Cheapest Sit N Gos

The Floorwalker

Re: Cheapest Sit N Gos At Ladbrokes the mimimum buy-in for a ten seater S&G is either $2+.20c or $2+.30c (different blind structure between the two games). Laddies also run some short handed STT for about the same sum. But the payout isn't really worth it on the short handed tables; $7 for finishing first. I've found I'm far better off playing the 10 seaters, as I finish in the money just as often :cheers

Re: Cheapest Sit N Gos

They are like playing bingo though' date=' people will call with anything, figuring hey it's only .10c.[/quote'] Which will give you a massive edge on your opponents - if your mate cant make masses (in terms of buy in) at this level then he still has plenty to learn..... What I think is a great lesson at this level is selective starting hands - try playing one (not a "turbo") where you fold everything, except AA, KK, QQ and AK where you go all in - I think you'll be surprised how close you come to the money - indeed it wouldn't surprise me if you did make the money (I haven't tried it) ..... If your mate cant beat this level, then I would suspect he is playing too loose.....

Re: Cheapest Sit N Gos When I first started playing I used to play the 10c SNG on VC poker. As I improved i played 25c, 50c, $1 SNG's on the same site. Stats seemed to show that my success rate IMPROVED as the stake went up, seeming to suggest that AJ's theorem that this level is a lottery is not far wrong. Saying that, I wouldn't necessarily say that you need to go up to $3 before 'real' poker is played. The $1 SNG on VC is relatively easy but does feature 'real' poker.

Re: Cheapest Sit N Gos thanks again chaps :ok I've passed all the info on and they are going to see which one they like the look of best - I'm sure their bank account will be grateful too ! ;) I agree about the lottery of the low stakes ones but I learnt on Betfairs £1 sit n gos and it certainly felt like real (albeit poor quality) poker. I moved on to William Hills when Betfair made a mess of the software and I've been happy on there ever since. I've been playing the $5 games and even making a few quid.:ok thanks to all who have taken the time to post info - much obliged.....

Re: Cheapest Sit N Gos I actually like the 10cent games - its really means you need to work on your patience and wait for position and cards and you also get the feel for betting pot odds etc (giving then, or accepting them etc) :ok then again I am bonkers..... ;) Damo

They are like playing bingo though, people will call with anything, figuring hey it's only .10c.