not on yet but he'll definitely be one of my treble bankers. NZ Most Runs looks a little harder. Taylor has played very well of late and has a lot of talent, but I'm leaning towards Stephen Fleming at this stage. Fleming has a wealth more experience and I think he values his wicket a little more than Taylor does - both attributes which I think will work in his favour in the Carribean. However, his ton against England in Brisbane was his first in 40 matches which is quite concerning and just how good Taylor is is still a bit of an unknown. Vincent has to be a chance too. Preference is to Fleming but confidence is a bit low at present.

conv_227.doc

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Discussion Thread For England's batsman I am very much a fan of Pietersen. I've already taken him in a single with Willhill at odds of 3-1 which I am confident is the best price going around, including that of Betfair. Anybody who fancies Pietersen should IMO take the Willhill price as I can see it being cut at some stage. Pietersen's record in past series isn't as spectacular as Bond's. Top scorer in the Indian Tour and the ICC trophy, his record in the two home series against Sri Lanka and Pakistan are far less impressive. However, the conditions in England wont be like that of the Carribean and I think that is important. Pietersen is without doubt IMO the best England batsman and the key for me is he strikes at nearly 95 and comes in ahead of both Collingwood and Flintoff, the two I see as his big rivals. Collingwood strikes at around 73 and the one at the top of the order who I see as a danger, Bell, is quite slow in comparison. Pietersen is one of my favourite players so perhaps I'm slightly biased here, but I would be slightly surprised if his superior talent and ability does not see him make the most runs for England. For me he is one of the banker performances I will use in my trebles staking idea.

conv_228.doc

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Discussion Thread hi, first of all thanks for all the information so far ;) i think an essential fact to deciding who is australias top run scorer is, that the top order, especially the opening pair is failing to often. neither watson, hayden or gilchrist are that steady... that leaves ricky ponting, usually batting at three and able to play some fine captains innings, but i expect to see him very often accompanied by michael hussey. except for michael hussey none of the australian middle order players is going to be decicive... (very good, not more) mr. cricket is continuing michael bevans legacy as australian finisher, so i'd say there is a very good chance he will be the top run scorer. i know that openers do have a certain advantage, but i'd expect to see hussey in nearly every game. when betting on m. hussey i'm more worried about the state of his defence, he got clean bowled a bit too often during the australian summer... so what do you think about mr. cricket? a sure thing in my opinion is to bet in every game on hussey not out, since he is the finisher ;) cheers

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Discussion Thread I doubt there is an option on betting Hussey to finish not out, although I've never bet on a cricket world cup, so maybe they will offer these specials. As for what I think about Mr. Cricket, I think he's a fantastic batsman and it's a great shame he didn't play in the 2005 Ashes. From a betting perspective, I don't really think much about Mr. Cricket. He plays many good innings but his ability to be innings top bat I don't think is overly remarkable, though I could be wrong. As far as I'm aware the person with the best strike rate for innings high bat is Kevin Pietersen, but I'm really not too clued up.

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Discussion Thread well i wouldn't say hussey is the best batsman in the australian team, i was just thinking about the fact, that he is finishing very often an therefore has a lot of time in the middle.... therefore he could well be the australian top scorer, based on consistency, not fireworks like poting, gilchrist, symonds i almost forgott. kp is the man to bet on, when looking for the top scoring english batsmen. Depends a bit on who is going to open besides straus. none of the potential replacements for tresco have a long enough one day record to make any good predictions. flintoff seems to be the pick for the english bowlers, can't see anybody else in the england squade matching his consistency, though their are decent bowlers in this england side. If there would be a possibility to make a bet for the best alrounder, no doubt flintoff is the man to pick. all these are my picks, although im not even that sure about them, cause a cricket players psyche is a very fragile and unpredictable thing. it is possible to bet live on cricket on bwin, i don't know if it will be possible to bet on world cup games. though i'm pretty sure they offer the bet: "batsman not out" (in live games)

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Discussion Thread Do you mean series top scorer for Australia, or top scorer in innings? As for Bwin, they are notoriously shit and with no disrespect intended, most smart punters will not bet with them because they are jokers and many punters have had problems with them. There are a few threads around here about them ripping people off and if you use important stakes I suggest you review your policy about using them for big bets. Just my opinion, of course.

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Discussion Thread i'll have a look at those threads, bwin was just the only site i been using so far and things worked out fine for me.... i mean series top scorer, sorry if i wasn't clear on that. clearly as you can see i'm a newbie punter :)

i'll have a look at those threads, bwin was just the only site i been using so far and things worked out fine for me.... i mean series top scorer, sorry if i wasn't clear on that. clearly as you can see i'm a newbie punter :)
I'm a tad busy atm but I'll try and find some links for you later regarding Bwin. I have an account with them but that is only so I can watch German Bundesliga streams, never had money in there so I can't confirm first hand the problems, but a lot of experienced guys around here swear to avoid them and I respect that opinion and so I don't use them for betting. As for top scorer, as you may have gathered my major betting plan for the World Cup is based around top scorers so I have a few things. I'm still compiling all my information but will hopefully have more soon.

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Discussion Thread so far ur plan seems rather good, i'm very interested in the whole thing... i'll check who was australian top scorer in 2003, if it was bevan my theorie might be right.. with bond i think ur right on the money...

so far ur plan seems rather good, i'm very interested in the whole thing... i'll check who was australian top scorer in 2003, if it was bevan my theorie might be right.. with bond i think ur right on the money...
RT Ponting 11 10 2 415

AC Gilchrist 10 10 0 408

ML Hayden 11 11 1 328

A Symonds 9 5 3 326 DR Martyn 10 8 3 323 DS Lehmann 10 8 3 224

MG Bevan 9 5 2 148 Format I think is games, innings, not outs and runs scored. Far column on right is what you want, Bevan pretty low down.

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Discussion Thread thanks, i guess that doesn't support my theorie. i'd still say hussey is going to be better, at least better then bevan, since he is a better batsman and will have more time in the middle, because the top order is'/will be failing more often than in 2003 but i'd go for ponting as australian top scorer.

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Discussion Thread Ponting in my eyes is just too short, as is Pietersen. Yes they're the likeliest winners but theres no value whatsoever at just 2/1 to 9/4. Somebody asked about an all rounders bet, & Sporting Odds do such a market:

World Cup 2007 - Top All Rounder
Top All Rounder - 1 Point per Run Scored & 10pt per Wicket Taken
Price Stake
Jacques Kallis 4/1
Sanath Jayasuriya 6/1
Chris Gayle 6/1
Andrew Flintoff 7/1
Shaun Pollock 10/1
Dwayne Bravo 12/1
Shane Watson 14/1
Paul Collingwood 14/1
Jacob Oram 16/1
Andrew Hall 20/1
Tillekeratne Dilshan 20/1
Justin Kemp 20/1
Dwayne Smith 20/1
Jamie Dalrymple 25/1
Irfan Pathan 25/1
Daniel Vettori 25/1
Shahid Afridi 25/1
Shoaib Malik 25/1
z.gif
z.gif
z.gif
:( sorry, that looks well messy. I'm watching Bermuda bowl against England at the moment & England are currently 145-5. The Bermudans do look as though if you get on top of them they'll fold though & its always difficult until you see both sides bat. I've backed India, Sri Lanka & Bangladesh to score the highest tourny total @ 11/2 the pair & 20/1 essentially against this lot.

Ponting in my eyes is just too short, as is Pietersen. Yes they're the likeliest winners but theres no value whatsoever at just 2/1 to 9/4. Somebody asked about an all rounders bet, & Sporting Odds do such a market:
World Cup 2007 - Top All Rounder
Top All Rounder - 1 Point per Run Scored & 10pt per Wicket Taken
Price Stake
Jacques Kallis4/1
Sanath Jayasuriya6/1
Chris Gayle6/1
Andrew Flintoff7/1
Shaun Pollock10/1
Dwayne Bravo12/1
Shane Watson14/1
Paul Collingwood14/1
Jacob Oram16/1
Andrew Hall20/1
Tillekeratne Dilshan20/1
Justin Kemp20/1
Dwayne Smith20/1
Jamie Dalrymple25/1
Irfan Pathan25/1
Daniel Vettori25/1
Shahid Afridi25/1
Shoaib Malik25/1
z.gif
z.gif
z.gif
:( sorry, that looks well messy. I'm watching Bermuda bowl against England at the moment & England are currently 145-5. The Bermudans do look as though if you get on top of them they'll fold though & its always difficult until you see both sides bat. I've backed India, Sri Lanka & Bangladesh to score the highest tourny total @ 11/2 the pair & 20/1 essentially against this lot.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol No worries swoops when I copy and paste it comes out like that.:lol :lol :lol :welcome to PuntersLounge Swoops. I've already had a bit of a do on the special's market's and i love the ones for the Fullest Figured Performer:lol and had a bash on Jamie Dalyrmple. And i've just had a bet on betfair for the highest opening partnership.We had no odds at the start bar 1/100 for England, now there going 11/10 England.I know there only defending 14 but that could be a hell of a lot to the Bermudans.

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Discussion Thread St.Augustines one of the new grounds though isnt it so its very hard to judge until both sides have batted IMO. I think one of the features of this WC wil be the massively differing scores, as in once we hit the Super-8's there will be at least 3 new grounds being used. It takes time for a cricket square to settle, think of the Rose Bowl, & there could be a lot of inconsistent bounce. For example Australia will play 3 games in Antigua & it may be with their bowling worries that the opposition bowl better on up & down tracks than they do. That said I think if theres going to be a really big upset in this WC it will be Ireland against Pakistan, as I think Ireland are under-rated. That will be the 3rd group game which means likely as not the 3rd time the same track has been used in 3 days. If the Irish bowlers fire then Pakistan could struggle as the Pakistani bowling is weak, & the lowest score Ireland have made in ODIs is 240.....yes against weaker sides but it shows they can bat. Cheers for the welcome Sharp1ne, though some will tell you I've been here before ;) I dont fancy Australia for this WC tbh, I think they'll come unstuck where theyre outbowled on a poor wicket more than once, but that leads me no closer to who will :$

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Discussion Thread I think these venues for the warm up's are not used at all in the WC.But with all the grounds almost relaying all there pitches there could be a few good bets out there.I'm just enjoying the minnows having a bit of fun. Myself I think this is the one for India no real reasoning just gut instinct.

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Discussion Thread I found an interessting way to make money with almost every cricket game.... All you need is a place that offers live betting on cricket games, and the bet „will the next over be uneven“ (typically around 1.7-2). Also you will need a considerable amount of money in your account. Basically it's a simple double the stakes kind of thing. Bet on the next over being uneven and see what happens. If you win, good for you, if you don't bet on the next over, raising the stakes as illustrated:

Odd Profit
1,8 1
Stake
First bet 0,56
Second bet 1,11
Third bet 2,17
Fourth bet 4,4
Fifth bet 8,79
Sixth bet 17,58
Seventh bet 35,16
Odd Profit
1,8 10
Stake
First bet 5,56
Second bet 11,11
Third bet 21,73
Fourth bet 43,95
Fifth bet 87,9
Sixth bet 175,8
Seventh bet 351,6
As you can see the profit is constant. The stakes are being calculated, so the next bet is going to cover all losses and win the same amount of money. This will work with any kind of recurring bet. It is especially good in cricket games, because there are 50 overs in an innings, thus a very often recurring bet... Also the outcome is pretty much 50/50 (i guess maidens are losses). Although i came to the impression that there are more uneven overs in high socring games (plus there are less maidens). Therefore the world cup is an ideal time to do this. Especially games with a clear favourite can bring lot's of joy when the favourite is batting :) enjoy or correct me if i've done somethin terribly wrong... PS there is of course the risk of not having enough money to make the next bet! So far it did work for me, i was never forced to bet more than 2,17. I'd say the chance that there will be more than 5 overs even in a row are extremly slim.

I found an interessting way to make money with almost every cricket game.... All you need is a place that offers live betting on cricket games, and the bet „will the next over be uneven“ (typically around 1.7-2). Also you will need a considerable amount of money in your account. Basically it's a simple double the stakes kind of thing. Bet on the next over being uneven and see what happens. If you win, good for you, if you don't bet on the next over, raising the stakes as illustrated:
Odd Profit
1,8 1
Stake
First bet 0,56
Second bet 1,11
Third bet 2,17
Fourth bet 4,4
Fifth bet 8,79
Sixth bet 17,58
Seventh bet 35,16
Odd Profit
1,8 10
Stake
First bet 5,56
Second bet 11,11
Third bet 21,73
Fourth bet 43,95
Fifth bet 87,9
Sixth bet 175,8
Seventh bet 351,6
As you can see the profit is constant. The stakes are being calculated, so the next bet is going to cover all losses and win the same amount of money. This will work with any kind of recurring bet. It is especially good in cricket games, because there are 50 overs in an innings, thus a very often recurring bet... Also the outcome is pretty much 50/50 (i guess maidens are losses). Although i came to the impression that there are more uneven overs in high socring games (plus there are less maidens). Therefore the world cup is an ideal time to do this. Especially games with a clear favourite can bring lot's of joy when the favourite is batting :) enjoy or correct me if i've done somethin terribly wrong... PS there is of course the risk of not having enough money to make the next bet! So far it did work for me, i was never forced to bet more than 2,17. I'd say the chance that there will be more than 5 overs even in a row are extremly slim.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martingale_%28probability_theory%29 Not advised.

Re: Cricket: 2007 World Cup - Discussion Thread Well the theorie is right, no doubt about that. though i never stated that there is a relationship between present and past variables... nonetheless this does work in real games ;) sooner or later there will be an uneven over, only problem is, that later could be, when ur running out of money. btw i made about 15 units profit with this already...