** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

International Friendlies ( Feb 6-8)

Re: International Friendlies ( Feb 6-8)

By that I mean' date=' play against England, when they play at home and you will win more money, then you thought. It is not Englands fould, but more the bookmakers. They believe to much in the English team, and that is very good for us gamblers.[/quote'] Yes it is Englands fault, everyones patriotic here so they all whack on, hence the price drop.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: International Friendlies ( Feb 6-8) Croatia - Norway. Somehow this Croatian team is not convincing me in this game... Yes they are pretty good at home, but... Midweek friendly game, and where..in Rijeka with those bad rainy conditions...grey day.....not some great enthusiasm and hot atmosphere like before Quali games, which pushes me to try Norway. Croatians expect to win this match at home of course, but Norway will be hard nut... They are a tricky team nowdays and this beeing a friendly I think they have more chances to win then these odds suggest. Croatians can afford to loose this one, especially now when they will miss few players in defence. It's a friendly and a nice slap in the face to wake them up a bit before quali.games will certainly do them good. I will LAY Croatia, betfair @2.24. GL~ (I'm sure Norway is capable to take the lead tonight, so them to score first, 10bet @2.34 is looking nice to me aswell). But overall we should see both teams scoring imo, so I will LAY Under 1.5 goals, betfair @3.25. GL~

SportFootball (Internationals)
EventHolanda x Rússia
SelectionHolanda / under 2,5
Strength10/10 - 10/10
Date07/02/2007
Bookmaker/PriceBetdaq @ 1.81 (Back) / Interwetten @1,80 (Back)
ReasoningMy first one bets for this game is to under. Russia is a team that does not mark many gols, of last the 12 games of the Russian election happened only one to over. In the Dutch squad ploughs injured defenders Urby Emanuelson (knee) and John Heitinga (thigh) and the to goalkeeper Edwin van to give to Sar (with broken nose)and ploughs out of game. But Holland has more quality of that the Russian election and I find that it gains this game, joining to this the fact of the dutch players to be in full activity while the Russians are without playing, due to winter break in to their league

Re: International Friendlies ( Feb 6-8) France hosting Argentina in this friendly game in Paris. Possible squads: (FRA): Coupet - Sagnol, Squillaci , Givet (ou Escudé), Abidal ( Evra) - Vieira, Makelele ( Mavuba) - Ribéry, Malouda, Govou ( Trezeguet) - Henry. (ARG): Abbondanzieri - Burdisso, Ayala, G.Milito, Heinze - J.Zanetti, L.González, Gago, Cambiasso - Saviola, Crespo. So a clash of two strong teams tonight. I decided to LAY France in this one. Argentina have plenty of missings like Duscher, Mascherano, Tevez, Maxi Rodriguez, Walter Samuel, Messi, Palacio, Coloccini, Zabaleta, Riquelme, Sorin, but despite that they still have pretty strong lineup, with Crespo and Saviola upfront, both in nie form, then Cambiasso and Zanetti who are having a great season with Inter. Abbondanzieri is doing great in Getafe aswell but all others also. France have strong squad but still can't see Argentina loosing this one. LAY France, betfair @2.32.GL~

Anyone have news on Belgium v Czech Republic?
Czech squad: Goalkeepers: Petr Cech 20. 5. 1982 Chelsea FC Jaromir Blazek 29.12. 1972 AC Sparta Praha Defenders: Marek Jankulovski 9. 5. 1977 AC Milan Martin Jiranek 25. 5. 1979 FC Spartak Moskva Radoslav Kovac 27.11. 1979 FC Spartak Moskva David Rozehnal 5. 7. 1980 Paris Saint-Germain FC Tomáš Ujfalusi 24. 3. 1978 ACF Fiorentina Midfielders: Tomas Galasek 15. 1. 1973 1. FC Norimberk Marek Matejovsky 20.12. 1981 FK Mlada Boleslav Jaroslav Plasil 5. 1. 1982 AS Monako Jan Polak 14. 3. 1981 1. FC Norimberk Tomas Rosicky 4.10. 1980 Arsenal FC Libor Sionko 1. 2. 1977 Glasgow Rangers FC Forwards: Milan Baros 28.10. 1981 Olympique Lyon Jan Koller 30. 3. 1973 AS Monako Marek Kulic 11.10. 1975 FK Mladá Boleslav David Lafata 18. 9. 1981 FK Jablonec 97 During the 1st half the strongest squad should be fielded according to Karel Bruckner (czech coach), however - in the 2nd half he will rotate most of the squad in order to test most of the players....

Romania - Moldova 2:0 yeeeessssss ... in the 88 min .... I will never put so much money on a friendly game again ... I swear :nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana :clap
:lol:lol:lol Romania was so shite i barely understand how could we score even those 2 goals ... :puke. Never put alot of money on frendlies again;)

During the 1st half the strongest squad should be fielded according to Karel Bruckner (czech coach)' date=' however - in the 2nd half he will rotate most of the squad in order to test most of the players....[/quote'] Thanks :clap No news from the Belgium squad?

EventPoland x Slovakia
SelectionSlovakia (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date07/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.70 (Lay)
ReasoningGame in Spain. imo, this match will be very balanced, Zurawski is injured you the Poland, but the Poland has still one squad better and finds that it does not lose today. In the last games the Poland obtained good victories as against belgium in Brussels and Portugal. However, the Slovakia does not have to be subestimed, and one also draw to is probable.

EventAndorra x Arménia
Selectiondraw (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date07/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.80 (Lay)
ReasoningIn my opinion it will be an opened game, with both teams with possibilities to be successful, despite clearly the favoritism of the Armenia. Armenia is one of the few elections of the world where the Andorra has 15% of possibility to be successful. It is very difficult, but it can happen. Armenia will have all its main players the disposal. In last the 5 confrontations you enter the two elections had been 5 victories for Armenia

Georgia v Turkey Turkey have played with coach Fatih Terim 20 games and they have scored in 18 games.They lost with him just one time in Switzerland. My personely selection is Turkey win. Selection : Away win
Any idea how Turkey is doing game is ending but can still place bet if they are playing football

Re: International Friendlies ( Feb 6-8) Gentlemen, Not a friendly match but a Euro 2008 Qualifier, San Marino vs Rep of Ireland. My own country away to the minnows of San Marino, PaddyPowers have San Marino @ 11/10 (+4 goals), an absolute steal in my mind and I have had quite a large bet on that. Ireland only beat them 5-0 in Dublin and with other games coming up soon, I am sure Ireland will be quite happy to win the match and if they get a goal or two up I think they will take their foot off the pedal. We are hardly a free scoring team anyway.......... Leeside

EventEngland x Spain
SelectionEngland (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date07/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.68 (Lay)
ReasoningGame in Old Trafford. Rooney was doubt, but probably it goes to play. Owen Hargreaves, Jermaine Jenas, Andrew Johnson and Ledley King - none will play. England when at plays home is always overrated, still more for being one friendly, and without counting that it does not pass for a good moment, joining to this the fact of Spain to have good squad, with Morientes and Villa in good form. X2 for me

It means to bet against' date=' your basically being the bookie.. If you think a team will [b']NOT win (includes draw) you lay it..
yes, an example: England are currently 2.7 to lay on Betfair if you took this lay bet to a £10 stake, then : if England don't win (i.e., they lose or draw), you win the £10 stake If England do win, you lose £17 (the liability - what you will lose if your bet loses) Liability is calculated as follows: (Decimal lay odds - 1) X stake In the above case the liability for laying England to win at 2.7 would be (2.7 - 1) X £10 = £17 Lay betting is usually available on Betting exchanges which charge a commission fee on any winning bets. This is usually 5% for winning bets on a given market but can be less. Hope this helps.

Re: International Friendlies ( Feb 6-8) England will run out in a brand new kit at Old Trafford on Wednesday night for their friendly with Spain. Steve McClaren and England fans will hope that it heralds a new era of success for the national team. Despite carrying no competitive weight this game is important for both teams as a platform prior to the resumption of their faltering Euro 2008 campaigns next month. The Three Lions have dropped four points from their last two qualifiers, while Spain are currently lying fifth in Group F, below Latvia and Northern Ireland, against whom they suffered a shock 3-2 in Belfast. The last time these sides met the Spaniards won 1-0, but the result was overshadowed the racist chants, and ugly confrontations on the pitch. Spain were comfortably beaten on their last visit to England in 2001. I hate friendlies at the best of times but I might just have a nibble on the 1-1.

Re: International Friendlies ( Feb 6-8) I took a four-teamer for fun this afternoon...Germany (win), Slovenia (winning 1-0), Armenia (0-0 in the 70th...grrr) all to win outright, and Spain dnb (0-0 HT). Spain missed one great chance in the first half, but the game has played very evenly...really worried about Armenia putting one in the net....