Tennis Week 2 ( anything NOT Australian Open )

I would like to start this week by apologize to people following my bets for stupid desicions I made last week like Murray today. Even though I've been bad-mouthing Murray all week I make a 10/10 on that clown. This week we got: Medibank International - Sydney - ATP & WTA http://www.medibankinternational.com/ Draws: https://www.clubsonline.com.au/club/customitem/attachments/mens%20singles%20draw.pdf Heineken Open - Auckland - ATP http://www.heinekenopen.co.nz/1/home/ Draws: http://www.heinekenopen.co.nz/4/is/includes/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.atptennis.com/posting/2007/301/MDS.pdf Moorilla Hobart - WTA http://www.hobartinternational.com.au/pages/default.aspx?id=4&pageId=11619 Draws: http://www.tennisaustralia.com.au/pages/default.aspx?id=4&pageId=11673 AAMI Classic - Kooyang - EXH No draw yet but players are: Federer, Roddick, Nalbandian, Ljubicic, Safin, Haas, Stepanek & Roddick according to website.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis Week 2 Hantuchova - Vaidisova Vaidisova was really poor at the Hong Kong Challenge event and was serving lousy according to reports. She tends to have motivation problems so close to Grand Slams so I'm going to try the price on Hantuchova. Hantuchova - 2.50 @ Centrebet 3/10

Re: Tennis Week 2 well....the underdogs are going to straight hell so I'm gonna try some more "secure" bets again.. Alicia Molik vs Jelena Kostanic H2H is 3-0 to Molik and she has won all three matches in straight sets. She's playing at home and should be motivated after getting a wild card and should not have any problems to beat a Kostanic out-of-form. Alicia Molik - 1.44 @ Pinnacle 10/10

Re: Tennis Week 2 hello mate,ok personally i called him as "mickey mouse" player,you said is a clown,some others have different opinions,the truth is that as almost all ATP tour players he is unstable : like the moon,somedays he plays really good,some others he simply cant serve and hold his service,i can not follow any of this week tour because i decided to to remain fully dedicated to the grand slam of next week,:ok i will be here reading comments,and probably post if i have information from any of the week's 2 events C ya have a nice week:cheers

Re: Tennis Week 2 Philipp Kohlschreiber vs Luis Horna Kohlschreiber did an OK match despite his loss vs Baghdatis. He looked motivated and in shape but Baggy was simply too talented for him. Kohlschreiber has a good record here in Auckland 8-2 and one of his wins was actually over Luis Horna in 2003. I don't know what form Horna is in but I read that he had a shocking defeat in a challenger in the last match last year. Maybe he wasn't motivated enough but I think Kohlschreiber has a good chance to beat Horna if he can repeat his performance from the Baghdatis match. Philipp Kohlschreiber - 1.50 @ Bet365 8/10 David Ferrer vs Gaston Gaudio Gaudio has returned from the injury that forced him to retire from Copa Argentiva de Tenis and there is a questionmark on his form while Ferrer has done well during the break. He beat Moya and Verdasco before losing to Nadal in the final in the Malaga Tennis Masters and went to quarterfinals here last year so he likes it here. David Ferrer - 1.55 @ Centrebet 6/10

Re: Tennis Week 2

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventVliegen - Tipsarevic
SelectionTipsarevic
Strength10/10
Date07/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.21 (Back)
ReasoningVliegen is such a big favourite here???No way.Maybe because Tipsarevic retired against Hewitt with thigh injury but I don't see such a big difference in abilities here.Pinnacle is giving almost 70% chances of winning to Vliegen.Of course Vliegen can sometimes have really good appearances but most of the time he is nothing special really and Janko can give him a hard fight if he will be fit.All in all value is on Tipsarevic side here.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventGinepri - Mayer
SelectionGinepri
Strength10/10
Date07/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.51 (Back)
ReasoningMayer is rather clay player than hard courts and here I give advantage to Robby.Ginepri always plays good on hard courts.Mayer on hard courts is winning usually against rather poor players and against those good ones he is pretty crap.As in previous week against Gasquet when he gained only 3 games.This is first tournament for Robby this year and he will for sure want to make it to the further rounds to play some tennis before AO.I can see only one winnere here and anything else than Ginepri win will be huge surprise for me.

Re: Tennis Week 2 Hi guys, We continue with the following pick for tomorrow: ATP TOUR, MEDIBANK OPEN, SYDNEY GASQUET TO D BENNETEAU @ 1.34 on Pinnacle After struggling with the injuries for the 2004-05 seasons, Richard Gasquet seems to be healthy now and moving into the top 10. In 2006 he has won 3 ATP titles and (provided he will stay healthy), he will be top 10 player this season. Benneteau is a solid baseline player but Gasquet will have too much power and variety for him. Regards, www.WinningTipster.com

Re: Tennis Week 2 Robby Ginepri vs Florian Mayer Ginepri has changed to a new coach and he sounds confident about this year. "I think you'll see a different Robby next year," Ayala said. "He's been so up and down and now he's more focused, ready to be a pro. I bring my passion for the game, and I think it's rubbed off on him. He wants to put in the work." Ginepri started last year pretty poorly but has played better and better when it's been the opposite for Mayer who had a great run and was lookin to improve in the rankings but has faded away. He had a poor last week and I think a motivated Ginepri should beat him here. Robby Ginepri - 1.55 @ Bett1128 8/10 Jan Hernych vs Andreas Seppi Seppi has been in really poor form for a while and it doesn't look like he's gonna start winning anytime soon. His last win was last summer and this a great chance for Henrnych to start winning and pass Seppi in the rankings. Jan Hernych - 1.73 @ Bet365 6/10 James Blake - Xavier Malisse Well Malisse impressed and won the Chennai tournament and his clearly in-form while this is Blakes first match for the season. The only problem is if Malisse might be a little bit tired and lack of motivation after the win so I keep the stakes low. Xavier Malisse - 2.81 @ Pinnacle 3/10 (Screw this one..the plain from India to Auckland takes like 16 hours and lands few hours before match unless it changes...my fault) Dmitry Tursunov vs Hyung-Taik Lee Tursunov started season ver poorly with poor losses vs Philippoussis and Fish but he straighten up and won the tournament for Russia where he beat Robredo in the final. A match well played from Tursunov and thinks might be turning around now for the Russian and he has a great chance to boost his self-confidence with taking out Lee who's not getting any younger. Dmitry Tursunov - 1.56 @ Pinnacle 7/10 Volandri & Grosjean & Santoro look like good bets too but I think I'm going to skip them...... Jelena Jankovic vs Martina Hingis Pure value on Jankovic who played well last week and won the Auckland WTA tournament while Hingis lost in her final vs Safina on Gold Coast. Jankovic seems on fire and she has the chance to beat Hingis tonight and the price is good because it looks like a 50/50 match on the paper. Jelena Jankovic - 2.10 @ Bet365 5/10 Maria Kirilenko vs Sania Mirza My first bet for the season was Mirza and she did her job and I'm hoping that she'll do the same tonight when she takes on Kirilenko that just can't be trusted at all serving poorly and making too many errors in game. IMO Mirza with her stable play should be the favorite here and not the underdog. Sania Mirza - 2.10 @ Betway 6/10 Million bets again...I never learn...will probaly be crying tomorrow...

Re: Tennis Week 2 I have backed Chris Guccione to beat Rafael Nadal in Sydney @ 5.4 Betfair Guccione has twice knocked out a spaniard in the first round of this tournament (both times JC Ferrero) and is growing in stature after his first final in Adelaide. Nadal seems to be struggling a little towards the start of the season. My general following of tennis isn't too good though, so I wouldn't advise following my bets. 2/10

Re: Tennis Week 2 Tipsar is funny :) he gave all what he got in first set and then he stopped playing :D he must have an injury.if he would be fully fit I'm sure he wouldn't gave away that second set 0:6.oh well......I'm not playing this but I want to know how many I would got right :) lapentti, mirza, moore, verdasco, volandri, kostanic.Just for fun :)

Re: Tennis Week 2 looks like it's gonna be a strange night...both Ferrer and Gaudio has dropped their serve twice and the score is only 2-2 in the first set... Ferrer won 5-7, 6-3, 6-2 Kohlschreiber won 6-4, 7-5 Mirza won 6-4, 6-4 Jan Hernych won 6-4, 6-2 Ginepri won 6-3, 6-2 Jankovic won 6-4, 4-6, 6-3 Molik won 4-6, 6-1, 6-2

I'm not playing this but I want to know how many I would got right........kostanic.Just for fun :)
lol...kostanic...she couldn't do jack even though Molik gave her one set lead...best bet since Youzhny vs punk Monfils who lost yet another again vs Alberto Martin....lol

... Jankovic won 6-4' date= 4-6, 6-3
Looked a really good win considering (close to forfeiting mid match), and Hingis didn't do a lot wrong. Would Jankovic be even better if she came in behind more of those groung strokes - seems a shade hesitant on volleys, was windy though. Has she got what it takes to try at odds for the AO (31.00 available)? What do you think Donald & co.? As a matter of fact being an odds punter myself would be interesting seeing some framed (to 100%) markets from you guys :ok.

Looked a really good win considering (close to forfeiting mid match), and Hingis didn't do a lot wrong. Would Jankovic be even better if she came in behind more of those groung strokes - seems a shade hesitant on volleys, was windy though. Has she got what it takes to try at odds for the AO (31.00 available)? What do you think Donald & co.? As a matter of fact being an odds punter myself would be interesting seeing some framed (to 100%) markets from you guys :ok.
@Ashtee Hei I have opend an "Austrlian Open 2007" thread.. I pretty sure I will the next 2 or 3 Weeks... :hope Im a Punter on another site,. And it looks like this for 2007 Atp Tour / Men 9/12 75% Wta Tour / Women 9/9 100% :ok See Yaa Arround.. :cheers

Re: Tennis Week 2 Sydney first round Nadal v Guccione 1.22 5.10 are people still beleiveng that nadal ca n do it well on hard courts? Blake v Malisse 1.52 2.82 the value definetely is on malisse,he looks great at the moment Gasquet v Bennetau 1.31 3.45 i expect a lot from gasquet this year,he is one of the most skilled youngsters in ATP,along with murray berdych djokovic ancic and soderling all of them between 20-22 in age however, this is "inner matter" a french clash,bennetau proved to be a strong underdog many times,value again is definetely on the outsider i wiil take malisse and bennetau as double just to enjoy my stay in front of my pc,small (funny) bet,since i still dont have picture whats happening there c ya:clap :clap :clap

Ferrer won 5-7, 6-3, 6-2 Kohlschreiber won 6-4, 7-5 Mirza won 6-4, 6-4 Jan Hernych won 6-4, 6-2 Ginepri won 6-3, 6-2 Jankovic won 6-4, 4-6, 6-3 Molik won 4-6, 6-1, 6-2
:ok brilliant tipping and analysis donald! :clap i missed the ferrer match. and as i don't like betting too may odds on shots, i did a small yankee on those, (3/3 and 1 void) and singles on mirza and jankovic. nice full house dd! :cow :nana :cow

Del Potro winning over Calleri - Tennis Week 2 Hi. I am new on this forum, and I like it a lot. For my first attempt here, I am taking DEL POTRO @1,95 (365) The guy is playing fine in this period, and Calleri seems to be far from any good, for the moment. Bye. Giorgia

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventRoger Federer to win French Open (must start R1)
SelectionYes
Strength10/10
Date10/06/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.05 (Back)
ReasoningOk.Let's be honest only threat to Federer here is Nadal.I don't believe that Nadal is capable of winning this three times in a row.Roger surelly wants to win all four grand slams this year and he needs Rolland Garros to make it as on fastest surfaces he is great.So Rolland Garros will be the most important one for him.At this odds I believe this is worth a try.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventKendrick - Fish
SelectionKendrick
Strength10/10
Date08/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.43 (Back)
Reasoning3.43 for Kendrick win :D I'm trying it.Great odds for this big server who is not without any chances against Fish.Fish is not so great to be such a big favourite.At Hopman Cup he losed to Haehnel and won against Tursunov and Healey.That's not very impressive results.Kendrick knows how to play on fast surfaces and I think that today he will give really tought fight to Mardy.Kendrick won qualies here so he already has advantage of playing few matches here.All in all Kendrick is quite a value for me here.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventPeer - Schnyder
SelectionPeer
Strength10/10
Date08/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.40 (Back)
ReasoningSchnyder is a favourite here.But I see this match more like 50/50 so I will back Peer here.She played really good tournament last week losing in SF to Safina who later won.Here at Sydney she already easilly won against Groenefeld.Peer is in pretty good form and she should have the edge against Schnyder who played only in friendly tournament so far this year.So Peer for me here.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventMinar - Srichaphan
SelectionMinar
Strength10/10
Date08/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.78 (Back)
ReasoningThose odds are just to good not to try them.Srichaphan is recovering from wrist injury and it's obvious that he is not fully fit as he was trashed by Koubek last week.Minar already has few matches behind him as he made is through qualies to the main draw.He beat Jones who played rather good last week and in final round of qualies he was better than Kim.Minar isn't without any chances against out of form Srichaphan.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventNa Li - Dementieva
SelectionNa Li
Strength10/10
Date08/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.06 (Back)
ReasoningAt odds over 3.00 I'm willing to try Na Li here.Dementieva had really hard match against Sugiyama.Two tb and third set was easilly won 6:0.I don't know what to think about it:) Na Li is really dangerous player on hard and she can play really good tennis.It should be more open match than the odds are suggesting.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventJankovic - Stosur
SelectionJankovic
Strength10/10
Date08/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.49 (Back)
ReasoningJankovic is in really good form at the moment and I really don't see any chances here for Stosur.When Jankovic is in form she is just great.And now she is.She can be really dangerous at AO.

Re: Tennis Week 2 Hi guys, We continue with the following pick for tomorrow: ATP TOUR, HEINEKEN OPEN, AUCKLAND MONACO TO D KING-TURNNER @ 1.25 on sportingbet / sportingodds King-Turner is a local "wild-card" player ranked 458 in the world who has never won an ATP match. Monaco is an up-and-coming player who has good record on hard as well as on the clay court. Monaco proved his good form by winning 3 qualifying round matches. The odds are low but Monaco looks almost certain to win. Regards, www.WinningTipster.com

Re: Tennis Week 2 Juan Carlos Ferrero vs Nicolas Massu The h2h is 5-1 to Ferrero and he has won 12 of the 15 sets agains Massu. He's much more talented and has far better records on this surface then Massu so it's looking like a clear win. Juan Carlos Ferrero - 1.57 @ Ladbrokes 10/10 Agustin Calleri vs Juan Martin Del Potro Del Porto reached the semi-finals last week in Adelaide but was unfortunate to be forced to play both the quarter-finals and semi-finals same day becasue of rain or it looked like he was a good candidate for the trophy. Calleri's end of last season was nothing special and he prefers clay while Del Potro actually prefers HC according to him. If Del Potro can repeat last weeks performance this should be an easy win for him. Juan Martin Del Potro - 1.74 @ Pinnacle 7/10 Rafael Nadal vs Chris Guccione Gucci is a real fighter and he's fighting about evey point like it was a matchball or something and he has great serve. Now Nadal played the doubles final in Chennai and the flight takes about 16 hours and I'm not sure he's 100% prepared so great chance for Gucci to at least take one set. Chris Guccione +1.5 sets (AH) - 2.50 @ Interwetten 3/10 Fabrice Santoro vs Jurgen Melzer Melzer played really bad last week and lost vs a struggling Luzzi and the punk screwed me big time and showed yet another time again that he can't be trusted. Santoro was good all week in Chennai and even took a set from Malisse who won the whole tournament. Current form pointing at easy Santoro victory but Melzer and his Lucky Luke luck can't be trusted so I keep stakes low. Fabrice Santoro - 1.76 @ Pinnacle 6/10 Elena Dementieva vs Na Li Well...yesterdays game between Dementieva and Suyigama was a lesson on how NOT to play tennis. Sugiyama gifted Dementieva 17 df's while the Russian had 15 of her own and their serving was simply just pathetic and with Dementievas crazy serving Na Li could punish her even if she isn't the a great player at all. Na Li - 2.90 @ Bet1128 4/10 Patty Schnyder vs Shahar Peer Patty Schnyder was very shaky yesterday and needed three sets and some luck to survive the match vs qualifier Dushevina. Shahar Peer has started the season in good form reaching the semi-finals last week and the value is purely on her side. Shahar Peer - 2.40 @ Betway 5/10

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventRoger Federer to win French Open (must start R1)
SelectionYes
Strength10/10
Date10/06/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.05 (Back)
ReasoningOk.Let's be honest only threat to Federer here is Nadal.I don't believe that Nadal is capable of winning this three times in a row.Roger surelly wants to win all four grand slams this year and he needs Rolland Garros to make it as on fastest surfaces he is great.So Rolland Garros will be the most important one for him.At this odds I believe this is worth a try.
looks ok..Hmm

SportTennis
EventJankovic - Stosur
SelectionJankovic
Strength10/10
Date08/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.49 (Back)
ReasoningJankovic is in really good form at the moment and I really don't see any chances here for Stosur.When Jankovic is in form she is just great.And now she is.She can be really dangerous at AO.
Jankovic didn't look healty yesterday and I don't know how many times the docs checked her pressure and stuff and it's still a mystery how Hingis managed to lose to a player in that bad shape.........

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventBardina - Nakamura
SelectionBardina
Strength10/10
Date08/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.88 (Back)
ReasoningBardina is young Russian talent and she has a lot of potential.She sent home Dulko after easy match.Nakamura had awfull previous year when she was losing almost everything and had only few good performances.I don't believe that something suddenly changed and she will start to win every match.Here she won against Pennetta but Flavia is in crappy form lately and she is losing everything she can.Odds are droping all the time and it went already from about 2.1 to 1.9.I will give it a shot.
SportTennis
EventSrebotnik - Kuznetsova
SelectionSrebotnik
Strength10/10
Date08/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.48 (Back)
ReasoningWild shot as it's always dangerous to bet against Kuznetsova but it's worth a shot I guess.Russia's Svetlana Kuznetsova pulled out of the Champions Challenge on Saturday because of bronchitis.Srebotnik is not so bad player and if she has a good day she really can play good tennis and especially against Kuznetsova who is after illness she have some chances.Odds dropped from about 3.80 and still going down so I've decided to bet on it.
It's probably last one for me today :) Hope some of this underdogs will be good.Healey was worth a shot when he was about 2.70 but now for about 2.00 it's crap.We'll see how he will do against Koubek.Odds are droping like crazy.1.69 at pinnacle.Pity I didn't put a bet when it was over 2.50.

Re: Tennis Week 2 Okay tennis fans, the season is on the way and i will try to add my five cents on the thread. 1st pick of the 2007 (lets hope that it cashes in) Melzer v Santoro / Santoro to win 8/10 @ 1.80 Expekt Santoro presented himself in a good shape in his 1st tournament of the year in Chenai, where he beat Phau and eventually lost to later winner Malisse in three sets, while Melzer lost to Luzzi in three sets in the first round of Doha. Looking at their recent form Santoro looks better prepared as Meltzer, Meltzer had much better finish to the 2006 year and with reaching a final in Metz, quarters in Wiena. On the other hand Santoro was strugling from june and skipped only 1 first round from june 2006 – he eventually shined in Lyon where he reached semis to be beaten by then in form Davydenko. Not much difference between those two. They played three h2h, all matches went to three sets and Santoro leads the series 2-1.

I am basing my pick just on the current performances of both, as Santoro played good against later winner Mallise and was the only player in Chenai tournament to grab a set from him and on the other hand Melzer disapointed against Luzzi as he lost in the 1st round against the 147 placed player. IMO his serve is just to weak for upseting Frenchman today (ok tomorrow morning for us in Europe)

Re: Tennis Week 2 Minar v Srichaphan Srichaphan to win @ 1.61 10bet 10/10

Wont loose to many words on this one. Minar is first round player..he likes to visits cities and loves to travel but seem that he cant settle down for participating in second round of any tournament. ..lol. Okay seriously Minar last year ATP record 1-14 and Scrichapan brothers member Paradorn 28-30…so thats 27 more wins than Minar. If the Czech player wins this one i will be….to say the least veeery surprised. Again i know that Paradorn is injured, but to hell with it, im playing it on 10bet, so if Thai player will be feeling the pains again he will hopefully surrender this match and the bet will be void. But the odds for Goliath against David are simply too good to ignore