** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

International Friendlies ( Feb 6-8)

Re: International Friendlies ( Feb 6-8)

Originally Posted by ksk1912 viewpost.gif
Brazil v Portugal (20:00 GMT)1.983.504.60
Can somebody me explaining why the price for Portugal so high is ? This game will be playing in England,and i think it will be not to easy win for Brazil.
Yeah I was thinking the same myself today, Brazil is not the Brazil of old and with 'Dino missing I think Portugal is a massive price with C.Ronaldo currently being the best player in the world and lets face it the Brazil defence have hardly been great in the past.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: International Friendlies ( Feb 6-8) N Ire 0-0 Wales well what a borefest that was, we dominated the 1st half without creating too many chances, Koumas played very well. NI dominated the seond half, McCann was unlucky to hit the bar with a long ranger. :zzz :zzz :zzz

Re: International Friendlies ( Feb 6-8) USA v Mexico match should be an interesting 'friendly' tomorrow night. "I don't like their talking... I don't like the way they treat us, the way they don't respect us," was Landon Donovan's view back in 2005. Jared Borgetti best summed up the Mexican point of view: "This goes way beyond football. The USA has a lot of power in the world and it's almost like they're asking for a good kicking." New Mexican coach has appealed for national pride in tonights game and has picked a full strength team. A lineup of top Mexican talent is bolstered by European-based Ricardo Osorio and Pavel Pardo of Stuttgart, Rafael Marquez of Barcelona, Carlos Salcido of PSV Eindhoven and Nery Castillo of Greece´s Olympiakos. The USA lineup includes Landon Donovan and midfielder Pablo Mastroeni with support from European based Tim Howard, Bobby Convey, Carlos Bocanegra and Clint Dempsey. Mexico will want to erase their recent results on American soil. When playing at home against Mexico, the USA have not lost since 1999, a run of seven matches in which they have not conceded a single goal (in 663 consecutive minutes) and outscored their rivals by an impressive 11-0. Sanchez won everything he could as coach of PUMAS in Mexico [2 titles, 2cups]and they were beaten in the final of the Copa Sudamerica in 2005. Bob Bradley, USA coach, replaced Arena after the world cup but is pretty inexperienced in top level football. I have sneaky feeling for Mexico win tomorrow night so as it's a friendly just a small bet for me. Mexico win - 2.90 @ Bet1128 - 1pt/5 This will be a competitive game in all but name

USA v Mexico match should be an interesting 'friendly' tomorrow night. "I don't like their talking... I don't like the way they treat us, the way they don't respect us," was Landon Donovan's view back in 2005. Jared Borgetti best summed up the Mexican point of view: "This goes way beyond football. The USA has a lot of power in the world and it's almost like they're asking for a good kicking." New Mexican coach has appealed for national pride in tonights game and has picked a full strength team. A lineup of top Mexican talent is bolstered by European-based Ricardo Osorio and Pavel Pardo of Stuttgart, Rafael Marquez of Barcelona, Carlos Salcido of PSV Eindhoven and Nery Castillo of Greece´s Olympiakos. The USA lineup includes Landon Donovan and midfielder Pablo Mastroeni with support from European based Tim Howard, Bobby Convey, Carlos Bocanegra and Clint Dempsey. Mexico will want to erase their recent results on American soil. When playing at home against Mexico, the USA have not lost since 1999, a run of seven matches in which they have not conceded a single goal (in 663 consecutive minutes) and outscored their rivals by an impressive 11-0. Sanchez won everything he could as coach of PUMAS in Mexico [2 titles, 2cups]and they were beaten in the final of the Copa Sudamerica in 2005. Bob Bradley, USA coach, replaced Arena after the world cup but is pretty inexperienced in top level football. I have sneaky feeling for Mexico win tomorrow night so as it's a friendly just a small bet for me. Mexico win - 2.90 @ Bet1128 - 1pt/5 This will be a competitive game in all but name
I totally agree with you. This Mexico team With sanchez coaching and top quality players like Rafa Marquez is definitely gonna break the losing streak on American soil. This is a very strong Squad. On the other side USA won't play with their full squad. Only 4 of their European based players will play. I'll back Mexico. I think i'm gonna place the following in case there's is a draw: USA - Mexico (0) 1.95 @ fonbet

Re: International Friendlies ( Feb 6-8) Romania - Moldova Not the best friendly game for us, as we should play Italy but...you know the rest. Very quick our federation settled a game against our neighbours Moldova, but they didn't plan to meet Romania so most of the playersfrom their first 11 won't play. Moldova's coach said that some players skipped this game as they didn't want to play. Some others got injuries wright before departure and won't be able to play either. They hardly got 18 players for this game and to be honest they are mediocre players. For Romania this is a friendly game to preparate the clash vs Holland and the players will give their best. ROMÂNIA D. Coman - Contra, Tamaş, Ghionea, P. Marin - Ov. Petre, Roşu - Fl. Petre, Coşiş, Mutu - Marica. Substitutes: Lobonţ, Goian, R. Ştefan, Codrea, Ad. Cristea, Pulhac, Nicoliţă, Mazilu, Buga Injuries: Chivu , Raţ , Pleşan MOLDOVA Paşcenco - Lascenov, Iepureanu, Golovatenco, Bulgaru - Berco, Gaţcan, Ivanov, Comlionoc - Rogaciov, Frunză I only managed to got Romania -1.75 @ 1.83 at gamebookers and looks good as i wait for a comfortable win for us 4/10

Re: International Friendlies ( Feb 6-8) croatia is without 10 first team players( injuries)and for today ara available players from croatian league( most of them). 4,5 on norway is very nice price 4/10 they are playing on kantrida,that ground is better for norway ,dont know why ,but every coach is saying that x2 2,7 6/10 gl

croatia is without 10 first team players( injuries)and for today ara available players from croatian league( most of them). 4,5 on norway is very nice price 4/10 they are playing on kantrida,that ground is better for norway ,dont know why ,but every coach is saying that x2 2,7 6/10 gl
I agree, but, croatia have never lost a game at home (official game) and lost just few frandly (brasil, italy, england... didnt menage to beat them so be careful) I must say that X at @3,50 look to good or over 3,5 goals (but it will be raining so that might be problem :( ) BTW. I'm new to forum, hi to all from .... Croatia :)

Re: International Friendlies ( Feb 6-8) England - Spain = X2 Tonight’s match is between England and Spain.

And I must really admit, that when it comes to bookmaking and England, then the English National Team is a bit overrated by the bookies.

By that I mean, play against England, when they play at home and you will win more money, then you thought. It is not Englands fould, but more the bookmakers. They believe to much in the English team, and that is very good for us gamblers.

My bet is tonight a doublechance X2 on the Spanish team. Yes I know, the form is not so good right now, but one thing I have learned thru the years, is never to underestimate the Spanish national team.

If we look at the players objective, the Spanish team is as good a the English team. Perhaps +1 in technical and passing skills. And if Wayne Rooney is injured tonight (was injured in the Manchester match against Tottenham), then the chances for spain to win, is good.

My bet is x2 at odds 1.67 at betfair and possible rising thru the day. J

Re: International Friendlies ( Feb 6-8) Cyprus - Bulgaria Final of the tournament in Cyprus. Yesterday Bulgaria had little trouble beating Latvia 2:0 and Cyprus won 2:1 against Hungary (allegedly with a bit of help from a local referee). Bulgaria will start with 3 strikers today and they (we) are favourites to win the match. Referee help worries me though so I will take Bulgaria to win with a small stake only (1/10 - odds 2.1 bet365). I believe this should be a match with Over 2.5 goals but I can't find this market at Betfair and Bet365. Bulgaria starting lineup: Petkov (GK - Levski), Kishishev (Charlton), Topuzakov (Levski), Valentin Iliev (CSKA Sofia), Zanev (Litex), Marian Hristov (Wolfsburg), Stanislav Angelov (Levski), Todorov (Portsmouth), Telkiyski (Levski), Berbatov (Tottenham), Bozinov (Juventus). Iankov (Hannover) should replace Hristov in the second half. Strikers Genkov and Yankovich are expected to play in the second half as well. There's value in two HT/FT bets - Bulgaria/Bulgaria and Bulgaria/Draw as I believe that we will be leading at HT (because of all big name strikers starting the match and expected to be substituted around HT). The other match in the tournament is Hungary - Latvia. Latvia was poor yesterday but Hungary also disappointed. I still think that Hungary is the better team, odds for Hungary to win is nice (2.6) but I will skip it.

Re: International Friendlies ( Feb 6-8) Robert Kovač, Niko Kovač, Olić, Rapaić, Šimunić, Šerić, Sablić, Knežević, Tudor, Klasnić****these are out line up pletikosa,Šimić, Ćorluka, Vejić ,Babić,Srna, Kranjčar, Modrić,Jerko Leko (also injured), Eduardo,Petrić. they are waiting for rain in rijeka *****da silva is sick...balaban instead

Re: International Friendlies ( Feb 6-8) I mentioned this before on another board but bookies don't overrate england, the public do, they know the money on them will cover the bigger price on the other side. As for tonight a note of caution there might be a few small things worth a bite but remember these are international friendlies, largely meaningless games so don't put too much money or faith in a side, just small entertainment money.

Re: International Friendlies ( Feb 6-8) I'm doing small stakes on: SPAIN (not to lose) GERMANY (not to lose) Rep Of Ireland/San Marino (For there to be 4 goals or more) Small odds but small stakes as it's meaningless, but confident it will win.

Re: International Friendlies ( Feb 6-8) Agree with godmato about Romania's game, but i wouldve liked -1.5 to be honest. Coman, Ghionea, P. Marin adn Ov. Petre havent played a single competitive game so far, only friendlies in their pre season camp because the championship will begin later this month, and im afraid they wont be at their best. But as godmato said, Moldova is a crap team and we should easily dispose them. 3/10 from me tho for the handicap

Re: International Friendlies ( Feb 6-8) San Marino v Republic Ireland Euro 2008 Qualifier I am looking tonight for some value bets in the Internationals and this one smacks me right in the face as NUTS!!!! Whenever I do a 0 V 0 draw bet i always bet on no goalscorer as this gives 2 bets in one! - for the scoreline and for an own goal being the first goal scored Now Paddypower have the NO GOALSCORER betting at 40/1 and you can back it each way at a third the odds for it being either the 1st 2nd or third goals scored (OWN GOAL that is!) Dunno what anybody else thinks but this SMACKS VALUE to me! I am not banking on San Marino holding out for a nil to nil here. however they could just put their eleven men behind the ball and frustrate the Republic Ireland - or ping pong tennis in San Marino's box and the ball cannoning into the net off a San Marino defender or their Goalie who is called Quasi! (because he has a hunched back due to picking the ball out the net all the time!):lol Anyhows a little value bet worth a few quid of my money anyhows! What does everyone think? :hope

Re: International Friendlies ( Feb 6-8) Algeria hosting Libya in this friendly match. Odds dropped already and many bookies removed the match. Why? Cause everyone is betting on home team, and with some good reasons... Algeria at home is very strong, and for this match they will have practically full squad with players who play in European leagues, plus atmosphere will be great and packed crowd of 50.00pps expected. With Libya that's not that case and they are always poor travelers so can't see them staying unbeaten today. Pick Homewin, premierbet @1.73. GL~

SportFootball (Internationals)
EventMalta x Áustria
SelectionAustria
Strength10/10
Date07/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.45 (Back)
ReasoningMalta alone gained a game since August of 2002, in the passed year, surprising the hungria, and I do not see the lesser possibility to obtain to the little one draw today, and for the commentaries of the trainer of the austria, he seems that it wants to gain the game today. will not need very strengthens, I I find. The Austria alone will have these friendlies to prepare the team for eurocopa, therefore I find that they will not waste friendlies until eurocopa